>>

Other urls found in this thread:

mega.nz/#!NbABzBaA!--utmXYhXROFHd15LnfZG3M58zpspn34_gAhS911AMM
youtu.be/_2VIYgIYRpk?t=2m46s
youtube.com/watch?v=3_cJ9BlMCw8
youtube.com/watch?v=pwa6754O8SE
youtube.com/watch?v=mBz0CyTPyFs
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

I know for a fact that Cloister socializes with another trip outside of /who/. He's just a very shy, and very private person, who doesn't like using "newfangled" social media. He's a jolly person, just a bit private.

I agree with your general point. But I won't have ya talking smack about Amadeus. (She used to thorax stream for /who/. )

Why do I find these mirrored pics so funny?

That's really interesting, and thank you for the best wishes. I don't know why I generally open up a lot, but I consider most of you to be good friends, which is a weird thing to say considering how the majority of people here are completely anonymous.

I guess I've always been pretty emotionally open? I don't know. I'm probably more comfortable doing that since I write songs which are all very emotionally-charged, so I'm kind of used to sharing my feelings with others.

can we stop the circlejerk now

I have an entire folder full of this shit.

>How long is Paul McGann in Holby City for?
Don't think it's been said anywhere yet.

>Maybe this is his way of distancing himself from Doctor Who
I wouldn't think so, he's very passionate about it, and he absolutely loves being a part of everything. He's still going to cons regularly, and in his interviews he makes it fairly clear that the last thing he wants to do is distance himself from the franchise. If anything, he's spent recent years getting more and more involved where possible. He's always been vocal about his desire to return to the show, should the opportunity ever arise.

it annoys me that while we understandably dont get a /who/ discord, a bunch of trips get their own little private communications, cause it shuts out anons ever getting to know others more indepth like some trips do with each other
id guess some trips even feel the same since thesres a bunch of arbitrary ways discord tags would get passed (in a stream one time, in that gamers league some were talking about doing, in other discords like the reddit one, etc)
just kinda demotivates me from using /who/ when i know it will nevre be the 'full' experience and im just watching people that will get closer to each other when i wont get th echance

>cause it shuts out anons ever getting to know others more indepth like some trips do with each other

Oh no. Whatever will we do.

im not saying its a big deal or the end of the world, just that personally it feels like a bit of a shame to me since i genuinely like most of the anons and trips here

u got sixie

A classic of mine.

>I dont get why he is so liked or respected
He's a genuinely nice guy, is a /who/ veteran, and did secret santa stuff to name a few things

Eeeh, I ramble about Jessica Jones, Broadchurch, stupid art I'm doing that isn't DW related or appropriate to post.
>Also my Doctor Who GURPS game has become so degenerate and nsfw that I'm too shy to mention half the shit that's happened in it on here

>Davison and McCoy sitting the same way
>McGann and Tennant crossing legs the same way

WHAT DOES IT MEAN

Anonymous posting inherently means you will not develop deep interpersonal relationships with people, because no-one knows who you are. That's how this site works. You undertake anonymous posting with that understanding.

If you want the trip experience that much, just become one.

Isn't it just the discord found on /r/gallifrey? I'm pretty sure anyone can join...

kek thanks man

Also this is one of my favourites, although nobody really uses it.

i dont, for a number of reasons, im just expressing some thoughts as they come dude, no need to get all lecturing at me about it
and like i said im sure other trips have a similar thoughts as its not a random casual thing to just exchange discord tags

i meant theres no secret /who/ discord, or a regular /who/ discord like twinkanons
some trips have each other as friends on discord
theres a reddit discord with some users too(ehhh)

I don't believe the trips communicate with each other outside of /who/ quite as much as you might think we do.

>WHAT DOES IT MEAN
i dont know but it feels like there might be some sort of deep lore here

Alienating (some of) the fans seems like a pretty bad move to me, intentional or not. He must have known people would criticise and/or mock. Does he really expect us to take it seriously? Besides, soaps are factories. They mine the over 45s hoping somebody experienced will be thick enough to sign up. It's as ageist as the shitheads who don't want actors over 50 in their dramas.

One of the sci-fi cruises claimed it was until the end of the year but another con said twelve months. I guess we'll see.

mega.nz/#!NbABzBaA!--utmXYhXROFHd15LnfZG3M58zpspn34_gAhS911AMM

Reminder that karate bugman

Honestly, the most /who/ communicates outside of Sup Forums is the stream. So if you see a stream on, that's probably the best place to go to communicate with us non-anonymously.

It's also comfy as fuck too.

i dont think you, neo, or trips like guy and rob do (either at all or just a tiny bit), but immigrant and edge literally admit they do, and lymerence is on the reddit discord so he has with immigrant at least, though my gut tells me he rarely talks to him extensively

not necessarily condemning or anything, just saying. none of this is particularly important obviously either

Have you been reading the current JJ run, it's pretty dope so far and the last cliffhanger was a thing

I haven't, spoilertext it for me if it involves my purple husbando

Eight and Ten crossover when

I mean, it's not like we don't talk here. For the most part, I do most of my talking here.

*hugs user*

You're still getting the /who/ experience.

Yeah, in terms of one-to-one messaging, Immigrant is pretty much the only trip I talk to. But again, the stream is the go-to place for instant group chatting. There isn't much need for an external discord or anything because we have the stream.

good point i suppose. i appreciate that.

your doctor who talking. youll never get as close to an user as you are to edge. and now edge has you he'll never open up to another trip.

>now edge has you he'll never open up to another trip.

Says who? Edge opens up here all the time.

>/who/ CHALLENGE

Make a coherent scene out of some unrelated, unedited screenshots/images.

Pic related

obviously hes more comfortable in a private chat to someone he knows more, like you

kek that pretty much tells itself
the anti-plastic fucks up billi piper's plasticked face and she explodes

That is fucking brilliant. I want her to sign it.

I don't think him taking a role in Holby City is alienating to his fans. I wouldn't say so, anyway. As much as it's not a show I would ever usually watch, I'm still grateful to see him onscreen again. It's not as though his appearances at cons will suddenly be swarmed by Holby fans instead of Who fans, since I don't think the vast majority of the Holby audience would be the sort to frequent sci-fi conventions. I mean, it is a bit of a shame that he's wasting his talent on a soap, but ultimately it's his own decision, and no matter how much you or I stomp our feet, it's not going to change what he's chosen to do. All we can do is sit back and hope the Holby writers give him some kino scenes, because the McGann stuff is sure as hell the only bits of Holby I'll ever watch.

You're right in that I don't really speak to other trips much, if at all, outside of /who/. Only two know where to contact me - though I think there's also a couple of anons who do, as well - and there's a third that I'm not sure even knows they know. In terms of actual conversation for Doctor Who stuff, it all goes here, but I admit it's not the only place I post extensively about the show, but that other place is less of a conversation and more like me shouting at the void.

>Eight and Ten crossover when
it'd be pure kino, you know it. i know it. we all know it.

kek this is great time to go look for screenshots

lets all play lymerence's game, im still laughing at that billie pic

I just can't fathom why he chose Holby now of all times. What must his brothers think?

Oh I didn't parse that you only meant because Purple Man

For him you'd need to be reading Daredevil

Imagine her face if you asked her to autograph it

It'd be just a normal expression because I don't think she's able to show any expression because of the plastic

paul no longer welcome at family gatherings. ousted from the ancestral home for bringing shame and bad hospital drama to their doorstep

I've only just seen that you said "non-related & unedited".

I'll drop this one since I've already made it.

I'm fucking crying

I guess this fairly old one (a couple of weeks old now) is kind of a precursor to this.

you motherfucker

haha

I think Paul has alienated some of his fans, judging by some comments over the past few months.

Paul doesn't do 'stable' from what I gather so I'd imagine they just nodded and went along with it lol. I expect Steve was pissed and offended though. He left Emmerdale basically feeling demoralised and like he never wanted to talk about acting again, and Paul just decided to rubbish that as an isolated incident. He'll soon find out what it's like to slog your guts out on scripts that don't take into account what you can do as an actor though...

I don't get it

Doctor Who is dead.

>alienated his fans
On account of him being about as red as a period stain politically or him just being a general mug?

>judging by some comments over the past few months
Which comments would those be...?

He said he hates people with the tripcode !K4yYTJRGwk.

A controversial statement, but joke's on him, he's never getting rid of me.

A general mug? Do continue.

There's nothing to really continue, I just said that as a contengiency if I was wrong about him saying something tankie-tier politically.

I don't care if he's a tankie, he's still comfy as fuck.

>yfw you've been anoning here a long time

>yfw you remember mcgannchan and rare mcganns thread

Give me an honest review of Day of the Daleks: Special Edition, /who/.

I'd like to hear Briggsy have a go at some more OldWho Dalek voices desu

He's obviously very much left-wing, but he's never said anything extreme like that, so I don't think you have any reason to worry regardless.

bring back rare mcganns

All except Remembrance.
"CRUSH ALL RESISTANCE!"
gives me chills every time. Even Briggs can't top that.

Why is this scene so ridiculously kino?

I thought it was good, but I miss the really deeply voiced dalek in this clip @ 2:51 - youtu.be/_2VIYgIYRpk?t=2m46s

There's something about the audio quality of the Dalek voices in Remembrance that makes it more effective. Maybe it's how rough it sounds - it reminds me of how punk bands in the 70's slashed their really expensive speakers to get more grungy and rough sounds.

That Supreme Dalek was great, much more menacing than the Red or White Supremes from NuWho.
My only real question is this: Is the Supreme from Remembrance meant to be the same Supreme as in Revelation? If so that makes him the only recurring Dalek character in classic Who.

youtube.com/watch?v=3_cJ9BlMCw8
this scene in particular demonstrates your point perfectly. It's the almost guttural electronic quality to the voices that make them sound so threatening

Most Daleks just seem to be a simple ring mod, but this sounds like it wavers very rapidly in pitch too. That might be it.

Imagine the glory of a whole thread of rare mcganns! Shared like a marketplace! Doctor Who McGanns! Big Finish McGanns! Shirtless McGanns! Even the rarest of all McGanns: McgannMcGanns!!!

Its not a time or place to be remembered, McGannon... But...

There was a war. An SJW War. The last Great Sup Forums War. My people fought a race called the sjws, for the sake of all creation. And they lost. They lost. Everyone lost. They're all gone now. My family, my friends, even that /who/ board. Oh, you should have seen it, that old /who/. The rare McGanns thread would rise in the south, and the streams would shine. The threads on the boards were comfy, and when they caught the light every morning, it looked like the greatest /who/ ever to exist. When the anniversary came, the streams would blow through the discussions like a song.

>the Doctor will never be this /fa/

>Ted Lewis, whose novel Jack's Return Home was filmed as the 1971 Michael Caine hit Get Carter, had worked with Doctor Who producer Graham Williams on Z Cars. Williams was eager to bring Lewis onto Doctor Who, and so “The Doppelgangers” was commissioned in storyline form on January 7th, 1978, and as full scripts as “Shield Of Zarak” on February 24th.

>However, Lewis was not well-acquainted with Doctor Who, and as his scripts began to arrive in late April, it was clear that they needed work. Sadly, Lewis had begun a descent into alcoholism amidst marital difficulties, and was drunk when he met with Williams and script editor Anthony Read to discuss “Shield Of Zarak” (which may also have gone by “Shield Of Zareg”).

>By the middle of May, the serial had been abandoned, and was ultimately replaced by The Androids Of Tara; it was formally rejected on January 11th, 1979. Lewis never worked for the BBC again.

F

Roy rules

Kamen Rider is worse than aids on a dead puppy

*the old rugged cross background music intensifies*

>we never got an episode with Nine vs the Master

Why live?

Been out of it for a while. Any news on Soundtracks?

10/10 post, user. truly and honestly.

I never really cared for that background music for that speech, I wonder what it would sound like with some part of this playing just as quietly under it:
youtube.com/watch?v=pwa6754O8SE
predictable, i know, but still GOAT

For the most recent two series? Nothing yet.

Yes we did. It was called The Long Game.

youtube.com/watch?v=mBz0CyTPyFs

Will someone please add "Three Faces of Helena" be added to the Erimem section of the book mega? Thank you in advance.

Will Evil of the Daleks ever get an animated reconstruction like Power of the Daleks did?

I remember this one time back in japan I strangle a woman to death and got away with it, I've never felt more alive in my entire life jesus fuck the sheer rush of it all.

Could you actually keep posting nip women? It's nurturing the memory I swear.

no user, it's over. no more.

Best girl

You wouldn't believe the amount of blood rushing to my bungled pisshole of a cock while she's scrying and scraggling all over the damn place it was like gurgled despair valhalla.

so how about that doctor who, eh?

Obviously. My guess is it'll be Evil next, then perhaps Dalek's Master Plan.

I mean Doctor Who is cool and all but have you seen hot new series Kamen Rider Build

Gotta be honest with you here, user, I have not.

I couldn't be arsed to finish Ex-Aid desu

Trolling aside, I fucking wish Doctor Who could take a note from tokusatsu and use full suits more often. About the only thing that comes close are the Cybermen and maybe the Daleks.