Dormammu

I've come to bargain.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=JHFH7qDiyz0
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Three fiddy

Gawwdamn demonic monster

It's a good thing that no one in the movie called him out for stealing the Eye of Agamotto so he could just keep an Infinity Gem around for the rest of the movie

that.. yeah. but I loved this scene. and the scene in NY. and the reverse time fight. and the Sanctuaries overall design and just cool magic and visuals all over!8

>there's no such things as time in the dark dimension
>but there is such a thing as moments following each other, speech in the form of sounds made in succession and ending the existence of something that was previously whole
It makes no sense. Also, if Strange was continuously reversing himself to be alive again, how come he had memories of his own death?

He didn't so much steal it as he was pushed back by an explosion into London.

And he was still the only one that knew how to work it.

It was a fun movie.

you´re implying that he stole it

when was it ever mentioned that it was forbitten to take and use it ?

>Wong: You weren't manipulating the space time continuum you were breaking it.

He's in a dimension without time, so he adds his own laws of time to the dimension.

>If I die, loop back to when i activated the loop.

Dormmamu is an inter-dimensional being and Strange is the user of the Eye. It would be easy to assume they can keep their memories.

Think of it like the Ancient One said, programming.

Time is the loop, Strange and Dormammu are the counters/variables.

END THIS

Think of it like this:

Every time Strange goes back, he folds time. To strange he only ever dies once, but he's willing to die every time.

To Dormammu, who's used to experience all moments at the same time, he hits a point where more new points come into contact, like he's unfolding an acorddion-type deal.

To him, who's used to see everything, is being spammed with a lot of the same thing.

Sure, it doesn't make sense how he can talk/communicate/ not predict it, but it just sort of is like that, not unlike Dr. Manhattan. Strange just clouded his gaze by spamming him with tons of repeated information.

Dormammu probably couldn't even let Strange live or torture him for more than a few seconds before it reverted back to the beginning of the loop.

It's a dimension lacking time as something perceived rather than time as physical motion.

It makes no sense scientifically, but not everything has to

>To Dormammu, who's used to experience all moments at the same time, he hits a point where more new points come into contact, like he's unfolding an acorddion-type deal.
So it's like a Doctor Manhattan being surprised for once in his life deal?

That's how I took it, yes. I thought it was pretty clever and original.

I also keked at them literally reverting the clichê by having the final battle occurring somewhere where instead of a huge destruction going on, everything is actually being constructed.

>his increasing smugness at every repeat

>"Dormammu! He venido a negociar"
It wasn't as great as Guardians and it didn't deliver much of what I was expecting, but it was an enjoyable origin movie and the visuals were stunning. I have high hopes for the sequel.

>It makes no sense scientifically
It's fucking magic I ain't gonna explain shit.

Hopefully Marvel gets back Doom, and he is in a movie before Strange 2

>Dr. Strange 3: Triumph and Torment
Stop it, user. I can only get so hard.

bruh

youtube.com/watch?v=JHFH7qDiyz0

Dormammu looked kinda like he did in the Spider-Man series from the 90's.

Shuma when?

Yeah, I thought the same.

Actually, when Strange first was sent to the dark dimension, during the travel through different worlds montage, I thought to myself "lol that face screaming at him might have been an easter egg hinting at dormammu" and then it turned out to actually be Dormammu. I still want flaming head and Mordo's beard though.

Guardians of the Galaxy 3: The Imperative

This shit got me hyped

like, he used an Infinity Stone to BTFO Dormammu in his own dimension, and this was only his FIRST DAY as a superhero

I can't wait to see how strong he gets after a few more movies. He's gonna make Thanos his bitch most likely

DORMAMMU, I'VE COME TO BARGAIN

Which cheapened the villain in turn a lot. Fucking Kaecillius and two of his minions were beaten by a rookie wizard and a glorified dishcloth, and Mr. Doctor didn't even use the Eye.

They were both beaten by the Cloak, who's got a lot more experience.

the cloak is apparently a big deal artifact, and strange would have died many times without the cloak

I got the impression that Kaecillius wasn't meant to be that experienced either. More dangerous because he has a lot of will to do radical shit.

One would think they'd have a spell to take care of it since they can summon interdimensional beings and shit but ok.

Dormammu, I come to bargain.

You have to get that Kylelicious motherfucker out of my world, and then you have to suck my dick

>and strange would have died many times without the cloak

Another useless Captain America without steroids?

Actually he hold his own pretty well before the Cloak entered the fight.

All the summoning rituals seemed a bit slow, and usually are in most interpretations of Magic across the mediums.

What irked me the most was that they could've easily have stretched the story time by just mentioning it. It was pretty pointless to have it occur so quickly.

>he uses the eye to make Dormammu suck him off for eternity

The pace on this movie was all over the place.

>tfw ancient waifu won't be in the next movie

The summoning ritual was just that; a ritual. It took time and required them to stand in formation.

And I doubt they could just call up an extradimensional being and say 'DO ME A SOLID AND KILL THIS CAPE B' without some pretty harsh repercussions. They were already in debt to Dormammu, why add more onto that.

They could've solved it by just stating that it was 2008 or something at the beginning, or through those calls he was getting or something.

It was right there for them to grab, but they didn't. I thought it was weird, but I guess he would've interfered to help against the Dark elves or Ultron. Maybe not Civil War, but still.

It helps isolate it from the other movies, but it feels wonky, because as a movie-pacing it was fine (as in the actual screen time for each phase of his development), but it doesn't make much chronological sense.

Why not? They were all going to be part of the "one" anyway. A lower rank demon, or something would've been nice. Anything they summoned would've Dormmamu owing them and I'm pretty sure he would just vanish them from existence if they try to reclaim the debt. But anyway, I didn't mean to say they had to specifically summon something to deal with the Cloak, maybe just a spell to encase the cape in a magic prison or send it to another place via portals could've done the trick. Considering Kaecilius was a big shot student that can read ancient books and shit, I'm sure he could've come up with something.

I would've liked a TV showcasing Tony Stark admitting he was Iron Man in the background while Strange was operating, some monks talking about the alien invasion in New York, maybe about how the Sanctuary was safe, when Stephen was reading/training or some other nods to early MCU as the movie progressed. That could've been nice.

That'd be way too on the nose. You can't go that far.

Just a simple year reference like they did with Iron Man 3 and the dabadeedabadie song.

>To strange he only ever dies once

This meme needs to stop. Strange dies multiple times and remembers each time. That's how it works. You see it work that way fifty other times in the movie when he uses the eye. He always remembers what happens before he reverses time. Also, unless you're literally autistic, you'd notice he changes his tone of voice each time he says he's come to bargain in a way that communicates a progression from one loop to the next, something he wouldn't have if his memories weren't carrying over.

Maybe you're right. I thought it was because he had planned it before hand and was gauging Dormammu's reaction, although I guess he'd be seeing him for the first time every time, so he couldn't tell calm Dormammu from pissed off Dormammu.

Still, it's a nice solution, mechanic's wise.

No. They should've gone that far. I want snarky Strange saying how the Avengers are just wannabes while he's actually saving lives.

This is what I was expecting, something like a shot of a waiting room with a TV on a news channel, and the announcer says something like "Weapons developer Tony Stark has been found alive" or whatever.

he probably has an avengers t-shirt

Doubt so. The cloak would get jealous.

What's your opinion on Tilda Swinton's take on the Ancient One?

Not everything has to make sense user. lol MAGIC

I liked how naive-sounding and child-like she was at times.

That last scene actually made me feel for her a bit. Dressing her up as Aang also helped a lot.

>It makes no sense.

True. People often fuck up in that way when trying to conceptualize time e.g. if the topic is time as a fourth dimension it's pretty common for people to assume that even though all the moments of time are physically present as one shape, your consciousness will somehow travel from moment to moment in that fourth dimension when any concept of motion or progression in that fourth dimension would defeat the purpose of explaining time as a fourth dimension. It's like they think there's a difference between "time" as an abstract thing that needs explaining vs. "time" as the actual experience of change and motion, and that you can somehow separate out the first sense of "time" while still keeping all of the second sense of "time" the same.

no one, not even dormammu, can avoid being conquered by the BTC

I've seen this line so many times, but Sup Forums has a habit of building up lines like they will be a huge deal, only when you get there, realize it's nothing.

>DORMAMMU, I'VE...

It's not being repeated because it's such a big deal, it's being repeated because that's literally what happens in the movie: Doctor Strange says the line repeatedly while in a time loop.

No need to sperg about it, user. Chill.

Top kek

Just because I post a picture involving cartoon violence doesn't mean I'm personally seething with anger, user.

Dormarmmuuuu...