The Flash Movie Loses Director Rick Famuyima

>Warner Bros. and DC Entertainment’s “The Flash” movie has hit another big speed bump: sources tell Variety that director Rick Famuyiwa has left the project.

>Sources close to both Famuyiwa and the studio saying creative differences again forced the split. The studio is still very excited to get the project off the ground and is expected to have a director shortly.

>Similar issues arose with the “Wonder Woman” project after Michelle MacLaren left and was quickly replaced by Patty Jenkins without causing any issues to the production schedule.

>Warner Bros. had no comment on the news.

>“When I was approached by Warner Bros and DC about the possibility of directing The Flash, I was excited about the opportunity to enter this amazing world of characters that I loved growing up, and still do to this day. I was also excited to work with Ezra Miller, who is a phenomenal young actor,” Famuyiwa said in a statement. “I pitched a version of the film in line with my voice, humor, and heart. While it’s disappointing that we couldn’t come together creatively on the project, I remain grateful for the opportunity. I will continue to look for opportunities to tell stories that speak to a fresh generational, topical, and multicultural point of view. I wish Warner Brothers, DC, Jon Berg, Geoff Johns, and Ezra Miller all the best as they continue their journey into the speed force.”

>The move comes as a shock, given that pre-production for the film is already in high gear, and production was set to start in early 2017. The project was also far along in casting, most recently adding Kiersey Clemons to play Iris West and Billy Crudup to play Barry Allen’s father.

>The movie was scheduled to be released on March 16, 2018. It’s currently unknown if this latest detour will force start of production and the release date to be moved.

Other urls found in this thread:

variety.com/2016/film/news/the-flash-loses-director-rick-famuyiwa-1201905032/
hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/flash-movie-loses-dope-director-rick-famuyiwa-942604
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Source, motherfucker.

>After Grahame-Smith’s departure as director, the studio acted swiftly to replace him without any hiccups. This situation, however, is different; pre-production was in the very early stages at the time of Grahame-Smith’s exit, allowing the studio to regroup and focus on finding a new director. With pre-production so far along, change course now will be a tough hurdle to overcome, while still meeting deadlines.

variety.com/2016/film/news/the-flash-loses-director-rick-famuyiwa-1201905032/

LGTSS
>the exploding dumpster fire that is the DCEU

FucK, WB and DC get your shit together, let me guess Dvd special edition is going to be the better version here as well.

>speed bump

Heh

>It's real

>sources tell Variety
Learn to read, and develop some patience. moot and Hiro only allow for so much in a post.

hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/flash-movie-loses-dope-director-rick-famuyiwa-942604

for another source

Nice, now maybe they can find a white director.

Just pay twice to see the same movie user and remember, pirating is wrong.

>"When I was approached by Warner Bros and DC about the possibility of directing The Flash, I was excited about the opportunity to enter this amazing world of characters that I loved growing up, and still do to this day," said Famuyiwa in a statement to THR.

>He added: "I was also excited to work with Ezra Miller, who is a phenomenal young actor. I pitched a version of the film in line with my voice, humor, and heart. While it’s disappointing that we couldn’t come together creatively on the project, I remain grateful for the opportunity. I will continue to look for opportunities to tell stories that speak to a fresh generational, topical, and multicultural point of view. I wish Warner Brothers, DC, Jon Berg, Geoff Johns, and Ezra Miller all the best as they continue their journey into the speed force."

>Sources say that the Dope director’s vision of making a movie with more edge clashed with the studio’s take.

>Sources say that the Dope director’s vision of making a movie with more edge clashed with the studio’s take.

So Johns was the executives bitch after all

You mean before his promotion, right?

He was always that.

Damn, I was looking forward to seeing what Famuyiwa could do with the property.

And yet......if Famuyima wanted to go with something egdier and left because he wasn't allowed to, his not being allowed to go edgier sure sounds more in line what Johns did with Rebirth than what WB allowed Snyder to do with MoS and BvS before Johns was given authority.

IMO, Famuyima was brought on board before Berg and Johns' promotions during the previous philosophy that guided the DCEU. If they came in, and wanted to right the ship, he might be the first head to roll in the pursuit of righting the ship.

>yfw Greg Berlanti is named director
>yfw it's a Grant Gustin-Ezra Miller team up movie

Remember when they said the DCEU would be more director centric with diversity from movie to movie than the MCU?

Disney can't keep getting away with paying our directors off to drop the projects! Can't we do something about it??

test

But they already cast a black Iris.

They may have realized that they wanted money instead.

More like Famuyima wanted to to a good movie, an original movie, and Johns is there to ensure generic movies are made.

Johns is being a bitch, just like when he wrote flashpoint.
Yes, and Johns being there just means Executive and panel made movies.

Yes. I said then that it was BS. That being filmmaker driven while the studio hired multiple writers to write scripts before Frankensteining a script out of parts of the submitted ones was talking out of both sides of their mouth.

Jewish director.
You mean jewish.
Or gay.

I wish that legitimate spergs like you are banned on Sup Forums

I don't see why they just don't hand em all to Snyder, he did an excellent job with BvS

I would rather it die and never hit theaters. Don't want to see another train wreck with Flash material.

DC movies are doomed.

>I don't see why they just don't hand em all to Snyder, he did an excellent job with BvS

WB and the rest of wolrd doesn't think the same

You bait is weak, but the truth is that Snyder as a center figure would had ensured DIRECTOR visions and different takes in the movies.

With Zack gone we will get generic crap, Johns can't say to no the suits and will want to give us shit.

Please, WB is in panic mode after "Batman V Superman" and "Suicide Squad" and probably sperged over Famuyiwa's edge after hiring him to give the movie that very edge back when they thought grimdark was the highway to heaven.

>I would rather it die and never hit theaters. Don't want to see another train wreck with Flash material.

another trainwreck?

Geoff Johns was a mistake.
The days of auteur capekino are dead.

Enjoy your run-of-the-mill quip flicks.

>before Frankensteining a script out of parts of the submitted ones
Fuck. They did? That's what ruined Green Lantern.
Is WB is just incapable of learning?

>speed bump

He probably doesn't like the TV show.

>Remember when they said the DCEU would be more director centric with diversity from movie to movie than the MCU?

yep. they lost more directors than Marvel, this is the 3rd

jewish people ARE white user

Second to last question in that article.

Sick meme

You should have realized that you didn't have the right kind of mindest to sell superman and went to Marvel with a Thor or Incredible Hulk treatment.

You'd be living the sweet life and making chedder hand over fist.
But NOOOOOOOO.

>More like Famuyima wanted to to a good movie, an original movie, and Johns is there to ensure generic movies are made.

depends what edgier means. Knowing Johns he want your basic superhero plot without risks

lol

Yeah, but he was neck deep in the GL fiasco.
So...no.

Thank you for your well wishes. I have every intention to.

>Make Batman the focal point
>Risk
Fuck off.

We should be afraid of wonder woman movie? All this franksteining thing doesn't look good. there was that rumor but I don't believe much

I'm still mad that it's a vehicle to make Cyborg relevant

>I will continue to look for opportunities to tell stories that speak to a fresh generational, topical, and multicultural point of view

Good fucking riddance. Thats basically aka I wanted to push diversity and current popular topics and DC said no make a fucking superhero movie.

A live action WW movie where they went with the original origin on top of the actress they chose was NEVER going to take off.

This shit is 100% bomb and no amount of them trying to ape the captain america formula but you know...setting it in WW1 is going to work.

>there was that rumor
Last three paragraphs, user.

So I'm not much of a DC fan, but when has cyborg ever been a member of the Justice League?

WB wants the Flash to be their teen appeal, reddit/tumblr/facebook character. They picked Famuyiwa precisely because "Dope" was a teen appeal flick.

The next guy will be just the same, but more willing to take orders. Expect the director of one of these teen John Green novel adaptations.

This fuck that director. I just want a by the numbers superhero movie, not some social commentary.

Teen appeal doesnt mean forced culture references, social commentary and forced diversity. You can make a movie that appeals to teens that is just a superhero movie.

>Teen appeal doesnt mean forced culture references, social commentary and forced diversity

To WB it does. That's your Flash.

>I just want a by the numbers superhero movie,

Johnsfags need to be banned

No it sounds like they fired this director because they didnt want that.

can they just reboot DCEU please

it's true
speed force and the color spectrum ruined Flash and Green Lantern stories forever

That's fucked up. Kind of disappointing.

HOW CAN THEY EVER RECOVER

Oh, I fucking love it.

>Sup Forums prefers to to lie to themselves Johns "saved" the movie rather than face the truth he's just a puppet with no actual power over the movies.

>More like Famuyima wanted to to a good movie, an original movie, and Johns is there to ensure generic movies are made.
My thoughts too unfortunately. I was hoping the DCEU under Johns would be less bland than DC comics under Johns but it doesn't look like that's to be the case.

Wow seriously? After WW, immediately the Flash director leaves? It feels like Snyder's the only one who's even sticking around now

DC is winning on the comics side and that is all that matters

Who is that and why should I care? Why are all of you faggots born after the 90s obsessed with what people on this twitter website think?

SO NOW YOU GUYS WANT "LESS" DARK AND EDGE IN YOUR DC MOVIES?

HOLY SHIT PICK ONE

Who?

Wow so Wonder Women is a mess, Justice League is still made by Snyder, and now the Flash director has quit.

I feel bad for DC fans, they just can't catch a break.

Suicide Squad's production should have been enough to convince you that was bullshit

I have a feeling what Snyder did to BvS is what is leading to this fiasco ever since it came out

>random anons using "born after the 90s" instead of millennials because no one can agree on what it means anymore
lmao

>I feel bad for DC fans, they just can't catch a break.
The fuck are you talking about? I'm having the best time I have in years.

>state of the DCEU

If Wondy and JL flop, DC movies are finished.

I really really hope that like 10 years from now we get a documentary of the dumpster fire that was the DCEU behind-the-scenes

Edge doesn't necessarily constitute dark. Deadpool was edgy. It just means different or subversive to what you would've expected.

Directed by Snyder right? Hopefully by then Docs are all he's allowed to direct.

>Deadpool was edgy
See people like you is why the R rating is dead. You'd probably think the original Robocop was edgy if it came out today

I can't believe we're pinning our hopes on a WW movie. What has it come to?

>in years
>slightly better Nu52 relaunch
>when Final Crisis and 52 was just before
hah ok then, have fun with Deathstroke and... New Super-Man?

>I cant believe hopes are pinned on one of America's oldest myths how dare we!

Patty Jenkins dropped out of "Wonder Woman"?

>I can't believe we're pinning our hopes on a WW movie
Uh, no. We were pinning our hopes on SS. Everybody pretty much gave up on the WW movie when they saw when it was coming out, what it was coming out against and the first director leaving

New52 start, token character that fooled no one. We like Cyborg, it's just that he has so little to offer and it's forced as fuck. Now there's rumors he's piggybacking on Flash's movie because he isn't popular enough to get his own

For the same reason DC fired this guy, she was trying to make forced social commentary bs instead of a superhero movie.

>Wonder Woman
>myth

Pipe down.

FINISHED
I
N
I
S
H
E
D

No, stupid.
Speed Force as created by waid and co-created by johns to a far lesser extent Saved the Flash character from being a fucking joke.
Now that they went with Barry allen made me the flash on top of the speed force being all barry allen and a fundamental force of the universe and powerful enough to retcon everything Flash is now the most stupid broken fucking charcter in all of DC.

>M-MUH WB CAN DO NO WRONG
>IT'S THE REST OF THE WORLD THAT'S WRONG

Nah. Pretty sure it was the talking tiger, m8.

Also the Flashpoint movie was pretty bad, not that the original story was much better

No, the original director was Michelle MacLaren.

WW, Flash and who was the third?

Only because his wife is a producer. He'd be laughed out of the industry anywhere else.

Speed force was boring, Waid was a fag
Messner-Loebs wrote a better Wally
Waid made him a meme