Pumpkin Reports

It's kind of fitting that we get our last two episodes on Halloween. A bit later than usual, admittedly, but Spain went back an hour so we were forced to wait just a little bit longer. I also had to cut out the intro again since the first one got shot down. Here's A Day In The Life Of Teresa.

youtube.com/watch?v=JXzvPZGjE28

Other urls found in this thread:

dailymotion.com/video/x500lil
dailymotion.com/video/x500mfb
mega.nz/#F!dsBRQbJL!mzni0Rd1LZ2rhqy9CrvbVg
m.youtube.com/watch?v=ONiEBphoD58
m.youtube.com/watch?v=hMZU-E9it9I
m.youtube.com/watch?v=2aioNVeXRzw
m.youtube.com/watch?list=LL6lYOmTc9ft4rcapBY1Zbfw&v=ZzLrYeKlSag
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Here's a dailymotion mirror for the mega. I liked this episode. Got a bit more information about Teresa, mainly in that she didn't realize how many toes humans were supposed to have when she made her disguise.

dailymotion.com/video/x500lil

Here's our last episode... it's about chasing chickens. Not quite what I had in mind for our grand finale. YouTube blocked it again, so I just went with dailymotion this time.

dailymotion.com/video/x500mfb

I was expecting Teresa to confess that her report was just a lie and that she and Goliath only had a boring life before being adopted, and then everyone proceed to forgive her for that

Great, I'm downloading it now.

And just like that, it's over. We saved a semi-lost series. I'm looking foward to our monthly threads, I suggest the first day of every month, skipping november.

Teresa's mom mentioned Teresa having soil in her clothes, and that there was soil in the bath as well after she used it. I guess that means the clothes she wears isn't part of her disguise?

By the way, the catalonian site has Fear Itself and Eyes Closed Friday again, can you check if it's in HD and upload it if they are?

Sweet. Forgot that we were due for a thread today.

It'd be nice if we had some episode discussion, felt the last thread didn't have enough

We talked a good deal about that crazy Victor episode. Plenty of talk about Teresa as well, as there is every week. I still find her fascinating, but there just aren't enough revelations, and with all of the episodes out, there probably won't be any more ever again. Damn shame.

What a ride we been through. I hope that this series continues.

Who else was here since first thread?

So, do you think Teresa was going to confess she is an alien or she was just going to say she lied about her past except about the part she was adopted?

I was.

I felt she was going to say she lied about the report, but she was probably going to admit to being an alien. However, that, too, would have likely been brushed off as a joke. The people would have considered THAT the lie in an attempt to boost the show's ratings.

Second or third for me

Did we seriously only have a single episode about Violet? Even Victor got more episodes.

Well, we did piece together that despite her appearance, she really is a girly-girl. She got defensive when Pixel talked about pink rooms and boy bands, but she loves fashion and makeup, and when Teresa became "normal" in the memory loss episode, really wanted to talk fashion with her.

She was apparently more popular than Max at one point, since she said she got invited to way more parties.

Well how about that. I mean, her fashion blog comment is consistent with that. As is her lipstick training in Flamulards.

Also, I learned a lot in this. Like how their planet is running out of soil, or how the world is advanced enough for jet boots

Also, Max's plan was pretty genius this time. He was the one ahead this time, and it was nice seeing Teresa in a state where she just has no options and has to go with it.

That being said, it was so close at the end that the anding made me annoyed. This is probably the first episode that did that for me.

We've had a thread each week for over a month, and we've had some good times along the way. And through it all, we stayed above the usual debauchery that one would expect from Sup Forums threads.

But fuck that. I liked this show because I wanted to fuck Teresa and I'm disappointed that barely 3-4 actually lewd drawings came out of these threads.

Talk for yourself, I don't want to fuck her, I want to hug her, kiss her and be a father to her.

I don't usuat wanna fuck characters (though I can't deny Teresa is pretty great) and I'm pretty glad that we never devolved into the sort of waifuism that completely killed Ben 10 threads, among others

Still bums me out that a show with 10 years of lore just devolves into 10 guys wanting to fuck Gwen and making everyone know each time

I figure she was gonna confess she was an alien desu. That day really sucked. Probably isn't used to that consistent and extended level of slapstic

What would happen if Teresa confessed - and people actually believed her? I doubt her people would welcome her back, but I'm not sure if they could proceed with the invasion.

I respected Kid vs. Kat because the leader of the alien race in that show actually tried to murder their alien agent on several occasions when he was deemed expendable.

They certainly couldn't, the whole thing hinges on getting to earth discreetly.

I have no idea what would happen to Teresa though. She'd probably get a visit from the government, and Max's brotherly love would kick in and he'd help her escape.

That could be a final season actually

And yeah, the Kid vs Kat aliens were no fucking joke, those guys were super serious about the invasion. Still feel the most immediate danger in that show, I honestly feel a little tense watching that shoe. When I'm not feeling annoyed

Well, I'm going to sleep. This may be the shortest lived Pumpkin Reports thread since the first one in March. Only two new episodes will do that, I suppose. Just hate that we end not with a bang, but with a whimper.

This thread is oddly slow desu. Wonder why.

This is also where we should be figuring out what's the plan for the monthly PR threads.

I doubt we'll have monthly threads. I admire their zeal, but when faced with nothing to discuss, they'll disperse. The show is still airing in Spain, which is something that started happening less than ten days ago, but it's hard to tell if anything substantial will come out of it.

As for the slow threads, I blame Halloween. Or maybe Sup Forums is currently too spooky for most people.

When we had that thread in september there were 3 chileans here, is anyone left here?
¿Me dejaron solo, compadres?

This thread is a poor example, we usually have plenty of discussion, and spreading it our monthly means we won't burn through it too fast. Stuff like best episodes or lore discussions or comparing it to Kid vs Kat, Invader Zim and Sargent Frog

Plus we can have art too, and a month is a good amount of time to produce more art. Plus I'd love to see news on how the show is doing and a thread would be the beat place to see it

I say we try them rather than just say it won't work and don't try in the first place

Interesting. So you guys have been saving this obscure show? Any links to other episodes? Also does anyone know about a show called Katbot (pic related)? I'm curious about it and thought maybe you guys would know about it since you guys seem to have a thing for the obscure.

We have an archive with all the episodes.
mega.nz/#F!dsBRQbJL!mzni0Rd1LZ2rhqy9CrvbVg

Someone mentioned that show in an old thread, but that show is completely lost forever, this one was lost but had a little chance to be saved.

Any clips? I have heard that clips exist. Also thanks for the Mega.

Here is the concept for the house.

The hallway.

And finally the old title card/logo that was made.

Shit, every time I see about this it just bums me out.

Along with Making Fiends, and the most English dub for The Small Giant

Also, here is the main Antagonist. Her whole deal was that she wanted to be like a savior or become cool by exposing Katbot. Kinda like Dib.

>how their planet is running out of soil
That's the most bizarre thing about this show's storytelling. Any other show would treat that as an important plot point and either bring it up several times or treat it as a big reveal. This show just casually mentions the main character's central motivation in a single throw-away line.

Nearly every oddity about the Kemii invasion can be explained with this one tidbit. Despite what Teresa says about the great Kemii Empier, they're not a race of invaders by nature.

sounds familiar

Even looks familiar.

I mean, I love that. The Kemii don't mention their plan because they already know it. There isn't an excessive amount of "talking like we're in a TV show" except from Pixel.

Plus, they allude to the important e of the soil and gardening a lot, without outright saying it, so the reveal makes sense. Good storytelling

God I wish this had another season.

I really should get around to watching more than just the ep in op so I can start a new discussion or somet

Here is a clip and apparently another motive was jealousy over a boy.

m.youtube.com/watch?v=ONiEBphoD58

Oops. Forgot this one too.

m.youtube.com/watch?v=hMZU-E9it9I

Shouldnt there be a normal webseries separate from the scrapped Disney series?

I'm the guy that was writing an ending to the series. I'm still at it, but seeing this episode gave me a great idea and I'll have to start from scratch. Instead of writing just an ending, I want to tell the story of origin of Pumpkin Reports and its ending using the lore we got from the series. I'll try to have the first chapter ready by the first monthly thread.

Yes, I believe there are two clips of the original.

Thus sounds great

Are you gonna write it where all the characters are super OOC for feels like all fan stories?

I'll try to stay as in-character as possible. I'll watch many episodes again for reference.

Here is the opening.

m.youtube.com/watch?v=2aioNVeXRzw

FUCK NOW I WISH I HAD MORE I WAS GETTING SUPER INTO IT

Ask and you shall receive but this is probably all that's left besides one screenshot of another flash.

m.youtube.com/watch?list=LL6lYOmTc9ft4rcapBY1Zbfw&v=ZzLrYeKlSag

Its just so laid back. It feels so 90's, which I'd usually be annoyed by, but its 90's in a good way

Also, I love this show's twist on it. Its not about invading at all, but preparing for a possible reverse invasion based on how the next generation might grow to be.

Its more self defense than any of the others. Damn thinking about this show bums me out

>hipster cred
I was here before the first thread, when Teresa was mentioned in an obscure character thread.

Is there anyone who worked on Pumpkin Reports that we could ask about the show? I'm not sure if any of them are on twitter or anything, but it might be worth looking into.

Teresa eats by sticking a tentacle into the soil. The episode yesterday showed she drinks by standing in a bucket of water.

Does eating or drinking anything with her mouth do anything for her? She kept using her mouth to drink in Monster Grow, so I assume that still works for her. We've only seen her take a couple of bites of food with her mouth. She doesn't like human food at all.

Was this show given any sort of definite finale?

Unfortunately not.

She was chewing and tasting the bark in this episode so her mouth works

Is Teresa anatomically correct under her dress? Considering she thought humans had over twenty toes, it's probably a train wreck down there.

Her mom probably gave her a bath at least once

Actually, if Goliath still has that giant tongue out the side of his head, they probably do still have a few things wrong

How does Forget Yourself work as a finale? Could it be interpreted as her moving towards giving up?

I doubt it. If anything, maybe she has been on Earth too long if the thing she remembered most was her cover story life. She forgot the Kemii stuff. I have no doubt she is still loyal to the Kemii, but undercover agents can lose themselves going deep for too long. Where does Teresa end and Loom begin?

We know she's been there a year. I'd say at least two since progress report was about halfway into the series.

Goliath eats entirely with his mouth, so I assume that it'd be an option for Teresa too, if she enjoyed eating unhealthy food.

She's got a giant tentacle the size of her torso that's far longer than could reasonably fit in her small body, so she probably doesn't have much room for human anatomy that doesn't directly contribute to her disguise. As much as I appreciate the artwork that explores that subject, I'm not sure it's entirely accurate.

12-years-old is a bit old to still be bathing your kids. I'm not sure that she'd need to be given a bath, though she might have needed to figure out how bathtubs work. She probably just stands in the bathtub and rehydrates. Bathtubs are pretty much just glorified water buckets, after all.

>She probably just stands in the bathtub and rehydrates
I like to assume that she ends up standing in the shower doing this the entire time.

I was going off her mom needing to teach her a lot of basic stuff like she said in the episode

As for the tentacle thing, I assume it can just grow longer. And doesn't necessarily needs to always be that long

John Dilworth isn't difficult to contact online, but he only had a hand in the pilot. He'd probably at least have some insight on the development of the concept, assuming he's not under a NDA.

I know it's just because they have no design for her true form, but it's still interesting how even as the queen, she is still imagining herself in her human form.

Goliath ate soil in the camping episode as well. He's just more... daring than Teresa. At the end of the day, with all of the episodes out, I'm not sure where I stand on Goliath. He really seems to follow the Gir model, with him mainly being a wacky sidekick who causes trouble, but occasionally follows orders and demonstrates extreme competence.

From what I recall, Gir seldom showed that competence for long, but he would get those red eyes where he actually followed his programming.

When you say first thread, do you mean the one with Violet in the OP or the one with Teresa in it? I got into it in the obscure character thread a little before the Teresa one came up. I also learned /trash/ has a strict no-loli policy, of all things, but I didn't catch a ban for it.

Teresa seems to be just as out of touch with her own species as she does with humans. Every time she discovers some strange human phenomenon, she acts like it's something she's never seen before and tries to study it, but then we see the other Kemii at the end of the episode doing that exact thing like it's something that they normally already do. For example, she has no idea what fear is even though it's very clearly something that the rest of her species definitely expresses regularly. And she even experiences fear herself in that exact same episode, but apparently she had never experienced it before or ever seen any of her species get afraid even though it's their default course of action in the face of anything moderately difficult.

She's still prime drawthread/commission material, though. I think the reason she isn't the next Gruftine/Creepy Susie/Buffalo Wing/whatever is that she's as enigmatic as she is unambiguously childish. Artists who watch the show know she's a mess of confusing tentacle anatomy under her skirt, and artists who don't will see a well-designed almond-eyed yellow child, which only appeals to the average loli artist. She's only rational next to Goliath on top of that, so the Gwen crowd looking for a smart little girl to dominate them has to deal with her eccentricities.

As much as I like Teresa's design, I'm too into dark-skinned muscle girls to want a lot of lewd art of the little yellow alien. Still, there's no need to lose hope yet.

It's clear the Kemii have a high opinion of themselves. Perhaps she simply likes to believe that her people are superior and above it all. She even lies about her own problems in several reports, like the soap opera one.

Not to mention, half the things that happen to humans that she tests out ends up affecting Kemii as well, like in the Lemuel Frequency.

The end episode tags could be seen as some of them happening after the report is sent in though. Even if that's not an excuse in every case, and definitely not an excuse for the fear thing.

Maybe she really is 12 years old, and still has a lot to learn about her own race. I figured she chose the body for the least amount of conspicuousness, and getting into a family, but maybe she's the Kemii equivalent of a 12 year old and so chose that when coming to earth

Aw yiiiis, thanks for the last episodes.

True, she's a much more interesting character generally than one for lewd

Still sad to see those words.

Same. I still have like half the episodes to watch myself

I think this is one of the shittiest post about this? But encapsulates a bunch of threads that pop-up simultaneously on the board. Just big request post in the form a threads.
It's wild, man.

Repeat that?

"It is in my opinion, that on the subject of reasons for people to make threads, this is the worst reason."
"Not surprisingly, considering how many threads are made on this board, not to discuss a subject, but with the sole purpose of getting free art. They just keep making them as one big drawthread request."
"It is sometimes perplexing."

That's what I got.

Why didn't Violet fall under the influence of the Christmas trees in the Christmas episode? It made people view them as a beloved relative, but Violet took umbrage with having a sister.

Oh, that actually makes sense.

Though I doubt people would invest in making several threads of a show just for art

Girls know how girls their age are

>Though I doubt people would invest in making several threads of a show just for art
Are you new?
Give yourselves a tour of the Catalog once in a while.

But sometimes, art doesn't come and then you're left there, awkwardly holding the bag, posting random images in the hopes of keeping the thread alive.

Which is what I'm doing right now in another thread as we speak.

I'm not new, just forget how bad the waifuism is here.

I honestly just go to the catalog, find a thread I usually go to and stay there, not even checking the catalog again until the threads die. Sup Forums sucks man

Admitting that you're shit, doesn't make you less shit.

>Sup Forums sucks man
ayyy

lol. Well I guess you were right.

It's a time honored tradition. To build interest in any show, you either need art or you need episodes. Pumpkin Reports had both, but now it's down to one. Without art, these threads won't last another night.

Sherlock Yack was similar to Pumpkin Reports in popularity. People fell in love with the cartoon. But all 52 of its episodes were available on day one. Sup Forums tapped that resource, exhausted it, and then all that was left was the art. It survived on /trash/ for another week before it became completely forgotten.

Pumpkin Reports will be forgotten. I've seen it time and time again. So yeah, if I find a show interesting or cute and I want to spread awareness about it, if there aren't any episodes, I'm damn well going to push for more art.

And considering I made every Pumpkin Reports thread except for one, including the original ones in March, and I posted Teresa in the obscure characters thread to get this ball rolling... I think I know what I'm talking about.

I think you're underestimating things a bit.

Yes, waifufags keep threads up once discussion slows down (source, every thread about a modern nick show besides spongebob) but a show with an interesting enough lore can survive on discussions of that alone. Ben 10 threads survived that way for a long time before waifufags took over.

Shit, then I guess it not as good a show, as you dudes say it is. Suck to be you, beggar.

I like the show. I've discussed it extensively in these threads. But we had episodes to fuel those discussions. Without new episodes, we'll run out of things to discuss. It's why, despite everybody on here loving 90s cartoons, you seldom see threads for Dexter's Laboratory or Angry Beavers. Nobody has anything new to talk about.

>he thinks any show is popular on Sup Forums because it's good

Well, their main effect is making existing feelings stronger. Christmas was making most people feel really happy and in a mood for family bonding. It noted that Max wasn't affected because he was suspicious of family members.

Maybe Violet was having some sort of trouble at home. She came across as a little more angry than usual to me in that episode.

With all of the episodes out, which one would you say is your favorite? I still think Progress Report is, because of what it depicts: Teresa's origin. But the episode that sticks out to me the most is Headless Pierre. It was just far more enjoyable than I anticipated. A solid episode through and through.

The best episode was the Flamulards because it reveal that Kemii aren't the only threat to Earth if Kemii are found on worlds.