430 Edition

picosong.com/wsrgs/

VOTE: strawpoll.me/13870391

pastebin.com/mcKYsFib

Meanwhile:

>no set design, feels empty and lifeless
>no interesting ideas for storylines and generally bad writing
>relies on gimmicks only instead
>those are unoriginal or just bad, unfortunately ("fuck you, albert", glove, andy and lucy, coordinates, riddles, ...)
>bad acting (Bell, Lynch, Horse, Robertson, Dern, ...)
>dull characters (one-dimensional at best)
>storylines and characters are introduced for no purpose
>everything is supposed to weirdly connect and make sense
>shot in digital in a way that doesn't compensate for the technology's disadvantages (looks bad)
>roadhouse scenes (out of place, badly shot, the songs, the bands, the extras, ...)
>student-tier storytelling/editing (characters are shown walking up complete sets of stairs)
>stretched out needlessly, long takes have no particular effect
>obviously delusional and/or inexperienced fanbase perceiving it as particularly meaningful, complex or "deep"
>can't compare to the original series that doesn't have those problems (coherent/complex and beautiful sets, costumes and make-up/well shot/well acted/well written/magnificent multi-dimensional characters and character relations, music, storylines and gimmicks/creates a unique athmosphere as a result, changing the world of television forever whereas "the return" neither manages to do something established really good nor to invent something new)
>extended pitch black scenes because of a lack of a competent cinematographer
>audio issues with microphone static left unaddressed because of poor sound design
>extremely poor editing with magically disappearing extras and production staff accidentally walking into frame
>somehow the best thing in tv history

That poll is insulting.

>no set design, feels empty and lifeless
>no interesting ideas for storylines and generally bad writing
>relies on gimmicks only instead
>those are unoriginal or just bad, unfortunately ("fuck you, albert", glove, andy and lucy, coordinates, riddles, ...)
>bad acting (Bell, Lynch, Horse, Robertson, Dern, ...)
>dull characters (one-dimensional at best)
>storylines and characters are introduced for no purpose
>everything is supposed to weirdly connect and make sense
>shot in digital in a way that doesn't compensate for the technology's disadvantages (looks bad)
>roadhouse scenes (out of place, badly shot, the songs, the bands, the extras, ...)
>student-tier storytelling/editing (characters are shown walking up complete sets of stairs)
>stretched out needlessly, long takes have no particular effect
>obviously delusional and/or inexperienced fanbase perceiving it as particularly meaningful, complex or "deep"
>can't compare to the original series that doesn't have those problems (coherent/complex and beautiful sets, costumes and make-up/well shot/well acted/well written/magnificent multi-dimensional characters and character relations, music, storylines and gimmicks/creates a unique athmosphere as a result, changing the world of television forever whereas "the return" neither manages to do something established really good nor to invent something new)
>extended pitch black scenes because of a lack of a competent cinematographer
>audio issues with microphone static left unaddressed because of poor sound design
>extremely poor editing with magically disappearing extras and production staff accidentally walking into frame
>somehow the best thing in tv history

friendly reminder that doppelcoop did nothing wrong and Cooper was the real fuck-up the entire time

sheryl a cute

Based Showtime.

>Judy is positive about this
>Do you have a Miss Judy staying here by any chance?
>This is for you. La seniorita... the young lady, she left it for you

>Before he disappeared, Major Briggs shared with me and Cooper his discovery of an entity. An extreme negative force called in olden times 'Jowday'. Over time, it's become 'Judy'.

How Frosted were you?

I would genuinely be curious how much freedom Lynch was given. I feel like maybe he was given a tad too much. The show might have benefited from some execs pushing for a slightly less disjointed and unfocused narrative.

The Return is to Lynch what the Star Wars Prequels were to Lucas.

>american time
>shitty memes spammed
>shitposting galore
>anime obsession
the fuck is wrong with you people

lol copypasta flooooood

I prefer these eyes to the original series ones, these look more spooky

Who is the Jar Jar Binks of TP The Return?

it's metal machine music

So true! We want Mark Frost back! He should have written the ending and kept that weirdo, pseud Lynch out of it. Mark Frost is an underappreciated genius!

Was that richard and linda fucking, or cooper and diane?
Why did cooper wake up in a different motel if he had already changed dimensions?

I think the creative freedom he had was fine. What should have been the limiting factor is the number of episodes, it should have been 8-10 instead.

Dougie

Bootlicker

ahahaha
R

E

E

D

E

D

So pin = Richard?

So the first scene with the Fireman was RICHARD this whole time?

Is Richard the REAL Coop? Is Coop a dream manifestation of Richard?

Doesn't get any truer.

I foresaw it coming

-both talks Funny.
-both shoe-horned in
-both are a total mary sue despite being lame

We would have gotten the sci-fi time-travel series we really wanted. Fucking Lynch.

they wrote everything together, you pseud

So was Doppelcoop wearing all black contacts to cover his milky doppelganger eyes or something?

no

Yawn

>Cooper and Carrie Page are in 2017 (multiple confirmation from screenshots, such as gas prices, town population)
>Carrie is a completely different person who has lived a completely different life
>Audrey is in a coma. Every Audrey scene takes place inside her own mind. She never left the coma after the bank explosion
>Annie was murdered by Dopplecoop after he raped comatose Audrey and burned down Briggs office
>Sarah Palmer is possessed by Jow-Daeh, she always has been since she was a child
>The girl in episode eight is young Sarah Palmer
>The two people driving the car at night are Richard and Linda, not Dale and Diane
>When Linda sees the vision of Diane at the motel that is Diane and Coop starting to enter their world. After this Richard and Linda have sex, then Coop wakes up in the other hotel
>Jow-Daeh stabs the picture in fury because Cooper helped Laura escape her death, she cannot even harm the image
>Cooper travels to the lodge, then to the real world 1988, then back to the lodge to rescue the real Diane, then to the new reality that rescuing Laura created
>Mike was never good, and the lodge spirits have always been advancing their own plans involving Laura, not helping Cooper
>Carrie screams at the end because she is experiencing memories crossing over from Laura's reality

You're not using "Mary Sue" properly. You're just using it as a buzzword.

Eh, they're fun and there's some great redone action scenes like Rei shielding Shinji from Ramiel and her suicide charge against Zeruel

then we all saw Linda coming :-)

B T F O
T
F
O

Post this as a review on imdb.

Clearly Frost should have had more input and roped Lynch's craziness and misunderstanding of what Twin Peaks is about in.

Really? Did Freddie somehow actually earn his super powers?

High five

The whole thing was good, but honestly the driving and overall slowness of the second episode gets to me. It's good at instilling a sense of dread but shit like Evil Coop being at the sheriff's station and the awesome shift of FWWM makes it better in my book.

doppelgangers don't have the milky eyes outside of the Lodge. Originally he didn't even have the black eyes, remember Coop right after he woke up had normal eyes. It's only for the Return that they changed it up a bit and had him have black eyes. iirc Kyle suggested that since it's visually very striking.

No, and it's never said that he needed to. The Fireman gave it to that random guy to further his own goals.

Lynch literally used his ideas for Star Wars in this.

Literally.

He perfected his accents.

>I would genuinely be curious how much freedom Lynch was given

Complete. It was a condition of his return that he be given completely control and final cut. That's why initially they refused to have him in the project and he got the fans and actors to rebel until they caved.

In what way does his hulk glove make him an instance of creator wish fulfilment?

>POWER GET THE POWER
>GIRIGIRI GENKAI MADE

Ahahahahaha... look its trying to think

Rebuilds are shit, kys. Anno only made them to fuck with retarded immature otakus by showing them how bad Evangelion would be if you throw in all the standard embarrassing anime tropes.

he didn't even get past the interview with George for SW

Was it stated in the original series (S1&2) that Laura's Diary had missing pages?

They were between the real world and the other dimension when they went to that motel. Sort of like the Black Lodge, but it was an area that the spirits didn't have access/control over. Cooper and Diane fucking triggered her trauma, which allowed access to the Carrie Page dimension.

Diane and Cooper became Richard and Linda in that universe. Not literally, but those were their identities.

It was Richard and Linda. Once you understand this that whole sequence makes a lot more sense.

It's Linda that sees a vision of Diane as Diane and Coop try to enter their world. Not Diane seeing a vision of Linda.

I think pin=Coop in the lodge

he's either dreaming or projecting himself into TP where he doesn't have the pin. When his face disappears from screen, and he goes to open the Grand Northern door, he has the pin.

Now who doesn't know what a mary sue is...

Self-insertion and mary sues are different things, retard.

Yes. It was part of the plot.

OKAY GEORGE LISTEN

WHAT ABOUT LUKE TRAVELLING BACK IN THE TIME AND KILLING DARTH VADER BUT THEN HE STOPS EXISTING AND FLOATS IN THE SPACE FOREVER

Do we have any idea as to the Fireman's motivations? I assume that the opening scene of the series (430, Richard and Linda etc) takes place after Cooper goes back in time to save Laura. But in that case why would the Fireman send Coop to Judy's alt universe?

How did the pages went missing?

not all self-inserts are Mary Sues but all Mary Sues are self inserts, it was literally named after girls inserting themselves into Star Trek fanfic

Well, who told you I was going to see Chip?

Do you even pay attention?

Worth it for the yuri

FACES OF STONE

Holy fuck. No, a mary sue is a power fantasy inserted as a creator avatar. Know the origins of terms before you start enforcing their definitions.

Laura hid them because of some weirdo Douglas Jones who is obsessed by her

>start watching some of EoE and almost start crying
TP can never reach this level of kino ;_;

Well... I mean sure. Still doesn't make the rebuilds good or worth watching.

Why don't you try to defend your show?

who was that guy/ the other people in the cells?

Coop decides to do it after meeting Jeffries, The Arm and Leland, who shows up again to give him another fetch quest (find Laura)

so I guess she's still key to something, but what that is we'll never know for another 25 years

Firemen put out fires.
The Fireman attempts to stop and undo the pain and suffering caused by the Black Lodge in their resident spirits' search for garmonbozia.

From Coop came Mr. C. From Coop and Mr. C came "Richard Coop," who came from two, not just one. He is "a level above" or "aligned" with the magic that created Mr. C from Coop. Being a more advanced entity, Richard Coop enters a more advanced plane, or world, or dream. Thinking that "Richard Coop" is the original Coop all along is wrong.

Wasting energy "proving" shitposters wrong.

Lul.

Hyggelig a mote dem. Jeg Heter Laura Palmer.

I liked it when he busted a nut on the coma girl :-)

this x 1000

>implying he's entirely wrong.

Rate Lynch films you've seen

Mulholland Drive > Blue Velvet > FWWM > Lost Highway

She had two diaries. One she left out in the open and looked like a normal teenage girls diary. The other was her hidden diary where she wrote about getting raped by BOB/Leland since she was a child, her drug abuse, her multiple boyfriends, drinking, and terrifying visions.

One day she goes to get her secret diary from it's hiding spot and finds all the pages that mention BOB/Leland are ripped out, so it's assumed he found it and ripped them out. Later on Leland puts them inside the bathroom door in the sheriff office because he was afraid of the cops finding them when he was in custody.

The green glove is just a plot device to further the plot. It's not supposed to tell you anything about the creators of the show at all.

But seriously what's up with Cooper's pin it has to mean something.

Elephant Man > Blue Velvet > Fire Walk With Me > Lost Highway > Dune

see Inland Empire you utter nupleb

becaus he is? fucking brainlets i swear

>why would the Fireman send Coop to Judy's alt universe

He didn't. Mike did.

This isn't the lodge, you don't need to speak backwards

Are we all in agreement that the point of the Audrey scenes was to show that she was in the lodge and stuck in Judy's alternate reality that Coop ends up in? I feel like The Arm telling Coop about the story of the little girl on the hill was suppose to signify that.

>fans don't like your show
>replace them with trees

wrong. he got the glove by following his intuition, or dream. that's a central and recurring theme to Twin Peaks: receiving messages in dreams and following their clues like a detective.

Fireman appearing to someone in London also reinforces the existence of Lodge portals all over the world, and cements The Fireman's ability to influence things across space and time.

Ok
Dune < Lost Highway < Fire Walk With Me < Blue Velvet < Elephant Man

>8 hours to waste
It's more like 11.5 hours desu

Eraserhead > The Straight Story > Twin Peaks: Fire Walk with Me > Inland Empire > The Elephant Man > Blue Velvet > Mulholland Drive > Lost Highway >>>>>>>>>>>>>> Wild at Heart >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Dune

That's what I think too. She is the girl who lives down the lane she is the neighbor to Cooper trapped in a different but similar nightmare world.

>Hey guys let's pretend that this show that the writers of which were pretty much bullshitting episode to episode and doesn't have any sort of coherent plan, is actually a master work and is actually super deep and not actually as shallow as a puddle.
>Then let's just call everyone who points out these obvious faults 'brainlets' that'll do it!

out of what I've seen

Wild at Heart > Mulholland Drive > Blue Velvet > Eraserhead
I need to rewatch FWWM.

Audrey was in a coma since the bomb blast at the bank. She never left the coma. She was raped and gave birth while still in a coma.

Every scene with Audrey takes place completely within her comatose brain. Her husband who keeps asking her if she is ready to "leave the house yet" is her subconscious trying to get her to wake up.

Man, I spent all these past few days thinking about this ending. Lynch really is a genius this has never happened to me before. This is how you know you have seen kino.

Why list Eraserhead so low?