Was Phantom Menace really that bad?

Was Phantom Menace really that bad?

Will Last Jedi be any better?

Yes. Like all the prequels, it was terrible unless you were 8 when you first saw it.

Prequel apologists are also more than likely Snyder fans and unironically enjoy BvS.

Last Jedi will make a billion dollars and you faggots would do the same song and,dance where you think it will flop and then it becomes the 3rd highest grossing film again. For the second run...

And your crying will make me cum.

>Was Phantom Menace really that bad?
Yep.
>Will Last Jedi be any better?
A two hour long movie about an old and constipated Mark Hamill trying to take a shit would be more entertaining that TPM.

Yes. But the music and Ray Park as Maul are legitimately great aspects of this terrible film.

Pic uh... p- just enlarge and laugh

PREQUELS ARE KINO AND BETER THAN DISNEY TRASH FUCK YOU REDDIT FAGGOTS

they get exponentially worse with each new one imo.

there are several edits that make this film not shit. i honestly prefer phantom menace to the force awakens. yes it is garbage in many ways, but what it represents is more innocent, innovative, and charming than anything on display in Disney's interpretation of star wars.

It was a great movie and the Reddit Bedwetter Memeia bandwagon is a recent thing. Any Disney Star Wars movie is complete garbage and I have no idea why anyone would even watch these movies intended for literal children anymore.

phantom menace is good

>I'll try spinning, that's a good trick

>It's on automatic pilot!

The problem is that people went in expecting something extremely similar to the first 3 films, so they were inevitably disappointed when it tried to be its own film instead of just ripping off the OT and appealing to people's nostalgia. People had too high expectations of this film, so of course a lot of fans would end up disappointed.

phantom menace also is lucas attempting to flesh out the mythos and tell an original story compared to the shitshow that is disney star wars. fucking sucks.

Would have been pretty good without Jar Jar, with an older Anakin, without Midichlorians and none of that Anakin build C-3PO crap.

Phantom Menace gets better with age. As strange as it sounds, I enjoy watching it more than Force Awakens.

It's the best of the prequel trilogy. About as good as episode 6 I'd say.

Some of the best CGI of the prequels.

Honestly the Phantom Menace is not a bad pulpy adventure movie. It has a bunch of cool setpieces in it, beautiful locations, it's shot in a big 50's epic style, the emotional journey's understated but it's there.

It's pretty bad. Anakin's character is integrated in a pretty clumsy way, and aside from the "yep, this kid becomes Darth Vader" factor his character doesn't have a whole lot going for it.

I do like the way it painted the Jedi as a whole as wise but dangerously dogmatic and complacent, with Qui-Gon being a curious counterpoint to the failure we knew Obi-Wan would experience with Anakin. Would things have turned out differently if Qui-Gon taught and raised Anakin? The movie does manage to inspire that question, even if Qui-Gon himself could have been more fleshed out. And then you have shit like Darth Maul.

It's clumsy in ways similar to RotJ, but without that movie's thematic strengths. It's just not as entertaining and it doesn't stick.

Settle down, Kathleen. We know the force is female, ok? Could we please have a movie that's actually worth watching this time around?

lol like why? who the fuck makes this shit LOL wow.

I saw it when I was 11 years old and it's still the only Star Wars movie I have seen (saw it in theaters against my will).

7/10, there was some slow parts but I wasn't bothered by Jar Jar Binks or child Anakin like a lot of autists on the internet were/are.