Other urls found in this thread:

uproxx.com/sepinwall/twin-peaks-the-return-parts-17-18-finale-recap-review/
variety.com/2017/tv/news/twin-peaks-kyle-maclachlan-finale-1202547022/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

take the red pill:
>no set design, feels empty and lifeless
>no interesting ideas for storylines and generally bad writing
>relies on gimmicks only instead
>those are unoriginal or just bad, unfortunately ("fuck you, albert", glove, andy and lucy, coordinates, riddles, ...)
>bad acting (Bell, Lynch, Horse, Robertson, Dern, ...)
>dull characters (one-dimensional at best)
>storylines and characters are introduced for no purpose
>everything is supposed to weirdly connect and make sense
>shot in digital in a way that doesn't compensate for the technology's disadvantages (looks bad)
>roadhouse scenes (out of place, badly shot, the songs, the bands, the extras, ...)
>student-tier storytelling/editing (characters are shown walking up complete sets of stairs)
>stretched out needlessly, long takes have no particular effect
>obviously delusional and/or inexperienced fanbase perceiving it as particularly meaningful, complex or "deep"
>can't compare to the original series that doesn't have those problems (coherent/complex and beautiful sets, costumes and make-up/well shot/well acted/well written/magnificent multi-dimensional characters and character relations, music, storylines and gimmicks/creates a unique athmosphere as a result, changing the world of television forever whereas "the return" neither manages to do something established really good nor to invent something new)
>extended pitch black scenes because of a lack of a competent cinematographer
>audio issues with microphone static left unaddressed because of poor sound design
>extremely poor editing with magically disappearing extras and production staff accidentally walking into frame
>somehow the best thing in tv history

>first 50 posts always the same lol

Part 17: The ending of The Return
Part 18: Season 4 prologue

>bad Coop beating the guy with the gun in part 1
>bad Coop distracting Richard by spitting, then disarming him in part 15
>Coop(?) distracting the cowboy then disarming him in part 18
Someone please make a webm of this

Catch you with my death bag

I haven't watched the original run in awhile so bear with me. What were the owls all about? Why were they not what they seemed?

youve gone soft in your old age

penis still hard

>tfw you replaced "1st for jumping man" guy

I mean if we knew the show was coming back for sure, I'd maybe have been more okay with Part 18.

How can a piece of hair contain not just genetic makeup, but also information about the clothes the person should wear, and the haircut the doppelganger should have, and the hair product they should have in it? You'd think that there'd be some scientific basis for there needing to be genetic material, but then it goes out the window with him materializing with a suit and slicked hair. Why didn't Lynch just make him appear naked?

Episodes 17 and 18 are good episodes and individual pieces of Lynch kino, but they are not a good conclusion to The Return or Twin Peaks in general.

Episodes 1-16 are rendered utterly pointless by the Mulholland Dr.-esque ending. Except, in Mulholland Dr, the fake reality we had witnessed actually mattered, it gave us an insight into the mental state of our main character. In The Return, the ending renders everything before it null and void, nothing really mattered at all except for one or two plot threads.

Red?
Becky and Steven?
Briggs' body?

All pointless, among others.

Lynch and Frost just couldn't resist making the story about Laura again, even if it sacrificed everything they had been building.

Call me a pleb all you want, I loved the whole thing. I just think the ending wasn't satisfying, even if the finale episodes are good by themselves.

I like it better when Part 18 is the end and there is no season 4.

THIS. What kind of sci fi show IS this?

This is what happens in Season 1 until episode 17 of The Return

All the weird loose threads left over represent what Cooper could have investigated if he had stayed after the defeat of bubbleBob. The vomit kid, sick jail cell guy, the drugs, even Audrey to an extent, were all things that could be viewed as story hooks for season four. But Cooper couldn't let go of the past, he had to save Laura, and now he's trapped with no way to help the real problems of the present.

Richard/Coop after the shift is a lot like Mr. C. From emotionless sex to obtaining coordinates, he's more Mr. C than OG Dale ever was.

>tfw trying to understand JUDY tricked me into reading east asian philosophy
This whole show is just a scam to slowly redpill people into drinking coffee and joining TM

Guys:

>Ben Horne suffers a psychotic delusion, and thinks he is another person
>Wakes up, and becomes a better person

>Audrey suffers a psychotic delusion, and thinks she is another person
>Wakes up ...

She's gunna be all right lads

MILF SHERYL FANS REPORT IN

uproxx.com/sepinwall/twin-peaks-the-return-parts-17-18-finale-recap-review/
Read this if you need some rage fuel in your life. Too much TV can make you clinically retarded- this is most apparent in TV reviewers.
>the way in which the concluding sequence unfolded — both the driving sequence that put the old Black Lodge curtains scene to shame for how long it kept going and going and going, and then Cooper’s utter bafflement at meeting Alice Tremond — sucked away most of my emotional investment in the story, and made the whole thing feel like a set-up for a fourth season

This is what happens after episode 17 of The Return

>he doesn't TM

lel

Finale episodes makes the whole season even more rewatchable. Especially episodes 1-3.

she's perfect

Remainder that if you haven't seen the entirety of Lynch's filmography, you're a bandwagoner and have no place criticizing.

18 is an epilogue. There's never going to be a season 4.

why was diane a blind chink

variety.com/2017/tv/news/twin-peaks-kyle-maclachlan-finale-1202547022/

>Kyle MacLachlan interpreted Richard as a distinct character, explaining: "The way it was described to me, [Richard is] just a little harder. So it was another variation, sort of a subtle variation obviously, compared to [impaired Cooper and the doppelganger], but a subtle variation of Cooper. And so that was that last hour, watching him navigate that."

COOPER ALSO GOT REPLACED

This

Cooper's fatal flaw is that he refuses to let go of Laura, and ends up sacrificing all of reality and getting lost himself.

Is The Missing Pieces worth buying? I wanted to get the Criterion release of FWWM.

>tfw there are no teachers around me and the official site says that the only way is to actually have a real life teacher

I don't think its ever been explained. It may have implied that spirits like Bob can inhabit them.

Is Mrs. Chalfont Judy? Whose side is she on? When she told Donna that she didn't like creamed corn, was she saying she doesn't eat garmonbozia, or did she mean that she doesn't eat creamed corn because it isn't REAL garmonbozia?

I just realized Bens plot never went anywhere. Why even bother us showing that secretaries midget cripple husband? I thought Ben would fuck up and go back to his vices but nothing happened.

I'm more interested to know why she was a clown.

Depends on how bad Lynch wants to fuck Frost's new book over, which, I could see him doing with a shorter series.

Spin-off sitcom incoming

>Janey-e sees Diane having lunch with Coop and kissing him
>she gets angry and jealous, hijinx ensue
>Diane has sex with Dougie thinking it's Coop
>Sonny Jim has to choose which one to shoot because only one is his real dad

Reality gets erased

ERASERHEAD

bravo lynch

Not an argument.
>narrative paints hair as important
>logic dictates because of generic material
>it turns out to be contrived shit, like Dougie getting electrocuted somehow via the neutral socket

Just DL a torrent of it, it's got fun scenes but not really worth paying full film price for it

B T F O
T
F
O

>"Here, Laura, I'll save you from death so that you can be systematically raped by your father again"
>"Oops I accidentally the whole world"
>"You know what'll fix everything? If I take you back to your demon possessed mother that you have no memory of because you've been transformed into a completely different person"
>"What year is it?"

What did he mean by this?

You reminded me of this.

Yep his plot and Jerry's go absolutely nowhere.

Jerry witnesses Richard dying for literally no reason. It has no effect on anything or anyone.

We, the audience, know that Sarah is possessed, but Coop doesn't.

>official site
>that makes money from teachers

>says you can only use teachers

Hmmmmmmm

>>
There's no proof Tulpa Diane wasn't lying about Janey-E being her sister.

Cooper here looks like he's wearing a skirt. And his chest looks big, too

>Jiao De Ching
In Tao the only motion is returning.
The only useful quality, weakness.
For though all creatures under heaven are the products of Being,
Being itself is the product of Not-being.

Lynch doesn't care nearly as much about Twin Peaks as Frost does. Lynch only really came back because of the 25 years later line, which he thought was pretty cool. He just wanted to make some new shit and Twin Peaks just happened to coincide.

i hope there is a season 4. they haven't exactly closed off all potential for it.
if there's not the ending, such as it is, is extremely bleak and existential

where are you guys getting this alternate reality shit from

it feels like a giant leap in logic to assume that the timeline was erased or something like that

Cooper is a literal retard who did EVERYTHING wrong

I unironically think Mr. C was the protagonist of The Return, I was sad to see him go

THICC
H
I
C
C

why was there a dead dude on her couch

I've only seen FWWM and I'm a huge fan of Lynch's work

fight me

Has anyone else screencapped some of the good posts/thoughts from /tpg/

He got mouthy

>A drunk octopus wants to fight
What did Lynch (he has a writing credit on Out of Sand, its been confirmed) mean by this?

>variation
>replaced

You don't understand how words work

>he doesn't have a dead dude on his couch
millenials.

>I'm a huge fan of Lynch's work
>I've only seen FWWM
Pick one, you goddamn pleb. You're literally a bandwagoner, just hopping on the Twin Peaks hype.

>michael horse
>bad acting

i know its bait but that part still makes me mad wtf

So in account of the events of ep18 they never met and therefore never formed a friendship, right? Harry came into existence in a new reality with a new name and identity and no recollection of Coop having ever existed.

They were never bros? ;_;

How would she know who Janey-e is, let alone who her Husband is.

The tulpa is created with the memories of the person created, therefore Diane has memories of her sister.

Nothing personal, Michael. Also, it's not bait.

>watched twin peaks when it aired
>haven't watched any of Lynch's other works
>guess I'm a bandwagoner somehow

I picked both, pay attention.

I bet I know more about the plots and narratives of his movies more than you.

Unless Mr. C told her to tell the FBI that Janey-E was her sister.

Yep

This. This. This. This. This. This. This. This. This. This. This. This. This. This. This.

Literally none of the plots go anywhere. It's all just pointless padding.

>Shelley and her kid, story just dropped
>Audrey, pointless
>Red, story just dropped
>Jerry, pointless
>Richard Horne, one of the new characters that got the most screen time, ends up being completely pointless
>Beverly Paige and her husband, just dropped
>all the scenes people spend looking Cooper, pointless because Dougie just electrocutes himself wakes up
>Tammy, completely pointless character
>one one nine girl, dropped

This. Lynch always said he wanted to make more mysteries than answers. The lodge stuff wasn't really mysterious or crazy anymore so he had to up the ante with the finale.

If we get another season or movie we won't get any "answers" for the finale. Just like FWWM.

Why did they bring back aubrey if they're not going to do shit with her storyline

I'm still struggling to cope with this whole thing desu

Mr. c killed Dougie amd replaced him with a tulpa right?

Evil Cooper knows who Janey-E is.

TAMMY, I WANT YOU TO MEET RUTH DAVENPORT, SHE WORKED WITH BILL ON THE BLUE ROSE CASE

How can we get David Lynch to direct Star Wars Episode 9

>"I'm a huge fan of Lynch's work"
>hasn't watched any of lynch's films since despite it being 28 years
Yeah, my ass you watched Twin Peaks in its original run, you lying, sniveling bandwagoner.

I'm rewatching and starting to believe you're right.

He's DALE COOPER now, not Dale Cooper, and his vessel that he is inhabiting (the way MIKE inhabits Phillip Gerard) is Richard.

get laura dern in the cast

I feel like a lot of the stuff in there was just to show how Twin Peaks, and the people in it, had grown and changed over the years. Ben didn't have any plot relevance beyond giving Frank Cooper's key, and maybe the humming in the Great Northern too, but I don't know what that was all about, but he just had those scenes to show that he had grown up into a much more decent guy, and that's all there was to it, and I was fine with just seeing how some of these characters had changed overtime even if there wasn't much more to it. Don't know why the secretary had a crippled husband though.

So there's just one timeline?

what was this scene about? if at this point he was still convinced that his plan to save laura would work why is there such dread and hopelessness on his across face?

she probably fucked him and killed him, Carrie Page is one bad dude

I watched TP a few years ago, before a revival was announced. I then watched FWWM, and film analysis about Lynch and his films.

I also have seen a lot of his paintings, music, and short films. I can promise I'm a bigger fan than you, and you probably jumped on a bandwagon yourself, which would explain your intense specific hatred for it.

Oh ye? Here's a picture of my face to prove my age you cuck

>Don't know why the secretary had a crippled husband though
What? This is the most important character in the show! The existence of his plotline is paramount- Oh...

he also has garmonbozia, on his stomach

Characters CONFIRMED to be reality/dimension/time breakers:

>Jeffries
>MIKE
>BOB
>Cooper
>Leland
>Laura
>Major Briggs
>The Fireman
>Judy
>Jumping man
>Annie
>Ms. Tremond
>Diane

Characters that could be:
>Sarah
>Audrey

Would the Finale have been better if Laura Palmer came back as a boy instead of as a Texan?

As the other user said, in terms of the plot, he exists solely to give Truman the key to room 315.*

Which is technically more plot-moving than all of Tammy, Gordon, and Albert.

*which uh, I think Dale could have just gone over and gotten normally?

It's so OP can add controversy and bait to this cringe of a general.

tfw cooper goes back to save laura so she can be in better movies and tv shows like she deserves