Meanwhile:

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=jfhoPzfJ9Bc
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

take the red pill:
>no set design, feels empty and lifeless
>no interesting ideas for storylines and generally bad writing
>relies on gimmicks only instead
>those are unoriginal or just bad, unfortunately ("fuck you, albert", glove, andy and lucy, coordinates, riddles, ...)
>bad acting (Bell, Lynch, Horse, Robertson, Dern, ...)
>dull characters (one-dimensional at best)
>storylines and characters are introduced for no purpose
>everything is supposed to weirdly connect and make sense
>shot in digital in a way that doesn't compensate for the technology's disadvantages (looks bad)
>roadhouse scenes (out of place, badly shot, the songs, the bands, the extras, ...)
>student-tier storytelling/editing (characters are shown walking up complete sets of stairs)
>stretched out needlessly, long takes have no particular effect
>obviously delusional and/or inexperienced fanbase perceiving it as particularly meaningful, complex or "deep"
>can't compare to the original series that doesn't have those problems (coherent/complex and beautiful sets, costumes and make-up/well shot/well acted/well written/magnificent multi-dimensional characters and character relations, music, storylines and gimmicks/creates a unique athmosphere as a result, changing the world of television forever whereas "the return" neither manages to do something established really good nor to invent something new)
>extended pitch black scenes because of a lack of a competent cinematographer
>audio issues with microphone static left unaddressed because of poor sound design
>extremely poor editing with magically disappearing extras and production staff accidentally walking into frame
>somehow the best thing in tv history

croatia leaked season 4, real

swallow it

Thready reminder that there will be no season 4.

Guys what if the Bob sphere shattered into many fragments of Bob like Manus in Dark Souls? is it possible?

Look at how fantastic the original film looks; it's charming, and has plenty of depth. Then the next, they have to filter and crop it to match the cancer 16:9 digital, and it loses any original semblance and looks terrible - even the clouds are muddled to nothing! But then the digital itself looks even worst, like spew. Defend this.

Reminder that due to the events of episode 18 they never met and therefore never formed a friendship. Harry likely came into existence in a new reality with a new name and identity and with no recollection of Coop having ever existed.

They were never bros ;_;

What happened to Laura's mom?

>he can't take the superior digital aesthetic
I bet you think Inland Empire is the worst film of all time

harry doesnt even exit

>everything wrapped up in a novel because thered never be enough money for the visuals to do it right on film
Im okay

The Return manages to accomplish one thing: the absolute dread of realizing your past is behind you. You are not the same as you were when you were younger. People get cancer. There's a new sheriff in town. The younger generation is taking over. You're going to get dementia and no one will care. Laura Palmer is literally not Laura Palmer anymore.

The waking world is always but a dream when the REAL world of the lodges, The Zone, and more are the constant. Time is meaningless, and events themselves are but a figment, like a dream. They get rewritten by those with access to the higher dimensions, those who can interfere with the "timeline" as it were. They were all but a dream.

If Gordon Cole can remember the unofficial story (and has likely spoke to Jeffries, knows his fate) then he has also accessed these higher dimensions like Cooper and Laura and therefore his earpieces have always been key.

Guys what if we're all actually in a dream?

Digital a shit

The overexposed look was a conscious decision I'm pretty sure. The top image is the same exact digital transfer, without the weird color grading.

Threadly reminder that Eddie Vedder confirmed he will direct season 4 of Twin Peaks

Top - natural world
Bottom - fabricated (digital) altered world

>superior
>when it looks worst than 30 year old film
"Digital" is cancer - it exists solely because it's cheap and convenient, which again adds to its cheapness to shoot on. Even the best current day digital looks worst than 16mm film transfers from film shot 60 years ago - an embarrassment. You must be a millenial twerp to think otherwise.

How would you feel if we never get a new season and get a Dougie spinoff instead?

I've just been Lynched. How will I ever recover after being a hater of Twin Peaks for so long?

My season ranking 3 > > > > > 1 >>,fwwm

THICC LIL MAMA

Mrs. Tremond be casting the "wake up" spell on Laura since she got listen-to-the-soundsed hard and became Carrie Paige in the altered reality, having lost the first 17+ years of her life to Judy's hex presumably. A new "dream", a new reality because of time interference. Twin Peaks is as it would have been had Laura phased out and Leo and Jacques got in a fight over Ronette.

>tfw thought it was "one chance house between two worlds" for years and it's actually "one chants out"

Well?

>tfw I genuinely though every little bit of Parts 1-16 were 10/10

>tfw 17 and 18 completely ruined them

I'm okay with the events in episode 18 themselves. It's the way that so much of what we saw this season was rendered irrelevant.

My biggest issue, though, is why couldn't we have seen Freddy's story?! With all the other scenes we had outside of Twin Peaks, how hard could it have been to introduce us to Freddy, a VERY important and central character, earlier on? Having him just explain his entire story in a monologue fairly close to the end removed all weight and suspense. That's THE one thing I simply can't come up with an excuse for. Unless it's some ironic rip on modern storytelling or anime.

>people LITERALLY wanted an ending where all the characters come together and have a party or something

Have you even SEEN Twin Peaks? Do you remember how season 2 ended?

you'd be right if you said that 7 years ago

Arri Alexa beats film

How can 2 hours of things you didn't like ruin 16 hours of things you enjoyed, you fucking idiot?

I'll never understand copypasta-ers.

i feel so bad for dale. he's seems so sad she doesn't know who laura is :(

People like you reply to them and give them attention which is why they do it thread after thread

I was hoping that was the ending with the expectation of season 3, and this time he would know this would be the end so he would have wrapped it up a little nicer. I'm not going to make that mistake again. I know if there ever is a Season 4 or anything similar, it will answer one question and raise 3 more.

Kek bit uncalled for

This scene is a lot creepier in retrospect.

youtube.com/watch?v=jfhoPzfJ9Bc

why is no one discussing this scene? it's absolutely fucking chilling and i have no idea what it means.

Freddy was perfect. A total punch in the face to people who wanted some big showdown with Evil Coop. I'm glad it was some nobody character, and not even the final episode. Lynch knows what he's doing.

How was anything rendered irrelevant by part 18?

Wow thanks captain obvious. Sup Forums has the most horrible kind of people.

I honestly think most people are not upset with the actual ending, but that they had to sit through some painfully long takes to get there.

People loved episode 8. It made no sense, but it was incredibly entertaining.

If episode 18 had cut the sex scene and driving in silence scenes in half, and replaced it with fucked up Audrey white room shit and crazy log shenanigans, all culminating in Cooper asking what year it is, it'd be pretty universally hailed as a masterpiece.

based hawk hater

VERY interesting, what could it mean??

Lynch connection to eraserhead maybe?

>childhood is respecting David Lynch
>adulthood is realizing Michael J. Anderson makes more sense

see

Why do directors like Nolan, Tarantino, etc claim otherwise?

>Cooper could have accepted that Carrie Page wasn't Laura Palmer and settled down with her, like he said he wanted to settle down and make love to a beautiful woman in S2 when he thought he was dying
>instead he couldn't let go and pushed Laura even farther away from himself

>tfw we will never again have the ultimate comfy that was the first two seasons
Call me reddit all you like but it still hurts

autism

so we all agree that Trent Reznor is the dreamer, right?

Go back

lol

Then why did you reply to him? And why did you ask the question? You don't seem much better than the people you're so above

I had a dream last night where I was masturbating. A voice of someone I don't know but recognised immediately anyway somehow told me that I should not worry since he was aware of it all, of everything. Then I woke up and I was masturbating. The switch from dream to reality happened so smoothly that if it weren't for the fact that everything is clear and not vague, I'd be willing to believe that I was still dreaming
If I really am the dreamer, what does all this then mean?

he was singing about sarah palmer in episode 8, right?

I liked how drawn out the last episode was. Since you know it's the finale, you keep screaming at the TV about why they're still driving. It makes it more intense. Then it sort of leaves you stranded, beautifully done

It's my own pasta, am I not allowed to repost if my opinions still hold true?

Just kill yourself already you insufferable nerd

You should hang this on your balls

Die.

This is existentialism 101.

in every thread?

>Agent Cooper will never get to go around Twin Peaks solving mysteries with his old pal Harry all while making time for the occasional cup of coffee and pie
>instead he is possibly forever trapped in some alternate nightmare reality where nothing is how he remembers it
oh god

>Lynch wanted to keep the murder mistery going in the original show becaude he felt it was the key that opened up the doors to twin peaks to go and meet all the characters and their stories
>Season 3 ends on an unsolved puzzle box but you are basically called an idiot and slapped in the face if you cared about the characters and their stories
I don't get it, is Lynch spiteful thowards the audience or the old producers who forced him to reveal the murder, and wanted to show them what it could have been before taking it away? Because he's always been vocal about how the murder of Laura wasn't meant to be solved because it was the gateway to all these other stories, not just for its own sake. While season 3 ends on an unsolved mistery, but it isn't gateway to anything, in fact all the characters lives are rewritten and what we've seen of them is rendered meaningless

>the adventures of Dougie Jones
>not maximum comfy

I've only posted 3 times, I'm the latter not the former. Check the archives. Why are you retard grouping me in with the spammer?

What do you get out of spamming it in every thread? How is that fun or productive to you?

What the FUCK was her problem?

So you manage to get the first post in every thread, all day, every day? Do you sleep? You sound like an autistic neet who's fueled by shitposting.

Why are you so upset at my response when you fell for the copypaster's bait?

Because some random guy we are only told about ends up being the chosen one to kill the main villain of the series.

I understood and liked all the Cooper/Laura stuff in those two episodes. But the fact is that all of the Audrey/Billy or Red/Shelly stuff had zero bearing on Lynch's plan. Why include it? Honestly, if he had kept this at 9 hours like originally planned, he'd have his perfect FWWM followup and people could have just as few answers without being pissed off.

Qts don't deserve such cruel treatment.

Fuck you Lynch.

I knew the hobo house was the same house from FWWM

Ignore them, these redditors didn't complain about vapid cuteposting, david lunch, and other mindless memes

Apparently only pasta that tries to raise points of discussion is bad because they are zealots unable of critical thinking

Explain this.

See I posted this and somehow I'm grouped in with the spammer?

mostly because of sentimentality rather than pragmatic/aesthetic reasons

film DOES look different than digital, but most of those differences are actually imperfections - e.g. grain, dust, artifacts, poor performance in low light, slightly weaker dynamic range, unrealistic color rendition.

some people may prefer those imperfections, just like people prefer the imperfections of vinyl, but digital at this point is objectively superior from a measurable standpoint. And I think, depending on the desired aesthetic obviously, it usually looks better.

interestingly though there are only two digital cameras I'd consider worthwhile. Arri Alexa and Varicam S35. DSLRs aren't good enough, RED isn't good enough, phones certainly aren't good enough. So it's still an expensive medium.

David Lunch is a fucking classic, you Pledditor.

What is Mrs. Tremond exactly?

There's no points being made, the spammer/you never responds to anything. How is that a discussion?

I hate all memes. This place never actually discusses anything.

Jared, you madman!

It's not your own pasta and you didn't even post it in this thread. If anything you made minor additions (audio, crew filmed).

LUNCHED

What did Lynch do to all these people?

No one is dreaming, Coop just discovered that the black lodge/white lodge magic wasn't as powerful as he thought it was. There is some other force that really controls things which is preventing him from going too far and intervening in history. Read about it in my book when it comes out

>not liking cute pictures of Sheryl Lee
>not liking hilarious puns of Lynch's name

Yeah head on back to Rddit.net buddy

Wait, why is she upset?

i like this.

Lynch sucks out essence

>cuteposting
>vapid
you've never been dedicated to a woman like cuteposter was tbqh
I've got his back fuck off

The ventriloquist puppet is right.

But we had the proof since the episode where Shaggy's head exploded. But if black lodge is curtains, what is house / woods? "Convenience store old gas station"? Jeffries is within the tree-halls, by the motel (or in it). But he's in White Lodge gear. If house is black lodge, why then Jeffries in it? Why woodsmen in it if they assist Mr. C and BOB? And Judy?

Did the Woodsmen take over after the nuke but somehow this didn't affect them during FWWM?

She probably wanted more screen time.

Sheryl Lee is a gorgeous woman in all aspects and also a very talented actress!

WHY IS /TPG/ SO BAD AT IGNORING BAIT POSTS AND SPAMMERS

JUST STOP GIVING THEM ATTENTION IF YOU WANT THEM TO STOP

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

fuckin kek

David Lynch is a pseudo intellectual like all of you smug reddit crossposters.

The Return has easily the worst plot of all television shows, it can't even manage to do the profundity it craves right. A load of shit.

>Cooper goes into the lodge to save Annie, literally sacrifices his soul for her
>finally comes out of the lodge
>doesn't even ask about her, suddenly madly in love with his secretary

Was this ever explained? Is this just something we're pretending didn't happen, like Windom Earle? Have I been Lynched?

where is cuteposter?