Why are millennials so poor?

Why are millennials so poor? How come so many millennials are working in shitty dead end jobs like Starbucks? Why don't they get jobs in engineering or space engineering? or military weapons technology engineering ?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=-HFwok9SlQQ
reddit.com/r/lostgeneration/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Because they're under 30. The 55 year old lead engineers didn't have those positions when they were 20-something either.

High skill immigrants take at least 40%. The rest the boomers or gen X still hold. The few millennials that take jobs like that are statistically negligible.

Full-time jobs took a hit due to companies not wanting to pay employees full-time benefits. Now we have people working 2-3 part time jobs until they are 30 or something when they get a full-time job and start their career.

Too much effort for too little music.

this desu

cheaper to import h1-b than hire a native born

Maybe because they have no people skills, are entitled, and look like shit with body piercings and knuckle tattoos.

Well they weren't working at Starbucks either

Because they realize it all has the same outcome. So why not live a menial life and have no stress and have fun? We all end up in the ground either way, you can't take your money with you.

No shit, there was no Starbucks then

Fiat Currency and inflation
Wages have been stagnant for 18 years.
It is harder on Millennials because of the cost of living and pressure from B1B visas etc.

High risk, low reward scenarios.

Humans are incentive based creatures, and when it's laid out on the table pretty flatly that you can work your ass off for years and still get passed over because you're not the right type of minority, be fired for innocuous comments around the office, dealing with even things like research and design being either outsourced to other countries or eaten up by H1B visas most people I've known have opted out to make less money, but still be fully able to support themselves. A task that is significantly easier to accomplish now that so many people either don't have families or half half or less as many kids as they did 50 years ago.

Cost benefit analysis 101.

>This meme.

as long as you weren't dumb enough to get a face tattoo no one is going to see it at a respectable job where you wear button down shirts

I'm not necessarily saying high skill immigration is a bad thing, it is simply one of the main causes.

>entitled
This meme needs to end. The older generations in this country are one of the most entitled generations ever. Pensions, retirement, medicare, medicaid, social security, you name it. ALL OF THEM HAVE SOMETHING and still have the audacity to turn around and call use entitled. Some of them have all these things in addition to military or teacher benefits or something else. They had it easy as hell and still do.

How much money do you got in the bank Sup Forums?

9k, If I deposit my checks 12k.

Because old people haven't died off fast enough to create openings. I'll have zero sympathy when there is a massive skill gap in like a decade.

Feminism. Seriously.

One of the biggest motivators for young men to change their behavior is sex. A guy moves out of his parent's home, gets a good job, and keeps his looks up in hopes of landing some nice girl, But what happens when you don't need to do that stuff to get laid anymore? What motivates that young man to really strive for more? A lot of guys are fine with the typical "bachelor" life. It's the women who usually aren't. But now you can just set up a "casual encounter" from your smartphone, meet the lady, fuck and have her leave. No need to buy her anything, woo her or win over her heart.

I'm in my mid-30s and still never got a job in my life, aside from grocery stuff in high school. No point working, stress is for the masses. I workout like 5x a week and do chores for my landlord in exchange for a free room and board. Life is good when you have no worries.

>landlord
Funny way of spelling mommy you gigantic faggot lol

I moved out of my mommy's house when I graduated high school. It's not that I don't have a strong work ethic -- I do. I just don't think it would be rewarded at a gig that takes up most of my day.

>Why don't they get jobs in engineering or space engineering? or military weapons technology engineering ?
Who is going to give me a job like this? You?

These jobs don't even go to native born Americans, they usually go to foreigners, affirmative action women, and minorities.

We have an older generation, the Baby Boomers, who believe they have no obligation to train their younger generation to do a job and refuse to hire them without years of previous experience and higher level education.

I believe a lot of people straight out of high school and with "less than useful" degrees can be re-trained and be very successful. If the Boomer generation was willing to work with them and train them.

A decade, hahaha good one.

Boeing is shitting themselves looking for machinists because all their senior machinist are going to retire in 2 years or less. Boeing's solution; dumb everything down so gooks fresh off the boat can flip through a picture book and set shit up. Only problem is they know what to do but not why they're doing it, then they fuck shit up trying to troubleshoot a machine they know nothing about.

And the best part? They're going to work there for thirty years dumping money in to the boomers pensions until they die and they'll only get a fraction of what the boomers get.

Nope cause that cost money.
What pisses me off the most as an engineer is the fact that they for us to go through an ethics course only to have them go against the same ethics they taught us.

It's maddening to constantly be forced into a rule book that they never followed, with requirements they never needed.

>We have an older generation, the Baby Boomers, who believe they have no obligation to train their younger generation to do a job and refuse to hire them without years of previous experience and higher level education.
I cant blame them try working with a 20+ year old and you'll want to beat your brains in. Millennials take everything personally and have zero foresight. Why deal with that when Jose from Mexico can do the job 20 times better with half the bullshit.

Maybe 5k. Bank accounts give you nothing.

100kish in various brokerage accounts.

The Globalists and Boomers are very quick to complain to the government bout "skills gap, skills shortage, education shortage."

Well duh. If you refuse to train anyone for a job, that's what happens. Education comes from the older generation training the younger generation, that's how it worked in the entire history of humanity.

The boomers and globalists have this idea that colleges are for training employees to be As Obama says "work ready on day 1." The problem is that college professors have never even agreed to this idea.

What kind of Engineer are you?

>errbody shud b rocket scientists

Do you hear how dumb you sound?

This coupled with job requirements being way too demanding.

Thats a pretty sweet setup you got there, how did you come about acquiring it?

>The boomers and globalists have this idea that colleges are for training employees to be As Obama says "work ready on day 1." The problem is that college professors have never even agreed to this idea.
ding ding ding.
So much this.
Nobody from our generation want to work there way up and learn. They want to start at the top because they got a degree. These guys who get them are also totally fucking useless, 90% of the time people who never went to school and worked their way up are better off with the job than the millennial who is fresh out of school.

All you 130+s wanna do my english paper for me?

>A lot of guys are fine with the typical "bachelor" life.

Fucking this. I live in a small home and drive a 2006 car and I am happy. I have no stress and I make it fine. m=My girlfriend keeps telling me I should strive to earn more to drive new cars and buy a bigger house and I ask her why and she said its what I need to be happy. I told her why we all end up in the same place 6 feet under and I am happy and being happy is being successful to me. She said well being happy to me is haing nice things to show off. So I said then go be happy with someone else then.

Gonna officially leave her tonight. Cant take no more.

Because we have evolved beyond being a wagecuck. I'm a NEET and every time I go outside my apartment I get an erection upon seeing some black dude cleaning the stairs of the building or pushing the garbage cart at the supermarket or being a cashier at the checkout or driving the bus or whatever. Those niggers are working their asses of in those menial, sub-human jobs just so they could fund my life with their taxes. It's basically slavery 2.0. I don't have to lift one finger and I still live better than the nignog dindus who work +40 hours a week.

Really makes one ponder with his or her synapses having orgasms in rapid succession.

Because millennials are by far the shittiest generation of all time.

Mechanical sadly working on a manufacturing engineer associates that I only need a couple courses to get.

If you ever design a set of mechanical drawings please take a look at the other trades before you put it all down on paper, to make sure it actually is possible. Judging by experience that's something they must not teach you guys in school.
t.Superintendent

I agree with this assessment of older generations.

If there is anyone to blame for the shit we are in and the sjws and brony faggotry that is running rampant, it's the hippie faggot baby boomer generations

Good, she sounds like a materialistic cunt. She deserves a rape baby.

>Nobody from our generation want to work there way up and learn.
That's not true.

There is no "work your way up from the bottom." Because entry level jobs often require 5 years of experience and a college diploma. The Boomers and globalists are the ones who don't want to train someone fresh out of high school and expect college professors to do it for them.

They would rather just complain to the government for more H1B visas and more higher education spending than ever be willing to spend the time and effort training someone straight out of high-school.

I'd like to hear more about this if you don't mind?

youtube.com/watch?v=-HFwok9SlQQ

Reminder that generations don't exist, you fucking retards.

Nothing more to it. She wants me to provide her with an over the top lifestyle and I am content with what I got.

So I will move on and pursue my happiness which I already have got and she can be free to try and find hers.

Usually how break ups go.

This to a lesser degree is correct. You'll be hard pressed finding a job offered anywhere that is actually looking for inexperienced workers to train up.

Earlier in the year when I was looking for a new job everything was "Must have experience in" and similar phrases. Companies are used to just snatching employees from one another, instead of training them up. I did notice the odd place offering to train people up, but it was mainly construction and in particular setting up/securing scaffolding.

Craigslist. Lots of the gigs I do for money (brand ambassador stuff, focus groups, studies, panels, advertising, mascoting, modeling, tutoring, moving/labor) I just get off Craigslist. I wouldn't call those jobs per se, since they are fun and I never have to do the same one twice. Plus focus groups are great and keep me creative with bullshittery, disguises and fake IDs. It's almost like being in college!

The software industry seems to employ people regardless of higher education - I know someone who's working in security without ever going to uni because he upskilled in his own time.

Then again this is Australia so I don't know what it's like in the USA

I've done machining before and have extensive wood working experience (thanks dad). I know you have to understand the manufacturing processes before expecting a machinist to make it. Because some shit just can't be made on fucking machine no matter how fucking much you want it to.

I started as a laborer, showed people how smart I was by working hard and taking any opportunity I could get. Worked my way up as a carpenter through an appreticeship I got through working as a laborer and making friends with all the tradesmen and now I'm a Project Engineer/Superintendent. I know about a dozen people with the same exact story.
Guess what the requirements are for a laborer?
You need two legs, two arms, and the ability to show up to work. Hell I was talking to a foreman the other day who said he was hiring apprentices, the only requirement was that they "don't do drugs on the job and show up on time."

All I can get is entry level shit.

So, it's minimalism for me.

>be 25 and live with parents
>break down my budget
>realize I need at least $25k per year to be able to live with a roommate
>no jobs I'm eligible for offering that
>quitting 20k job with no mobility for a 20k job with possible mobility
>hoping in a few years I'll be making 25k at it even though cost of living will have risen by then
How the fuck do I make enough to be independent?

>be 18
>you: hmm what SHOULD I BE!
>you: what about teaching?
>turns out that the boomers hang on for dear life when they get a position till they die at the age of 75-80

>you: well what about fireman/policeman, those jobs are good arent they?
>due to hiring of minorities/equality qoutas you hav a snowballs chance of getting hired, and if you do the minorities have higher chances of getting prioritized for promotions

>you: FUCK IT! ill go to university!
>so will millions of other people, for the same job, that once again boomers wont let go of before they die. Also outsourcing eliminates the need for alot of university grad jobs

>You: FUCK! ill go in the trades!
>economy is in the shitter, and the trades are now hiring less apprentices. Also do to the "good ol boy network" if you dont know someone in that certain trade you want into good luck getting hired

Job= money ----> no job = no money

I think there should be a law passes after 20 years of working one job you are forcefully retired UNLESS you can PROVE that there is no one else waiting on your job. Which might happen in 1 in 1,000,000 jobs or if you own a business

i went the trade route. Laid off

Oldest millennials are 36

you dont like $10/hr dishwashing jobs requiring 3 years experience and a degree?

Never change finland

Tell me more, senpai. I'm currently a shift supervisor at some place making 16/hr but I want more out of life.

Never had me one of them dads, so I only very recently (after joining my state's national guard) learned about the satisfaction of working with your hands (joined as mechanic).

I won't lie, I'm pretty sheltered so some stuff isn't going to make sense to me, like "go out and look," or "just ask around." But I don't mind hard work. I'm just tired of working with women and only having a pittance left to me after covering cost of living.

Rant/story time
Some info
>move into apartment with fiance and our daughter
>$900 2 bed including utilities
>pay it easily
>by our own groceries
>have never asked for help
>I work, gf stay at home mom cooks cleans etc
Living the life

>fiances best friend of ten years moves into apartment in front of ours
>fiances bestfriend has a job, her bf has a job
>they both make what I make combined
>their first month they pay bills and groceries fine
>second month hits, can't afford rent or groceries
>her parents pay their bills, buy their food
>third month hits, her bf loses his job
>I tell him to apply to mine, give good recommendation
>gets job
>fourth month still can't afford rent or groceries
>her bf wants to quit new job because it started him off at only 15 an hour, but refuses to stay late or take over time
>my fiance goes over to help them budget
>after doing the math of bills, dates they're due etc they should be bringing over at least $700 into the next month every month (aka $700 left over)
>they still can't stop spending
>don't follow budget plan
>parents still buying their groceries

They're never gonna make it

What more do you want to know I'll tell you anything?

Are they really? This is some nightly news meme but everyone I know is basically doing alright or pretty well.

>$900 2 bedroom

Jesus fuck, even my loft cost me almost $800 a month. Where do you live?

>foreman says that
>then goes on to hire 20 mexicans and a few flips

i know your story well. You cry that you need help. But you dont want WHITE HELP

NO, you want someone who will break their backs for you and not cry afoul with safety

you want someone who wont say no to unsafe work practises

you want someone who will always say "yes, i can do that" even if they arent trained for that work and could possible injure/kill themselves

you want someone that wont FIGHT BACK against unjust firing practises cause you can easily let the immigration department know about some bogus violation of the immigrants HB1 work visa; cant do that to a natural born citizen

you want a legal slave.

Because they majored in gender studies and coffee brewing. Choose shit major, get shit job. Choose good major, get less shitty job with opportunities to move up

Lakewood, Wa
Also known as chocolate city
We live close to base. Chose this place because the community is awesome and with how cheap it is, most of our money goes into savings.

Apt is $785 for 2 bed, but after water and power its about $883 mo

N E P O T I S M

E

P

O

T

I

S

M

>How come so many millennials are working in shitty dead end jobs like Starbucks?

Because they would rather get minimum wage doing that easy shit than work construction or some sort of other manual labor that will pay significantly more and look better on a resume. Sure, construction is shitty work but I'll never have to pay anybody to fix anything on my house until I'm an old fuck who can no longer do it myself. I don't want to do it forever obviously but your 20s is a great time to bust your ass with seriously hard work so you know just how bad it can be.

Fucking Steve-o makes me chuckle every damn time.

Classic meme friend.

Where to go/what to do I guess. I have no clue how to even apply at "construction," Google surprisingly doesn't turn anything up but meme universities offering 2 year "foreman degrees" or something.

Are there listings anywhere?

>NO, you want someone who will break their backs for you and not cry afoul with safety
>you want someone who wont say no to unsafe work practises
>you want someone who will always say "yes, i can do that" even if they arent trained for that work and could possible injure/kill themselves
>you want someone that wont FIGHT BACK against unjust firing practises cause you can easily let the immigration department know about some bogus violation of the immigrants HB1 work visa; cant do that to a natural born citizen
I'll bite, while this practice does occur in my Industry. Most companies that aren't some shitty mom and pop, cannot, and will not get away with that kind of stuff. We hire Mexicans because they're the few people who still believe the trades are a honorable profession to have and will bend over backwards just to be a tradesmen. Very few whites will take a non-union job because they have lower pay, but when your from Mexico and you make a pennys a day doing construction, 25/hour doesn't see half bad as a carpenter. We hire all types of people, just not lazy entitled ones that you'll typically find in Unions. Mexicans happen to be neither lazy or entitled, so it's no surprise that they dominate the construction industry.

What kind of psyop is this?

I think I'll do this once I quit my current job. Doing random shit off craigslist for a few months sounds fun.

>(((college Humor)))

i think you confused millenials with mexicans

Always blew my mind when I worked at my old factory job that the Mexicans seemingly never wanted to go home. They laughed, sang songs and had fun all day while working but still got a lot of shit done. Only the white guys would ever complain about their job(me included) or whine about wanting to go home. Its just a different attitude toward work I guess. That place was a fucking dump though.

Trickle down economics destroying the middle class and turning everyone into lower class. Thanks Reagan.

not smart enough for any of that.

next level autism, that's what

I'll warn you, this isn't a lifestyle for everyone. Most people are quite pampered and work hard to support their expensive lifestyles and needs. I'm basically a pauper, but I have a really conservative lifestyle and don't throw around a bunch of money. Also it depends where you live. I'm in the DC area where gigs are plenty. There are also TONS on the west coast, especially L.A., probably the capital of market research. But yeah if you have a decent bankroll from your job then I say go for it. Living on a tight budget is truly humbling and helps put your priorities in order.

this. boomers are hypocrites and need to be purged. We are literally going to go bankrupt as a society trying to drag their dead weight.

So many white men whining about how hard life is for them...Wtf. You guys hate niggers and complain more than them. Massa don't gib is no jabs...da negras n messicans tuk em all....JUST. Claim superiority yet exhibit qualities of inferiority...inderdesting.

Everyone likes to bitch.

Sub-reddit related: reddit.com/r/lostgeneration/

dude...how long do you think that can last? If that falls through your totally fucked for the future.

Why are millennials so fucking dumb?

>HUUUUUR DUUUUR IM GENDER FLUID

>HUUUUUR DUUUUR IM A FURRYKIN

>HUUUUUR DUUUUR IM A FEMINIST

>HUUUUUR DUUUUR NIGGER LIVES MATTER

Gen-Y here, millennials are dumb as shit. No wonder bosses will only hire Gen-X-Y and keep on Baby Boomer engineers.

I don't really have a 5-year plan, but I started this in my 20s and haven't looked back. The only way I'm getting a day job is if I get sick or injured and need the health insurance. Though I know there are several companies that pay health benefits to part time employees, which I'd be down for if push came to shove.

I could go the rest of my life living like this, but for people who are used to greener pastures, it probably seems really risky. As it should, which is why I don't recommend this lifestyle without great precaution. You have to be willing to sacrifice a lot.

do you ever get laid?

>tfw shorting BA

>THIS

Working for a roofing company at $30 an hour, decent coworkers and laborers. although anyone on salary at my work is either cousin, brother, or son to the owner.

I love Stevethreads

probably had something to do with the way they got raised, participation trophies and all that.

The only way to redirect that materialism in women is to impregnate them and have them focus on the child.

I doubt that's a good idea with that girl though.

Married, have around 50k combined.

There's two people with an engineering degree at my Walmart. Here in Canada nepotism is king.

I'm posting on Sup Forums so...

millennial is just another name for gen y you dumb faggot.

Immigrants really are an issue for recent college grads trying to find work in engineering/analytics/research/etc.

I'm 26 and have a solid job in analytics that pays close to six figures and I'm one of 2 white people on a team of 5. There are tons of people in our department from China and India, and to a lesser extend the Middle East and Eastern Europe. Fortune 500 companies can find a shit ton of qualified people coming from India. The Brahmin caste is hurt by affirmative action in India, the good jobs in India have quotas promoting hiring the lower caste over the Brahmins, and consequently the Brahmins are forced to emigrate to the U.S. and Western Europe to find good jobs. This supplies a steady stream of qualified workers that double as good workers and fillers of corporate diversity quotas.

>She said well being happy to me is haing nice things to show off.

Fucking dump her user and stop being dependant on the vaginal jew.
I think you know very well that this is going to end in chaos if you don't break up with that snake.

Not to mention with old people not retiring, there are less replacement positions

Millennials are also being shut out of networking and the jumping through social hoops to get ahead in a career