Why the fuck was Sinestro in either Grodd or Lex's legion? By all accounts he should be multiple levels above them...

Why the fuck was Sinestro in either Grodd or Lex's legion? By all accounts he should be multiple levels above them. Why the fuck is he sitting in a swamp heisting Euros? I don't think the weaponers of qward are going to take that particular denomination.

I hate Sinestrofags.

Sinestro was kind of wasted in the DCU. In fact, most of GL's rogues were.

Pre-Johns Sinestro wasn't in a good place

He was pretty dead

I mean i guess if he wanted a group to take down green lantern he'd team up with them.

Have you read Sinestro stories before Johns brought him back as the "ebin keiikaku man"? (Not counting those in the first 40 GL issues where they introduced him as Hal's main adversary and exploitant of his weakness to yellow)

He was a joke.

I remember Star Sapphire popped in now and again too. Was she even Carol? Actually did she even talk?

JLU Star Sapphire was some random Aussie babe. IIRC her voice actress was the actress who played Vincent D'Ofrio's arch nemesis Nicole Wallace on Law and Order Criminal Intent

This
At the time of JL and JLU Green Lantern wasn't really at the the level he is now in terms of popularity or presence in the DC universe
Also you lose a lot of Sinestros potential as a villain due to John Stewart being the shows GL

Sinestro has always been a jobber.

How I wish the show would have waited for the Johns run and had Cowgirl as the Star Sapphire just to see her in the Timm artstyle.

What fucking potential?

He was and still is literally the generic as fuck EBUL OPPOSITE OF THE HERO.
Only deluded as fuck DC comic geeks think otherwise.

Timm got his chance to do Johns run with the GL cartoon.
It was trash.

This is my favorite Sinestro moment desu.

>deluded as fuck DC comic geeks
If you're not a comic fan you really shouldn't have an opinion on Sinestro or his potential.

Problem with the cartoon is it tries to delve straight into the colour spectrum part. People seem to forget there was a whole Manhunter arc, an ok-ish Hammond arc and a LOT of setup before Sinestro Corps appeared or were even hinted at.

He was living on Earth and operating from there. Why wouldn't he need some cash? Luthor and Grodd were paying.

>By all accounts he should be multiple levels above them.

Luthor was easily more powerful than Sinestro in that show. He made sure that no one in the Society could challenge him.

Remember when he just pushed a fucking button on his belt and it killed Goldface?

If you're not a fanboy of something you have no position to talk.
Show me this potential.

It didn't need a shitload of build up using comic characters and properties people neither knew nor cared about.
If it can't stand on it's own as an idea then it's banking WAY heavily on awareness of the medium and has no steam.
Besides, Timm can't do that type of story.

Despite what fans insist, the DCAU wasn't perfect and fucked up a few characters here and there. Sinestro is one of them.

>fucked up a few characters
Sinestro was a nobody. They gave him a nobody role.

Yeah she talked, and her voice was fucking sexy.

The writers said she was Carol but it never came up in the show.

It's kind of funny how the show shilled Batman hard but used mostly Superman/Flash villains.

They weren't allowed to touch must Bat villains.

you could say that about 99% of all villains in the DCAU outside of Batman's and some of Superman's, after all they killed off about half of them at the end of JLU and no even cared(I've always figured that to be the real reason there's barely any superheroes in Batman Beyond's future, so many of the villains died that most of the League just ended up retiring within a couple years of JLU, even more so once Batman quit the League, as he probably pulled the League's funding when he did)

Well the first time Grodd got Sinestro made sense because it wasn't about hauling Euro's or taking over the world. He just got a group of powerful dudes together to take down the league

The third season they just decided to go "Fuck it, legion of doom time" because they hadn't planned to have another season. So that's why Sinestro is there again.

>It's kind of funny how the show shilled Batman hard

They didn't. This is a meme Sup Forums won't let go of

Pre Johns Sinestro was more of a typical mustache twirling dastardly villain type who made overly elaborate plans just so he could steal cookies or some gold.

He never in 30 years understood how powerful he was.

And there was really no sense for him to remain on Earth doing Earth things at all.

the GL cartoon was awesome

fuck off

>you could say that about 99% of all villains in the DCAU
Not who you're replying to, but I DO say that.

>The Vision attempts to keep Jonn from eating the last Chocos in the Justice Avengers' vault.

They did work the Manhunters into it.

It would've been cool to see an Earth villain or two. I would assumed they need Black Hand for that, but it would've been nice to see Hammond or Tattooed Man.

Here's another of Sinestro's greatest moments.

Fuck you.

Just go back to sucking on Sinestro's dick already.

Nostalgia-wank
I loved every second of it

Luthor could override everyone's powers, Grodd was a telepath.

Which super villain ISN'T a jobber?

AIZEN

Plus, they had money.

Cause he's evil.

Slade.

I know this is actually Wally here but man Luthor was so alpha on this show, he was no one to fuck with.

true dat

Fact: Killer Frost is the greatest hero of the DCAU. Batman and Superman put to SHAME

>tfw you read these pages as Rebirth was coming out

how many time can they rehash Hal vs Sinestro anyway, people complain about Batman and Joker but that's nothing compared to the homoerotic duels of Hal and Sinestro

The GL cartoon was god-tier.

I love Sinestro with the big fucking head. Love how goofy he looks.

>ok-ish Hammond arc
Johns' revamp of the Shark is one of the best parts of the whole run.

>as he probably pulled the League's funding when he did
Wasn't him funding the Justice League what weakened Wayne Foundation so that Powers could take control of so much of it?

Remember how great the Rogues episode was? And how they did one fucking episode about them?