Homestuck

Does this character even have a chance to shine?

Did the fandom really ruin him?

Other urls found in this thread:

reddit.com/r/homestuck/comments/5agldx/squad_goals_spoopchat_11/d9gausp/
youtu.be/TKfX4W9oZL0
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Who, Homestuck?

So according to Cohen, he only wrote the Halloween portion, and has not been writing anything before that.
What do you think? You believe him?

He didn't explicitly say he didn't.

he pretty much did. He said Hussie wrote everything prior to this. Not talking about on his tumblr.

Karkat, like most other pre-Act 6 characters, was ruined by having to take a 3 year time out from the plot.

Joke character. Forever.

I believe him. I think it's become pretty clear that current Hussie is shit

Where? It's not on his twitter either.

Yeah, look at how he writes the newsposts and actual tweets, the guy has lost any shine he once had. Which is a real fucking shame, but not too surprising. Hussie's humor relies around being dark and kind of biting. It doesn't work well with the audience he's trying to court.

reddit.com/r/homestuck/comments/5agldx/squad_goals_spoopchat_11/d9gausp/

someone get wikileaks on this so we can find out once and for all whether or not andrew hussie wrote post-retcon homestuck

I just realized that the post-retcon characters being different to the pre-retcon ones should not really matter to John.

From the point he caused the retcon, he hardly knew what happened to his friends. He just briefly had a meetup with them that we didn't get to see before GAME OVER happened. So them having a different 3 years experience shouldn't be all too weird for him, at least not enough to get him depressed.

The people that really have a reason to be upset are the readers. You spent years seeing the development of these characters, only be told "Nah, they are dead. Here have a copy of them with a rushed summary of a previously dead character who did not have her arc now. Oh, the pre retcons ones are still in the dreambubbles but I will not bother to show you most of them."

He did spend 3 years with Jade, though.

cohen is now the "creative director" for hiveswap?
what the fuck is andrew hussie even doing

It's a manic episode induced rant from a drugged up asshole.

Karkat will always be useless and a joke.

>The project that has occupied the lion's share of my professional time is one that you will understand completely why I have prioritized, when you eventually see it.
Planning his elaborate suicide for all we know.

Literally fucking nothing. Remember when Ryan North was involved? Me either.

SBaHJ: The Animation

Ryan worked on that new squirrel girl ongoing right?

opinion your etc man
The atmosphere in heinoustuck was superb. Desolate in a world that lacked any light or hope, suspenseful as a terrified shitless John tried to escape what seemed like an inevitable fate. The only people he could seek help from were his friends who were batshit insane monsters that wanted nothing more than for him to just go through with it. The friends he knew were long gone from his perspective. (inb4 but that's canon now lol)

But, because he was their friend, they helped him anyway, especially Rose, and that's one of the things I really like about it

Also the music and those strife flashes with Dad and Mom, goddamn
youtu.be/TKfX4W9oZL0

I read it a few months ago and was so disappointed to find it dropped so early, before it even got to Dave's part or we found out what Vriska's deal was

And I dunno but it gives me a sort of nostalgic vibe? Like what it would feel like to be a teenager full of edgy emotions on the internet back in it's wilder days combined with homestuck feelings. Like it's one of those bursts of creativity that homestuck sparked back during it's peak that I wasn't around to witness myself

hapy hallnose eve!

dawww, dave's pet is so cute xD

fucking kill me

So are there dog genes laced throughout the human race now because of Jade

no, they used unprototyped jade's dna

Which is basically Jane's

Yes, it would. Rose and Dave are still dead.

sissy grey boyfeet

basically everyone in the new world is a descendant of just four people: Jane, Jake, Roxy, and Dirk

Nah, it's just edge desu.

And the trolls and carapacians.

It's a slave and you're right, it is a cute slave.

there wasn't any interbreeding between the races

You said "everyone" and besides, you can't really tell that.

It's pure edge and that's why I like it
Like a horror flick

That's a dumb opinion desu. The designs are way too overdone to be spooky too.

But Jade is Dave's pet.

We can only pray

You've got it the wrong way around, Dave is Jade's pet.

Homestuck makes me depressed and I want to let go

How do I let go

there's no people who appear to hybrids, not out of the babies they created that we saw, and not after 5000 years

>He doesn't like excess.

>there's no people who appear to hybrids,
Again, "appear", you have no idea how the ectobiology would work with cross-breeding so you can't definitively say it didn't happen.

I don't. Especially not when a story's trying to take itself seriously.

You're pretty confrontational about someone liking something you don't
And it's not the designs that made it spooky to me, or even that it was really spooky, but the whole feeling of despair to it. Designs were neat though

Good idea for the next thing.

...what is she doing...

You don't.

>You're pretty confrontational about someone liking something you don't
Not really. I wasn't being serious.

Eh. I didn't find it spooky and I really dislike the designs.

You're having way too much fun with this tool.

I thought you were talking to him at first. Holy shit, that says a lot about my self esteem.

It is the best thing. I have been with homestuck since the beginning, but this is the happiest I've been with Hussie's characters in years. It singlehandedly revitalized my shot-to-shit sex drive.

What's that supposed to mean? ;_;

I thought that was a security guard that was going to kick them out

>that fucking dave thumbs up

Oh god. Yes. Make the disgruntled security guard in this. The males look like they're forty years old anyway.

yo push the z axis on those glasses back

those shades are going to launch

>instead of SFM, we got this

>hi john
>come join us

Well if we can take his word for it, that's a relief when it comes to the credits honestly. I like where Huss is taking John's character

I wanna know whose idea it was to dress Kanaya up as Mom though so I can silently appreciate them

Give me the pic

he was a shit character in the first place

John looks too awful to join in I'm afraid. He's permanently relegated to "disembodied penis" status. It pays well though.

he knew

he fucking knew

I don't think you're a tool user, most people think edge is shit but I like it anyways

He had to clean up all the consex afterliquids

no I mean Homestuck

Act 7, the end, all of it he FUKKEN knew

Good for you, user. Too bad it's dead. I'm glad you don't think that. ;_;

Guess Kanaya and Rose are real motherfuckers

Literally turning the comic to Icels and the other davekat shippers, what else?

I can't believe Dirk finally hung himself.

>jade not hairy
Good.

post more bunnyjane

>Icels and Cohen
Is Icels really Cohen's Halftruth or is this bullshit?

Hopefully just bullshit.

it's not like cohen matters anyway so who cares

Apparently he likes everything she posts.
But it's not like she can do anymore damage. And it's not like Davekat will ever happen beyond "Omg they're standing next to one another".
Still mad that they've lost any real dynamic from before the retcon.

He follows her on tumblr but that's it.

>karkat's fate

>get cucked to death by jade and even his go! version gets cucked in the afterlife for (vriska)
OR
>finally gets his wedding scene with Dave and he becomes an irrelevant housewife waiting for his husband to come back
>this is his greatest moment in the comic

That fucking rabbit is going to give me a heart attack. I should have never downloaded this game.

>Listening to Scott Adams about the 2016 election
Well that's fucking dumb of you. Scott Adams stands to lose millions of dollars if Hillary is elected and has spent the past several months trying to squeeze out every last drop of his influence to get Trump elected by making blog post after blog post and tweet after tweet about it. I'm a huge Dilbert fan and I hate Hillary but I can see the writing on the walls.

I'll be back to gloat when the election's over to help numb the pain and just because I'm a bit of a smug faggot.

>Traizwiz hates it

HE HATES IT

Trainwiz hating it feels like some final and certain condemnation, for some reason. Not that I needed it, but it feels like filling in the last blank space of the black mark.

Condy is the hottest

-record scratch-
>YUP. THAT'S ME. I BET YOU'RE WONDERING WHY I STOOPED SO LOW WITH THIS FAT UGLY WHORE. IT ALL STARTED ON THE DAY BEFORE HALLOWEEN.

>triangular cheek marks
i know its because of the character creator but lol

Dude no.
It's that indignant look combined with the costume and the thickness. It just screams "fuck me until the sun goes out"

I work for the company that security guy works at. I haven't seen that picture since before I got there job and that is amazing.

Trainwiz liked X: Rebirth. If someone with standards that low thinks Homestuck's bad, it's beyond saving.

X Rebirth is just the videogame equivalent of Homestuck after the retcon.

>you will never fug big jabe cosplayer

Jade is not big!

I could probably just use a clown nose on both ears at this point