Twin Peaks Finale

>Electricity is a pathway to other dimensions (metaphor for us using electricity to view Twin Peaks world)
>Cooper saves Laura's life
>Drives into power lines to cross dimension
>Enters our/real world
>Because he saved her, tv show never happened
>Women who answered door at the Palmer house was real world owner
>"What year is this?" tongue in cheek play on most people's reaction to hearing season 3 of Twin Peaks was coming out
>Judy and demon shit irrelevant red herring

Prove me wrong

Other urls found in this thread:

reddit.com/r/twinpeaks/comments/6ydg58/s3e18_cooper_is_in_the_real_world_twin_peaks_show/
youtube.com/watch?v=HKfAb8nlKyQ
dailymotion.com/video/x7o2ca
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>no set design, feels empty and lifeless
>no interesting ideas for storylines and generally bad writing
>relies on gimmicks only instead
>those are unoriginal or just bad, unfortunately ("fuck you, albert", glove, andy and lucy, coordinates, riddles, ...)
>bad acting (Bell, Lynch, Horse, Robertson, Dern, ...)
>dull characters (one-dimensional at best)
>storylines and characters are introduced for no purpose
>everything is supposed to weirdly connect and make sense
>shot in digital in a way that doesn't compensate for the technology's disadvantages (looks bad)
>roadhouse scenes (out of place, badly shot, the songs, the bands, the extras, ...)
>student-tier storytelling/editing (characters are shown walking up complete sets of stairs)
>stretched out needlessly, long takes have no particular effect
>obviously delusional and/or inexperienced fanbase perceiving it as particularly meaningful, complex or "deep"
>can't compare to the original series that doesn't have those problems (coherent/complex and beautiful sets, costumes and make-up/well shot/well acted/well written/magnificent multi-dimensional characters and character relations, music, storylines and gimmicks/creates a unique athmosphere as a result, changing the world of television forever whereas "the return" neither manages to do something established really good nor to invent something new)
>extended pitch black scenes because of a lack of a competent cinematographer
>audio issues with microphone static left unaddressed because of poor sound design
>extremely poor editing with magically disappearing extras and production staff accidentally walking into frame
>somehow the best thing in tv history

How do we stop Judy?

Yeah, well, you know, that's just like, your interpretation man.

>Judy and demon shit irrelevant red herring
>despite being the focus of the season and FWWM's most ambiguous scene

nah

Stop Judy.

Long interpretation, muh reddit shilling here

reddit.com/r/twinpeaks/comments/6ydg58/s3e18_cooper_is_in_the_real_world_twin_peaks_show/

Tell me why I'm wrong

I mean, you're not wrong... but FUCK YOU!

because Lynch doesn't like that whole meta stuff

His work is constantly compared to "oh it's about the viewer and their relationship with movies" and he's dismissed this many times

he's more interested in dreams and dream logic

Lynch doesn't like single objective explanations either.
They're """"abstractions""""
The reddit fag is no more right or wrong than anyone else.

I think he's more wrong than people who understand Lynch's style and sensibility. Which doesn't include making statements about people watching tv.

You can't say that objectively.
He leaves it to interpretation, everything about the film is in the film, any outside shit is irrelevant, including Lynch and his other works.
A guy can interpret it any way he wants.

This isn't even a good pasta

And I can interpret the redditors post as being off-base and unrealistic

everything he says is correct my dude

Be honest, pseuds. All you guys riding Lynch's dick for being ambiguous.

If this had been 10 episodes of comfy Twin Peaks feels, you'd still defend the series and praise it as amazing. What's wrong with that?

So is Sarah Judy, or just a Judy Nigger?

easy to explain. it's Sup Forums.

>contrarian audience

>>Enters our/real world
>>Women who answered door at the Palmer house was real world owner
I had thought maybe it would list her real name the same as the character to show this in the credits.

Don't talk about her

If that is the case, what's up with the Chalfont name in the real world? The chalfonts are black lodge/red room inhabitants and what's up with Laura hearing her mother Sarah calling her name and screaming?

I mean I'm not being in the foighting spirit here, but why then would he use the actual owner of the house in the last scene
What about "what year is this?" (something virtually every idiot internet critic used as the tagline for articles about the season's announcement.

>Chalfond
Actual owner telling actual buying history, I don't recall the use of that name in the series, but it it is probably used the name because they thought it sounded good or something

>"Laura!"
No answer for that one, one of the few places where my theory breaks down.

>I don't recall the use of that name in the series
Let me remind you then, Chalfont is the name of the old Lady and the little kid that Donna visits with the meals on wheels program. Laura visited them too. They also owned the caravan before teresa banks lived there in FWWM. They also get reffered to as Tremond.
This can't be a coincidence.

Ah, ya I did my best to forget all of season 2 post Leland death

No I agree it cannot. The lady who answered the door is the real world owner of that house, and I believe I heard (not finding confirmation on this) that everything she says is about who used to own it, etc is 100% real world accurate. Likely when they rented out use of the house in season 1 they got the history (maybe even the Chalmont's owned it then) and got that name. Though it sounded good and used it for that weird old lady and her corny grandson.

My best guess anyway

>that everything she says is about who used to own it, etc is 100% real world accurate
100% wrong. Tremond and Chalfont have been significant names in the series for a long time. The real house isn't coincidentally owned by people called that. You have to realise how stupid an idea that is.

I like your reading, but you're making it look much much worse by being stubborn about what you're wrong on.

When you guys have a dream, do you spend hours trying to figure out what it meant? We live inside a dream. Do you write paragraphs and thinkpieces have have arguments about it?

youtube.com/watch?v=HKfAb8nlKyQ

We live inside a dream. Man this scene really reminds me of how much I missed the Jazz. We live inside a dream.

find out who richard linda and judy are in real life.

Why was David and Mark so sure they'll get an another season to follow?

At any rate that lady in TPS2 was an elderly woman, not the middle aged woman we see in the finale. There is no way Laura Palmer would have even been born then.

I looked up the names of the house owner, while the actress was the owner the names were changed

Gotta eat that one

So any idea on the significance of the name? Is Cooper now in an alternate reality crafted by the black lodge?

One thing I noticed in this world they used a "Valero" gas station. Up until this point, not a single real brand name has been used, except "Heineken" which was served to the coked up girls in the roadhouse. Just makes me wonder

They weren't, and aren't. Lynch mentioned a few times that he liked working with everyone and gave the vague "oh I used to say I'd never do more but I did now" answer as a courtesy. There will be no more seasons. This was very definitively the sort of ending Lynch and Frost always wanted - a mystery. Remember they never wanted to reveal Laura's killer. They finally got to do a substitute of that.

>post
NORMIES GET OUT you haven't seen shit bitch, I knew it would be both Chalfont and Tremond before he knocked.

neck yourself, my man

You are almost there. Cooper entered somewhat more real world, but not ours. It was Laura at the end. She screamed and woke up from the TV/dream - so the TV series ended.
Like Audrey - she screamed and her story ended.
Like the japanese girl in the bar that was watching the show (just like you) - she screamed and the episode ended.
(I heard screamed in japanese sounds like jou dey)
So there were two layers. Our real world contains the world from episode 18 and that one contained a less real world of Twin Peaks series.
There is a lot about crossing the border between the TV series and the real world. The shows in the bar: Eddie Vedder being presented with his real name Edward Louis Severson, NIN being presented as "The" Nine Inch Nails. Someone from the real world - Monica Bellucci - brings the news that this is a dream.
It was just a story about the little girl who lived down the lane. Now you should wake up from your escapism into TV worlds.

>So any idea on the significance of the name? Is Cooper now in an alternate reality crafted by the black lodge?

I still think your idea of it being the "real world" is good. Gotta realise Twin Peaks isn't like Westworld or a Nolan movie, there's no secret "actual answer" to puzzle out. It's all dream logic. All the theories are right, and all the theories are wrong. Listen to what Lynch says - use your intuition, react with your emotions, don't try and translate it all into words. Just feel it. There is no "answer". There is the feeling of not having an answer. That's what it is.

Like says, Twin Peaks was always meant to be an unsolvable mystery. They managed to get it back to that, finally.

This.

I want to watch Twin Peaks from the beginning. Can I skip season 3 episode 18?

This and this get it. It's not a puzzle. It's a dream, just like all movies are dreams.

Why do we dream?

"You fans would enjoy stuff your fans of"

faggot.

Because we are like the dreamers

So just how screams awake us from nightmares, screams awake them from their false realities.
So all the characters are in a false reality?
Are we in a false reality?
Makes me want to scream...

>We are like the dreamer who dreams, and then lives inside the dream. But who is the dreamer?

Lynch and Frost for making the series? Us ourselves for being the ones experiencing it? Something beyond us, that's dreaming us up?

>Makes me want to scream
ding ding ding you got it. thats why carrie screamed, and why you want to

>87391279

It's Laura you retarded monkey.

It is a happy ending disguised as a sad one. People were right. Coop manages to save Laura's life. After Cooper shows up in the woods and grabs Laura's hand, she gets snatched away possibly by Judy and traps her in a dream where which Coop must enter in order to save her. The reason Coop becomes all weird is because he is meshing himself with Laura's dream image of Cooper, since she does not known his name (though she has met him) she decides he is Richard. Laura even says to Coop that she has dreamt about him previously. In FWWM one of the last things Laura did that night was watch Bobby kill that drug dealer which is currently weighing heavily on Laura Palmer the teenage girl's conscience which is why in her dream version of herself, there is a corpse sitting in her living room and she feels the need to get away from it. This is her manifestation of the guy Bobby killed. She is Carrie Page in her dream just like Diane Selwyn becomes Betty Elms in Mulholland Drive. At the end when Cooper asks "what year is this?" it gets Laura to thinking about the reality she is inside which is how dreams always unfold, by questioning them, Laura realizes the world she is inside isn't real and she starts to wake up, hearing her mother's call for her which is the same audio from Episode 1 where Sarah tries to wake her up. Laura hears it because she's still in bed, she was never murdered and Coop saved her. This is all too much for her though and the nightmare she is in makes her feel terror for the version of her that was murdered and everything that happened since and she screams and the lights go off indicating that she has just awoken. It feels weird and fucked up because it's a nightmare but the reality behind it is good. Think about the Monica Belluci dream, where they ask "who is the dreamer?" it's Laura and it's always been Laura.

fpbp

There is no answer, that's the entire point. Why do you think the closing credits are over a literal unsolvable mystery, a sentence we will never hear?

There is no "disguised ending", there is no puzzle, there is no answer. This is what Lynch wanted always, since 89. This was always meant to be the ending. Not the specific thing that happened, but it being a mystery without resolution. You can't resolve it.

You're literally wrong.

>This is her manifestation of the guy Bobby killed.
All this theoryshit misses the point. You're reaching and trying to sort out a dream. Dreams aren't puzzles.

Who cares what Lynch wants? This was written by Frost.

what did he mean by this?

yes they are

The credits as I say. Lynch's desires are as I say. Prove me wrong. Prove the credits aren't of something we don't hear. Prove that Lynch and Frost indeed didn't want to ever reveal Laura's killer.

They wanted the same thing, they've always maintained that. The mystery of Laura was the golden goose. They managed to get back to that in the end.

just because one mystery exists doesn't mean the ending is one too

They literally aren't, both in the real-world science of what dreams are, and in Lynch and Frost's interpretation of dream logic.

>The audience was Laura the whole time

what the frick

The one mystery doesn't exist, is my point. The network forced them to reveal Laura's killer. But in the end they managed to position the show as an unsolvable mystery of Laura again.

There is no "answer" to the ending. Lynch and Frost will literally never confirm anyone's theories. Lynch particularly will keep insisting on what he's always said, that the movie is the thing, that putting it into words is wrong and misses the point. You will never make the ending not a mystery. All you can do is distort it into words, which misses the point entirely.

So is it a loop? Laura is dreaming and will wake up from the nightmare to just her mom waking her up normally, since she wasnt killed?
Since the dream will end, is Coop ded (minus the Dougie incarnation)

Wow, they really ruined Twin Peaks. No one is talking about the characters or multiple storylines just the meaning of the ending.

RIP TP

I bet you think Mulholland Drive doesn't have a cut and dry story either. Plebs like you don't deserve to fucking live.

There is an answer. It's the thing I wrote. It is right and you are wrong.

why does Sup Forums have to be filled with so many redditors?

Then prove it.

Check my previous posts fggt, theres like a half dozen.

Why doesn't Coop become Kyle? He becomes Richard. You are wrong. He is entering Laura's dream at the end.

You know full well he can't.

>Then prove it.

I am Mark Frost. I know what I wrote.

You fucking pleb redditor faggot.

>reddit.com/r/twinpeaks/comments/6ydg58/s3e18_cooper_is_in_the_real_world_twin_peaks_show/
If my theory is correct, Coop is still Coop. There's a Kyle McLachlan doppleganger off somewhere in the world (never having been cast as Cooper) being dumb and being on the Showgirls set or whatever.

If they ran into each other it would be uncomfortable.

>Women who answered door at the Palmer house was real world owner
Your theory has this flaw: The Tremont/Chalfont are characters in Twin Peaks and in FWWM.
And also hits too close to
>Wes Craven's New Nightmare

Judy IS a nigger

Honestly (me being a bit of a gamer fag) I got a real Silent Hill 2 vibe with this finale.
Like we're seeing the delusions of a person with a dissassociative disorder being dragged to the earth.

That smile is from Laura Palmer.

No theory can be correct. It's not a puzzle.

So all a delusion of Laura, treating her mom as a bad guy?

That kid, by the way, apart from being Lynch's son is Mrs. Tremond's grandson, probably the man (he's all grown up by now) we don't see in Laura Palmer's house.

So...... Lost Highway?
Why the fuck do you think about SH2 instead of Lost Highway when it comes to a dissassociative disorder?

Because I don't know what is a Lost Highway

someday you will find out how wrong you are..

Also just an aside for anyone that cares

Long story short, cunt of a grieving widow mother (don't feel bad calling her that after recent updates) called cops on me for taking too benzos when I was having a bit of a rage episode and wanted to calm down and sleep without causing much damage to myself or property (have punched out a window in the past, shit hurts).

Was along to way to get start a career in intelligence in the airforce as an officer. "But what if you get killed" this was her way of fucking that pathway for me up.

Lied and said I "threatened to take her and myself out" and "burn the house down." Absolute horse shit based on twisting a couple obviously sarcastic comments.

I was commited against my will to an asylum for 5 years, among screaming psychos, rapists, and murderers

On the outside developed legit ptsd. Every night since (a week tonight, havent seen it tonght but been drinking) around the time the police showed up, developed hyper vigilance symptoms where I get super analytical and unknowns cause me actual pain.

First case happened during epsisoed 2 of current season (right before Mr C kills Darya to be exact).

Bad show to watch when tripping, but had to keep going cuz I needed questions answered. Got through about 6 a night.

The jazz is the main thing missing from this season (although I sort of like the ambient stuff)

YOU
WERE
LYNCHED

dailymotion.com/video/x7o2ca

also this

no one wants to hear about your shit life and the people that have to put up with you.

Probably not, just saying this season particularly fucked with my head

So the whole problem here was that Coop thought it was safe to bring Laura home since BOB doesn't exist anymore but the bigger problem was Sarah being possessed by Judy all this time?

But was Sarah possessed by Judy? I thought Judy sent Bob to earth to fuck up Lauras shit. Didn't Sarah only become recently possessed by Judy?

Something else:
Who was the girl in episode eight that has the evil bug crawling down her throat?

That must be bait man.

Credits list her as Judy (1954)

Not the creature was a frog + locust, very Egyptian

My interpretation was that Judy (experiment) possessed her with the frog (as aided my the woodsman niggers) and that Bob and her were drawn together. Laura was injected between them by the white lodge to keep them from becoming too powerful. My take, she an avatar of judy (when Mr C asked Phillips for where Judy is, he gave him 3 numbers (those of the street address of the palmers))

Fraid not, must not be cultured enough. I looked it up and downloaded it, will for sure watch it.

>Who was the girl in episode eight that has the evil bug crawling down her throat?
Sarah Palmer

You do know David Lynch made other things apart from Twin Peaks, don't you?

>Sarah Palmer
Citiation needed

Experiment=Judy=Mother

TBQH the supernatural lore of Twin Peaks is pretty on the nose which is uncharacteristic of Lynch, makes me wonder about it's legitimacy

No not at all, are you sure???
Faggy sarcasm aside, I've seen a lot of his work (off top of my head Erasherhead, Elephant Man, Blue Velvet, Inland Empire, and my friend showed me a dvd collection of his shorts)
Hadn't heard of that one

See "obvious foreshadowing"

Man, didn't you see in the fucking show the UNIVERSE OF EVIL THINGS Sarah Palmer hide behind her facade?
Do the math on the ages of both the girl and Sarah

Why was Doppelcoop looking for real Diana? I thought he meant to go to Sarah/Judy.

>Do the math on the ages of both the girl and Sarah

But Sarah has another date of birth, it can not be pre '54.

Furthermore, it would make no sense that Bob wants to get together with Judy because then they would have been together all this time anyway.

Just saying you probably couldn't understand TPTR without watching LH, MD and IE. Lynch is repeating the basic same story all over again.
Not that it's bad, I'm happy with it, but it's the same
This season has more in common with those that with classic TP, I mean, it's a reinterpretation of all TP through that new trick he has

>44
>10 at time of mouth rape
>roughly 27 when laura was born

Little bit old school, but see no problems