Lame ass tropes

> It's a 'main group of characters meets group of girls exactly like them' episode
> All characters have girls that look/act like them
> Main character's girl is just generically hot

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/ukE7qnsLuwA?t=66
youtube.com/watch?v=A2LeclwMrhU
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>main character can't understand the difference between weight and mass

Fact: steel is heavier than feathers.

but they're both 1 kilogram

A dinnae get it

This is Sup Forums we use miles and feet for that

>Jester is a main character

>Characters switch bodies
>Retain their respective voices.
So much rage.

>implying those episodes ain't the best

>Boys vs Girls episode
>Boys start to suddenly act sexist
>Episode always ends with the girls winning, or a tie, boys never get the gold.

You mean a "kilagremme"?

>mother turns the weans against us

>Superheros don't kill.

>Boys vs Girls episode
>they gender swap

What don't you get?
Look it up, they're both a kilogram.

>episode title is a cringe reference to a common phrase or joke

'Nerdy' (but obvioisly hot) girl with glasses suddenly becomes prom queen without glasses and can see perfectly well without them

>girl with glasses
this is the most obnoxious thing, girls with glasses are always shit

If anything, this trope caused me to become a massive meganekko fetishist as an adult, so there's that

How is that book called?

But steel is heavier than feathers

DESU where does this appear in pop culture past 1995?

Every movie I've seen has the dumpy male/female going to great lengths to be perceived as attractive by their targeted mate and either

a) through situational wackiness and adventure the target mate realizes that the person is desireable even without all the bullshit and falls for them

or

b) they fail to impress the targeted mate but along the way fall for the best friend who's always seen the good in them the whole time.

Comics and cartoons seem like an odd interest if you are tired of tropes. Perhaps it's time to read some literature.

Any time there a transformation/body swap/genderbender episode without any suggestive content.

I don't know why people rage over this one. Never bothered me, so I'm curious to hear an explanation for this.

>pathetic loser character suddenly gets rich or powerful or something
>he immediately turns into a huge asshole
>protagonists defeat him and return him back to normal
>he's again the butt of all the others' jokes
>this is supposed to be a positive thing

Not quite the same
But Cloudy With A Chance of Meatballs does this
Girl takes off glasses and is suddenly beautiful but has to abbandon her nerdy interests for some reason?
At some point she decides that being a nerd is a part of her, puts on her glasses again and is ugly again
Because you can't be a nerd and physically attractive at same time

if they're switching bodies they're also switching vocal chords
It's a very interesting acting excercise from the actors to see them try to get the inflections and language of a different character
Keeping original voice doesn't make sense and it's lazy

>he's again the butt of all the others' jokes
>this is supposed to be a positive thing

I can't really think of any cases where the loser wasn't already a shit to begin with, thus making the outcome warranted.

>"minority" character gets added
>does nothing but bitch and moan about being oppressed
>this trait isn't portrayed as a bad thing
>whole setting suddenly changes to portray them as right

>character has crush on other character
>closeups on the character with music playing in the background

Even worse when the character isnt even hot. Only time I can think of that was well done was Steven Universe

I'd like an example of this to then watch/roast them later

>watching a show with subtitles on
>get to a part where they speak another language
>subtitles say [speaking (language)]

They should really put the part where it says they're speaking another language, but also say what they're saying.

>Villain is defeated by the power of friendship/love

I get this being common in shows aimed towards a younger audience but at times, this shit is really cringe-worthy.

>every antagonist is defeated by brute force

>Science is bad
>Nature is good

>Characters are having a private conversation on another someone else.
>Said character walks past the door and overhears a part of their conversation which makes it seem like they are talking shit on him.
>He runs away before hearing the rest of the conversation which clears it up.

I feel different i always thought it was a magical experience

>Group of villains is introduced as the meanest, baddest, scariest
>Kick Ass Chick With No Muscle Tone manages to outsass/fight them every single time

>villian disguises himself as the new kid in town
>hero sees through his bullshit immediately
>all his friends suddenly stop believing anything he says and think he is just became a giant jealous asshole for no reason.

>It's a Tragic Villain episode

Muh Dick

it's a kellagrum

>he doesn't believe in the power of friendship

You mean, the shit.

>something magical/alien happens
>all of a sudden one character gets frustratingly and annoyingly skeptical and doesn't even jokingly or out of cheer boredom humor the idea that it might actually be something otherwordly

>NO I DON'T LIKE HER
>girl overhears and runs away crying
>I LOVE HER
Fine when it's played up for laughs, but it's painful when it's used as a serious point of the conflict.

>Character's plan is foiled at the last moment by a complete 1 in a million fluke
>Doesn't attempt the same plan again

>Character lies to someone at the start of the film
>Their bond grows and they connect
>Lie is revealed
>Character is dropped like a sack of hammers even though they are proven to be good people who lied for an understandable reason
Every single Madagascar film

>Character's plan is foiled at the last moment by a complete 1 in a million fluke
>DOES attempt the same plan again
>it fails again for an even more stupid reason

Example please.

there was a hole episode of the powerpuff girls that sort of did it, it was more about Mojojojo making a different mistake the second time though

>villain's right hand woman realizes how bad the villain is and jumps ship to the good guy's side

Yeah, got forbid we defeat a common evil with the help of teamwork and community, you selfish hedonist faggot.

Loyal waifu>Traitorous slag

You're talking about when mojo tried turning everyone in the city into dogs twice. I don't remember how he failed the first time but I think the second was the powerpuff dogs just beat the shit out of him

>it's a depowered episode

Fuck you buddy Rowdy Ruff Boyz were awesome.

>science is good
>it's also the only thing anyone is really cares about

First time they bit him in the ass so he dropped the Anubis relic so that the spell was broken.
Second time he took his precautions by wearing a metal plate on his ass, and not turning them into dogs, so that they couldn't bite him.
So they just beat him up instead.

>It turns out that they're their great-grandaughters
Why does this keep happening?

>main character leaves an important item behind
>main character can't jump across a chasm and falls to their death

you seem....triggered

>Offspring of MC shows up from future
>Doesn't tell the protagonist who the other parent is

>it's a "new guy shows up, he's a douche, someone tries to point it out, everyone hates them for it" episode
I want every writer whoever made an episode like that to be beaten with a rubber hose.

>21 minutes of heroes kicking villain's ass
>1 minute before credits, villain goes "LOLOLOLOLOL ALL ACORDING TO KEIKAKU"

>Characters are blatantly homos
>Show just keeps on teasing them as "close friends"

> Its a "Bait the Shippers" episode

Translators note:
Keikaku means plan

>it's a "maybe the villain isn't such a bad guy after all---oh wait, they're turning against us again" episode

Post feet.

>Fem Char is asleep
>MC Starts getting all touch feely
>Never brought up

To be fair, they wouldn't want them to feel like they don't have control over it. They'd want their conception to happen naturally instead of making their own existence a self-fulfilling prophecy.

Ever done this in reverse where needing glasses causes her to be perceived as hot?

Why would you even want that? Half of the issue with a gender/body swap is getting used to having your sex's brain in the body of the opposite sex

At first I thought you were arguing the other way around (they keep the voices of the body they were in) and it puzzles me. Yeah it's pretty dumb if they keep their original voice if they're in the body of another person.

>This happens in a setting already full of magic or something

Actually blood boiling

Timmy's dad in FOP is a great inversion to this.

>gets rich
>doesn't spend it all immediately
>buys a bunch of stuff but not to a huge extent
>stays relatively the same except having money is now a solution to problems
>retains wealth through various episodes
I hope he doesn't stop being rich any time soon. He didn't even try to upgrade his house or anything if I recall correctly.

No fucking way.

I'd do anything I could to make sure I was still born

>science vs magic episodes

I've yet to see a show that does this well. Most of them don't get past the surface issues of science being dehumanizing or magic being a cipher for more traditional beliefs. The actual closest show was Avatar or even Korra, but Korra dropped the ball on this in S2. Avatar S2 and Korra S3 were pretty much the only time I've seen this done okay-ish.

>make a plot hole by accident
>every fan calls out your shit
>a season or so later it becomes a plot point
also, every other trope where a writer or creator tries to seem clever when they're complete shit

like making jokes about a bad aspect of your show, but don't fix it

youtu.be/ukE7qnsLuwA?t=66

In some cases, yeah, but just because Supernatural Thing A is real does not mean Supernatural Thing B is also real. We could live in a world where we lived next door with vampires, but that does not mean werewolves are real. The ability to use the Force does not mean you can Waterbend.

got any specific examples?

Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs. They also put her hair up into a ponytail to complete the transformation.

But steel's heavier 'an feathers.

>every antagonist is outwitted, and /then/ beaten to shit by brute force

The great gatsby does this too, and it's painful

Meanwhile if he HAD turned them into dogs again AND worn the plate he would have been fine

Chaotic did that one perfectly.
youtube.com/watch?v=A2LeclwMrhU
>Whole episode has the main characters arguing about whether guys or girls are better
>It swings into "Girls are soo much better!" midway through
>One of their friends is battling a bitch player during the whole thing.
>On the screen it's a guy monster fighting a girl monster.
>The girl monster wins and the only female main character looks smug about it.
>Turns out their male friend was using a female monster and the bitch player was using a male monster.
>Episode ends with nobody sure what the lesson was, because the guy friend won with a girl monster while the bitch player lost with the male one.

>don't do the specific action
>cuts to side character doing the specific action
>uh-oh

>has to abbandon her nerdy interests for some reason?

The reason was she realized it was much easier for her to get a job as a sexy weather girl than to try to be taken seriously as an actual meteorologist, but the weather girl gig called for a ditzy personality to fit the role and nobody wanted to hear the sexy weather girl talk about actual meteorology, because it confused them to see a pretty girl talk about sciencey smart things and no one believed her. But once she dressed like a nerd everyone knew she was legit. Basically, it's a cartoon and everyone is an idiot that needs stereotyping just to understand what's going on.

Yeah, that's what makes it so hot.

Worse is when the female helper is more competent than the man. I mean geez, women already have the right to vote, what else do they want?

>the episode where Batman gains super powers on another planet in Brave and the Bold
>"yeah I just eliminated all crime :^) What did you do?"
>"wrote about what you did"

>Villain is defeated due to sheer bluffing and mind games

>The future is always a dystopian nightmare or full on shit.

>characters go to japan
>godzilla attacks

I was agreeing with the validity of that page until it jerked into feminist symbolic bullshit out of no where.

I usually don't mind this, since the situations vary, whereas the other tropes usually play out the same way.