Other urls found in this thread:

variety.com/2017/tv/news/twin-peaks-kyle-maclachlan-finale-1202547022/
strawpoll.me/13870391
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Okay. What is with the red hair?

>no set design, feels empty and lifeless
>no interesting ideas for storylines and generally bad writing
>relies on gimmicks only instead
>those are unoriginal or just bad, unfortunately ("fuck you, albert", glove, andy and lucy, coordinates, riddles, ...)
>bad acting (Bell, Lynch, Horse, Robertson, Dern, ...)
>dull characters (one-dimensional at best)
>storylines and characters are introduced for no purpose
>everything is supposed to weirdly connect and make sense
>shot in digital in a way that doesn't compensate for the technology's disadvantages (looks bad)
>roadhouse scenes (out of place, badly shot, the songs, the bands, the extras, ...)
>student-tier storytelling/editing (characters are shown walking up complete sets of stairs)
>stretched out needlessly, long takes have no particular effect
>obviously delusional and/or inexperienced fanbase perceiving it as particularly meaningful, complex or "deep"
>can't compare to the original series that doesn't have those problems (coherent/complex and beautiful sets, costumes and make-up/well shot/well acted/well written/magnificent multi-dimensional characters and character relations, music, storylines and gimmicks/creates a unique athmosphere as a result, changing the world of television forever whereas "the return" neither manages to do something established really good nor to invent something new)
>extended pitch black scenes because of a lack of a competent cinematographer
>audio issues with microphone static left unaddressed because of poor sound design
>extremely poor editing with magically disappearing extras and production staff accidentally walking into frame
>somehow the best thing in tv history

Imagine Twenty One Pilots performing Trees at the Roadhouse for Season 4 opener.

Redheads Are The Wildcard

>didn't get his first post

JUST

Go to sleep already faggot.

What happened to Leo and Donna?

OP confirmed for trying to jazz up his thread with controversy.

doesn't make it less true

She's his mother's sister's girl.

Am I the only one who thought she was a qt?

I want to see her smile.

Hey people. I'm early so please do your best when I ask don't spoil.
Is the book worth reading? Actually? I have barely started season 2 and while I love the show, I feel like going from show to book is a bit of a misstep. Twin Peaks to me always was a visual and while I know Frost cowrote the show I am just unsure of having to read about this fucked up world without visuals.
Anyways good book? Second book coming out soon too right?

personifications of the red room/black lodge. Red curtains, black/white nails/floor

you have to wait 1 minute between posts you redditor

Through the entirety of The Return we are shown scenes from both the original timeline (OT, where Laura died) and new timeline (NT, where Cooper saved Laura), intercut with one another. In the OT, Audrey is in a coma, Richard Horne was born, Chinese drugs are driving kids mad, James plays a live set in the Roadhouse, child zombies etc - all sorts of horrible things, and radiation ("black fire") is leaking out of lodge portals, causing Harry Truman, Log Ladt, and Beverly's husband to get leukemia.

No, don't read Mark Frost bull crap.

I was actually the third IP in the thread, so he'd have to be an advanced faggot to pull that off.

Not with a pass.

dont read it its fucking garbage

You're not the only person to do anything. Quit trying to be special.

fuck off redditor

Fuck. I impulse bought it while hammered last night and it's already on the way. At least it's hard cover.
Seriously, that fucking bad?

It actually does shorten your post time. But again, he was IP (3).

Yup. Mark Frost is crap.

PC to phone. Only OP knows for a while when he's making a new thread.

Pasta poster here. I am not that amateur impostor in spbp. Easy to spot. Missing line: take the red pill

I have a pass dickweed, you get 30 seconds to post.

Is Coop actually Coop at the end? He seems more like a mix of the original Cooper, Dougie and bad Coop.

He's a tulpa. Real Coop is with Janey-E.

But he co-wrote the show right? What's wrong with the book exactly?
I kind of hope you people are fucking with me, but if not, I should ignore the pastebin then huh? Finish 2, then FWWM, and S3 and ignore any book?

big if true

He's Richard, or at least trying not to be.

that's richard

variety.com/2017/tv/news/twin-peaks-kyle-maclachlan-finale-1202547022/

>Did you feel that Richard, in the finale, was a distinct character of his own, or just Cooper with a different name?

>He was… different. The way it was described to me, he’s just a little harder. So it was another variation, sort of a subtle variation obviously, compared to the other two, but a subtle variation of Cooper. And so that was that last hour, Watching him navigate that.

Coop is only season one Coop for less than 20mins.

I'm willing to bet those who are praising this mess of a season would be singing a different tune if this was the work of another and Lynch hadn't returned. But because it's Lynch suddenly its genious and he just changed the landscape of T.V. *gag*

"Lynch is saying FUCK YOU to narrative and coherency! He's so awesome!" Uh ok...you have fun with that bullshit. Hundreds of characters introduced only to fade out of existence along with whatever plotlines they may have had. 18 hours for what exactly? For Lucy and some random idiot with a green glove to save the day while Cooper only comes back to be used as a vehicle for a possible season 4? Huh?

Lynch was on coke when he wrote this drivel. No explanation.

Did he spend another 25 years in the lodge after failing to save Laura in the past? That might have made him weary.

>yfw he let slip early on that he played 4 characters
>but some had the audacity to ask if he was counting fat dougie as one

This.

The book doesn't explain anything and muddies shit up even further. Lynch himself didn't read it, but ultimately Episode 18 confirms the book's retcons, just like Frost promised.

None of the clues provided work right now, even the white pony Troy one.

What a sloppy season. So many unneeded plotlines and characters that were just dropped for no reason. Dead ends. Horrible. Absolutely horrible. So much potential down the drain. Someone just edit all the best moments into a montage for me and I'll be fine with that. No way do I see myself watching these episodes again.

There's a lot of stuff I did like about the season. I loved the graphic violence and darker tone and thought several of the newbies had potential (Becky, Richard, Red) but ultimately every one was basically pointless. I'm not even going to talk about the abortion that was Audrey . Audrey is raped by an evil doppelganger of Cooper and gives birth to a psycho kid but instead of delving deep into that- Audrey is turned into some confused nagging old shrew who only shows up to dance and is never seen again?

Maybe Showtime should've left this at 9 episodes as originally planned. Or maybe they should've just left it alone. Embarrassing.

Lol nope

What did she day to him?

its absolute shit, half of it is stuff like "Did you know Former President Richard Nixon... wore the owl cave ring!!!!!!!!!"

the other half is "Did you know that Dougie Milford (a throwaway season 2 shit-era character that you may not even remember the name of) met the giant!!!!!!!"

Richard who? His name is Dale. If he told you his name was Richard, he was lying.

>unneeded plotlines and characters that were just dropped for no reason

Sounds like a dream I wonce had...

See. It's OP with a pass. Putting the copy paste on auto immediately after making new thread.

SERIOUSLY FUCK I WANT TO KNOW WHAT THE FUCK HAPPENED TO THE OTHER CHARACTER SHIT FUCK

>I have a pass
definitely a redditor

>meone just edit all the best moments into a montage for me and I'll be fine with that.

Do it yourself

why would he take 52 seconds to post it instead of 30 you mongoloid. and why would he link the thread in the previous thread before he had got it in first.

Why was Sonny Jim a roastie? I demand an explanation, Lynch.

So was the whole series a dream or somethin since Laura didn't actually die?
Also, what was up with Cooper exiting Black Lodge at will again in the beginning of ep18? Was he transcended into a lodge being? What is Diane doing there? What happened when they crossed the 430 miles?

E18 just tripled the amount of questions I had with the series, fuck

Make thread
30 seconds to link it in old one. 30 seconds to post the pasta. It's always towards the dying end. And nobody is refreshing constantly.

"I shat in your coffee"

Just give up, OP. It's over.

>NINE EXTRA HOURS OF RED HERRINGS AND DEAD AIR

>HOPE YA LIKED IT, FUCKERS!

- David Lynch, 2017.

if the goal is to post the pasta as the first post then why wouldn't you post the pasta before you link it in the old one lmao

Mod here. Can confirm both OP posted the pasta and used a pass.

He's not Richard. Diane becomes Linda, i.e. Cooper rapes Linda, but Cooper is convinced that he's FBI Special Agent Dale Cooper to the very end.

Someone found the thread while he was making it.

hows annie?
hows annie?

Why did stopping the murder of Laura create a whole new Laura?

It's a variant of that anyway.

>30 seconds to link it in old one
>30 seconds to post the pasta

so why is the post less than a minute apart from the op lmao

Haha faggot

0 replies for (you)

You guys are seriously retarded.

Was Naomi Watts always a hiplet?
Or is is something that happens in old age?

So what scenes are NT?

Notice how the picture itself remains undamaged.

Wow, such symbolism, much profound.

At night im driving in your car
Pretending that we'll leave this town
We're watching all the street lights fade

>And now you're just a stranger's dream
>I took your picture from the frame
>And now you're nothing like you seem
>Your shadow fell like last night's rain

hahahahaha LYNCHED

Youur a faggot and you know it

Damn, you sure showed him

go kill yourself literal faggot redditor

first post of hearts

daily reminder to all redditors that making a thread does not reset your post timer, you can put a post in a thread immediately after making it with no cooldown inbetween

yeah but he posted in another thread before replying to his own brainlet. fuck off back to pleddit.

strawpoll.me/13870391
strawpoll.me/13870391
strawpoll.me/13870391
strawpoll.me/13870391

What happened to the poll? Also why is Part 17 suddenly leading? Some upset troll or does Sup Forums really have that many plebs?

>his goal was to put a copypasta as the first post in his thread
>he decided to achieve this goal by linking people here and then waiting 30 seconds to post it

w d h m b t

>tfw no scene of Bobby confronting his dad in purple wave castle

Post yfw Lynch announces secret part 19 real finale.

idk senpai, ep 17 was pretty kinoey
Coop meeting Laura in 1989 and taking her by the hand and leading her off the path to death before she disappears was beautiful and sad at the same time.
ep 18 was just Coop staring blankly into space for an hour before saying "...huh?"

Seriously what the fuck happened to Leo?

fuck you albert

So if the whole thing was a dream then that says a lot about dreams I guess.

Last night I had a dream that I was watching some Jurassic Park movie that doesn't exist, then Laura Dern showed up from time to time and then there was this ad for a Netflix (or something like it but the UI was based on Netflix) original that happened to be Twin Peaks Season 4 and it had Diane on the front of it. Then I was talking to some people showing them this stream service and convincing them to watch The X-Files, and then I ended up watching an "episode," it happened to be "Young At Heart" but it was this weird feature-length film version and here's how that went:

>Mulder and Scully investigate something in a sewer because a monster attacks someone (?)
>there's a guy with a pentagram tattoo on his palm
>later, M and S are back at this FBI place (looks like a regular house) and they're mad at each other, one of them says "fuck" and M shoves S against the wall or through a door (?)
>M is told to look at the evidence that includes three suspect alligators in these tanks
>M determines that it couldn't have been an alligator because one was blind, the other had something wrong with it, nothing said about the third alligator
>office stuff I don't remember, talking scenes
>cafeteria scene
>M and S are sitting together
>an FBI agent goes through a room that leads to the stairs to the roof
>something happens to him, disappears I think (?)
>the villain appears but no one knows it's him
>suddenly, I'm in control of him and I just look at different girls who get kinda freaked (I know he has cataract eyes like the doppelgangers in the Black Lodge so that's why I look at them?)
>back to spectator
>something alerts M and S to go through the room to the stairs (?)
>villain goes to lobby (?)
>I check the time, we're at the 98 minute mark
>M runs down to the lobby, the lady tells him she saw his doppelganger leave
>says he had a tattoo of a swastika on his hand and cataracts, M knows who it is

ETSUBATSU

Reggie was then about to be introduced then the dream ended.

It was really interesting to me and I was sad that it had to end prematurely.

17 was the fantasy, and 18 was facing the horrible truth that is underneath and at the core of Twin Peaks.

>look mom I posted it again

>Coop meeting Laura in 1989 and taking her by the hand and leading her off the path to death before she disappears was beautiful and sad at the same time.
they played that part again in 18, though it was more effective at the end of 17 tbf

you are literally retarded. off yourself. just off yourself. i'm serious.

L Y N C H E D\

Why 253