post spooky s/co/ry skeletons, putos

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=7Isoo80zsA0
youtube.com/watch?v=QtoHskjmA34
youtube.com/watch?v=49lFPyzTfjw
youtube.com/watch?v=dkGPIPSHyUk
moviepilot.com/posts/2299852
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

I went to the cemetery this morning and washed my mom's grave, then I came back home and started decorating for christmas.

wait, isn't that tomorrow?

also
>celebrating taco culture on an american website
build digital wall

>american website
HAHAHA! not anymore my faggot friend

>Have Hispanic gf
>She hype as fuck for Book of Life
>We watch it together
>Candlemaker shows up
>Her hype immediately dies
>"Why the fuck is there a chombo in this movie?"

Ruined the movie a bit for her

What's a chombo?

>chombo
What is?

She basically asked why there was a nigger in the movie.

What he said

The day if the dead start at 29 if you are really a zealot, but here is the schedule.
>29 for those who have a violent dead
>30 for the unborn child or kids that die before being baptism
>31 for the souls of all who die as a child
>1 and 2 is for everyone, but especially for your loved ones who past away.

is tomorrow you bogus

more like a homeless

Huh, didn't know that. That's pretty interesting.

>I went to the cemetery this morning and washed my mom's grave.
This guy knows the true meaning of Dia de los Muertos.

I'm sure it's fun but out of context this sounds like a really depressing holiday.

If you live in a place with low death rates it can sound depressing, But if you live in a place like Mexico of Honduras where someone gets murdered every 2 and a half hours death is just everyday life.

>29 for those who have a violent dead
So Americans should celebrate on the 29th?

>american website

only Chicago

I seem to have an abundance of sister pics. i dont know why

It's a Latino Holiday, so everyone should celebrate the 29th.

That's bleak.

I know a Mexican on steam that tells me a dead body on the sidewalk is a pretty common sight.
He says that when he rids his bike home from work at night he has to be careful not to run one over.

Feliz dia de muertos Sup Forums.
youtube.com/watch?v=7Isoo80zsA0
youtube.com/watch?v=QtoHskjmA34
I hope you spend a good day with your loved ones.

I think he got the better ending here.

Where I live there are a lot of sugar cane plantations, the workers say that is not weird to find corpses on the field because that is where the gangs drop their victims.

boo

Mexicans are savages.

And here I was getting sad that Halloween was over. But now its time for sugary skellies, and I couldnt be more excited.

This is the closest thing dia de los muertos related I could find. (That isn´t book of life)
youtube.com/watch?v=49lFPyzTfjw

dicen que el fantasma de chespirito asusta en su mansion de acapulco, futurama tenia razon

From which country is that police car?

>It's a Latino Holiday

1. It's only mexican.
2. Chile and Argentina are safer than murrika.

Mexicans literally can't give a shit about that stuff

>it's only mexican.
I must tell this to the people of my country who has been celebrating it for hundreds of years!

>mfw there's only 2-3 semi-decent Rule 34 of Book of Life

Is a prehispanic holyday, if your country had indigenas then is probably that you may celebrate

It is funny that that police car is from brazil. Talking about brazil, do brazilians also celebrate ded day?

>docents of dead people per day since 2006 thanks to the drug war and the politics incompetent.

We just don't care anymore

Does the bleached twink cross dresser still count?

I T S T I M E

still would

I think more and more people are discovering that cartoon skeletons are really sexy in a strange way

>2. Chile and Argentina are safer than murrika.
Argentina's government has murdered their own national heroes because they expressed anti-government opinions, chile is a narco state.

You don't actually eat these, do you? Is it more like a cake decoration or a lollipop if so?

How though?
Literally how would that work?

Is literally sugar, sure you can eat them.

I remember only eating the chocolate ones. Even as a kid I couldn't eat that much sugar in one go.

latin america has this thing called the saints calendar that celebrates specific biblical stuff, for example today is "el dia de todos los santos" that celebrates all saints, and tomorrow "el dia de los fieles difuntos" day that celebrates the deceased. it's a thing that goes beyond mexico and has nothing to do with indigenous traditions or prehispanic. mexico celebrates it a lot more than the other latin american countries and includes a bunch of their aztec traditions on the go but it's a wide celebration that also includes the antilles and some south pacific islands.

>Argentina's government has murdered their own national heroes because they expressed anti-government opinions, chile is a narco state.

Chile being a narco state is one of the dumbest things i had ever read in Sup Forums.

>he doesn't know about the catholic calendar

Its a solemnity that's part of the Catholic Church. Latin America still celebrates most of the Catholic solemnities. It may have syncretic elements from the indigenous (one of Christianity's strongest traits for propagation and survival) population, but its still used in other places

And that means that in certain countries you get a fuckload of mondays off from work over the year

in my country they already stopped doing that, we usually moved celebrations to Fridays or mondays thus making long weekends but some people got mad and started shit because they wanted to celebrate the day it was supposed to be

You can eat them, though I don't care for them. There are better mexican desserts, though I guess I don't know how authentic the stuff where I live is.

Love your skeletwins, you somehow manage to make them so cute.

They just posted this on the CN youtube
youtube.com/watch?v=dkGPIPSHyUk

I really miss El Tigre

Neat.

If you're fishing for a request how about Scardelita dressed up as Morrigan Aensland and Adelita as Lilith, with Adelita sulking she got to be the flat one?

Or the twins plus Zone-tan and/or Melusine wedging out on a couch, watching spooky movies.

>Go to Mexico to visit grandmother
>family celebrates her birthday
>can't stay for dia de los muertos, so I buy a sugar skull to decorate the house with
>fucking thing breaks during flight back home

Is made of sugar user, i don't know what you were expecting

I watched The Book of Life at a Dia de los Muertos celebration that my city was throwing on Saturday,

Its a good movie. It is boring and slow at times, and I'm not a fan of the male characters looking like legos. The twins were so sexy- I love all the Rule 34 of the twins. It had some good songs, and the ending was good. My favorite scene was Manolo singing to the giant bull. I did cry at the ending when the tour guides revealed themselves as La Muerte and Xibalba, and then Candlemaker told us to write out own book.

I really like how Xibalba accepts losing the bet and gets back together with La Muerte. Its a better end of two feuding deities than the Hercules ending where Hades is thrown into the river Styx. Are we supposed to assume that Hades died or was trapped there forever and now there is no one to manage the underworld?

Can someone please upload the rule 34 version?

Yeah, I don't ever seen even a dead body irl, and i live in mexico city

>using them as decoration.
do you want ants? because that's how you get ants

Never seen one

It's great being mexican since you get an excuse for a few more days of spooks.

>Dia de los Muertos thread
>posting skelewaifus instead of best Book of Life character

Sartana of the Dead is also based around Dia de los Muertos. She's a funny villain. I like her in the Ballad of Frida Suarez, and the episode where she tries to marry Grandpapi.

You can tell that Jorge Gutierrez made both El Tigre and the Book of Life. The Book of Life has a few cartoon scenes that have the same animation as El Tigre. Grandpapi Rivera and General Posada have the same voice actor of Carlos Alazraqui.

The Dia de los Muertos episode of El Tigre was basically the same as the plot of The Book of Life. The heroes go to the Land of the Remembered, find their ancestors, go to the world of the living with said ancestors to fight the evil villain.

Its not one of my favorite episodes of El Tigre, and the Land of the Remembered is a lot more festive and colorful in Book of Life. In El Tigre, its basically just a pueblo with a few decorations.

that's not JOOOAAAQUUIIINN!!!

loled
hard

Fun fact, Sartana is canonically a daughter of La Muerte and Xibalba who lost her goddess status and was exiled to the realm of the living after a broken heart corrupted her.

that fuckers are deliciuos, but yeah, it's a lot of sugar. You can get one of chocolate or amaranth instead

Eeh reposting here, since this is an appropiate thread. Feliz día de muertos.

It's a good season for eating a lot of things too.

So, do Mexicans believe all of this La Muerte and Xibalba stuff, or is it just a superfluous element on top of a religious holiday like Santa Claus is to Christmas?

t. Guido.

I like how Xibalba and La Muerte are lovers. I like how Xibalba isn't simply seen as the big bad villain like Hades was in Hercules- who is thrown into the river Styx at the end and the audience just assumes he's dead or trapped there forever.

He's a god, he's necessary for the balance of life. The Book of Life is getting a sequel in 2019. The plot doesn't look all that promising.

>Xibalba sends Manolo, Joaquin, Maria, Chuy, The Band of "Rodriguez" and all the friends must clean up to get rid of all the Goons

moviepilot.com/posts/2299852

I really wanted to see more of him and La Muerte. The movie probably should have been about them instead of three mortals, and we really didn't spend enough time in the Land of the Remembered.

>Land of the Remembered/Land of the Forgotten
>Whether or not you go to Heaven or Hell is based on whether people remember you or not

That sucks.

>everyone ends up in hell in the end

Not everybody can eat pure sugar.

The creator said the actual "hell" realm is beneath the Land of the Forgotten and ruled by Xibalba's much worse brother. Sounds a bit redundant, but if he gets to make another movie, it could be developed into something interesting.

So there's a special hell just bellow hell that they keep just in case of sequels?

Similar to Mayan afterlife, you still live as long a people remember you, after that is the void of nothingness for you.

I know is not Sup Forums but...

>Hell of Too Many Sequels

>I did cry at the ending when the tour guides revealed themselves as La Muerte and Xibalba, and then Candlemaker told us to write out own book.

Only excusable if you're a 12 your old female with daddie's cock in anus

Mexico is a big place. We have some Detroits and some more calm places. Our Detroits are usually near the border... Coincidence?

I think not

More or less. I guess that's where the actual bad people go, and the Land of the Forgotten isn't torturous, just bleak.

What's the point of having a concept of an afterlife if it's also just a temporary existence that will inevitably end?

The Land of the Forgotten isn't really depicted like a fiery torturous hell. Its more like a place of boredom where bored people just sit around and wait to turn into dust.

I really like his sugar skull mask. Why is it so hard to find a good quality skull mask in real life that looks good, has all-black sockets, and covers your whole head?

Yeah, that sounds... pitifully uninteresting.

So, I live near the northern Mexico border so I hear about that stuff often enough. How's the southern border?

And the lowest layer of hell in Dante's Inferno was just a frozen wasteland. An eternity of either sounds torturous enough.