Is Jack the worst victim of flanderization in cinema...

Is Jack the worst victim of flanderization in cinema, both in how horrible he's been written and how different his character has become?
>1st: seedy and genuinely dangerous pirate who had a slightly drunken personality and would pretend to be retarded to fool people. Could easily act serious, had depth, and was an important character who was actually intelligent
>2nd: now not acting, is starting to be genuinely retarded and being a drunk is his core personality trait. Could still act serious and had some bit of depth, but was starting to become useless and stupid
>3rd: spends half of the movie literally being retarded. Is a less useful and important pirate than Elizabeth for the second half
>4th: fuck I don't remember no one remembers that movie
>5th: is now completely and absolutely retarded, incapable of anything except acting foolish and drunk. Is completely useless, dumb, and can't even fight
For fuck sake, they even flanderized his appearance by exaggerating the slight sideways pony-tail he had.

You forgot how he went from being a literal who to a super-famous pirate lord, too.

Woah it's almost like his personality has matured and grown just like a real person's would.

Having him be the exact same character gets really old really fast.

Don't be retarded. The character was completely bastardised. In CotBP he was an edgy, funny antihero with a skewed sense of morality. After that he became a drunk, bumbling moron - essentially a pirate Homer Simpson.

>drinking problem turms to alcoholism

wow so unrealistic he should have stayed more "serious" for all 5 flicks!

>edgy, funny antihero with a skewed sense of morality

maybe this is more up your alley

I've never watched it, though I'm sure you have.

And then apparently back to being a literal-who. Although him becoming a pirate lord makes sense within the context of the films.
>matured and grown
He literally lost a significant amount of his personality within a years time and became significantly more shallow and less intelligent.
He was always an alcoholic. The difference is he even acted less retarded when he was drunk in CotBP.

I only watched the first but I think he was the same in all the movies.

PotC4 was way better than 5.

I didn't think it was a bad movie at all personally. But 5 sucked.

I've only seen 1-3 but I agree. He's basically just comic relief by that point.

Why the fuck do you think your opinion was worth adding to this thread if you've only seen the first one? You fucking idiot.

He's just shitposting for (You)s and you fell for it.

>I'd tell him myself but...Pirates of the Carribean: Dead Men Tell No Tales™

It was at this point I walked out of the room

It's a classic case of Disney having an unexpected success, getting starry-eyed, and meddling too much. Granted, it's not only Disney that does this.

Well when you consider he is an alcoholic and probably has some degenerative disease like syphilis it starts to make sense.

who cares if it makes sense it's just plain unenjoyable for fucks sake

That's actually an interesting theory. Kinda depressing to think about honestly.
This also.

He also spent time in hell, essentially. He wasn't completely right when he went in, but there's no way he came out unchanged.

>having the character become more stupid and buffoonish as time goes on indicates maturity

Men can only be stupid and useless from now on, did you not get the memo?

P.S. YASSS QUEEN SLAAAY!

It really sucks that they did this to him, His character in the first movie is probably my favorite movie character.

Whenever he shows up in the other movies it's just embarrassing

Imagine if The Haunted Mansion with Eddie Murphy had become the hit?

Apart from anything else, Russell Brand's act would have involved blackface.

>3rd: spends half of the movie literally being retarded. Is a less useful and important pirate than Elizabeth for the second half
>literally orchestrates everything that happens after getting rescues from the locker, including anything Elizabeth does after becoming pirate king
>less important than Elizabeth
Did you watch the movie?

They kinda wrote themselves into a corner with that "All the ghosts except Leota and the Singing Busts go to heaven" ending crap that misses the whole point of the ride's Mansion as being a boarding house/retirement home for the spirits.