Why can't you let Mark Waid soapbox in peace, Sup Forums?

Bullies.

No, he's right, that's kind of a dick move.
Now, if he tagged #Champions on the other hand, Waid would have no right to complain.

I would tell Mark Waid his new comic is bad to his face.
But maybe I'm not "hip" and "with it" like this guy double my age is.

Man, that comic was complete SHIT.

But going to his Twitter and insulting him won't make it get better.

Later you ask why creators hate fans.

Champioms is still garbage.

If anything it's a wasted opportunity to better describe how the comic isn't good. But then Waid probably wouldn't respond.

It's just like how baiting on here works, the more incendiary comments get attention.

Kids really want a story about sex trafficking goth clowns.

It's what they've been waiting for in their colourful cape books.

You can't expect much from DC fans

Woah, what a though guy

Is there a hastag for Champions?

#Woke

Someone should tell grandpa Waid to eat it

>would you say that to my face
You're a fat, short middle aged balding man. You think you're seriously intimidating anyone?

You see I don't understand how criticizing something in real life makes you a "tough guy".
Oh no, this steak I ordered is raw. And these green beans are more salt than bean. Well I don't want to cause a scene, I guess I'll just eat it and buy Occupy Avenger next week.

>would you say that to my face

Yes? That was the point of the tag?

Thing is, complainer dude is entitled to his opinion.

But it would be nice if he could actively defend it on a platform that doesn't limit you to 140 characters per post and in a way that isn't just an equivalent of "SHIT SUX BRO, GIT GUD".

>Later you ask why creators hate fans.
Because they're babies that can't take criticism? Get over yourself, just because a guy tagged you doesn't mean you have to reply to him. This is just how Twitter works. Deal with it.

Sup Forums - Tweets & SocMed

I think user is implying that no, you wouldn't say that to this face.

>This is just how Twitter works

No, it isn't. You can talk about someone without tagging them.

>You can't expect much from DC fans

WAID is washed up...ship him off to the indies and let him write books no one reads.

I really shouldn't have to point out the difference between the two situations.
Ordering something and complaining when it doesn't meet your expectations is not the same as buying an already made product and expecting it to be tailor made for your tastes or assuming it's bad only because you don't like it.

>Oliver Queen

I am sure is not a DC fan, probably someone that only looks tv show like most of the people here.

There is 0 difference.

>Why can't you let Mark Waid soapbox in peace, Sup Forums?
That's why we post here, fag.

the book can basically be summed up as the steve buscemi picture

I think it's more about the fact that people are meaner behind a screen than it is about trying to intimidate fans.

I mean... Waid has a Flash avatar...

I mean, when someone calmly asked to see some of the harrasment Chelsea Cain got Waid responded with "fuck off" so he should get off his high horse.

Tagging someone notifies them, not tagging them doesn't.

you know in all honesty
knowing mark waid
that's pretty tame
he's just blueballed about not being able to write superman tho

Ok, so question, why do creatives put themselves on a place where they can get feedback if they can't roll with the punches?

It wouldn't be hard to have a blog or something where they could have closed comments.

>Would you say that to my face?
I think this is kinda silly. First of all, it's not like everyone has the opportunity to go to cons and the like. So twitter acts as a way for fans to interact and let their feedback be known--especially with the demise of letters pages.

>No, it isn't. You can talk about someone without tagging them.
But then how would they know you were talking about them?!?!?! ;_;

So basically you're saying that everyone who didn't like the first two issues of Champions only did so because it wasn't specifically tailor-made for them? You're saying they were good?

>I think this is kinda silly. First of all, it's not like everyone has the opportunity to go to cons and the like. So twitter acts as a way for fans to interact and let their feedback be known--especially with the demise of letters pages.

Because there's no way to say shit like that and not come off as an "internet though guy".

Like I said, 0 difference.

I'm not defending him.

people are going to shit talk public figures on twitter, especially if you write one of the worst high profile comics of the year and charge five bucks for it. the correct move is to ignore it, not most simpering, passive aggressive replies.

Yeah, but O mean, he doesn't gave a point because he does the same thing. He's a hypocrite.

So you're just retarded, then.

Not at all.

But Waid is a DC fan.

>Is OP defending this piece of shit?

Man, and I thought this site was good but all I see is actual man-children that wouldn't know a good comic at all!

I see that all we do is gossip like schoolchildren now.

Damn did nigga waid shook

>Because they're babies that can't take criticism?

But that isn't any kind of useful criticism.

He actually seems hurt. He's right tho, retards need to stop tagging creators with hate tweets

OP is the nigga talking to Waid.

He wants our validation.

>let him write books no one reads.

Champions?

I agree. The mods need to stop these drama threads, we all have much more important things to be doing on this website like waifu threads, posting headcanons, and general shitposting.

You can't have a meaningful conversation on twitter because of the 140 character limit. Nothing he said about Champions is innacurate though.

Why Twitter is shit in a nutshell. Even if the guy would've wanted to give proper concise criticism of Champions, he couldn't because Twitter limits the conversation so severely.

ITT "I don't know what twitlonger is"

I'm still not sure who thought letting a 50-something year old, washed up nerd write a comic book for #woke twitter teens was a good idea.

Not even trying to be a dick since most of my favorite creators are 40 and older, but did nobody figured out it's going to end up in a galaxy-wide cringe? Because this book is Marvel's answer to The Movement that noone asked for as it's better to pretend it was never published.

>put your work out there
>whine when someone calls you on your bullshit
>"bullies"
If you can't handle opinions then get a job pushing carts at Wal-Mart.

serious fag
serious fag
SUPER FAG
FAG OF ALL FAGS

you're a smart fag

I tweeted him yesterday and he blocked me this is what I tweeted

I just read Champions 2 Thank you thank you so much For putting out such a garbage book it wil go done in legend beside Marville

No, Waid is a fan of Superhero comics. DC "fans" are elitist faggots whose chosen silver medal company can do no wrong.

YOU ARE ALL FAGS

Waid?

If creators wrote good stories that don't insult their readers' intelligence, then they would never get shat on social media.

Waid is a fan of Superman as written by Waid.

That's about it.

Ebin : D

Don't worry, I'd block you too.

They would for being pretentious.

Same. I mean, you're right about Champions being garbage but I wouldn't waste my time reading your tweets on the future.

Fucking pathetic. And this "FIGHT ME IRL" is just hilarious. He is old hairless cuck with glasses. What the hell he gonna do? Ask some sjw to help him?

Criticism doesn’t have to be useful. As a creator, you need to be able to take the bad with the good. It's actually more important to be able to withstand bad criticism. So few creators are capable of it without resorting to passive-aggressive reactions or outright quitting the internet.

>creators have to be beta cucks because no-name losers with a twitter account have to vent their useless insults to more successful people

Hilarious

Ignoring retards on the internet doesn't make you a beta cuck. Being a SJW on the internet does make you a beta cuck though.

>tfw 2x the serious

>Not even trying to be a dick since most of my favorite creators are 40 and older,

No, your criticism is totally valid. Older writers are generally going to have earned their writing chops and most of the greats got there over a long career, but when it comes to writing kid appeal stories that speak directly to the youth, putting somebody who hasn't been a youth for years on it is generally going to be a bad idea.

How can you inprove if what you did wrong isn't pointed? Also, this a lot of people who aren't able to point criticism are usually pretty dumb to and have no idea on what they want besides using vague terms.

Seriously whats up with your generation and this Twitter website? Who gives a shit what anyone outside of scholars and historians has to say?

Stop defending garbage comics.

I don't get it. Champions looks amazing and Waid is a World-Class Writer. He'll get a Hugo Award in no more than five years.

how do you get so many (you)s to just throw away like that?

But I said that it is garbage mate.

I just hold creators and fans to the same standarts regarding behavior.

The dude said it was more important to withstand bad criticism, meaning criticism that is not constructive.

Don't pick a fight with every faggot that calls you a faggot.

yeah it does. if something is bad then you have to explain why or else it just comes off as shitposting.

Social media gives the impression that your words have value when they really still mean shit. The only difference now is that there's a 1 in 10000 chance that a dumbfuck (e)celeb will respond.

The ability to sling shit at notable figures is nothing new and I never really got why people take picks of it on twitter. Dude's a fucking hack and deserves this shit, but more enterprising people did did better with the US postal system and a dead animal back in the 90s.

Mark Waid can't take criticism but also praise as well.

Dude blocked me on twitter for saying Birthright was great and that he should write a Superman movie.

I like champion. Not too enthused about viv because I hate robots who pretend to be humans and the whole that whole meme but I'm glad there is a teen friendly title in the catalogue. I will continue to eat it up.

Waid is hilariously thin-skinned so yes I would insult his books to his face just to see his frenzied reaction.

>Mark Waid
>hack

These fucking newfags

>Mark Waid
>not a hack

This fucking nostalgiafag

Daredevil was all right. Even if you didn't like the San Francisco stuff, he revitalized the character and brought him out of the Miller-influenced mire he sank in with Diggle's run.

It was the same bore, just with a different tone. I will never understand the love for his Daredevil.
Now Waid's FF, that was good.

Not muh Doom though.

Well, yeah. I didn't like those arcs either.
I enjoyed the run in general, though.

waid has never done anything of note

>Would you say that to my face????

What? If this implies he's gonna hit someone for making fun of his shitty comic then HE would get in trouble, not the other guy.

Some people tend to be ruder on the internet than in person. Even if someone were to say they hated Champions to his face, they're less likely to ask him if it was his goal to write one of the worst comics of the decade.

>Creators can't handle bantz

Its the fucking internet jesus christ. Block or stfu. You are not going to stop everyone from tweeting criticism at you.

>How can you inprove if what you did wrong isn't pointed?
That's what I mean by bad criticism. Well-known or e-famous creators have to deal with this sort of thing all the time. And no, it doesn't help them improve. But it's something they have to learn to survive as professionals. More importantly, they have to survive it with dignity and maturity. What Waid is doing is not mature or professional. What Chelsea Cain did? It's cowardice. Neither of them were able to handle the criticism.

>And no, it doesn't help them improve.
but it can lead to them quitting. We need to bash Bendis more on twitter

I liked his DD. Didn't read the San Fran stuff, but the first volume was pretty good.

I think the reason people like it is the mostly phenomenal artwork and consistent color palette. It had a distinct mood and that was quite nice.

The Bullseye stuff was a real bore though. Coulda done without those 4 or so issues.

Bendis has seen it all already, he likes the lifestyle too much to quit.

Sadly Bendis has a thick skin. Too thick to be chased away by common critics. Maybe because of all the fat.

Waid is known to not be professional, especially on twitter. When his Flash reprint wasn't solecited( because DC changed the release date) he made multiple posts attacking DC, instead of just calling Didio(or someone else) to ask for details

You're one of those "i hate kingdom come" kids aren't you?

then we be original with our bashing for once

I'm not even bothering with you, kiddo, but I see you're really trying so here's your answer