I just don't understand why

I just don't understand why

Other urls found in this thread:

reason.com/blog/2016/06/30/professor-who-popularized-microaggressio
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Is this a jab at the idea of micro aggressions? It feels like it,but I know better.

Ask not: "Why trigger your reader?" Rather ask: "Why not?"

2deep4u?

That's because you aren't #woke.

Mr. Anonymous, did you introduce this topic to serve as..... a microaggression?

WAID cannot write anymore.

This is parody, right?

I hope he gets shit for trivializing microagressions.

yeah i'm not gonna bother with anything waid's writing if this is the kind of garbage he's putting out

Don't a lot of comic books do this?

You sure Vision wasn't created by Reed Richards? Cause that's a fucking stretch

Honestly, I expect the next page to be Viv saying it's a joke to scare her, because scary stories around a campfire or whatever.

yes but this is a marvel comic so its unforgivable

Kek

Do you think that maybe Sup Forums is obsessing about this a bit too much?

We like being angry more than we like comics.

It's easily the worst comic to come out of the big two... probably this year. Like, it's worse than Justice League or Civil War II.

remember that Viv's wifi password is "evenanandroidcancry"
I bet she's trolling Ms Marvel

I feel like I'm reading Sinfest.

Not really, it's just the standard reaction to a really bad comic. You can't say that Sup Forums is obsessing over it until the OCs start appearing. Remember Captain Hydra?

It reads like a joke really.

See I want to believe that but, you know, "Marvel"

I read it as a joke, too, but it's still a lame one.

Sure she is.

you cannot introduce a topic as a microagression. microagressions are unintentional results of subconscious feelings derived from lingering cultural bigotry.

I honestly can't tell anymore.

Jesus Christ Marvel, pack some more words and art into your book. People pay full price for that?

>Not just getting comics from the mega

I didn't say ALL people, and how do you think I get my robit comix

>Robot
>Breathe, eat, have self-awareness, culture, feel boredom, have tangible souls, and are indebted to no one but others of their kind

>robots in disguise

>and are indebted to no one but others of their kind
Is a robot still a robot if it serves another robot?

Only if the mechanical lifeform in question is not an equal. Only beings such as Diagnostic Drone and D.O.C. are robot.

Accurate

I like to pretend that she was fucking with Kamala, since she stopped her from getting some Nova Force. That smirk in the last panel only supports my theory.

But is equal status a necessary difference for classification? What if a Diagnostic Drone was helping D.0.C.?

They are both robots. They are slaves built solely for a specific role without the capability to act outside of that.

Mockingbird.

Hellcat.

I'm so pissed about Sam getting cucked that I have no energy to be upset at this

>Worse than Civil War II

Dude, it hasn't even touched CWII levels of shit yet. It's New Ultimates tier at best.

Mockingbird is better since it captures a bizarre feeling of not even sure what is actually happening and full of non-sequiturs. Champions is boring on top of other problems.

Remember the time Megatron captured Spider-Man and used his radioactive blood to create a fancy new kind of energon, which powered up his troops and made their energy blast take on the form of webbing?

>no tumblr nose

No good.

How do you get to this conclusion from "ghost stories"

DID YOU JUST ASSUME THEIR NORMATIVE FUNCTION AS SEPARATE EXISTENCES?

[TRIGGERED]

Tools exist to be used.

It's gotta be.

Microaggressions ARE trivial. Hence "micro".

Tearing into something bad is more enjoyable than enjoying something good.

>since it captures a bizarre feeling of not even sure what is actually happening and full of non-sequiturs.
There's zero effort needed in "capturing" that feeling. All you need to do is record your own stream of consciousness on paper. Your random thoughts are what create those non sequiturs.

That doesn't make your story "better" though.

Is this real? Is any of this real?

These two should be merged for full combo.

I think we need to see the next page or two for context to be able to tell if it's being played as a joke or not. It could be the setup for a pretty good joke if there's a good punchline on the next page.

Cho comes down from his jump on the next page, interrupting it.

There is no joke. There is no punchline. The ending of the book veers off into a completely unrelated development (Cho kissing Viv in Hulk form).

Maybe it was a reference to her brother's death whether or not he would have a soul or not.

this may be autismo as i've ever been but you're not even magic Viv, you're a robot! they all know you're alive, no-one called doctor strange to fix you, your dad called stark.
even if you but into them that wasn't a microaggression.
Can you imagine Data saying that? They'd have assumed he was Lore

Here's the page immediately preceding OP's page.

Here's the page immediately following OP's page.

The moment gets interrupted by Chulk so we're probably supposed to think that was serious

Also, reading , I think Waid is writing Vivian as a teenage blank slate. A mix between the stoic nature of Raven and the curious tendencies of Starfire.

Well that's stupid then.

I love the subtlety of the second one. The first one is tryhard.

If I hadn't read the interviews and known that Waid was the writer I would have thought this page to be a parody, but no, the entire issue consisted of kids triggering one another and it was played straight instead of showing how silly it is to have such thin skin.

It helps to characterize Viv as on line research made up a large part of her social preparation, where as her father had to learn through observation and academic study.

>It helps to characterize Viv
They were doing perfectly fine before that stupid shit

This. It can't be serious, can it? Even the person that initially coined the term "microaggression" has come forward recently and has said that it was never supposed to serve as a device to police how people talk or to shut them up.

reason.com/blog/2016/06/30/professor-who-popularized-microaggressio

was this already storytimed or is this from a preview?

storytimed yesterday.

>a character makes a joke
>Sup Forums takes it literally and gets extremely triggered over a perceived microaggression
The irony is worthy of O. Henry

thanks

It wasn't a joke.

this is waid we're talking about, god help us he meant it.
Sup Forums tried to convince itself that mockingbird was a parody too, the authors actions in bot cases make it unlikely.

Yes it is. It's a joke. It has a set up and a punchline. Kamala is made the fool of by Viv for comedic effect.

This does not function as any kind of soapbox pandering, what the fuck do you think this is even trying to say? And they wouldn't use Kamala as the bad guy in a scenario like this, that would require a degree of nuance and complexity in writing that Marvel isn't willing to do with stuff like this.

>This does not function as any kind of soapbox pandering, what the fuck do you think this is even trying to say?
I never said it was supposed to be soapbox pandering, I think it's Waid's interpretation of how kids behave. And how did this scene make Kamala the bad guy? She simply accidentally trampled on Viv's feelings which she immediately apologized for.

>I think it's Waid's interpretation of how kids behave.
I hate to break it to you, but this IS how kids behave

>how did this scene make Kamala the bad guy?
In a theoretical scenario where this is meant to be taken seriously as some sort of soapboxing, the only was that makes any kind of sense is if it's supposed to be a comment on how easy it is to commit microaggressions without realizing it, in which case Kamala is the transgressor.

Tom King is rolling in his graves of dead terrorists.

He's digging his writer's grave by being so vanilla with his Batman.

are you guys that autistic to not understand intentional jokes by the author? I mean yeah, the repetitive panels are dumb, but it's easy enough to see a "misunderstanding by thinking too hard" joke.

Except he's not. His run is so full of nuance for everything Batman that it's pretty amazing if you're paying attention.

People are having a hard time believing this to be a parody after issue 1 played them whipping out their phones next to a corpse and a bunch of traumatized women to check twitter straight.

>Vanilla
>Forgetting this

The day that Selinafags got triggered

they showed paramedics and cops helping the freed women before the phones went off.

There's still a time and place for that sort of behavior and that was not it.

so you idiots just want something to bitch about right

There are two schools of thought to this.

>"This is a parody. You stupid fuckwits can't possibly thing Waid is dumb enough to think this is how teens talk."

and

>"This is serious, Waid is fucking stupid enough to think this is how teens talk."

Until Wendsday, where people can ASK if this was a joke, we won't know.

Shit writing, not that hard to grasp.

It pretty clearly is a case of someone confusedly getting offended by something that not only isn't offensive, but wasn't even related to her.

So, probably.

No wonder she's pissed. Pussyblocking is an actual aggression.

I think there is adequate evidence to support the assertion that Waid is in fact stupid enough to think this is how teens talk.

Talk what you want about mango, but japs never recycle the same panel twice let alone six times

Why is this book so terrible?

1. Waid
2. Shit cast
3. Nu-Marvel

I really disliked how there was no buildup to anything.

Take the first issue. Kampala has concerns that the Avengers do nothing but fight villains, and there should be a group that helps out people (Waid has a huge boner for superheroes doing more than just fighting - see Kingdom Come's ending). That's all fine and dandy, so then they stop a mine collapse and they claim to fix it off-panel BUT THEN HUMAN TRAFFICKING WITH A JOKER RIPOFF AND NO KILLING BECAUSE KAMALA SAID SO RIP THIS GIRL HASHTAG CHAMPIONS

Second issue is like this, too. Champions go out on a camping trip to get to know each other better, which would feel more realistic is they weren't all in costume. Then Cyclops, who is out in the wilderness for no reason, comes in and the Champions debate including him or some shit BUT THEN Chulk and Viv kiss for some reason but it's dramatic tension?

Point is, nothing so far has actually dragged me into Marvel's Teen Titans. It just feels like Waid's going through the motions, without realizing what makes team comics so popular in the first place.

I'd have been fine with Kamala quitting the Avengers in a huff the way she did... if Damage Control Inc. *wasn't* an actual thing IN-UNIVERSE.

its not you retards just want to meme on it

It is Waid and Nu-Marvel. Those aren't up for debate. Shit cast? Nah not really, but they're being written like shit.