Fincher

>best director of his generation
>wastes his time doing pulp shit

What the fuck is his problem? He's currently doing episodes for a shitty netflix series and his next movie is World War Z 2. Why isn't he motivated to do something on the level of Zodiac or Social Network again?

He wants to spend time with his family.

Should he do Son of Perdition?

I haven't seen World War Z...but a sequel directed by Fincher is never really just a sequel. Can be interesting.

>best director of his generation
>not Wong Kar Wai
>not Jonathan Glazer
>not PTA
>not Lynch
cmon

wait, fincher is gonna direct WWZ2? Wtf

He's not your bitch and he can do whatever he wants.

t. definitely not Fincher

>one of the best visual directors
>wastes his time making 4 Avatar sequels

What the fuck is his problem?

The Netflix series is not shitty

>fincher
>cameron

fuck Sup Forums is so plen

>one of the best visual directors
oh yeah he knows how to pick those special effects guys
but then the scripts he choses always end up having explosions and armies...it's like an obsession of his. This guy has nothing to talk about but destruction.

Titanic is one of the greatest feats in movie history.

Mindhunters seems like something he's genuinely interested in.

WWZ 2...

>Brad Pitt asked him
>Big payday
>Might be genuinely interesting...maybe...sorta...maybe...
>Maybe he's asking for a huge budget for his next "real" picture and needs to do one for the team

Please. You won't rewatch this in 5 years.

>Best visual directors

Is he? He seem remarkably perfunctory visually. The production design and cinematography usually isn't somethign to write home about either.

He just pushes the limits of production - he's also, regardless of what any faggots say - a really, really, really good film writer. The material might be kinda shitty, maybe even packed with cliches and cheesy dialogue, but his scripts and movies flow like great novellas, not lazy formulaic genre scripts. They're actual "stories", rather than just set ups for a movie.

>>Maybe he's asking for a huge budget for his next "real" picture and needs to do one for the team
This. He has actually talked about "movies" and "films" and how he has to do some movies for the studios so that he can do some films too.

A zombie movie made by Fincher? Could be not-completely-awful, I guess.

I worked 5 days on Mindhunter with him AMA

Did he talk about Rooney's nips?

Just be grateful he gave us Alien Cubed.

How much of a departure would he be allowed to make from the first one though? That's the problem.

In fairness the Netflix show he has been working on looks pretty great.

But I agree that making a sequel to that awful bloodless zombie flick is a waste of his and everyone elses time for sure.

It is. I haven't seen the first one, but from what I heard it was not very good. Supposedly it had a darker ending too, but that was changed in production and they had to reshoot it.

This is the way every great auteur who worked in the studio system worked.

I take it back, his netflix series looks Zodiac-esque.

>Lynch
Go back to your faggot general

The best of this generation are either Lav Diaz or Joe.

He's a successor to de Palma. All visual gimmickry, no substance.

Would you really consider Lynch to be part of the same crop as PTA and Fincher?

protip
Fincher isn't that good

>tfw Dragon Tattoo sequels with the original cast and director never, ever

>>one of the best visual directors

The sequels are trash anyway. The only decent book is the first one.

How much did you interact with him personally? What is he like in general? What was your role?

he said hollywood wont take risk anymore

So why doesn’t he? He has enough money to make a film himself, it doesn’t have to be a big budget hollywood movie.
I guess it's because of his autist 50 takes per scene and the heavy use of CGI and filming green screen studios for every interior shot possible which cost quite a bit.

glazer...that's a funny joke loser