Opinions on this movie?

Opinions on this movie?

Other urls found in this thread:

pastebin.com/75NERz3V
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Pretensious. Try hard. Pseudointellectual. etc

overrated garbage which fedora-tippers pretend to like to seem smart.

>movie
a flick at best

GOTY of all times.

The games are better

It's a film but it's not very good
Tarkovsky's dialogue is embarrassing
Only Rerberg's cinematography saves it
>but he was fired
A lot of his footage was used and the rest of his footage was basically copied exactly, so for all intents and purposes, it's his

I got Shadow of Chernobyl recently. Are there some must have mods I should install before starting the game?

agreed. A lot more atmospheric and none of the waiting around

/thread

anyone who posts under this is a pseud

I watched this a week ago and i thought it was one of the worst movies ive seen

There were scenes so long i started watching on 2x speed and they were STILL slow (the cart scene) Literally every shot in the movie was too long.

And the end when his wife talks about how we cant have good things without the bad... wow how profound

It basically made me never want to check out another Tarkovsky film

Admittedly I have only read wikipedia about that, but it says none footage was used, because their problem was that the footage was in a bad film format to begin with, and the film was completely different
There is a documentary talking about the relation of the two, but I haven't watched it yet

>started watching on 2x speed

Are you me?

I've watched it, it's excellent
They reshot it a couple times with rerberg, so there was usable footage

the book is unironically better

pastebin.com/75NERz3V

they dont really have much in common

reading is for autists

I fell asleep after 30 minutes

maybe i'm a pleb, but i found it rather boring. best i can say for it is that it has incredible visuals that make it worth watching.

Literally kino, anyone who says other wise are brain dead plebs who probably voted Trump.

Are you ready for the all female version?

Only good because it inspired the best Dark Ambient album of all time.

Tarkovsky is perhaps the only director ever that did with movies something meaningful instead of degenerating them in an attempt to ape existing art forms. Every single one of his movies is a masterpiece made out of soul.

Some nice photographs stuck into two and a half hours of people walking. I can go and walk in the countryside myself, I don't need to watch other people doing it.

As has been said the film has great cinematography, and the locations are amazing.

The writer is the best character by far and has some great lines and insight.

The film is truly amazing when it gets going but there's so much downtime that kills rewatch value. Personally I blame the fact they had to make it a two part movie to get more money to shoot the film.

Overall it's a solid 8.5/10, a movie that sticks with you

What album?

Great movie

Agreed

Zerkalo is his best film but Stalker is amazing too.

>tfw you realize that in Zerkalo the silver screen itself is "the Mirror" and you're not watching a movie, but peering into the depths of your soul

Oh shit