Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=YcPPdlJFO48
youtube.com/watch?v=to8yh83jlXg
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

why

there's no good characters

just shallow archetypes with very little conflict

>It's a possibility
This means nothing. That's the dev team's response to literally any question because they don't like committing to any decision.

>no good characters

Why must you lie?

Just like you getting laid is a "possibility"

, a .

Fuck you man Reinhardt and Zenyatta are great.

Just like they said "Overwatch has gay characters" but won't say who. The fujos are gonna freak

>two rednecks
>good characters
If they weren't just ripoffs, sure.
You mean Old Man Iron Man and Robotbuddha?

What stories will you tell with them?

There's 2 antagonists in the whole game and they're both shallow as fuck.

No need to say, all male characters are homo for each other in the Overwatch universe. Even Winston.

>TFW dont play vidya
>have fallen in love with tracer and her peppy accent and personalititties and assestd
Now i am complete

Sounds like it would fit right on Sup Forums then

The only way I can see an Overwatch show working is if it was entirely episodic, because there's already inconsistencies appearing in the lore, and we've barely seen any of it.

>Old Man Iron Man
The fug? Thw two literally zero characterization in common. Not sayi g he's original, but get your comparisons straight.

Fuck off activision slave.

Judging from the recent games blizzard is really terrible at writing. So I don't care beyond the possibility for some curvy asses.

I think an overarching story could work if you could have Tracer wind up unstuck in time in the prolog during the test or a mission only for her to be brought back by Winston in the future where Overwatch is wrecked and everything looks like it's going pear-shaped.

She can then act as an audience surrogate whose own exploration of her new circumstances lets us into the setting and all the characters therein.

>still caring about overwatch

Wouldn't an ongoing story like a cartoon be where you get to establish more in depth characterization and conflict?

If by episodic you mean akin to the DCAU than I agree.

These so much chemistry between some of these characters, I'd be very interesting to see their canon interactions or expand on them Soldier 76/Reaper and Tracer/Widowmaker are ripe with potential.

(You)

Sounds right up Sup Forums's alley.

sure proved him wrong

Off of the top of my head:
Reaper and Widowmaker are both part of Talon, a mysterious organization that's hunting old overwatch agents and killing them, as well as assassinating the mechabuddha to add tenseness to the omnic right's movement, so there's a villainous organization complete with mooks and a mysterious but at the same time clear goal.
Several overwatch characters are in "Clean up crime, wander the earth mode" including S76, Reinhardt, MccRee, and Genji. Additionally Genji is dealing with the Shimada crime syndicate lead by his brother Hanzo

Omnic god programs that started the war in the first place are powering back up, like the one in Egypt that Pharah fought, the one that KEEPS attacking Korea, which is why D.Va's a pilot in the first place, and has prompted Russia to go full Pacific Rim again. Meanwhile Zarya is determined to be the best soldier she can be for Russia and stop the evil omnics single-handedly.
The Vishkar corporation is basically doing what it can to take over communities and turn them into profitable cyberpunk profit ghettos. They're clearly shady but Symmetra believes they're doing it to help people while Lucio is a freedom fighter who lead a revolt to kick them out of Brazil, so there's another storyline they can follow

Meanwhile Junkrat and Roadhog are raging criminals, Roadhog being responsible for nuking Australia, and Junkrat having access to some kind of "treasure" from an old omnic god program that he's trying to sell off to the highest bidder.

Overwatch is like LoL or other mobas: There's a fuckton of lore to make stories out of, but the game itself isn't designed to tell them. In other words: You're hilariously wrong about there not being any conflict or way to make a cartoon out of Overwatch.

>Soldier 76/Reaper
Yeah.

>Tracer/Widowmaker
Nah, there's literally no hints that they had any sort of relationship before Alive, it's just a ship made up by the fandom. People confused bad writing and shoddy acting with Tracer being personally hurt by Widowmaker's actions.

wow, literally not one of those characters stand out from one another.

She was the face of the game prelaunch,
Now she is trash tier

>rednecks

They are bogans you Amerifat cuntbasket

Zenyatta alone could be interesting. He seems to be on a well-deserved high horse, but relishes the idea of avenging his master by killing Widowmaker.

How would it play out?

Would it start with them already all formed as a team? With Episodes about backstory and Origin later?

Or a more story telling way where the first handful of episodes is forming Overwatch again?

The only way I can imagine an Overwatch cartoon is as a parody thereof. Like Sonic Boom.

Problem is, since Overwatch is lighthearted as fuck already, there's not much to parody in the first place.

I'd like it assuming it's less a "Follow the adventures of these main characters as other people make cameos" and more "Stories of overwatch 2-3 tales per episode"

>literally not one of those characters isn't waifubait
Like I said: right up Sup Forums's alley.

I feel like the logical starting point would be with the original strike team (Gabriel, Jack, Ana, Reinhardt, Torbjorn, and Mercy? I think) and then later add Tracer, Winston and Genji since they joined later.

what do you know

all the people in the animation industry went to videogames, and now it's getting reversed

what a time to be alive

Overwatch disbanded years ago and only Tracer answered Winston's recall. Everyone has their own story right now, and the overarching plot is about how they eventually come together to form new overwatch

With occasional flashbacks of old overwatch with young 76 and friends.

no? the way the were drawn is particularly bland.

the characters themselves are bland as a bed but that's an overstatement

>it's a Mercy Does something morally flexiable episode

symmetra and pharah look literally the same

>those thick, meaty hitboxes

Alive is all you need.

I'm not counting the fandom stuff, but what is there in canon can be built upon. Tracer is the peppy optimistic dreamer who was around during the tail end of Overwatch and didn't experience the full fallout. Widowmaker on the other hand was tortured and broken into being against the very organization she and her husband worked with for years, and as result is cold and emotionless.

It's a conflict of ideologies and circumstances, it's implied Tracer doesn't know who Widowmaker really is, how would she deal with the fact somebody she would've called an ally or friend in another time is now an enemy?

Jesus christ, are you really that blind?

That's just Meet the Medic.

>we get Captain America STYLED 76
>Young Reinhardt being Based as fuck
>Young(?) Mercy
>Young Winston
>Pre winter-soldier widow
>Reaper being Slade as fuck

I want this bad

This sounds like the best choice. We've only gotten brief canon moments in the present, with Dragons being the biggest one.

Dva/Mercy better by end game. If Pharahcucks win the mercy wars in pulling a Jihad

If Mercy ends up with someone it's probably going to be Genji. Lead writer/lore guy has a thing for it.

That's why you MAKE them actual characters, dingus.
That's how you turn a video game into a TV show. You focus on writing instead of gameplay.
How do you survive?

>its a D.Va episode

>Implying mercy is not a mad scientist

She can litreally bring people back from the dead, that got Implications at best

>Not D.va/Lucio

You can remove the question mark from "Young Mercy"
She was 17 when Ana was showing kindergarten Pharah off to the rest of her friends. This picture.

Good, Pharah is straight and has warrior genes to pass down.

An episode on how the Korean government grabbed a pro-gamer girl for her APM, threw her through training, and told her to fight the pacific rim sized AI omnic genocide machine would be pretty entertaining, especially if they make it so that her E-celeb stuff is just an act to hide "Holy fuck I almost died"

>Not 76/Mercy

Disgusting

Reeee, at least it isn't pharahcucks that win

>Roadhog and Junkrat were let in because no other prison could hold them, but they are effective can't deny that

>They work for overwatch because they could use their skills and if they ever went Awol the rest of the Overwatch team is there to secure them and lock them down and throw them in a special cell for a few weeks

>Episodes where whoever guards has to hear one of Junkrats stories on what he did before he joined Overwatch

>All of them blown completely out of proportion and crazy making no sense and portray Junkrat and Roadhog as good guys.

>Junkrat Gets to tell a crazy Story Episode

>She was 17 when Ana was showing kindergarten Pharah off to the rest of her friends.

Wait WHAT? Citation bloody needed

Nice meme

>Mei will never rest her boobs on your head

>Mercy became a doctor and head surgeon at one of the world's most prestigious hospitals and joined Overwatch before the age of 18
I mean, I know this is a video game with robots and gorillas from the moon and a woman whose heartbeat was slowed down to the point she turned blue, but I still have trouble wrapping my mind around that.

>flying blonde girl with mechanical wings
>the two brown girls
>the 200lbs pink haired strongwoman
>the purple girl
>not to mention it's fanart

user, stop using words you dont understand

>Implying reaper/Widow and Symettra aren't the BBEG's of the show
>Implying Junkrat isn't the levity Villian crazy silver aged bullshit
>Implying Roadhog isn't the more serious dark side to the duo

You know Blizzard could probably make it themselves and get Netflix to release it.

youtube.com/watch?v=YcPPdlJFO48

Remember that time Tony Stark graduated Harvard with dual PHDs in physics and engineering by the time he was 17?

Overwatch is a western comic book meets an anime. Everyone's a super young prodigy. Remember to shave 10 years off of Mei's age for her biological age.

Pharah was 12, my bad, but Mercy is only five years older than her, them being currently 32 and 37 respectively.

Widow and Symmetra are the hyper competent evil girls that work for the big bad
You're right about the other two.

>you'll never throw your back out or give yourself a hernia trying to princess carry Zayra

Why even live?

IIRC nobody from Blizzard has said anything regarding when the picture was taken, but Mercy is only five years older than Pharah so she was probably 12/13.

It worked for Skylanders

If after all you listed the thing that bothers you most is that, then you may have autism, user.

I hope we meet the other MEKA pilots. Would be funny if two of them were pastiches of Rei and Shinji.

>tfw it's going to be like sonic boom

That's what it should have been from the beginning.

I'm okay with this.

Symmetra's not evil so much as really misguided and naive. She legitimately thinks Vishkar is doing the right thing. She's also slightly autistic.

Poor Widowmaker got turned into someone at Talon's deviantart OC from when they were 15.

>Mei is technically a MILF
Thank you Blizzard.

>Overshit will get a series and TF2 never will
>TFW Valve fucked up deadlines like idiots for the TF2 Adult Swim series to be a thing

MAXIMUM ANGRY RIGHT NOW

>cartoon show
>will use CG
Why are we excited again?

She just needs a guy who can take it and hates Omnics as much as she does.

I refuse to believe this, didn't Mei say something about Mercy having "not aged a day" since they last talked? Which was from memory before mei went on Ice

It doesn't bother me. It's just one of those facts of the series I have to occasionally stop and rethink when I remember it.

>Widow and Symmetra are the hyper competent evil girls that work for the big bad

Wouldn't you sell your soul to the devil if he was the only one buying?

>slightly

Wasn't it litreally some kind of super autism?

Get in the damn robot D.va

Because if they set it as a 13 episode series with the quality of usual Blizzard animations it'll be amazing

Blizzard's pretty good with CGI
youtube.com/watch?v=to8yh83jlXg

Fuck no, if there is a devil there is a heaven and I ain't wasting my shot at that

Blizzard apparently shot down the theories that Mercy has ever had ulterior motives and that she's aging slowly/lying about her age. They basically killed any chance she had at being an interesting character because she's the fandom bicycle.

It won't though. You're deluded into thinking CG is impressive when it isn't.

I prefer Roadhog-Mercy, but what ever floats your boat.

>actual fully fledged stories to work from, instead of just lore
>cheaper to animate
>semi-serious, so probably easier to watch casually

Valve deserve to get fucked, but I wish they didn't hurt TF2 in the process

It's a "Junker misadventures starts out fun but goes acid fuck house after something reminds them of their irradiated homeland" episode.

I'd say something like this. Star with a very small group, have them slooowly recruit back up to a serviceable team, with a lot of the characters either being on their own side or being somewhat freelance.

Like, I could easily see 76 being approached and refusing to join Overwatch again because of what happened last time, and certainly not lead it again... and yet whenever shit gets real 76 always 'happens' to be around and lends a helping helix rocket. Despite his grumblings, he just can't keep himself away now that he knows the band is back together.

Talon is off doing evil Talon things, and Junkrat and Roadhog are just wild cards who play by their own rules, often to the detriment of anyone near them.

I see Mercy as more of a Pym character: she keeps trying to help, and sometimes she even manages to do good. But damn does she have a long list of times that 'helping' had horrible consequences.

Like trying to save Whatshisface and ending up with Reaper, a dude who is a constant state of dying over and over again tot he point that his body is nothing more than nanomachines frantically trying to repair a body that is no longer there.

WHERE

IS

SOMBRA

Depends on what your definition of super autism is, I guess. She can still hold conversations pretty easily, and she takes care of herself appearance wise. I guess it's difficult to tell how on the spectrum she is because even if she wasn't autistic, she's basically been brainwashed by Vishkar.

Blizzcon release m8

Probably alongside a new game mode or a new map

That really disappointing

Between Dad 76, Ana, Reinhardt and Reaper being sorta dead/Old it made sense that something wasn't quite right

It's cute because Roadhog is the one Tank that doesn't need someone to heal him, but he'll protect her anyway while pretending that isn't the case.

>making an Overwatch show
>when the characters and story are so bland that Blizzard tacks on more characters every chance they get and the gameplay conflicts with them constantly

And what animators do you expect to repeatedly work on the convoluted character designs?

If there was a cartoon coming we won't see it for years and that's only if the game popularity doesn't die out.