Why are millennials not buying houses?

Why are millennials not buying houses?

they cost too much and in debt for buying a piece of paper that says they wasted time studying art.

This.

Know the great part about renting an apartment?

When you break the shitter, you can call the landlord and scream until they send somebody to fix it.

When you own a home, and something breaks, you're shit outta luck. Fix it yourself or buy a new one.

because, many do not want to work - are unmotivated, and generally unreliable with little work ethic. HOWEVER

Those of us that do work ourselves to the bone, cant make enough to afford a fucking house, we work beside older people making double what we are for the same work.

because we are young, and havent earned it yet apparently, and then we get bitched at for not having houses.

families buy houses

Why the fuck would I need to buy a house I'm a single male.

I (((own))) a house. I'm 30. I guess I beat the odds.

They're saving the land and buildings for their immigrant masters

I had to fix my shitter once ever, and yes, it was a $350 expense. I've owned my home for 3 years and save an average of $400 a month vs renting. Your argument is invalid.

Because liberal/globalist policies are purposely fucking the American people economically and purposefully inflating the dollar to cause us all to be serfs

True story

>2008

Why do you think? We have no jobs because we pick retarded majors without researching the job market. Also, housing is expensive as fuck.

Same here, single male homeowner. I am white, so I guess that helps

Fear of commitment and an adulterous and rebellious and treacherous society

The need to feel independent and wanting to move away from their parents at an early age. Going into debt to pay insanely high dormitory costs or renting an apartment. And also not saving their money and spending on things they can't afford like $700 phones with $+70 monthly plans.

I live with my parents and I'm 25. I've managed to save $40k. I'm aiming to buy a house when I hit my late 20s/early 30s. My parents will sell the condo we currently live in and we'll live together in the new house.

>shits on his fellow young people
>get's mad when others shit on him

Damn that sucks. More than just the toilet itself break? When I was in undergrad I lived in a huge house with 15 other people. One dude was shitting and we threw some bottle rockets under door. He came out with shit everywhere and said a bottle rocket flew between his legs and blew up. He was obviously lying and threw it in the toilet. Anyways shitter cracked and only cost us 100$ to replace. Only had to replace the toilet itself though. Was worth it to see that dickhead come out with shit spattered all over his face and clothes.

Wang Qinbao?

>I'm aiming to buy a house when I hit my late 20s/early 30s. My parents will sell the condo we currently live in and we'll live together in the new house.

>buy a house
>still live with your parents
HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

>25
>live with parents

kys

Excellent post right here

All that follow your dreams crap

Exactly this. People are lazy and get worthless degrees that they owe tens of thousands on.

Nah my gf at the time had a fishtank and one of her fish died - asked me what to do with it but it was the middle of band practice so I jokingly told her to just flush it - and she did. This was like a foot long pleco. Anywho, long story short I broke the wax seal at the bottom of the toilet trying to plunge it and yeah apparently that's a $350 service job. I could have gotten a brand new toilet for like $50 more, in hindsight. Whatever. I got her to pay for it.

24, white, male, engineer, $78k, home owner.

Hate the idea of debt, but it was a necessary evil, so I put $40k down on the house and am hoping to pay it all off under 5 years.

Boomers want $225,000 for a shitty double wide on less than a half acre. I'm not wasting my money. Can't wait for the next housing crash so I can move in to something for a non-inflated price.

In Canada our real estate gets whored out to the highest foreign bidder because we have no rules regarding foreign ownership.

Being on the world market inflates prices beyond what the locals can afford. You can make $150k/year and still unable to afford a home in Vancouver.

Because they stupidly loaded up on debt already via student loans.

And they all work shitty minimum wage jobs, so the amount of debt they can service is permanently low, and the government got to them first.

And a lot of them having figure out that debt is a trap for them (those good jobs all went away), they don't seem to be too excited about taking on more debt.

And the houses that are built are all way too big and expensive for a first time homebuyer anyway. They need 1950s style small entry level houses, but nobody's building those anymore due to stupid regulations. And the few Millenials that can qualify for a mortgage, they get to fight over those 1950s breadboxes as they become available for purchase.

wtf u talking about nigga I just bought one and I'm 23

Because most millennials here in the Netherlands can't afford it.

Dumbass college choices, being desperate to live in the Degenerate Republic of El-Amsterdam instead of moving 10 minutes further by car... probably because they can't afford one of those either, being unable to hold a steady job in the first place thanks to poor parenting, et cetera, et cetera.

I know only one millennial family that actually bought their house, and it's only the wife who's the millennial. It's pathetic and millennials need to man the fuck up and sort this shit for themselves.

>they're all liberals

We're fucked.

>40k down
Wow, fucking nice dude.

>Vancouver
Vancouver is literally the Portland of Canada. Live somewhere better.

Just bought a house in a middle class white neighborhood at 24 with no college education. Spend less time on whining and more time learning a trade.

They are overpriced
Property Taxes
Single Male - I don't need the space
LOTS of bullshit paper work
Cost of maintaining the home
Time of maintaining the home

I'm renting and I'm looking to buy a home because each month that I pay $750 to rent, it is just going into thin air. I'd like that $750 to go to an investment, but I'll be damned if I can get a good home cheap enough to have a $750-$900 a month mortgage.

I'm not going to get into the trap of fucking working 40hr a week with nothing to show for it but to merely stay afloat. I want to still have some disposable cash.
Right now I could spend like $5,000 on a whim and be okay financially.

Because career advancement now generally requires mobility. You can't just work 30 years at the same place and go from an entry level position to being a wealthy executive.

I don't want to have to pass up an opportunity for success because I'm sitting shackled to a bank loan on some shitty pile of wood on a piece of dirt.

I do a similar thing, living with parents at 23 but I have over $120K in the bank with a maxed out TFSA of $36K. You have no expenses, at 25 you should have much more than $40K.

Also you're going to need much more than that to buy a house.

>buying a house
>not buying acres of land instead

stay servile, Sup Forums

is this girl from esports the poster child for "millennials" on Sup Forums or is it just some autistic faggot that keeps posting her pictures and making millennial threads while jacking off?

>buying a house in this economy

I live in San Antonio and The housing market here is great so I was able to buy a good starter home for $170K at age 23. It also helps that I'm in the Military.

Soe is Jewish.

Any room for a native living KY? I hate this state and I want to move back to the motherland.

Gooks ruined the housing market.

Maybe because you can never really own property in the US. Can't pay property tax? Bye bye house

I rented an apartment for a while. Corporate landlord decided we all needed new toilets and a rent increase. At the time, they knew they had us by the balls, so up went the rent. And the new toilet they installed leaked because some numbnuts overtorqued one of the bolts on the tank.

So I complained to property management and they gave me a work order. Do you know how long it took them to come by to fix it? 6 weeks.

Yes, I could've had it fixed myself, but if I'm renting I'll be damned if I'm going to pay to do anything to their property. So I rigged up a pump to catch the water and it sat there until one day they showed up out of the blue and fixed it.

Another apartment, the skylight blew off during some wind. It took them a week to fix that. I wasn't too pissed at them because I was scheduled to move into a paid-for house anyway.

So, no, there's nothing great about renting an apartment. Most landlords don't want to do shit for you, all they want is that rent check at the 1st of the month and that's it.

Of course, brother. There's plenty of space out here in and out of city limits. I'm from Austin and have already decided that I will be retiring here.

She is going to age horribly.

researching the job market is a meme

there is a million other college kids the same age thinking the exact same way. Oh the tech industry is growing so I'll get rich in tech! They don't realize that by the time they are finished with their training that they will be competing in a saturated market, because everybody else fell for the same exact meme

I'm a miliennial and I bought my first house before thirty. It cost over $500,000 and it is a great investment.

Don't you have to wait like 40+ years?

>So I complained to property management and they gave me a work order. Do you know how long it took them to come by to fix it? 6 weeks.

That's the benefit of having a wife. She can call and bitch at them every day while you're at work. Eventually they'll fix it faster just so they'll stop hearing her bitch every day.

Does not the landlord add the cost of fixing it to your rent?

I was like you once. Willing to move for any new job. Moving constantly eventually takes a toll on you, it's like acid that gently corrodes you over time. Run while you can, but plan for a time when you can't run no more.

>doing your research is bad
wut, you're gonna blindly pick a major and HOPE that there's a chance you can find a job? That's the entire reason nobody has a job.
I'll be visiting my grandmother in San Antonio for Christmas, makes me happy to return to TX every year.

When your shitter breaks in your house, you buy a $30 part and fix it.

When your shitter breaks in an apartment, your landlord pays a plumber $300 to fix it and he raises your monthly rent 6% next year to cover the additional expenses.

33. bought a house 2 years ago. couldn't have done it without help from my dad for the down payment. 305k, 1500 sqft, 1/4 acre lot, about an hour outside NYC. appraised for 320k. overall pretty happy. mortgage payment is 2k, taxes included (taxes are fucking nuts here, like 700 a month). but renting a 2 bedroom around here would be 2k+ easily. so happy to not be renting anymore. and should have enough saved up to pay my dad back next year for the down payment.

so, the reason most people aren't buying is because they can't save enough for a down payment while paying ever increasing rents. unless you have an awesome parent like i do, good luck.

But.. I am buying a house.
I'm doing everything Sup Forums says I should do:
Marry a woman - check
Have kids - check
closing a deal on new house - in progress
The only thing i'm not doing is working out, but I have plans to when we are done decorating.

To retire from the Military? Not at all. I can retire at 15 years if I wanted to or I can try for 20. I won't be rich but I'll be getting a decent check for the rest of my life on top whatever other income I'll be receiving. And that's not even including disability if I get fucked up somehow.

>pointing out a woman's bitchiness as being a positive for marriage
user...

>breaking a toilet
how fucking fat do you have to be?

Oh, forgot to put my age:
>20

land for what? in most cases owning acres of land is as pointless as having a "star named after you"

Your fucking racist.

How do i downvote here?

Millenials were teenagers when the housing bubble popped. They just don't take the idea that an expensive house is an "investment" for granted the same way that their parents do.

Hell, has the jury even come back yet on whether or not they're wrong?

That's /fit/ that's telling you to work out, not Sup Forums

That's in fucking sane. And everybody in the U.S wonders why most young people tend to live with their parents. For me, it's either pay 350 dollars a month to live with my parents, or 500-800 dollars a month to live in an apartment. Or pay 5k to live in a college dorm for 4 months, fuck that shit.

>want to update room, sick of ugly white kitchen

>can't BC don't own the fucking place

>indulging in the four-walled Jew
Not today, schlomo

That's to good to hear, I love it here in Texas. I honestly couldn't see myself anywhere else. I just hope that liberal hippie bullshit doesn't spread down here from Austin.

Ooohh. I just thought since I see the threads on Sup Forums every once in a while that being fit was a achievement and life goal.

My dad worked in private equity, basically fixing up newly acquired companies and flipping them, so I grew up never living more than two or three years in one place.

I guess I don't know what I'm missing, but I really never developed a concept of home. I figure I'm doomed to follow in his footsteps and be a soulless careerist until I retire.

You're retarded blaming "le boomers." Unless youre paying cash its impossible to pay more than the market value.

tbqhfam it is. Nagging and the ability of women to complain until shit gets done is a prime motivator of men towards greater things.

You just need a woman who uses it for actual good instead of just fulfilling short-term selfish desires.

26 and own a house.

Why do we get this shit thread every few hours?

Fuck off please.

It's a beneficial thing in some instance.
Women can justifiably whine about things that you cant, and get help.

If you told your landlord that the shower head drips and it's annoying, they might tell you to man the fuck up and deal with it.

Not if you have a wife and baby at home.

I don't have a real job and they're fucking expensive.

>I broke the wax seal at the bottom of the toilet trying to plunge it and yeah apparently that's a $350 service job

Lol, that wax ring is $2.50 at Home Depot and can be replaced in less than 30 minutes.

you did this backwards. I mean, yeah, kids after marriage, sure - but financial stability comes first. I suppose a combined income can do a lot - just know that the two of you are now stuck because of that alone (now you've got kid[s] too). Good luck, but I'd rather not be in that situation.

Housing market is going to burst again by 2020. It is known

>ITT: 20yr olds who wasted money on cheap houses in the middle of bum fuck nowhere making others feel bad.

so how was it going to college for free?

for the average millennial:
>the people who didn't go to college, they don't make enough money to own a house, and would need dual income to buy one maybe 10-20 years after graduating high school. they work in retail/service mostly.
>people who did go to college, they have too much debt and are underemployed because boomers won't retire from their professional jobs, so they won't be able to afford a house for maybe 5-10 years after college, should be coming up in a few years
>for people who grew up rich like the guy I quoted above, they are buying houses, there's not many of them

this guy is both right and wrong. I'm 29 working a niche area in tech (data science) making 80k, and it takes 3+ months just to find someone qualified for a position, and most job postings only have 2-3 candidates interviewing for them at most. there's a huge shortage of skilled workers in some areas of tech, and there will be for a long time with specialized roles like data science

My parents don't charge me rent and I get along with them. I save $1000 a month more than I would if I tried to live on my own. I've got $40,000 to my name and it's only growing.

Why should I move out and get a house?

do we have to have this thread every day? You could have bought a millennial a house on your shill shekels by now you mental dumpster baby

>23 years old
>youngest of 7, raised in poverty
>bought a house last month

liberals are just fucking retarded

I'm aware. And maybe you missed the part where I said she paid for it.

Based fucking response. Also oldfag detected. The meme replies are hilarious. Sup Forums is so full of cucks it's not even a joke anymore, it's reality.

Wanna know the great part about getting somebody else to fix it?

You dont need to pick up a heavy ass toilet, or clean up feces water.

poor as shit thats why

>meanwhile I'm living in glorious San Francisco and doling out 4k a month in rent that I'll never see again
This is you.

Nothing backwards about it. We had our first apartment right after high school, and we decided it was best if I was the sole breadwinner and she was the caretaker of the house.
So we're 20 with two little ones and to be honest we're both happy with our roles. She cooks and cleans and I work and get to come home to my loving wife.

Why bother with 40K down? Interest rates are low as fuck. My mortgage was only like $270 /mo more expensive per month when I only put down 25K vs 50K. And once I get 22% equity, it's going down to $200/mo more.

I'm going to be renting out rooms to a few friends, and basically paying double the mortgage every month, so It will be paid off pretty quick too.

>move to a new apartment

Nigga like I got money for that

A toilet weighs 50lbs max

they can only afford shacks?

Good job so far, you aren't in much debt

Cuz boomers destroyed the market

Why do renters think they don't pay for repairs or property taxes? Do you realize that your landlords make a living through you paying more than the cost to own?

Do you think that your landlord is bernie sanders and he's buying you stuff out of the goodness of his heart?

A toilet takes 10 minutes to replace... and it doesn't even weigh that much. The worst part about replacing a toilet is paying 70 bucks for a new one.

sauce