It's a "character gets rich, becomes an asshole, loses the money, and goes back to normal" episode

>It's a "character gets rich, becomes an asshole, loses the money, and goes back to normal" episode

Why the FUCK can't a character become rich in a show and just keep the money without becoming a shit?

>inb4 steven universe

It's meant to show money can't buy you happiness or that wealth can corrupt or something like that

most people become assholes the moment they get any kind of popularity or something that puts them above normal people

>It's a "Asshole character seems to learn a lesson and is cool, then becomes an asshole or even worse before the end of the episode"

HOW BOUT THEY KEEP THE CHARACTER CHILL?

>Why the FUCK can't a character become rich in a show and just keep the money without becoming a shit?

HEY SHAKE A LEG

Chloe made Mr Turner rich in the season premiere because of a tip in the stock market and the family is still rich around 15 episodes in

Why is SU so based?

What about richie rich?

That's because Greg was already shit

>It's a friendly brute character becomes smart, but doesn't become an asshole, instead they want the old dumbass back for their own gain, even if it means not discovering cold fusion.

how did we allow these two shows to be the only ones with enough balls to do something like this?

Ye olde "rich people are evil" meme.

Because they want to teach poor people that they're poor because they're subhuman.

>It's a brainy know-it-all character gets outsmarted/one-upped and becomes an autistic madman because their ego can't handle not being the smartest person in the room

I like these

>Down to earth dad that tries his best for his son
>Shit

I like how his being rich just becomes a casual part of his character after that.

>Oh, what do I care? I'm rich.

Because that's generally what happens in real life when people get a ton of cash. There's a distinction between having lots of spending money and being obnoxiously rich.

Because money doesn't change you, it just makes you more of who you are

Gg tripfag gg

This was the best thing to happen to Mr Turner's character in 6 or 7 seasons

>It's a "character becomes rich but then throws all the money away accidentally" episode
FUCK YOU, TODD

The point of rivalries shouldn´t be to drag down your superiors to your level, rather, it should be about stepping up above your superior's level.

>Character is rich
>Still manages to be a pretty nice guy/girl

DONT FUCKING REMIND ME OF THAT SHIT
TODD IS GENDERFLUID FOXKIN TOO NOW BECAUSE HE WONT FUCK A GIRL
FUCK

because, just like giveing someone anonymity, giving someone mass wealth shows how they truly are in the inside.

Spoiler: rich people are assholes and awful.

>Doesn't send his kid to school
>Still lives in a van
>Lets aliens raise his son
>Lets his son go on life threatening voyages to hostile environments
>Not shit

Yeah, he's a paragon of fatherhood.

the gems handle his education
he prefers it that way
because they were far better suited to handling the "magical" aspect of his life
he was not aware of the nature of the missions, in any case the gems left him out of the really dangerous missions until recently, now that steven can handle his powers better

>Why the FUCK can't a character become rich in a show and just keep the money without becoming a shit?
Simple: cartoonists aren't rich. Therefore, they're envious. But they can't admit that to themselves because it would mean admitting to a negative trait, as well as to being dissatisfied with an aspect of life. Thus, instead they console themselves by deciding that all rich people are assholes, and money makes you a cunt. This is not dissimilar to the old fable about a fox who IT'S SOUR GRAPES, RETARD, IT'S JUST SOUR GRAPES

The way they reset Todd was so over the top, it went all they way from lazy to hilarious

>be one of the four creatures on Earth capable of fighting corrupted gems and Homeworld forces
>"You have to go to school and learn things you'll never use. Who cares how many lives are lost while you're sitting in a classroom."

Stevie U is simply an all around ballsy show.

Even the fact that it's got so much crying is ballsy, you know it's true.

Steven Universe

People who just happen to become rich (lottery winners, child to millionaires, etc...) are usually pretty shitty.
You usually have to earn your title as a millionaire to really appreciate what you have.

He doesn't become rich (as far as I know) he just is rich.
I guess the lesson here is we shouldn't try and rise above our station.