/tpg/ - Twin Peaks General

*Record Scratch* You're Probably Wondering How I Ended Up Like This Edition

pastebin.com/mcKYsFib

Previously:

Other urls found in this thread:

pastebin.com/mcKYsFib
ozba.wordpress.com/2017/08/31/twin-peaks-audrey-billy-and-living-inside-a-dream/
strawpoll.me/13870391
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Lil a qt

>no set design, feels empty and lifeless
>no interesting ideas for storylines and generally bad writing
>relies on gimmicks only instead
>those are unoriginal or just bad, unfortunately ("fuck you, albert", glove, andy and lucy, coordinates, riddles, ...)
>bad acting (Bell, Lynch, Horse, Robertson, Dern, ...)
>dull characters (one-dimensional at best)
>storylines and characters are introduced for no purpose
>everything is supposed to weirdly connect and make sense
>shot in digital in a way that doesn't compensate for the technology's disadvantages (looks bad)
>roadhouse scenes (out of place, badly shot, the songs, the bands, the extras, ...)
>student-tier storytelling/editing (characters are shown walking up complete sets of stairs)
>stretched out needlessly, long takes have no particular effect
>obviously delusional and/or inexperienced fanbase perceiving it as particularly meaningful, complex or "deep"
>can't compare to the original series that doesn't have those problems (coherent/complex and beautiful sets, costumes and make-up/well shot/well acted/well written/magnificent multi-dimensional characters and character relations, music, storylines and gimmicks/creates a unique athmosphere as a result, changing the world of television forever whereas "the return" neither manages to do something established really good nor to invent something new)
>extended pitch black scenes because of a lack of a competent cinematographer
>audio issues with microphone static left unaddressed because of poor sound design
>extremely poor editing with magically disappearing extras and production staff accidentally walking into frame
>somehow the best thing in tv history

>pastebin.com/mcKYsFib

What's "Croatia may-may"?

The ending was very kafkaesque.

So basically Dougie fucked two sisters.

it was intentional

OP is a faggot

ozba.wordpress.com/2017/08/31/twin-peaks-audrey-billy-and-living-inside-a-dream/

Thoughts lad?

idk I found it pretty funny

It is happening again.

dubs and bowie shows up next episode

nice

>What's your problem with the consistency of jiao dé meaning "scream" in chinese?
What I'm against is "jiao dé" meaning "to explain", meaning that the NEGATIVE FORCE is explaining things and that nothing should be resolved.
The thing is that "jiaode" can mean a lot of things. It can also mean "Angle", for example. And if we're being strict, "Jowday" can be transcribed in a lot more ways other than "jiaode" because of how their phonetics work. We can also imagine it's suposed to be "juédé", which means "to feel". Deep, huh?
It becomes even wider if we accept that Gordon can't pronounce shit. If he says "Kale" when he tries to say "Kyle", how the fuck are we supposed to know what he's trying to say when he pronounces "Jowday"? We don't even know if it's Chinese, for fuck's sake.
To me it feels like people are trying to force that ambiguous word into what meaning sounds cooler, not unlike how people choose what their name means in Chinese.
Dale Cooper (戴尔 库珀 Dài'ěr Kùpò) means "wear like so the amber library". DEEP, HUH?

>people think it was a bad ending
Lynch just shot it that way. He focused on the negatives because that's his style. Laura is alive and still in bed when Sarah is calling her on that morning in the pilot when she's already dead. Coop is probably erased from existence, but he did it stop Laura from dying in the first place.

And don't say "oh yeah what a great ending, waking up and your father is on top of you again." BOB was destroyed and never exists in the new timeline, probably Judy as well. But that's uninteresting to Lynch, so we don't see any of it.

ONE

ONE

NINE

bobe

More on Cooper's Mistake. What went wrong if he followed the Fireman's instructions?

Answer: he trusted MIKE and thus spread the Fire. When MIKE excitedly recited the Fire Walk With Me poem, he initiated Cooper into the ranks of the "magicians", who operate through lodgespace to actively enact their will upon the dream.

Instead of restoring his identity to 100% through context clues like he did as "Dougie", thus achieving total Dale Cooper happiness (which he also transferred to us, the viewers), Dale instead held onto his Dale Cooper identity while losing things that defined it. It is why Diane does not recognize him anymore, and also why the whole atmosphere seems somehow bleaker, even though nothing nightmarish is happening, compared to the main Twin Peaks reality, which is now rampant with wormholes, woodsmen, zombie kids and drug addicts.

Cooper forgot what made him Cooper, abandoned love and thus is at a risk of being stranded in a reality that is no longer about the girl that lived down the lane. Laura hearing her name in the end gives some hope though.

huh........rly maeks u tihnk

Twin Peaks is Lynch dreaming. The actors are people he knows in his real life.

Called it.

You saw it here first, folks.

Well now

Who gives a shit?

They're trying to explain a plot line with an ambiguous end without trying to explain the thematic significance. You aren't ever going to get an "canon" answer, so rather, ask how does this fit into what David Lynch was trying to accomplish with season 3.

the pleb cunt 87394303 who denies the connection should definitely off himself.
yeah you, if you read this, find the nearest bridge (those are the things you fail to identify in the CAPTCHA, you blind pig) and jump off of it.

Call for help.

can't wait for next weeks episode. so excited to see what happens with richard and carrie wherever they are

>Dale Cooper (戴尔 库珀 Dài'ěr Kùpò) means "wear like so the amber library"
Damn... This actually explains a lot.

How was Bob destroyed if time was changed to the point Cooper would never have arrived?

It makes no sense. Time travel makes no sense. Cooper failed, that's why Laura vanished.

So basically, "who is the dreamer" is this series equivalent of "who killed Laura Palmer"
only this time, we're never going to get the answer, like was the original series plan. I wouldn't be surprised if what Laura whispered in Coopers ear was the actual answer. But I don't think Lynch & Frost actually have an answer for it cause they don't need one.

>Lynch just shot it that way. He focused on the negatives because that's his style
Counter-argument: Inland Empire.

user, I...

8 episodes of dougie, episodes 9-10 replaced by the finale, then 8 episodes of that

Let's post this on Reddit so that they start doing more crappy theories.

lmao you got a point. But still, you can resort to what Cole says:

"an extreme negative force, called in olden times 'jao dey'"

Cole's "jao dey" = an entity, an extreme negative force

period. everything else, including what it could come from (not even necessarily chinese) is interpretation.

I want to believe, but it just doesn't line up with how dismal everything else seems. All the death, cancer, dementia and horror. Why would Lynch want us to feel so lost and scared like Cooper if it wasn't a bad end?

And it's not the first time we heard Sarah calling out for Laura. We got that scene when Gordon was in the hotel.

And we're not even sure Laura goes back on with her life. She was torn away when Cooper tried to save her. Same as in the Lodge. The question is, what's pulling her away, because that's what probably happened at the end too.

I don't think he was trying to accomplish anything. He just had some ideas, and the money and talent was there. I highly doubt anything we saw in the new season differs from what David Lynch probably daydreams about everyday. Mark Frost probably stuck it together into the semi-cohesion we saw. Lynch could continue Twin Peaks indefinitely if he really wanted, but it wouldn't make a lick of sense to anyone. In the end it would bleed into everything else he's done.

I think the idea is that lodge entities (mother/bob/coop/tremonds) are higher beings that exist consistently throughout time and space so future/past stuff doesn't really effect them. For what's it's worth i agree with you and have cooled on the series now that it's timeline stuff. i still liked it and happy to have seen something like it though.

Does David Lynch just get a hard on every time Laura starts screaming? I'm starting to think that that might be the only reason why Twin Peaks exists.

>"magicians", who operate through lodgespace to actively enact their will upon the dream.

that's a bit too far out there, if you ask me.

Evil forces won't just watch as he creates an environment that is a good compromise to having Laura killed in that original timeline. They jeopardize his attempt by replacing the Palmer house / owners or kicking him into a different year altogether ("What year is this?").

Jao Dey = The Scream

I thought I was the only one.

>didn't get the first post
S L I P P I N G

lmao

Twin Peaks S3 is Lynch trying to continue a series he has down a little over 25 years ago, which includes a lot of riddles, surreal moments, stolen references from art history and a little bit of original content. Frost and Lynch originally wanted to tell the story of why Marylin Monroe was killed by the Kennedy clan, but they digressed ... A LOT.

NO

-->

What if we didn't get Lynched but FROSTED?

Pfff, like that invalidates anything.

It's frostbitten newfag

I bet you call Grinman "Cockmongler" too.

i can't believe lynch actually managed to top s2e29

The Final Dossier will be the Frosting

so what's the consensus on when coop actually saw the fireman in the opening scene? post Jeffries, pre saving Laura? similar fades on him.

WE

You mean the icing.. the icing on the lynchcake.

SARAH IS NOT JUDY FOR FUCKS SAKE.

This has to stop. The Frogmoth is not Judy, how does that make any sense? The frogmoth has the nose of The Jumping Man and we saw that in Sarah when she took her face off.

The portal they step through when they go meet Jeffries, the room with the wallpaper, this the home of the Palmer's. It is the dream Laura had in the movie, she sees herself in a photo and steps into it, it's their home but a twisted version of it.

When we enter that place, both times in The Return, we see The Jumping Man, this is Sarah in her home, her grief and pain manifested through the intense turmoil we see in The Jumping Man, her face is literally on him for fucks sake, could it be more clear than that? It's as if he's stuck playing over the events of her death, in a constant state of total despair.

pff, like that is the definitive answer.
why don't you write Lynch a fan mail with
"I got it, Mr. Lynch! It's definitely chinese, isn't it! It's definitely the explanation that I insist on!"

>what Bob originally was
Judy (The Experiment) "gave birth" to BOB.

>sees herself in a painting
it's a photograph.

>The frogmoth has the nose of The Jumping Man
arguable assumption.

>her face is literally on him for fucks sake
So why does the boy ("fell a victim") above the convenience store wear the mask as well (jumping on the street)? These are two seperate characters.

>then The Jumping Man is the spirit that takes on the emotional turmoil of the victims they leave behind
wild speculation that doesn't have any base, but hey it's your interpretation.

three days and I don't think I've seen any scenes with vedder's face superimposed over them. what a fucking disgrace this thread is,

So was it a dream or multiple universes?

you keep copypasting your shit

I think it's because the people with shit humor have left.

What the hell are you talking about? Twin Peaks has some awesome set design. That's not lifeless at all!

if sarah was jumping man she would have known about bob. next.

What would Lynch say if I was to contact him via social media and just say

>Come on man, just give me all the answers to Twin Peaks

Maybe he would be

>Oh fuck it, he did dare to ask, I might as well tell him everything

sub 50 IQ

user you are clearly incorrigibly left-brained

what's this from? this looks kino as fuck

>like that is the definitive answer.

I'm gonna scream if you don't stop putting implications in my keyboard.

top kwestions about E18

if it is a different time line and Sarah became this woman, why would he want to show her the Palmer-house? Did she lose her memory when she was sucked away in the forrest?
Was that shot of Lee sitting on the sofa in a nice evening dress planted to spread wrong conclusions?

jao dey right away, faggot. if it makes you feel better.

Man, rewatching the pilot, you guys remember these two barking like animals? Like the two in the cell this season.

Must be the reason I'm conservative and a passionate monarchist.

Sheryl Lee

Bob's the man

How's Annie?

sub 30 IQ

thanks for sharing that

THIS ISN'T FUCKING MIKE

>The frogmoth has the nose of The Jumping Man
no it doesn't. normal proboscis of million bugs.
>we saw that in Sarah when she took her face off.
no we didn't. jumping man's nose is T H I C C.

sarah may be bug but not jumping man. try to keep up son.

sub 1 IQ

Just finished watching the finale.

WTF was her problem?

just imagine how many lads

source?!

Consider the following:

>Jeffries says "this is where you'll find Judy" before showing him the owl symbol breaking apart so that the twin peaks (black and white lodges) form an infinity symbol and a ball is rotated then returns to its starting position
>it's a trajectory of time and shows that Earth has a parallel of itself where Judy is located
>when Coop and Diane travel in the car it switches from day to night because they've jumped into the parallel universe
>Coop remembers who he is but Diane becomes Linda because she was essentially luggage when they crossed over
>this is the doppelganger universe where Mr. C and all the other doppelgangers came from, and his real name was Richard
>Richard and Linda were polar opposites of Coop and Diane, right down to their sexual behavior (Rich/Linda like it rough which is why Rich ended up raping Diane and why Linda was gripping Coop's face, then left because she felt like their love was gone)
>Rich crossed to Coop's world while Coop was in the black lodge and Coop did the same, which is why they weren't merged into one person
>Rich raped Audrey to create Richard Horne who was born a sociopath because he is the product of cross dimensional sex: he has no doppelganger
Rich's true goal was "wanting" Judy because he wanted to collapse Coop's world (the world we've seen thus far) and return to his because he had a similar love for Linda
>Coop inadvertently achieved what Rich was trying to do within a few hours and collapsed Rich's world to save Laura

I could keep going but I'm starting to see holes in my own theory.

She realised that she was Annie all the time

No probs mate!

Just wanted to point out my British superiority while I'm already here is all.

As Macbeth said to Hamlet in A Midsummer Night’s Dream, “We’ve been done up like a couple of kippers”

that pic is ju dah, an ancient extreme negative force

Was this ever explained? I missed the scene where Laura became a burn victim.

>It Ain't Me starts playing

strawpoll.me/13870391
strawpoll.me/13870391
strawpoll.me/13870391
strawpoll.me/13870391
strawpoll.me/13870391

Keep the poll alive

Is she a good actress or does she just scream well?

it's the same goddamn thing to lynch

ITT niggas who still don't understand Lynch was trying to define then break a sort of fifth wall. It's new and obviously rich territory to try and explore. This was a show about a show that people used to watch a long time ago and a show about the people that are watching it now. Theoryfags trying to deconstruct just what happened in the story are sort of looking in the wrong direction. Criticaltheoryfags trying to deconstruct how the show interacted with nostalgia, expectation and the nature of broadcast television itself seem far closer to the truth here.

I'm gonna be real here and say that I legitimately think Frost & Lynch just threw a bunch of shit together, unfinished ideas, red herrings and made a tv show out of it. I don't think there is anything to figure out, I think it's all just random stuff they threw at the wall they were hoping people would make sense for them. I think Frost & Lynch couldn't come up with anything solid, so they just said fuck it. They're both probably secretly laughing at everyone trying to figure it out.

She looks like some Hitchcock blonde.

I mean, couldn't that just be a way of expanding on a theme? Theme dictates structure and style.

the resemblence is truly striking.