Only in America could something so stupid be considered a masterpiece

Only in America could something so stupid be considered a masterpiece.

>HUR HE DRINKS COCA COLA. JUST LIKE ME!

Looks like a dr pepper actually.

you just hate it because he plays for Bama

this movie is america in a nutshell: a bumbling retard stumbles into wealth by luck

This movie is incredibly disingenuous, as it's basically derisive but clearly aims to appeal to people who don't perceive the contempt.

Remember when this won best picture over Pulp Fiction and The Shawshank Redemption?

Nah. Real life is more like
>tribe of merchants swindles their way to wealth and political power due to stupid restrictions on finance imposed on the rest of the population by their religion

2deep4u

Its about how all of us even the layman are a part of a greater history and national legacy and we just don't know or see it at the time cause we lack perspective.

Obviously none of us have experienced all the momest Forest Gump did but that kinda plays into the absurdity of it all. That it would be funny if there existed a guy like that and we only don't know about him because he qas too stupid or humble to brag about it.

Stumbled into wealth? By that do you mean literally sailing across and ocean, finding a new continent and building the most succesful country of all time from nothing but dirt?

the fact that you think poor people in america stumble into wealth at all says a lot about how naive you are. people in the US aren't successful by anything so fickle. they meet or know the right people, or they're born to parents who have lots of leverage and resources. those advantages compound. at every step along the way, you can fuck up and lose it all, but climbing *up* the ranks is basically impossible.

why do americans drink a soda that tastes like medicine?

why are americans so easy to rile up? such a sensitive people

Forrest Gump was basically just nostalgia fap fuel for Baby Boomers, which is why it was considered such a classic at the time.

>Wow, remember BEATLEMANIA!?
>Where were YOU when Kennedy was shot!?
>Oh my gosh, Vietnam, so pointless, amirite?
>Remember hippies and free love and oh no Kent State!?
>Nixon was the worst president ever!
>The civil rights movement we've come so far oh man

Ready Player One is just going to be Forrest Gump for 80s kids and it will be equally praised for all the same shallow reasons.

It tried too hard to be Being There. Forest is good, but not great.

Freedumb

why do you think either of us is riled up?

This movie is about conservative vs liberal values.

Even a retard can succeed and reap the rewards in society if you follow conservative values and focus on yourself and following the rules.

Then we have the liberal "free" drug-worshipping whore who cant survive even in the smallest society she built around herself.

>COCA COLA
Guaranteed replies. Excellent bait.

Holy shit imagine being so stupid

imagine being mad over text

Explain

>retards call cocas cola

>if you follow conservative values

What conservative values did Forrest follow?

Have you even seen the movie?

lmao americans are fat and stupid

>follow conservative values
Name one explicitly conservative value that Forest follows throughout the film. And no, "following the rules" is not a "conservative value".
>liberal "free" drug-worshipping whore who cant survive even in the smallest society she built around herself.
While all of those things may be true of Jenny, seeing that as THE POINT of the film shows a supreme lack of understanding. She wasn't that way because of here liberal values (which we don't even know she had), it was because of childhood abuse. Literally 5th grade level stuff.

Yeah, I have and even read the book. I didn't know running for two years straight was a conservative value.

You obviously haven't fucking seen it, why are you posting about it? The one "hippie" character is shit on throughout, and it's implied that progressive politics are an emotional disorder.

He drinks Dr. Pepper, you son of a bitch. It's the one you crave. You dick.

>HUR HE DRINKS COCA COLA. JUST LIKE ME!
THAT was your takeaway from this movie? Might be time to your boat back into Michael's Bay, there, pal. This water's too deep for you.

>It tried too hard to be Being There. Forest is good, but not great.
Yeah, 100% this.

That's like half true. The USA's structure does a decent job of identifying and promoting the most intelligent and ambitious members of any given social class - the top 1% or 2% quickest, most vicious segment of the population tend to rise quickly. There are enough CEO's, billionaires, and politicians from relatively humble origins to disprove your assertion that climbing up the ranks is "impossible".

Where the system falls down is with the next tier of over-achievers: the people in the 70-95 percentile or so, by ability, and those responsible for the lion's share of the actual production getting done in most cases. They often get "stuck" in jobs that make less-than-efficient use of their skills. They should rise through the ranks, in a pure meritocracy, but often don't unless they get lucky.

Holy shit conservatism really is a disease. You can't even understand the simplest movie ever made.

you don't understand, he's the everyday american. he's mentally handicapped, he makes shit up and people belive him, he likes to sit in a park and talks to randos and he's a cuck who's proud to raise his wife's child. His life is as american as apple pie.

he met nixon, that's as conservative as you can get

Member America lol

Her liberal values are explicitly the result of the abuse. And yes, "following the rules" is THE conservative value. Not neoconservative, not redpilled, CONSERVATIVE the way your grandparents meant it is precisely following the traditions of your community and culture. Read some Scruton.

Forrest Gump was basically Member Berries: The Movie for your parents' generation.

It's a conservative movie by conservatives, and it's being understood correctly by that user.

>he met nixon, that's as conservative as you can get
So did Hunter S. Thompson. He liked guns, too. I guess that makes him the voice of the conservative party.

>And yes, "following the rules" is THE conservative value.
No, it's not, you're beyond stupid.
>Her liberal values are explicitly the result of the abuse.
What? No, her drug abuse and relationship issues are explicitly the result of abuse. How can you be so terrible at understanding this movie?
>CONSERVATIVE the way your grandparents meant it is precisely following the traditions of your community and culture.
In what ways at all does Forrest follow the traditions of his community and culture? You're just saying things that don't relate to the movie at all.

Are you a woman or a nigger?

"During his Academy Award acceptance speech, Forrest Gump producer Steve Tisch said, “Forrest Gump isn't about politics or conservative values. It's about humanity. It's about respect, tolerance and unconditional love.” Tisch and Hanks are both known Democrats."

W
E
W

Lol no arguments so he responds with Ad Hominem. Try again tomorrow Paco.

blind civics, entrepreneurial spirit, making it even though your tarded, buzzcut haircut, being jennies true love cuck

all implicit conservative values

>Ready Player One is just going to be Forrest Gump for 80s kids and it will be equally praised for all the same shallow reasons.

I doubt it'll get the same amount of critical praise if only because the professional movie critic ranks are still mostly held by Boomers. But yeah, most Gen Xers and Millennials will eat it up because "OMG I REMEMBER BACK TO THE FUTURE AND A NIGHTMARE ON ELM STREET!!!"

derisive and disingenuous about what? Stop trying to use big boy words and say something of actual value for once.

Since you didn't answer the question, I am assuming both. Sucks to be you lmao

>no arguments in sight
Holy shit conservatards are so stupid.
>HURR DURR ONLY NIGGERS (yes i say nigger cause im a race realist and girls only dont date me cause of those fuckingNIGGERS) disagree with me
Can you BE more pathetic

Liberals are statistically more likely to be a woman and/or a shitskin, which based off your posts is evidently true lmao

>being a cuck is a conservative value
this user gets it

This.. it has aged like milk

>no arguments STILL
Damn you're even MORE stupid than the average 500 pound Martha on Facebook aren't you?

in a way it is because of the self sacrifice aspect

I wasn't the guy you were originally replying to, my question was my first post. Pathetic female shitskin fucking lmao

>Ready Player One is just going to be Forrest Gump for 80s kids and it will be equally praised for all the same shallow reasons.
You think? Going just on the outfits in the trailer (and the use of Rush as backing music) I figured they were aiming at a half-generation older demographic. Less of a Gen-X-Forrest-Gump and more of a The-Tron-Sequel-You-Always-Wanted.

>>>reddit

americans getting BTFO in this thread, lmao

>samefagging
literally BTFO

>Caring about some film in the 90s
Yawn, your replies are as predictable as your propensity to be incarcerated you shitskin lmao

What's up with Forrest Gump that triggers some people into mouth-frothing rage?

^this
its over for america

Says the guy samefagging to try to win an argument lmfaoooo

Thats barely even English you pathetic shitskin, back to the jungle.

>I doubt it'll get the same amount of critical praise if only because the professional movie critic ranks are still mostly held by Boomers
WUT. Who are you thinking of specifically? Gene and Roger were the loudest voices of that crowd and they're both dead. The vast majority of current critics are Gen X at the absolute oldest... most are probably millenials as of 2017, given how big a share of that market has been taken over by bloggers and internet news sites. There might be a boomer or two hanging around at an occasional newspaper or magazine here or there, but cmon. The youngest members of that generation are trying to figure out how to retire if they haven't already done it.

You yuropoors are the ones constantly obsessing over Americans and everything they do.

Imagine being a filthy stinking smelly negress lads

>Thats
T
h
a
t
s

>yuropoors don't even know what a Dr Pepper is
>mfw

>OOGA BOOGA

STILL samefagging holy shit Paco

Hunter S Thompson was what a liberal used to be. He would probably support Trump today.

>I'm the only one that pities me
HOWLING at you my subhuman pet. Dance my puppet

>Americans don't even know what a compal is

They're just beverages, idiot. Who cares, there's thousands of them.

This

>>I'm the only one that pities me
You were saying about English?

Being a retard

Kek

>he doesn't know what a Dr Pepper is

I love this meme.

>Being There
>Forrest Gump
>Dumb and Dumber
>Dougie's story arc in the new Twin Peaks

l think they're still upset from getting their shit pushed in by a bunch of ragheads living in caves

You're mad because a fictional retard made more money than you'll ever make

t. man living in country actually getting ravaged by ragheads who used to live in caves

Why do you always think Americans get oversensitive like you do? Talk about projection. He was merely pointing out the flaw in your whining.

>the US acquired the oil

>the US isn't beset on all sides by towelhead rapists and murderers

>the US won't be in any discernible future

Also, trade with us is essentially a privilege for the rest of you, nothing more. If we decided to reel it all in and become a self-sustaining nation, we have all the tools/land/tech/innovative minds to do so.

I'm 100% white Israeli

See? Still very butthurt about it. Sad!

>you can be a retard but a long as you act like a good cog in the machine you'll become rich so behave and don't question authority
This is both why it was so well recieved and why some people dislike it so much.
As a kid it was one of my favorite movie. Now that I grew up I can still all the strings Spielberg pulls, but I don't really mind. It's a great movie.

me irl

>sailing across and ocean, finding a new continent and building the most succesful country of all time
Americans didn't do that though.

The child is his, dumbass.

> what are arabs?
> what is latin america?

the whole world hates americans and for good reason.

>i was pretending to be retarded

Not a chance. Though the first part of your statement has a bit of truth to it.

You mean genociding natives

about what and of what you 9th grade fedora

Don't expect conservatives to actually KNOW things.