How do you do fellow kids? Do you want to talk about twitter and human trafficking...

>How do you do fellow kids? Do you want to talk about twitter and human trafficking? Boy I sure do hate microagression and DC not letting you into their offices anymore. #WOKE

Something seems fishy here...

Todd Howard? Is that you?

marlel quality stuff! amirite!

Champions is great you just salty because Based Waid blocked your shitposting ass on twitter.

Champions is no worse than Teen Titans or all the instances with Jon or Damina but you DCucks are too biased to complain about those.

Or too busy jerking off about shirtless Jon and Damian x Beast Boy

What can he do then?
Walk around a high school and eavesdrop on a couple of teenagers like a creep?
Start following teens on social media and take notes of their behavior?

>implying it's not mostly salty Marvelfags
nobody hates Marvel like Marvel fans do

>microagressions
>#WOKE

To be honest he used real tweets from real teenagers on the first issue "#WOKE" and people still say that he doesn't know how teenagers talk.

Maybe modern teenagers Just talk in a cringe inducing way.

Read Miss Marvel and write Kamala in character instead of as, idk, Katara? Is she late season one Katara?

That's what I never got about Waid's writing. I teach teenagers and while they don't all talk or write like that, there's definitely a subset that does.

Champions isn't great but I feel people want to dogpile on problems that aren't there.

Did he seriously got banned from DC's office

good

It's a marvel book written by someone Sup Forums has branded sjw, of course they're going to dogpile on it

No but after the things he's said about Didio and Harras in the past there's no way they would hire him. He admits this.

>I teach teenagers but I also make a living shilling for Marvel

What kind of faggot attacks former employers?

Hitler was right

A childish faggot.

Champions is shit, but Waid used real teenagers for the hashtag thing.

They are just cringy.

>Did he seriously got banned from DC's office
>No

Based waid

The kind with shitty former employers.

That book is still coming out

Hi Mark!

this is still coming out, they're also reprinting his JLA year one and his legionnaires
he should really stop throwing hissy fits at every little thing

His Supergirl and LoSH when?

>He thinks Jon and Damian have met yet.
Marvel interns, everyone!

>posts these tweets
>distributor calls him 10 minutes later to confirm his book is being shipped

I can't fucking imagine why he's not allowed in the offices......

Have we even seen Damian and Jon together besides the covers and whatnot? The first meeting is coming up pretty soon right?

Marveldrone, do your fact checking.

First meet up in superman 10 today. I've heard about Jon and X complaints a fair bit. Which is funny considering Jon hasn't met anyone outside the trinity.

Even if it's realistic, that doesn't mean that it's a good idea.

Teen speak nowadays evolves almost constantly. I mean, fuck, YOLO's only half a decade old and it's already pretty much dead. Putting those tweets in Champions is going to date this comic as badly as literally any superhero outfit that came out in the 80s and 90s.

who /blocked by cuck waid/ here

sorry, OP, I don't even know who that's supposed to be but I have a serious question for you:

what kind of fucking idiot thinks only kids care about human trafficking or twitter, or that so few kids would care about those things that, with the sheer number of kids out there, it still wouldn't be worth anybody's while to talk about them?

more to the point perhaps how old do you think the average user is? because we're probably a lot older than you think, unless you've got a really dumb definition of kids that stretches out decades longer than anybody else's

tl;dr which variety of fucking idiot are you

>old fart gets angry
Funny. Go on.

so you want a book that updates itself in real time and never gets dated

yeah i'm sure they'll get right on that one

i just want a realistic down-to-earth comic that's completely off the wall and swarming with magic robots

and they wonder why there's so much youth unemployment

Bravo. More, please.

Don't worry, baby boomer; you will die soon so you won't have to worry anymore.

I want a book that can stand on its own without having to rely on what's popular right fucking now to get sales.

And this thread is also MINE

like Batman co-starring "Box Office Sensation" Suicide Squad? or "Last Years Surprise Summer Success Story" the Suicide Squad vs "2017's Big Summer Smash" The Justice League or The Flash "Every week on CW at 7"

I really disliked how there was no buildup to anything.

Take the first issue. Kampala has concerns that the Avengers do nothing but fight villains, and there should be a group that helps out people (Waid has a huge boner for superheroes doing more than just fighting - see Kingdom Come's ending). That's all fine and dandy, so then they stop a mine collapse and they claim to fix it off-panel BUT THEN HUMAN TRAFFICKING WITH A JOKER RIPOFF AND NO KILLING BECAUSE KAMALA SAID SO RIP THIS GIRL HASHTAG CHAMPIONS

Second issue is like this, too. Champions go out on a camping trip to get to know each other better, which would feel more realistic is they weren't all in costume. Then Cyclops, who is out in the wilderness for no reason, comes in and the Champions debate including him or some shit BUT THEN Chulk and Viv kiss for some reason but it's dramatic tension?

Point is, nothing so far has actually dragged me into Marvel's Teen Titans. It just feels like Waid's going through the motions, without realizing what makes team comics so popular in the first place.

You gotta be one desperate Marveldrone to compare comics to Sup Forums shit.

>DC not letting you into their offices anymore
That is totally not #woke, @TrueBelievers

I think that's the thing a lot of kids today talk in a really cringey way and an adult trying to write the way kids talk today is just going to alienate everyone and make it all cringey.

I think the way to go about it is just to write a character that everyone can identify, one of the things that makes the classic Spidey formula so appealing is that the hero wrestles with problems that are timeless and that every generation has gone through and that is enough on itself.

Even kid superheroes aren't written as real kids because otherwise they would be killing people by accident or when throwing tantrums or they would be crying, hiding or getting killed when the going got tough.

Waid just tries to damn hard to write teens and kids, it's not his forte, even when he was writing Legion with his shitty "EAT IT GRANDPA!" crap honestly and the pointless drama in Champions is just so dumb.

He should stick to doing classic superheroes stories, kind of looking forward to his Kooky Quartet stuff because I know he can write that and I love the way he writes Cap.

Jon and Damian haven't met yet, dumbass

Also I know I will enjoy Superman #10 and Supersons because the writer for those comics has shown that he can do interesting stories with kids even though those characters don't act like kids IRL but I'll take that shit over #woke and an old fart writer trying hard to be like a teen again.

that's not my argument? user said Marvel is trying to capitalize on what's popular now as a bad thing.

well i guess you're right maybe suicide squad and justice league aren't popular

This is what I don't get about Waid. When he writes Superheroes he is fantastic and I do mean that unironically. He is one of the few guys who goes against the whole all heroes need to be grimdark to be interesting. If he wrote Champions as a superhero team rather than a soapbox, I honestly think that the quality would improve.

As a concept I will honestly say that Champions is highly appealing. A bunch of kids saying to the adults of the world 'We're not going to engage in anymore of this hero vs hero bullshit' is to my mind great. It adresses a big problem I've had with Marvel as of late and the stories that could be told are interesting. The biggest problem is turning this into a soapbox about the problems of youth when the writer is about 54 years old and thinks tumblr speak is the norm.

>I think that's the thing a lot of kids today talk in a really cringey way

I'm sure that adults from every generation thought that kids spoke in a cringey way (even if they didn't use the word cringey).

Whether it was the "Totally Radical" stuff from the 80's or the "Far out man" stuff from the 60's.

>I can't fucking imagine why he's not allowed in the offices......
Macroagressions