South Park hypocrisy thread

which episode hurt your feelings?

According to Sup Forums was whenever it made fun of Trump

>reddit image
>tumblr filename

>this desperate to evade the point

OP sounds like one of those "You had me until ____ and then I stopped reading" type of commenters. The "I enjoyed something until the very moment it disagreed with me then I dropped it completely and walked away" sort of people.

South Park is great when it mocks those you don't like, but when it tries to rib something you disagree with then it's total shit and you hate it. Surprise surprise.

And trolls trolling for political reasons. Which must of triggered Sup Forums something fierce.

That's the polar opposite of their point. It's like you make an effort to be desperate

lol this guy thinks he's gonna change something what a loser. u mad kid.

I don't remember that much butthurt from Trump supporters last year when Where Has My Country Gone? aired.

You know, the episode where the Canadians admit they supported Trump campaign as a joke and it got to far that he got actually elected president and they all ran away. Oh, and Mr Garrison fucked Canadian Trump to death.

South Park makes fun of dumb things from every political stance when they are relevant. They don't do retrospective pieces because that slows the show down and they have new things to make fun of.

OP, I think you're describing King of the Hill by mistake.

Or - and stay with me here, chummer - or it can just be tiring to watch Matt and Trey's Soapbox Parade be a status-quo-enforcing centrist bag of dicks getting tossed in your face.

I'd prefer to see them just take a fucking side and stick with it instead of being "BOTH SIDES SUCK LOL" and basically being conservatives in the process. When's the last time South Park actually had something topical and relevant to say about a given sociopolitical issue that wasn't just a cheap dumbass potshot at "both sides"?

>I'd prefer to see them just take a fucking side and stick with it instead of being "BOTH SIDES SUCK LOL"

But both sides do suck, user. Do you live under a rock?

>South Park is great when it mocks those you don't like, but when it tries to rib something you disagree with then it's total shit and you hate it. Surprise surprise.

Well, Isaac Hayes quit the show when they ribbed on Scientology.

But the point is in the hook

Maybe because political issues are not black and white but grey, so you sometimes have to make compromises to change?

Jesus, now if you don't take a side you are also the enemy.

But Al Gore WAS wrong.

Everyone can remember the early 00 bullshit about the poles melting and everyone dying in 5 years.

What happened? Nothing? And guess what? There is more ice than ever despise we are in the middle of a global warming catastrophe!

Climate change =/= global warning

Al Gore made himself fuckign rich with that bullshit.

According to one of his relatives, Scientology quit for him.

Thing is, on global warming they did take a side. They took the side of "it's fake."

Politics have become so polarized nowdays that if you don't agree with everything someone says then you are the enemy.

I'm all for compromise, but a lot of their "messages" boil down to "both sides suck, let's just keep things as they are and hope for the best".

And then Scientology killed him.

> There is more ice than ever
No there isn't.

South Park is not Conservative, Liberal or Centrist. South Park is pro common sense. That's all its ever been.

You only piss and moan that Matt and Trey are "too Liberal!" or "too Conservative" when they disagree with your point of view, whatever it may be. However, when they agree with you, it's nothing but an echo chamber of "Yeah, these guys know what's going on! They've got the right idea!"

> people who are paid to study global warming say that global warming is real
You don't say.

Fuckin' Xenu, man.

I'm a filthy fucking liberal, and even I think the centrist "let's keep things as they are" bullshit that Trey and Matt do is fucking ridiculous.

>South Park is pro common sense

The fact that they've gone all in for Hillary this season, unironically promoting her at every turn, proves that notion to be false.

I think is because they pick topics like that on purpose. No fun in just preaching a message when you can make fun of two views at the same time.

They could take a third side, something they actually believe in that doesn't necessarily align with left or right that isn't just pic related. It's the fact that they sit back with no real plan or idea of their own while sticking their tongue out at other people which makes them so insufferable.

Ignores Antarctic ice, which is at all time highs and more than offsets what is going on in the Arctic.

>mat and trey fell for the gluten free meme.

I don't why this surprises me but it does.

>They could take a third side, something they actually believe in that doesn't necessarily align with left or right

And then they'd come off as incredibly preachy.

They won't win no matter what side they pick, even if it's a side they make up.

that was irony m8

>artic

In one of the rare times they took an absolute side in an argument, the side of "Once you create a piece of media it belongs to the fans, not you, and you are forbidden from ever updating it ever again" they came off as a bunch of butthurt autists who can't handle change.

They've mired themselves in the centrist "duhhhh da troof iz inda middle" swamp ever since. By never taking a side, they can never be wrong.

That's the whole appeal of the show though, the fact they don't care. Many modern adult shows always have a hard political bias (usually liberal) and like to push it to influence there audience. Now I'm not saying it's bad to use your art to showcase your political opinions (within reason) but it's nice to have a show that also just says "Fuck you I do what want" and doesn't push for a specific belief.

Not to mention even if they were wrong, the episode itself is still funny so it doesn't really take away any enjoyment from me.

>All that salt

I've always hated the show so I don't give a fuck.

>There's a point

OP, saying "they're calling me butthurt!" doesn't change the fact that you're butthurt.

So South Park disagreed with you at some point in its 20 year lifespan. Maybe get the fuck over it?

>You shouldn't listen to people who actually study that shit, you should only listen to people who do it as a hobby.

But HOW can somebody disagree with ME?!!?
Fucking no side takers, I'll show them.

Maybe try going back to school in order to learn reading comprehension.

No. More like
> You shouldn't listen to people who are paid to hype up a "problem" by the people who stand to gain from the supposed "solution" to that "problem"

The thing that stands out to me the most is the dichotomy between the episode revolving around the word nigger and the episode revolving around the word retarded/retard. It's the same idea of "it's just a word" but the conclusion the show comes to about both and the respect each is given is so dissimilar it's almost distracting. Basically "words are just words and people are dumb to be offended... Except about words relating to black people". You can apply the same argument they use in the N-Word episode and relate it to the word retarded and people with special needs but they decided not to do that. It just comes off as disingenuous to me.

>This Thread

>tumblr filname
>leddit

Leave and never return, OP.

The whole thing isn't "YOU CARE TOO MUCH WE'RE GONNA MAKE FUN OF YOU " it's more of a "You can push for change without being a smug asshole" type of thing they're trying to make a point about.

Putting your opinion out there about something in front of millions of strangers to judge every week is the opposite of a safe space.

This all boil down to "why south park doesn't agree with me!"

Grown the fuck up.

>you: huuuur take a side!
>they take a side that you desagree
>you: huuuuur how you DARE?

It's hilarious that you think the people who stand to gain from the "solution" to global warming have more money than the people who stand to lose from it.

Fuck those Green Energy fatcats. British Petroleum, now there's a true underdog.

So why don't climate deniers actually become full time climate scientists and prove it wrong with science?

Or is the 99% agreement on the matter just too intimidating for you to crawl out of your parents house to bother trying? You do recognize what the sun even looks like after all these years?

no, because Manbearpig ended up being real. The point they made was that Gore was blowing it way out of proportion and was fear mongering. Which, and I say this as the most green/leftist I fucking know, he was.

they literally keep calling Hilary a giant turd. They arent supporting her, but they just think she is a better option than Trump.

That wasn't the issue of that episode.
The issue of the episode was that Al Gore was known for finding shit to be an alarmist about and he happened to be in the news for Global Warming.
The thing about this was that he happened to grab onto something right for once but he was regularly wrong about things before.
It's like the Stunning and beautiful hero Caitlyn Jenner bit about her running over pedestrians: they may be accepted now but they have had their fair share of past fuck-ups

But OP *is* mad that South Park is disagreeing with him.

OP feels that everyone should have an opinion about everything all the time.

South Park is apathetic and mocks people for having strong opinions about things.

South Parks disagrees with OP's world view and he's being a little bitch about it. Butthurt, even. U mad?

I can comprehend that you are a whiny faggot well enough.

Not talking about companies. Talking about the government. Who do you think wants carbon taxes? Who do you think benefits from the power to regulate carbon dioxide, you know, THE THING THAT EVERYONE BREATHS OUT EVERY SINGLE DAY. It's an attempt by government to take even more control. So no shit the "scientists" who are paid by government grants say that there is a "problem" for which the "solution" just so happens to be even more government.

Grow the fuck up, don't just automatically believe the shit that the state and the MSM are feeding you. Try actually thinking for a change.

You don't have a good memory then, butthurt was palpable on Sup Forums that week.
South Park didn't get that much hate from a board since years

Manbearpig was from imagination land, ergo, he wasn't real, until Kyle said that imaginary things are just as important as real things.

This.
Global Warming == ClimateChange though.
Take a Meteorology class you fuckwit. The earth isn't some tupper ware container or the inside of a car, we've got this thing called convection. We've got air fronts that change and rain-fall patterns that alter.

Al Gore was an alarmist but Global Warming IS REAL. It's just communicated in the shittiest way possible.
It's why we've had, consistently for the past 5 years, 'the warmest ___ month on record'.
Alright, so where are you getting your info about there being more Ice than ever?
In that situation, I'd say
> people who are paid to deny global warming say global warming isn't real

South Park NEVER takes sides and tries to make a stand on anything. Except:

>Global warming
>Scientology
>Terry Schiavo
>Censorship
>Free speech in the face of terrorism
>Donald Trump
>Immigration
>Smoking
>Cash 4 Gold
>Wal-Mart
>Gentrification

The DT movie was right concerning their way to make satire, exaggerated of course (still a joke) but still right.

think about it, now people are more interested on their social commentary than the actual original comedy content it's used to be.

NAMBLA

Even making mention that you can't compromise with pedophiles (most of this board).

>I'm a filthy fucking liberal, and even I think the centrist "let's keep things as they are" bullshit that Trey and Matt do is fucking ridiculous.

>Even I

As a Liberal you would be the most likely to say that though. (???? )?

South park is not a political show. Its a comedy show. You're not supposed to care what side it takes because the end goal is just to make jokes.

I remember that The Cissy (that caused controversy before it even aired, because everyone just assumed it was going to make fun of trans people) was pretty pro 'let transgender people use whatever bathroom they want'

Oh yeah, I forgot to mention that they took BOTH stances on the transgender issue, with them ultimately coming to the conclusion you wrote about.

>South park is not a political show. Its a comedy show. You're not supposed to care what side it takes because the end goal is just to make jokes.
It's no use. These Sup Forums tards have a hard time understanding this.

>South park is not a political show

Holy shit are you seriously that naive.

The only reason South Park is even still on the air is because it's become a safe space for libertarian dudebro types. It stopped being funny years ago, but as long as Matt and Trey keep doing their strawman vs mouthpiece routine people will watch to have their opinions reinforced.

But OP and the person he was talking to is the opposite of Sup Forums?

>dudebro

>libertarian dudebro types
Am I supposed to know what this means?

You do understand that you're not obligated to agree with south park to enjoy it, right?

buzz buzz

>e it's become a safe space for libertarian dudebro types. It stopped being funny years ago, but as long as Matt and Trey keep doing their strawman vs mouthpiece routine people will watch to have their opinions reinforced.

Holy shit. I bet we even have the same political aligment but dude, that's not even an argument.

Don't take a show about 10 year old kids saying swears so seriously.

If South Park it's not a political show and we are supposed to not caring about the political stuff inside the show, what's the point of making social commentaries? and why the creators admit themselves they put their libertarians ideas inside the comedy of the show?

If it was really only comedic like the reason of why it was made on the first place (early seasons) it were never had any social commentaries, so logically it's a political show.

Thats not actually logical. Just because 1=1, does not mean 1+2 = 4.

They put in political elements, and probably emphasize ones they believe in. But who cares? The point of it is comedy. I don't care what the Mona Lisa tastes like.

>I'm mad that South Park isn't liberal enough
off yourself

You are aware methods like that are actually a form of political propaganda?
you will excuse everything for comedy?

>babby lieks activism

Stupid people always have worthless opinions, and unfortunately I have to ride the wave. Do I really think South Park will be a determining factor? Maybe, but I don't really have any say in that anyway. If I didnt like it I would stop watching it.

I don't know what you're even suggesting here anymore and i'm kind of lost. South Park is bad if its not funny and its good if it is funny. Maybe it influences people's opinions, but people's opinions are kind of stupid and random to begin with so I don't really mind.

>political comedy is not political
Now THAT is illogical.

South Park 180'd on trannies. That should be enough.

'Member when Will Wheaton retweeted this?

Riiiight, because if there's one group which has no influence with governments, it's the fucking oil and coals industries.

Give me a break.

>im mad that South Park would rather be an entertaining cartoon than an episode of the colbert report
>why can't trey and Matt stroke my political ego over everyone else's
thanks Reddit

>Taking South Park seriously.
I don't think this is the kind of show you people should be watching.

>im mad that South Park would rather be an entertaining cartoon
Not what I'm getting out of this season. I'd rather watch Colbert.

yeah man, i love it when comedians make the same joke over and over again

>uhhh trump is hitler or something

>I'd rather watch Colbert.

Seriously?

>I'd rather watch a show that has never been funny over a show that is way past it's prime but still occasionally funny

Well maybe at least it'd be a funny one.

Yes. This season and last season suck complete dick.

Yeah the climate change episodes are just awful. I cringe watching them now because of how obviously wrong they are.

>ayy republicans lol

Colbert hasn't been funny since 2015.

Watching paint dry is more entertaining that Colbert

Then paint drying is also more entertaining than South
park.

I find it really funny how assblasted leftists are about South Park this year

Not even Sup Forums is mad about this season because of memberberries and for the show both calling out the Jew as a manipulative mastermind, as well as it making Sup Forums realize they're the real Jews all along.

Besides Matt and Tray are obviously libertarian centrists

Oh now this is just fucking funny

that's antarctic SEA ice, user, not the actual Antarctic ice sheet. Sea ice can expand in cold years, yes, but if no new snow is falling on Antarctica, it means nothing

Because of the elections and the drama I tried watching this type of shows, like Colbert, the Daily Show and Last Week Tonight and I found them terribly boring. Not because I disagree with their views per say, but the jokes were just not funny.

And no, I'm not a false flagging Trump supporter. I saw the SNL skits and I found them pretty funny. But those 'news comedies' were...awful. I'd rather just watch a normal reportage.

what the fuck is colbert?