Modern Cartoons

What do you think about the 2010s in terms of cartoons? Do you think TV animation has gotten better over this decade than the last few decades? What do you think of most of the shows nowadays sharing the same aesthetic?

Even if this is fanart, it portrays how loud and obnoxious these shows are pretty well.

Mordo, Hater, and Stan should be KO'd

>Watching cartoons past Highschool unless it's out of the sense of nostalgia

I honestly don't know anyone except manchildren who watch these garbage shows.

Awful animation and writing, finally made me realize American animation is fucked...

Gravity Falls was pretty great. Rick and Morty is Fantastic. Steven Universe is good, I know people here like to bash it because it reeks of Tumblr stank but I don't really care one way or the other.. Bob's Burgers is Okay, I've never gone out of my way to watch it. I've never seen Star vs Evil, I barely watched Regular show, and I've never seen Wander Over Yonder.

Every decade has it's good shows. 90's had a few shows I liked Batman the Animated Series stands out the most to me. 00's had fewer shows but had some all the same Like Teen Titans and Courage the Cowardly Dog.

Peoples sensibilities have changed but there's nothing I outright hate. The only regret I have is the dominance of the Cal-arts

here, I fixed it for you

>loud and obnoxious
you mean how cartoons always were?

Some of those characters literally have the same face even from different studios? Also aren't the ones from the top from the SAME studio? What's your point?

Everything's shit. End of story. Please shut up.

nu yssee that was from when I was growing up that means it's still good cause it was the 90s

they can be pretty funny at times, but animation quality has really gone down. bob's burgers and uncle grandpa are the only two that regularly look good to me (aside from shows with unique looks like gumball, and that's not animation quality)

what depresses me is the total death of action cartoons. which is weird to me since in the 90s those were the big money makers (I think)

that the entire meme is moronic and should be killed

action cartoons used to be big in the 60s (Johnny Quest, Herculoids, Space Ghost), before they almost completely died out during the 70s, only to return once again in the 80s

these things come in waves

I know I'm taking the bait for this image but the creators of Gumball and Star didn't even go to CalArts. Also, Undertale is a video game, not a cartoon

>he didn't get the joke

Jokes should be funny

That image is a complete ripoff of the genius that is this movie.

I don't mean shows intentionally obnoxious like Tiny Toons or Gumball. I mean shows where characters yell randomly like Star.

Cartoons then: Animated by the Japanese
Cartoons today: Animated by Koreans

It's shit today.

>still didn't get the joke

Homestar Runner is too good for this world

that does count as intentionally obnoxious tho

pinko commie weeboo terrorist

>MLP

LEAVE NOW!

Star does more "random whispering" than random yelling honestly.

TLH is the only current show worth watching and it's amazing. In its own league.

I enjoyed Star Vs up to a certain point, I don't know what changed or why I exactly dropped it. But the drive just vanished. I have no negative things to say about it.

Gravity Falls would've been great if it weren't for Mabel and her bullshit that ruined the whole show. Also stuff that went nowhere and a lacklustre finale totally killed it.

Stonerbird and fuckrat, SU, AT - all pure shit. The lowpoint of cartoons. As in, the worst cartoons of all time unless we count knockoffs and obvious amateur stuff.

Gumball is good though, it does its own thing.

>TLH
Literally who

The Loud House. The only thing redeeming western animation of the last decade.

Go back to your general.

Not really when the yelling is the joke

I meant the whispering is the joke.

I really only remember yelling as the joke in the really early episodes and that shit stopped pretty quickly.

>Barney

Agreed, Barneyfags need to die.

I think they are better. At least cartoons for kids are better. I didn't care for those in the 2000s but today they are fun again.

90s and 80s cartoons are still the best.

get killed, degenerate

fucking brilliant. now go hang yourself.

Gumball is OP pls nerf

edge