Monsters Unleashed new covers + Preview art

>Moon Girl, as the smartest person in the Marvel U., plays a big role, and Elsa Bloodstone, monster hunter, also plays a role.

Other urls found in this thread:

marvel.com/news/comics/26941/run_if_you_can_hide_if_you_must_its_the_monsters_unleashed_liveblog?linkId=30581795
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

marvel.com/news/comics/26941/run_if_you_can_hide_if_you_must_its_the_monsters_unleashed_liveblog?linkId=30581795

Neat!

>live chat

>Will the supernatural monsters like Werewolf by Night, Frankenstein, etc. be involved?
>No.
>"This is an event where if you're shorter than seven stories, you need not apply." - Axel.

>Axel says they have plans to spin at least two series out of this event.

Elsa ongoing?

Oboy another event
It's been how long since the last one ended

>Kirby Kackle.

Noice.

I gotta say the main players in this are pretty underwhelming.

>AVENGERS ASSEMBLE
yawn. thanks for reminding me that beside Spider-Man and X-Men (and maybe FF and Dr Strange), Marvel has literally nothing interesting going on. it's beyond lame, how avengers suck

Wrecked forever

>Stream closes literally the minute I try to submit my question.
FUCK

Will Elsa Bloodstone's little brother appear since he turns into a monster? Mark: "That is very, very astute."

So we know what Elsa will be doing

new ongoing huh

>Moon girl plays a bigger role than Elsa
Well, looks like I'm not going to read this.

Is that the Ulysses of this event?

>Will the event leak into other ongoing series? No. It's self-contained, and if you enjoy the main series there will be 7 or 8 one-shots starring key characters on the side.

>The one-shots are built so they don't interrupt the ongoing books, similar to what we did with Age of Ultron tie-ins a few years back.

Why don't they do all events that way?

Why do Marvel keep trying to make Elsa a thing?

I bet she's getting one of the two ongoings

Will there be Sentinels actually fighting against something a big stompy robot would be decent against? ROCKET PUNCH and all that

This. Marvel is finished.

Because Elsa is a cool character.

I don't know. The only time she was good was in nextwave

>keep trying
Have they really tried? She was almost completely unknown before Nextwave and barely used after it.

>sentinels
>doing good
Maybe if one of the monsters is a giant mutant

The x-men haven't been good since Claremont.

Because she is an actual good character, and everything she has been part has been good.

>Maybe if one of the monsters is a giant mutant
*cough*Devil Dinosaur*cough

she's been popping up since secret wars.

This is the kinda thing i'd think you could launch a nextwave outta

There is a monster called X, that qualify as a mutant.

that should give you idea how bad marvel is

The only place she appeared after Secret Wars was in the CWII tie-in arc of A-force.

If they can't even deal with small target that they were designed to kill, then what hope do they have against something their own size that's used to fighting other things as big as it is with its own set of offensive abilities?

even before, in avengers forever she was part of Doom and Valeria avengers team during AXIS.

you know they could launch sandman (if they had rights). it's all irrelevant if the creative team is going to suck

So lemme get this straight, this will be printing alongside IvX?
What a shitshow.
I actually kinda like this format.

I think the reason why is that if they don't make it central and involved with other titles is that people won't feel the stakes, and then won't be incentivized to purchase it.

They were at various points funded by taxpayer dollars and ultimately were created to kill beings seen as enemies of humanity.

for spectacular, double-spread explosions?

Cameos don't really count as being pushed, now if they kept giving her her own series or stuck her in teams then it would be considered a push.

>So lemme get this straight, this will be printing alongside IvX
Well they are both considered minor events. It isn't major until two thirds of the line have a tie in.

IvX is a crossover between the Inhumans books and the X-books. This is a self-contained 5 issue double-shipped mini with 7-8 self-contained one-shots.

X-events/crossovers running concurrently with other events is hardly a new thing either.

But user, you don't understand. She's APPEARED in COMICS on more than one occasion! In recent years at that! That's a massive fucking push, man.

So for maximum irony, the Sentinels will be blasting DMX while killing the thing that lived?

A Bloodstone ongoing sounds like it'd probably be a sure bet if she's one of the main characters. It's actually kind of surprising that they never tried giving her one sooner. A Where Monsters Dwell/Tales to Astonish book with rotating creative teams could be cool.

IvX isn't a crossover. Unless you're gonna say Siege was a crossover (which it wasn't even at 4 issues)

Take Second Coming or Messiah Complex or Age of X, they had one-shots/book ends, but the story required the ongoings to get the sequential chapters. These are crossovers. IvX requires you to read the anchoring miniseries, while the ongoings are just tie-ins that can be safely ignored.

It's also not double shipping (unless something changed).

Ignore the double shipping comment. I see what you're saying.

Still, IvX is not an x-over.

(I know events are technically crossovers, but I think you understand the distinction)

>bringing up Hopeless' Braddock Academy OCs abortions again, instead of just letting them fade into obscurity and oblivion

For what fucking purpose Marvel?

You'll take your damn Moon Girl, and you will fucking like her! Her, and the rest of the Inhumans!

>It avoids all attempts at humor and is written like the Marvel Zombies version
Thanks, [CURRENT YEAR] Marvel.
I'll still read it. CW: Marvel Zombies was pretty good. But it won't be the same.

any chance Jennifer Kale and Man-Thing shows up?

I-I liked Cullen.

Make a new Midnight Sons team book and slap her in it. There, problem solved.

See:
No manlets allowed.

That, and they can't use it to bump the sales of the ongoings, because the oneshots are separate.

Devil Dinosaur is X-gene positive?

But what if he's giant sized Man-Thing?

It's not about marvel horror characters, it's about giant Kirby monsters.

Then you have shit taste.

>new Midnight Sons ongoing

*squints* Who'd you have in mind as the creative team?

The only thing Hopeless has ever done right would be the Shield Necromancers.

Really, I want more of them.

Pym Particles is an excuse to just get big monsters out of your monsterlets

Shitvengers! AND shithumans! WOW this is already complete garbage!

remove mutie

Man-Thing can grow into a Giant Size Man-Thing.

Are insinuating that the shit-men are any better?

typical inhuman. copying mutants once again, can't be bothered to come up with a new, catchier insult. Just keep on rehashing the same old shit

>no Hero vs Hero visceral drama

im out, Marvel. youve let me down

Cullen was fine, Ax guy and deathlockette are shit.

But I like the rest of the inhumans, just not her.

This. Marvel is finished.

Doesn't cross over with other series. 30 pages each for 5 issues with several tie ins. Event perfection

It hasn't, yet.

He as the only good one of his OCs.

And they have to keep him happy somehow for all the shit he gets.

He wrote Arena and Undercover. He deserves every bit of shit flung his way and then some.

To be fair, Devil Dinosaur is a classic monster, so Moon Girl being involved does make sense.

I think user was referring to the character, not hopeless himself

Didn't say it wasn't unearned.

Nope, the 'him' was Hopeless.

I wonder what causes Groot to revert back to his 1950s look and size?

Loveness's Groot mini implied that it was a different member of Groot's species that was a giant monster menacing everyone.

I'm surprised nobody asked if the Mole Man and his monsters will be involved. Giganto is one of Marvel's most iconic monsters thanks to the cover of FF issue 1.

land....just

>yfw Lang gives Yu's OC monster THAT face

I wonder if they kill any monster in this

I think they're going to ignore that. The GotG fighting against a berserk brainwashed Groot is more dramatic than them fighting some asshole from Groot's species.

>The heroes who save the world every other Tuesday need the help of a 9 year old girl to stop this threat.
Why does Marvel keep trying to make Moon Girl happen? She literally only survives due to being an All Ages book yet they keep trying to shove her down our throats when the majority don't give a fuck about her

Can I have a Fin Fang Foom ongoing instead?

Because GODDAMNIT you *will* like her! Have we mentioned that she's an Inhuman yet?! And also that she's officially the smartest person in the ENTIRE Marvel universe? Because she totally is. ARE YOU LIKING HER YET?!?

She has only had one appearance outside her own book. Hardly shoving her down people's throats

>a hand full of A-list artist
>also Greg Land

ONE OF THESE THINGS IS NOT LIKE THE OTHER,

ON OF THIS THINGS SHOULD BE FIRED AND BANISHED FROM COMICS

. . . I like her.

>Art Adams designed one of new monsters
>still choose Land
That nigga must work for cheap. Surprised Cho didn't volunteer since he loves monsters.

I wonder what Land will trace for the monsters

>Moon Girl, as the smartest person in the Marvel U
You can keep pushing this meme, Marvel, but you still can't get me to give a crap about her.

So, how many people are going to die in this event?

Regular people, super people, or giant monsters?

That's because you suck.

I just watched a safety video at work about what to do in the case of an active shooter and they used the exact phrase "run if you can hide if you must" how weird

Appearances outside of their own book aren't the only way of shoving a character down people's throat. They're making her the smartest in the MU, having that the heroes need her in this conflict, shoving her into IvX despite her own aversion to the Terrigen Mists and she's only been around 1 year in a book that doesn't even sell all that well. Better books than hers have been canceled selling more than hers does.

>making her the smartest in the MU

will never not be funny how butthurt you stupid racists are about that

>IvX
They pulled all of Inhuman into that, including Quake and Synapse from Uncanny avengers. She was gonna be in it no matter what.

As far as sales go, that is an all ages thing. Same reason hellcat and Squirrel girl keep going with sales of the same level.