Toonami Ratings for 10/29/16

Toonami will be airing the movie Children Who Chase Lost Voices during DST. It won't air till after One Piece so it's pretty much set up to fail.

Intruder 3 starts this Saturday. Tune in during the commercial break for DBZ to catch the first installment.

A new season of Samurai Jack is being made for Adult Swim Toonami. 10 episodes in length, TV14 minimum, set to premier March 2017.

Adult Swim is funding two new 6 episode seasons of FLCL. Expected release is late 2017/early 2018.

As you all know, this week was a marathon of IBO. This made for an interesting science experiment, can IBO stand on its own? The answer would be no. Recent marathons have done pretty good, so that isn't an excuse for poor numbers. It seems the moment people saw IBO they turned their TVs off, giving us a 12am low we haven't seen in a very long time. And we end the night with lows we haven't seen since the cut. Let's hope this disaster doesn't cut into the already mediocre momentum of Jojo

12:00a Mobile Suit Gundam: Iron-Blooded Orphans (r) 912 0.41 521
12:30a Mobile Suit Gundam: Iron-Blooded Orphans (r) 807 0.37 469
1:00a Mobile Suit Gundam: Iron-Blooded Orphans (r) 744 0.33 421
1:30a Mobile Suit Gundam: Iron-Blooded Orphans (r) 634 0.28 354

2:00a Mobile Suit Gundam: Iron-Blooded Orphans (r) 596 0.26 331
2:30a Mobile Suit Gundam: Iron-Blooded Orphans (r) 534 0.24 308
3:00a Mobile Suit Gundam: Iron-Blooded Orphans (r) 451 0.22 279

Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/Clarknova1/status/793204762757984261
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Everything out front did just fine

9:00 Bob’s Burgers (r) 0.52 857 0.28
9:30 Bob’s Burgers (r) 0.61 984 0.40

10:00 American Dad (r) 0.75 1210 0.51
10:30 American Dad (r) 0.78 1204 0.51
11:00 Family Guy (r) 1328 0.58
11:30 Family Guy (r) 1441 0.62

But Toonami took a toll on the end, it did recover a bit though

3:30a Bob’s Burgers (r) 440 0.20
4:00a Bob’s Burgers (r) 524 0.26
4:30a American Dad (r) 587 0.30

5:00a American Dad (r) 588 0.30
5:30a King of the Hill (r) 573 0.28

First for Demarco unironically using the term shitlord.

Best

I was actually expecting worst numbers

>20 years

Judging by these ratings he'd be lucky to get 20 days

I'd really like to know what the hell he was thinking with an IBO marathon since its always been a ratings killer. Did he just want solid proof that nobody likes the show?

>weebs
>giving a single shit about what's on Toonami

When was the last time they aired a show only weebs like? It's all generic shonen trash that even weebs don't care about.
>DBZ
The one anime normies will admit liking in public
>Jojo
Maybe on to something here
>IBO
Universally hated
>HxH
Mainstream shonen trash
>Naruto
Same as above, but also lots of people's first experience with an anime that wasn't heavily Americanized
>OP
Anyone who cares about it isn't watching 8 year old episodes 1 week at a time
>OPM
Rerun but also the latest normie fad anime

What fantasy world does Demarco live in?

>It seems the moment people saw IBO they turned their TVs off, giving us a 12am low we haven't seen in a very long time. And we end the night with lows we haven't seen since the cut.

That isn't exactly true, the 12am episode during the Hunter x Hunter marathon in July was slightly lower. But yeah, the last time we had any ratings below 500k was the One Piece marathon last year, and the last time we had ratings that low at 3am was when Space Dandy was briefly on at 3am in November 2014.

I like this image.

He just had to have his Halloween marathon, and since IBO ends before Christmas he had to do it now otherwise we would have had 2 OP/DBZ marathons in 3 months.

There was 0 reason for a marathon this week in the first place

He literally spent all night watching TV and talking to himself on Twitter.

>trolling is okay when he does it

Nah JoJo is not gatekept at all and the core fan base ither rejects the anime entirely or just sees it as a good way to review the old parts

I saw a trailer for CWCLV last night on tv. and it looks really good. thank you

All* shows on Toonami are pretty much guaranteed at least one marathon. IBO hadn't gotten its marathon yet, since the Labor Day marathon went to One Punch Man, so it was time. I was honestly expecting it for Thanksgiving, but Halloween gave them an excuse to get the IBO marathon out of the way earlier.

* - Except Shippuden, presumably due to some conditions in their contract with Viz unique to Naruto.

>funposting arrows on twitter

>JoJo is not gatekept at all
Are you kidding? The way the animeonlys are reacting to Toonami watchers is exactly the same way the manga readers react to the animeonlys.

>they still make this thread every week

And the tweet that started it all

This post doesn't deserve dubbies

>that 500k viewer drop when anime starts >looses anther 100k per half hour

KILL TOONAMI ALREADY ,

>this is the man running Toonami

What in the fuck is he even saying?

More like kill IBO.

but its the same thing last week and the week before that , its a ratings killer.

toonami hasnt had 1m viewers past 1am a single time in 2016

I thought people saying shitlord was just an exaggerated meme. Jesus.

At least we're better than coco adventures r-right?! I'm starting to wonder.

Most that used it seriously stopped when it became a joke. Demarco either never got the memo or was bored out of his mind that night and decided to shitpost on twitter.

twitter.com/Clarknova1/status/793204762757984261

The creative director of Toonami just told me to kill myself.

If you use one of the words he lists, REGARDLESS of context, you are "trash." What is "trash?" The word "trash," when applied to a human being, means "worthless." "Of no value." "No reason to be here." At best, it's a statement that no one would care if you kill yourself. At worst, it's a statement that the world would benefit if you killed yourself. I take words like trash, scum, garbage, etc. very seriously.

The creative director of Toonami just told everyone who uses words he doesn't like to KILL THEMSELVES, ironically using a word that I don't like.

I am filled with pure contempt for this man.

But hey, at least he's not Milo Yiannopoulos!

I posted this exact same thing on the other Sup Forums because I'm that buttmad.

Is Demarco even really that bad of a guy?

He listens to show suggestions and while he gets a little brash at times, it's only because he comes from a different era.

>while he gets a little brash at times, it's only because he comes from a different era.
An era where you can shit all over anyone who uses a word he doesn't like, regardless of context, while also using an incredibly offensive insult? I'm not the only one who gets offended by "trash" and "scum," am I?

Except it has when IBO wasn't on

>he listens to show suggestions
You mean
>he listens to a whiny minority on Tumblr and Reddit who don't even tune in to the block

And let's not forget what happens when you suggest a show he doesn't personally like

You mean he actually likes IBO? This man has such shitty taste.

Has the faggit finally lost it? Does he know he can kill?

What show has a reasonable majority of Toonami General (ie: people that confirmed actually watch the block) wanted but Demarco didn't deliver? Name one.

Kill who? The people who he so clearly thinks the world would be better off without?

Martha Speaks.

Subfags are the worst i cant fault him for shitposting them

>At least we're better than coco adventures

You really aren't. Every shitty thread tries to say this. "At least we're not this other shitty thread!"

Dudes just fucking dying. Fucking killing himself here.

Shouldn't have marathon a ratings killer on a weekend that wasn't a holiday that also wasn't in the spirit of said holiday

Panty and Stocking

The ratings threads I'll give you but at least the Saturday threads are only a single night. We should just post the ratings on the first thread of Saturday.

did better than a One Punch Meme marathon would have on Halloween

-shitlord

Watamote

like clockwork

To be fair, Tomoko's English VA is so bad that I can't even have fantasies about Tomoko anymore.

It can't be that bad.

>One Fist Chris did astonishingly great on its marathon run
>IBO's marathon reached numbered lows the likes of which haven't been seen in ages
>>>Implying the marathon was actually on Halloween
But no, it's okay because you've deluded yourself so hard in worshipping KLK that you're going to continue shitposting this tripe even long after OPM is off the block entirely because it fills you with purpose.
Enjoy sitting there with your crusty Ryuuko pictures, whining about how your precious anime is never returning to the block and projecting your insecurities on everything else.

I think it's Monica Rial. So I can't hear her without thinking of characters whose personalities are the polar opposite of Tomoko's.

Have you ever hated a tv show so much that you autisticly shitposted about it on a vietnamese tapestry site?

I came close but I jacked off instead.

You guys interested in some keks?

The grand potential for a profanity spewing dick-girl. Yes.

It is. She also does le meme frog girl.

So I guess that's just her typecast now.

>le meme frog girl
Pepe has a girlfriend?

>TayTweets 2.0

If you want the IBO marathon to not be the ratings boogeyman you're making it out to be, tell your friends to watch JoJos.

Didn't Twitter try something like this before just for it to become hilariously lewd and racist after a few hours?

This. We should be doing our part to rid Sup Forums of its cancer

Some microsoft interns did i believe.

Then Sup Forums came in and turned everything upside down for "just reasons"

Good on them. The bot started out as an obnoxious tumblrcore teenager.

You realize if your friends don't have nielsen boxes that does nothing right?
How can people be this fucking dumb about ratings in the internet era?

OP here, these threads aren't going anywhere.

>Implying that Jojo is the most obscure show on the block currently.
It may have only took until the anime for Jojo to become really popular but I don’t get why people who like it think that it's a real tough sell for casual anime watchers.

All I can say to this is : what a faggit

Took a hiatus for a few months since having a mixed reaction to the ending but now I can feel it again.
>Ushio and Tora on Toonami fucking when?

So what you're getting at is, we can't do anything about the ratings. So why continue to complain about them if it's something out of our control?

serious funimation just tell us mob psycho 100 is gonna be on toonami or give us some info on the not simultaneous at all simuldub already

>normie
>not normalfag

Wanna know how I know you started coming here in 2014?

I know Funimation just got Overlord dubbed. Let's try and get that maybe? It's a little bit more sexual in some parts than what Toonami's used to airing, but it's got action and shit

I've seen GARO brought up a lot here.

Sweet Christ, those ratings. I follow DeMarco on Twitter and he seems decent some of the time or at the very least, is a non-pleb when it comes to rap, but holy shit dude, trolls must've really gotten to him

The tweets got deleted from the thread, but anyway. Today's question is this:

What would you have done differently for Toonami?

Me, I would've just continued to get action-based lesser known titles and make the block more of a discovery hub for stuff as opposed to the LRS (long-running shounen) fest it is now. I say this in spite of tolerating DBZ, liking HxH, enjoying Naruto up until Konoha Invasion Arc and can appreciate how OP is put together.

> the long-run fest it is now

Have you never watched Toonami prior to the relaunch? The block was almost entirely couched in long-running shows. Weekday block ran both Dragonball and Dragonball Z, and the Saturday block aired both Naruto and One Piece.

>DeMarco tweets get hot pocketed
>meanwhile the Marvel bashing tweet threads stay up

Can you mods please choke to death?

It's by far the most obscure show we have at the moment. Maybe that says something about the current state of the lineup, but it still is true

And again you greatly overestimate the casual appeal of Jojo. The current underperforming ratings and asshurt that the current episodes aren't like the memes should make that clear

Sentai has posted on their Twitter that they want it on the block, but that only happens if people demand it.

Personally I don't, we need some fucking variety

This isn't prior to the relaunch anymore you utter jackass. It's a brand new thing that needs to operate in a brand new way

>Overlord
>Another isekai series
>But the MC is just fifty shades of edge

and its real easy to burn through long runners when they air 5 days a week you mongoloid, not so much when they air 50 times or less a YEAR

If it was me 1-2 slots would be for more obscure titles. If they work out, great, if not, live and learn.

Also there would be attempts to branch out to non action, but Toonami friendly genres such as mystery, thriller and adventure

Honestly, DeMarco did okay for the most part. Some things I'd do:

>Have it start at 11. Fuck Family Guy. Put DBZ and OPM as its heavy hitters.
>If possible, let it go to six hours. Even if the latter three hours are reruns, it's something.
>Run Panty and Stocking (with Me!Me!Me!) exactly once so people stop asking about it
>Movie nights. Even if they have to be cheap ones. Not like those nights get good ratings anyway.

It also ran on fucking CN which put a severe damper on anime that could air without massive censorship. Long runners were pretty much the only option

Also they didn't feel like such a slog airing 5 episodes a week, compared to 3-4 episodes a month we have now

>fuck family guy
First step and you have already tanked the block
>use OPM as a heavy hitter
Yea that 12 weeks will be just great

>Ainz
>Edgy

I've only had a cursory look at Overlord, so my opinions might be screwed. Anyway, it looked like an isekai where the MC becomes a demon lord. Didn't really draw me in.

You never know if you don't go.

We did go, the block was doing abysmal before Family Guy came in to prop it up.

And we already did OPM, it did great but at only 12 episodes it was only 3 months of reliability

What impetus does the block have to "operate in a new way"? The whole point of "bringing Toonami back" was because people wanted to experience the block as it was. The claim that NuToonami hasn't done anything new is equally ridiculous.

Gee I don't know, the fact that it airs on Adult Swim now and the incredible ease of streaming in the modern day may be two reasons to branch out to some new things to justify staying up till 3am to watch shitty dubs that are years behind where they should be

It's so fucking retarded seeing people like you who want them to copy and paste what they did in 2003 and think that will succeed

wait, tomoko's va made tomoko sound unnatractive?

then she did a good job in accordance to the character.

Fine. 12-6. Maybe 11:30 if the ratings were okay.

Also, air Space Dandy in the reruns area.

The reason half the block was cut was because no one wanted to watch reruns of the same 5-6 episodes for the 50th time. Why would that change now? Especially when the tail end of the block often gets lower ratings than the comedy reruns after?

So... Demarco was right?