/tpg/ - Twin Peaks General

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE Edition

pastebin.com/mcKYsFib

Previously:

Other urls found in this thread:

strawpoll.me/13870391
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

happyending fags btfo

Season 4 when bros? Literally crying rn and feeling empty.

There are no correct answers to anything.
There is only an infinite number of interpretations.
This is what Lynch wants and this is what keeps his work alive.

Call it all mysterious bullshit, call it art, call it whatever you want. It works.

HERE'S TO ERECTILE DYSFUNCTION

is this supposed to be laura palmer? (from ronette's dream)

sheryl ree LOL

Theoryfags are the worst.

friendly reminder that doppelcoop did nothing wrong and Cooper was the real fuck-up the entire time

a hundred thousand theories and all of them are "beautiful" - Lynch

What am I supposed to see?

strawpoll.me/13870391
strawpoll.me/13870391
strawpoll.me/13870391
strawpoll.me/13870391
strawpoll.me/13870391

Keep the poll alive

haha

oh shit is that a towel

if you zoom in, it's clearly the judy monkey.

Chairyl Lee lol

Or: theatre and audience

Is there a Virgin Frost vs Chad Lynch?

what? no pasta? what kind of sci-fi show is this?

>Thanks for coming to my pajama party, user :3

Yes.

So Cooper saved Laura from being killed by Leland/BOB, meaning she was never wrapped in plastic and discovered by Pete, but she was then whisked away by Judy or whatever. Does this mean she's still missing in the new timeline? Wouldn't the town go through a similar period of distress and have an investigation into her disappearance anyway?

jesus christ it's a towel

was laura actually a tulpa made of page?

>drape runners
nadine is jumping man/judy confirmed

What is the alternative? I mean, I think Lynch wants us to have theories. The fact that there are so many theories around right now is intentional on his part.

shiieeeet

>ywn spend the day curled up in bed with Maddy, some coffee, and a good book

Thanks for ruining my day user

WHAT THE FUCK WAS THE MONKEY

In the context of FWWM the mask is used to tell Laura that there's a man (BOB) behind a mask (Leland).
This could tie in with Sarah, actually. There's some creepy entity behind her mask. In fact, we see her taking off her mask LITERALLY and revealing what seems to be Judy (malevolent feminine spirit, creepy smile, black spiritual finger, etc).

Looks like an attractive version of Liza Minnelli.

so in conclusion briggs is judy, sarah is jumping man, ed's refelction is an example of alternate realities, it's the year 2003, and coop never gets his mind back. thanks for the upvotes, everyone!

Uh, I can see it.

Part 17 is greatly enhanced with the context of 18. But 17 is a much worse episode, and the rushed climax at the sheriffs station can't be excused, they did such meticulous build up for this to be the big finish only to then rush to get it over with when we finally get there, it could have been so much better.

18 is a masterpiece in mood and feeling, it has the best qualities of Lynch films, where you feel incredibly emotional watching it, without necessarily understanding why, it's just a gut feeling. Nothing is even that overt in the final hour, there's no hamfisted use of musical cues to bring out emotion, the sound design and ambient stuff is incredible but still minimal and subtle.

Think about that final scene and how almost no conventional means are taken to make it appear more tense, just the content speaking for itself. It's fucking masterful.

Sheryl Lee is wonderful in every way imaginable and then some!

>"okay david, now I know this series has kinda gone off the rails so we only have two hours left to resolve everything, but I think I've worked out a way we can wrap this all up nicely. Ed and Norma finally get engaged, Doppleganger cooper gets killed according to Brigg's plan, and then they all reunite for coffee and cherry pie at the weddi–"
>"THAT SOUNDS ALL VERY NICE AND TIDY, BUT I REFUSE TO GIVE THE FANS EXACTLY WHAT THEY WANT. WHAT ABOUT LAURA? HOW CAN WE MAKE IT ABOUT LAURA ALL OVER AGAIN?"
>"o-okay, well what if it turned out there was a way cooper could go back in time and stop laura from being kil–"
>"MARK, THE OTHER DAY MY SON SHOWED ME THESE JAPANESE CARTOONS CALLED THE ANIME, AND WHILE I WAS DOZING IN FRONT OF THE TV SOMETHING CAME TO ME IN A DREAM, AN IDEA THAT WE NEED ONE MORE EPISODE WHICH UNDERMINES EVERYTHING YOU'VE ALREADY WRITTEN FOR THE FINALE"
>"but if Cooper saves laura in the past then what else can we do with the show if the mystery never happened? wh-what about my upcoming novel?"
>"ITS ALRIGHT MARK, MY IDEA TAKES PLACE IN A DREAM TOO, IT WON'T MAKE A DARN BIT OF DIFFERENCE TO YOUR SHITTY FAN FICTION"

ahahahaahhaa Sheryl what are you doing wrapped up in that plastic silly lol haha come on out of there hahaha

she aged terribly

>briggs is judy
this is retarded

Jao Dey is ancient Sumerian for "to Lynch normies, utterly"

That shot of the house might be the scariest thing I've seen all season. With all its painful history and significance throughout the original run and FWWM, seeing it from such a sour and distressing perspective gave me the chills.

so was the whisper in the credits actually audible? I can't hear it because I'm at work

Yeah, but Cooper wouldn't get in the investigation, and the timeloop would get unraveled.

Somebody made a pic of this.

here

>Ultimate evil is literally Jew Day
Is Lynch an antisemitic person?

What was Ray thinking here?

>ed's refelction is an example of alternate realities
huh? What the fuck did I miss here?

>realizing there is no explanation for any aspect of this shit whatsoever

>realizing lynch and frost are hacks

I guess this is growing up

ODUo geh jJEosn

jiāo dài - to hand over, to explain

the last thing david lynch wants to do in twin peaks is explain, hence the show's greatest evil being called jiāo dài (judy).

"I thought her name was Sheryl Lee Ralph"

It's basically episodes 25 and 26 of evangelion vs the end of evangelion. Although evangelion had more pleb filters than twin peaks, so end of eva is basically the unanimously preferred ending

Reminder that Sarah is not Judy.

The Jumping Man is part of Sarah, the reason every scene with him is tumultuous and tortured is because he's the lodge spirit that is the physical embodiment of the pain and sorrow. He attaches himself on others and is in constant turmoil endlessly stuck in a loop of their horrible agony and suffering.

The passage that leads to Jeffries is the Palmer house, a twisted version of it, in it lives TJM and just like Sarah, is in constant loop of agony.

nope. the point of that shot is to reinforce the mystery which Frost and Lynch never wanted to unveil in the first place. the execs forced them to reveal what she said in s2, but with the s3 finale retconning the entire twin peaks universe it leaves the question of what she said entirely open-ended. quite beautiful if you think about it.

So have you all learned how a cellphone works?

so sick of this fucking reddit meme

Judy

why is andy outside the dream

Gordon definitely didn't say "dài", fuck off back to plebbit.

>tfw no black grandmas

It's so weird to watch hurricane coverage, to be an audience to it, and know that it's going to kill people in the next day or so and there's absolutely nothing you can do about it. Nothing at all. It's going to happen. They're going to die.

>my son showed me the anime
bitch do you think david lynch, a savvy film director doesnt know of anime by now?

Jared, you madman!

Man, that shot of JM descending the stairs is fucking horrifying. It doesn't even look like he's walking, just sort of floating down

They sure are.

"So, Ray accidentally texts me thinking he's making a google search.."

what happened the day he died /tpg/?

>Block Richard

lel

not enough Jumping Man in the Return desu

would have been so fucking cool if Bowie was alive and they had a reveal of him in that room with Jumping Man next to him

Too bad Cooper doesn't know that

The Cooper from S1 and 2 is the same Cooper as the one that appears in FWWM

But the Sarah that talks with Cooper through his dreams is not the same as The one that appears in the end of FWWM (crying/laughing with Cooper)

What's up with this?

Does it strike anyone as significant that the Sarah scene in part 17 is where everything starts to go horribly wrong?

>alt universe where Bowie didn't die and could be on the show
>Lynch turns him into a fucking teapot anyway
how LYNCHED would you be?

I wonder how often she wakes up to 500 texts from Ray, all with variants of "black grannies"

It would at least be his real voice, which would be enough for me.

Ray and Sheryl joint interviews are the comfiest shit ever.

The one with her and Dana Ashbrook at the UK Festival is fucking great too

this

>watch it Palmer

>"I'll see you at the curtain call"

>when a performance is over and the actors emerge out-of-character to confront the audience

really puts the joggin' in your noggin' don't it

Spirit rose a metre and stepped aside. Then somebody else took his place and bravely cried "I'm a black star!"

pretty sick that once big ed started to TM at the counter he finally got norma. david if you're readng this where do I send this check for $10,000?

i'll snap your gregory

>tfw Sup Forums holds no appeal for me anymore now that twin peaks is off the air
thanks for all the memeories, /tpg/. I'll see you again in 25 years.

>people endlessly debating plot mechanics rather than sticking with the basics and letting the emotional currents wash over you

stop coming up with insane theories you knobs. the ending is clear. a woman is dragged back through the memory of her suffering and misery. a man who tried to play god becomes trapped and starts to lose his sense of identity and purpose. he messed up, he didn't accept that the past cannot be undone, he went too far, his sin is pride. the end is misery and bleakness. grow up.

Everything you just said is contradicted by the show

was it a metaphor for the afterlife?

So, we can all agree that The Straight Story, Eraserhead and Fire Walk with me are Lynch's best films?

reddit obsessed

>stop coming up with insane theories
>comes up with insane theory
how is Cooper playing God when he's following the orders of a superior being (the Fireman) diligently? That's the opposite of playing god, that's just what you personally want the show to be about, no different from any theoryfag

>uoy revo hsaw stnerruc lanoitome eht gnittel dna scisab eht htiw gnikcits naht rehtar scinahcem tolp gnitabed ylsseldne elpoep

.pu worg .ssenkaelb dna yresim si dne eht .edirp si nis sih ,raf oot tnew eh ,enodnu eb tonnac tsap eht taht tpecca t'ndid eh ,pu dessem eh .esoprup dna ytitnedi fo esnes sih esol ot strats dna deppart semoceb dog yalp ot deirt ohw nam a .yresim dna gnireffus reh fo yromem eht hguorht kcab deggard si namow a .raelc si gnidne eht .sbonk uoy seiroeht enasni htiw pu gnimoc pots

Yes, but if you add Mulholland Drive to the list.

that oh Angelo shit makes me laugh every time

>tfw when you fuck up on a COSMIC scale

It literally is a theory from that fucking site.

going to see FWWM tomorrow, i hope it won't be like this

It is HAPPENING again

>I could care Less
Guess you could, you illiterate womanchild.

We're never going to know what the fuck happened, are we? I know that Lynch's style, but I always separated Twin Peaks from the rest of his work. The last episode was like a copy of Lost Highway.