Laura as Wolverine is weird

Miles is cool because he was carrying on the legacy of Ultimate Pete and now he gets to be teen Spider Man while Pete gets to be Superior.

Whor is fine because there always needs a Norse God of Thunder

There have been other Hulks before and Cho gave Banner what he's always wanted. Plus he's Totally Awesome.

Captain America was always a mantle and Sam becoming Cap was a natural evolution for both him and Steve. Now he's the good Cap while Steve is evil.

I can't get behind this though. It's too fucking weird. Laura was already a superhero with her own identity and she's just wearing a female version of Logan's outfit. Everyone else has a unique outfit that compliments the original. Also it's not like the Wolverine persona was important to the world or anything so I don't even know why she's doing this.

she's cute like that

Well, she's just honoring her legendary, older clone.

I can't get behind any of them, it is all shit and forced

>Whor
>Miles
They're not great either

>Miles is cool
NOPE.

I always hearken back to her early days when at different time Daken AND Parker Spider-man made jokes at her about "Lady-Wolverine" and she was offend and spouted how she was and always WOULD BE her own person, smash cut to years later and THIS shit.

It's the outfit. Jane has a unique beautiful design. You can identify her if she was a sillohutte. She wears something a goddess would wear.

They put no thought into Laura's design. It's literally female Wolverine.

She did it for her boyfriend

Miles a shit, Whor is a god-awful PR stunt and anyone but Steve being Cap is retarded.

Back to Sup Forums with you

Not them, but without his powers, Miles isn't very interesting. The onlything he had going for him, taking Peter's place after he died, was taken away when he dropped into 616.

Hell, he has trouble standing out as a character in any team book he's in.

But why is it retarded?

I won't fight you on the others but why is the idea of anyone other than Cap retarded? The idea is fine. It's all in the execution.

For instance, Remender's Captain Falcon was much better than Spencer's even though I think both are fine.

Bendis pls go

He's black.

But Whor is shit.

>Not liking Superior BuckyCap

Get out of here Sup Forums

>It's literally female Wolverine.
Well she IS a clone afterall...

So, what kind of reason do they have for her replacing Logan anyway?
Is there even a reason, or did they just feel like having a girl wolverine now?

See

>Whor is fine because there always needs a Norse God of Thunder

No. Whor and that entire situation of Thor losing not only his hammer but his entire namesake is bullshit. After 2 years we still don't know why this is all happening. And dear god, all the "evil PATRIARCHY!!" and Roxxon -aka who gives a shit - storylines absolutely suck.

Is that still "no-hands" Hellion?

If not, FUCK MARVEL

the only good thing waid has done in anada and champions is the webs/rocket bromance

Okay, then why did she do it for her boyfriend?
Like, whats the context

I find it weird, too.
I feel a large part of her character was her finding herself and going away from being a clone of Logan and being a pre-programmed death machine.
Oh, but she's Wolverine now

Naw, it's time-displaced Angel

She did it because she thought it was what he wanted her to do. So much that she put herself in increasingly dangerous situations to live up to Logan.

You are correct on all counts.
In the sense of them making sense in-universe, I mean. Though I'd say that Miles makes no sense now he's in 616.
Miles and Jane are both written terribly, though, and I want Jane gone and Miles given to a decent writer.
I like SamCap, though. Yeah, I'm a faggot, whatever.

So, wait, is Logan dead now somehow then?

Yeah. Sealed in adamantium.
So you've now got both Laura and OML running around as Wolverine.
Laura's easily the worst of the DiversiLegacies because her being Wolverine shits on everything she was before.

>her...clone

wew

>>Not liking Superior BuckyCap
Was gonna post this.

How can other Caps even compete?

Almost 3 years.

Who better to be Wolverine than Logan's actual clone??

>Who better to be Wolverine?
This is the problem. We don't need one.
I guess, after reading her arc over the past decade, it seems sorta like they're kneecapping her.
Wolverine has decades of bloodstained history associated with the name. Logan didn't really want that for her--yes, yes I know x-Force happened. I guess what I'm saying is that she had a robust identity of her own and assuming the Wolverine title sorta shits on that.

But to answer your full question, yeah, she works I guess.

Honestly I'd have liked to see a book with Daken as "Wolverine", but with her as the lead as they butted heads and occasionally teamed up. Basically she'd be there to keep him on the straight and narrow.

>Liking Miles
>Liking Cho
>Not liking based Laura who is literally only one legacy character here.
Pathetic.

she actually looks great in that costume thanks to the artists for keeping her slim and athletic.

When did she put on that costume?

O5 Angel, who's currently fucking Laura, felt that she was too weird and violent.

So Laura in a desperate attempt to keep him fucking her pussy on a steady basis decided to start talking like a normal teenager girl and became the new Wolverine because Logan was a hero and that would probably make her boyfriend happy seeing her all normal and a hero to boot.

She's basically doing anything, ANYTHING, to keep her boyfriend pleased and liking her.

dubs of truth

I wonder if Laura is distracted from tracking a scent by her own menstruation.

>something something
>...bub

>Miles is cool
How the fuck do you expect to be taken seriously?

That's not what her ongoing looks like.

Laura has been shit since Bendis got his hands on her. Taylor's not doing any favors.

>whor is fine.
Stopped right there. OP is a dumb faggot.

>start talking like a normal teenager girl

That was an asspull, since she's been like this since Bendis took over x-men.

Laura has been shit since she was first shat into existence on that trash teen girl version of x-men.

This thread is also MINE

>a random unrelated person from an alternate universe being Spider-Man #2 is good
>a former Thor love interest becoming an Asgardian god is good
>a smart guy becoming a Hulk because he wants to is good

>Wolverine's daughter taking up his mantle after his death is weird and strange and doesn't make sense to me

Also,

>I don't even know why she's doing this

This is because you don't actually read comic books, because she has talked about it multiple times, in a number of books

>I don't even know why she's doing this
>So, wait, is Logan dead now somehow then?

Sup Forums in a nutshell

I have no problem with Laura taking up Logan's mantle after his death and have been enjoying the AN Wolverine comic thus far.

The thing is that Laura's writers tried really hard to make her more than just "girl Wolverine." Her entire character arc from day one was finding her own path and becoming her own person despite her origins and connections to Logan. Making her what she was intended not to be feels like all those years were pointless.

Though this is a cape comic we're talking about. Everything is pointless.

>Hey teenage girls! We have a superhero just for you! Join this cloned assassin ex-prostitute with multiple mental disorders on her wacky adventures with mini me, grumpy grandpa and the unreadable squirrel girl!

Eh, I'll be over here when marvel decides to make a real x-23 book.

I think the writer for Wolverine broke them up. Apparently it got ignored by that All New shit.

I've been out of the Miles loop for a while

Where's he getting his webfluid now that Ganke doesn't have Pete's formula to make it?
Does Spidey send him a web-fluid care-package every month?
Since Miles has no memories of his old universe, what pushed him to be a hero? Why did he swipe Pete's identity when Peter was around?
Without Pete's supporting cast, who pushed him to keep being a hero when he wanted to quit?
Where do his powers come from now? Or was Osborn making Oz-formula spiders for no discernible reason?
How many of his stories still work? Even vaguely. Pete's villains are wildly different in the main universe
Was Bendis too scared to write about an actual poor black school and that's why Miles won the school-scholarship lottery?

>It's a ''hey guys what if male superhero was female'' episode

Except it doesn't make anything pointless. If you actually read her comic, she's not transformed into Girl-Logan. She is still her own distinct person, and not like him.

She's still Laura. She merely wears his colors and uses his title as a symbol.

ANW has, quite correctly, almost completely ignored anything to do with Angel beyond the occasional reference to him still existing.

>We don't know.
>We don't know
>Bendis confirmed that Miles does have his memories of Ultimate, but he didn't want to spend time addressing it because he thought a Captain America-style man-out-of-time story would be boring and derivative...as he wrote up the script for Civil War II
>See last answer
>He kept his powers from the Ultimate Universe
>They still happened
>Bendis is insecure about writing black heroes as anything but incorruptable paragons who have little to no flaws. Which is why Riri and Miles have the personalities of cardboard, and Luke Cage is black Captain America

>Was Bendis too scared to write about an actual poor black school and that's why Miles won the school-scholarship lottery?

He's basically writing about his own kids. You know they don't go to the poor black school.

>>Bendis confirmed that Miles does have his memories of Ultimate, but he didn't want to spend time addressing it because he thought a Captain America-style man-out-of-time story would be boring and derivative...as he wrote up the script for Civil War II

Bendis says a lot of shit
Comics say Miles doesn't remember

Question is when is Logan coming back?

You act like Bendis hasn't blatantly ignored established canon before.

When Marvel stops thinking their comics act as adverts for Fox's movies

Hopefully never, since he's more than adequately replaced and offers literally nothing the combination of Laura and OML provide

Hopefully autistic clone Laura will die a horrible death soon. And the REAL Wolverine will come back, and punish the imposters.

Gaby will die?
Yes finally

meh, kids are rebellious, not wanting to be anything like their parents. then they get older and hope for nothing other than to be exactly like their parents.

I don't know if you've noticed but the opposite is true. Marvel and Fox have kept their Wolverine stuff relatively coordinated, it's not like the Fantastic Four black holing.

All the X clones will die.

Taken already was Wolverine, and then he died.

Now it's her turn.

You're right, it looks even better.

See and

My only problem is that Wolverine isn't really a mantle worth carrying on (in-universe, at least).

Who wants to preserve the legacy of a savage manlet? I never felt like anyone except certain X-Men had any respect for him, and heroes that avoided killing had disdain for him.

Though I suppose Laura of all people might have some respect for him.

>Now it's her turn.

Yeah... But it's actually not.
She's got the book as a placeholder, the replacement in place to keep Wolverine stories going until there's enough changes to make the original Wolverine's return from the dead seem all that much more bizarre.
Honestly, Logan has "died" before, and then when he's revealed to be alive he just stepped back into his place among the X-Men and it was as if nothing had ever changed.
This time they're doing something different to give it more pop.
This time, since he's been adamantiumed, the X-Men and the Avengers have disbanded and reformed and into multiple camps, wars have been fought, characters have died, villains have reformed, the atmosphere has become his new archnemesis, his old archnemesis has become background atmosphere, his oldest and most trusted superhero ally has become a goose-stepping Hydra goon, it's an even more awkward situation for another ally...

Wolverine's going to think that he woke up in another parallel reality again.
And when that story starts, it'll be time for Laura to step down and make way, because that was always the plan for her.

It doesn't get much more "legacy to live up to" than to be the guy's clone.

Wolverine was an Avenger and one of the top leaders of the X-Men, having quite literally taken over Professor X's role as founder and guy who ran the JGS.

Logan as a smelly savage manlet who didn't know his past was an aspect of his character he'd moved beyond.

But her book isn't telling "Wolverine stories". It's been telling Laura stories.

Like, absolutely nothing in that book is Laura doing stuff in Logan's place or picking up his threads. It's been about her issues, been about characters related to her alone, and her (admittedly short list of) adversaries.

The idea was born to promote something during WW2 and while blacks did fight, they were a tiny minority. The concept and purpose have broken along the way that the character if not for time hijinks shouldn't exist anymore, especially being a legacy honestly.

I think most people dislike falcap because of leftist shit and whedon shit and other things that turned his natural evolution into their agenda vehicle, same with all the other ideas they've done lately.

>Honestly I'd have liked to see a book with Daken as "Wolverine", but with her as the lead as they butted heads and occasionally teamed up. Basically she'd be there to keep him on the straight and narrow.
I'm the user you replied to and I agree with everything you said but I guess I'm just saying if you wanna give Wolverine a legacy, X-23 is just fine for it.
Also your Daken/Laura idea sounds fun.

This.
He not only moved past that, but they had multiple stories about him moving past that just to drive it home for the casuals.
It was a whole thing that kept coming back up over and over again for years.

Take your racist alternate history lesson back to Sup Forums.
Your sick little headcanon is not reality, and having to point this out on Sup Forums is redundant.

As a non-poor black I welcome this depiction.

Sick of hood shit.

That isn't headcanon, that is origin of his character, explain what is racist about pointing out history. In terms of pure numbers, blacks fighting for the U.S were a numerical minority by far.

The creation of the character as a propaganda tool is central to his origin and is so far removed from when it was created that it no longer serves the same purpose, to point of it being hijacked by people that would have hated his initial inception and been devoid of purpose now except as a brand and merchandising vehicle.

Instead of feeling threatened, point out where I'm wrong on a thematic level.

They had falcap siding with illegal immigrants against his country, if that isn't as far removed from purpose of the character, you tell me.

Also to add onto my point, there is nothing stopping him from being the Falcon, I just think cap should be retired. Or timelocked to when his character had a purpose and point.

Why would anyone ever want to be a dumb bitch/abusive asshole?

If I am to be honest, I don't mind the idea of Old!Laura becoming Wolverine after Logan died. The irony of the Howlett family heirs would have increased dramatically which would have been nice and it could have actually been heartwarming like Bucky taking over Cap's role.

But... This Laura... she just irks me. She has no real identity nor is her previous history important. Her personality, pre-Bendis is handwaved away as she is keeping up apperances for her boyfriend and her previous supporting cast barely gets mentioned. Seriously, the only difference between Riri Williams, a character that is coming out a vaccum to replace a previously established character despite having no reason to, and this Wolverine is that this one has the name of a previously established character.

The U.S. Army was segregated during World War 2, you imbecile.
Black Americans were rarely allowed near combat, so you're condemning an entire race for being discriminated against by their own government.
You feel proud? You think you struck a mighty blow against "Sup Forumsumblr" this day?
You're a disgrace to your entire inbred albino subspecies.
Go back to Sup Forums and whine about your latest failure, you know you're going to.

So that somehow changes history because they were excluded from serving? I wouldn't disagree with you and I neither feel proud or anything, I was pointing out why Cap being the way he is made sense for the time period and why I felt he should be retired, I think you have the bias and are angry about something though.

if you're angry about being the other or the 'other-ing' in general well, get over it because that wasn't the point in any of the posts.

Nor does it explain why you're so hostile because i'm pointing out that Cap is wrong vehicle for these changes.

If they had stuck to Falcon's original characterization, we wouldn't be having this little tiff. Also if you dislike criticism of characters that are black, you'll understand why you end up with flawless characters that nobody likes because of people like you that cannot handle criticism or flaws.

>They had falcap siding with illegal immigrants against his country, if that isn't as far removed from purpose of the character, you tell me.

>"I dont understand Captain America"