Farside Comics

When I was a kid I thought that the tools were from right to left, a saw, a rake, a hammer, and a hard hat. I thought the joke was that cows would make really shitty at making tools.

Funny enough, that was the joke.

You had some clarity as a kid.

At least you weren't one of the many chumps who begged Larson for an explanation.

Better?

goddammit

No fucking way.

...i am mildy amused and only slightly surprised.

I must be retarded cuz I dont get any of this.

One day we shall find God and in His Eyes only this will reflect back

I can understand not getting the Cow tools joke but you're on Sup Forums and can't recognize Loss?

no

Maybe this will help

I always thought it was that cows are alien to us and therefore their tools make no sense to us.

I guess it's just the way he draws them

na dude, i think im just retarded.

Keep trying.
You'll see it

Heh

I mean.. if there is a joke here, its totally going over my head, or just really dont find it funny. maybe both, maybe im still just retarded

You're retarded

google loss.jpeg

Did G Larson himself admit this comic caused him nothing but headaches due to people constantly asking him what the joke and/or usage of the tools was?

Mother of God.

he did

Gary larson had an entire speach about this one skit in one of his books. Said it warped more brains than anything he had ever drawn.
To quote Gary "I made one of them look like a saw and that just got everybody trying to figure out what the others were, they werent anything, they were just random objects, but people kept trying to figure it out".

I always thought the joke was if cows made tools they would have no use for them, which is why it had that dumb vacant look on its face.

Named a trope for it too... really good meta joke there