Comfy Cartoon

What's a good comfy, adult-oriented cartoon that isn't Family Guy tier stupid?

Something like Rick and Morty, that can get really sad at times but has an understated optimism despite it all, would be nice.

Bojack is good but it's too unceasingly depressing for me at the moment.

>adult-oriented cartoon

Most cartoons are family orientated.

I recommend "Superjail"

Venture Bros

What's your point?
I could never get into that.
I need to watch more of that. I saw a few random episodes and dug it.

All the best comfycore is in family-friendly shows. But if you really wanna stick with just adult-oriented, I think Duckman might be what you're looking for. It's cynical and ugly, but it sometimes does have it's bright moments.

Also the main character is voiced by Jason Alexander so that's a plus.

I'm also adding The Critic to the list. Shit is underrated as fuck.

If you liked Freaks and Geeks, go check this out

>All the best comfycore is in family-friendly shows.
Okay, I'm open to suggestions. I was just really looking for something to tide me over until season 3 of R&M, which I find to be the comfiest show ever despite how bleak it gets.

This thread is MINE too btw

If you want comfy watch The Weekenders and Ruby Gloom.

But rick and morty is family guy levels of stupid

It has some dumb fart jokes and other gross-out humor, but if you think that's literally all it has to offer, you're mistaken.

Archer

Forget the sadness. Enjoy good-hearted banter between family and friends (and the actual commedian bits are cool sometimes). Such a comfy show.

You'd probably enjoy God, the Devil, and Bob. It's pretty mellow and optimistic. King of the Hill too, but I assume you're familiar with it.

I can't really agree with Rick and Morty being either comfortable or optimistic, but by those standards Ugly Americans seems up your alley. Mark's a pretty optimistic guy.

I don't know why I find it comfortable. I say optimistic because there are numerous episodes where they literally make it through BECAUSE they care about each other. There's this recurring sense that they're all fucked up people but they also all care about each other (besides probably Jerry and Rick, who seem to just tolerate each other). I'd be surprised if Rick and Morty has a downer ending, unless it gets canceled unexpectedly.

As long as we agree that you realize that eggs are the perfect food

Vouch for Venture Bros. Probs one of the comfiest cartoons to binge.

I was going to say SU, but you're looking for comfy adult shows so I'm not sure.

King of the Hill is pretty damn comfy, same with Duckman.

Possibly Futurama if you haven't seen that. Honestly, a good one, even though it's technically a kids cartoon would be Scooby Doo Mystery Inc. And as others said, Venture Bros.

Mike Tyson Mysteries was pretty good desu.
Character interaction was surprisingly very funny, Mike Tyson's not hailed as a god in-universe for being famous, and there's no super deep lore or symbolism or any of that jazz.

Venture Brothers for sure, and I'd also recommend Ugly Americans.

>Mike Tyson Mysteries
>something that can get really sad at times
I agree that it's great but doesn't really sound like what OP is looking for

F

Home Movies
Mission Hill
Boondocks

Home Movies

Futurama.

It's sad when you think about how far real life MT has fallen

>FUCK YES.
Out There was so good! I hate that it was doomed from the start being shown on a channel nobody knows.

I really hope Ryan Quincy can ditch Future-Worm! and have this show revived on [adult swim] or something...

This. Top tier comfy

Moral Orel and Venture Bros

Moral Orel
Archer

King of the Hill

MTV's Downtown

Daria
Ugly Americans

Home Movies.

That show is so fucking funny

Definitely this.

Here we go, and add Frisky Dingo to that. Only like 4 hours of content that shit is good. Both by Adam Reed.