I've been reading a lot about Rhodesia, Sup Forums

I've been reading a lot about Rhodesia, Sup Forums.

I always lumped it in with SA and thought white rule = apartheid = oppressed blacks.
>inb4 liberal burger education

From what I can glean it started to go downhill for them when they split from the Crown. Then SA betrayed them and cut off their oil, then Kissinger and Jimmy Carter helped put the final nails in that coffin.

The country was given to Mugabe and he destroyed it and murdered thousands of white farmers and stole their homes. Then he murdered even more Ndebele blacks (the enemy tribe of Mugabe's tribe, the Shona), destroyed the national economy and installed himself as a permanent dictator. The Rhodesian dollar was roughly 1:1 with the American dollar for years. The Zimbabwean dollar is 362:1.

Why isn't it ever talked about? Is this what happens when you appease the left? Is it a mess of unintended consequences and corruption, or did anyone predict it would end this way?

>Rhodesians Never Die by Clem Tholet
youtube.com/watch?v=tBVDdr3wqm4

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Grande_Hotel_Beira
youtu.be/ppJnzDrgMdY
youtu.be/0S2NKlMW0vc
youtu.be/4FLva7YnyK8
spainvia.com/iansmithtribute.htm
zimbabwesituation.com/news/zimsit_ian-smith-has-the-last-laugh-in-his-grave/
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Beira_Patrol
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rudd_Concession#Agreement
youtube.com/watch?v=5tCMI0uKbBE
newobserveronline.com/truth-lies-south-african-history/
youtube.com/user/streamlifely/videos
youtube.com/user/streamlifely/video
youtu.be/Gf5LRUiGnjA
youtube.com/channel/UCA6tXYyxM-S-gJ1pJw8nWpA/videos
youtube.com/results?search_query=Alexandra Fuller
youtu.be/ckMQq60Xfmk
youtube.com/watch?v=GABO3I-uxrU
youtube.com/watch?v=WQDqEVpM1_c
youtube.com/watch?v=HHO4I_zlAXk
youtube.com/watch?v=MuySfjyYSNg
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>10 years late to /k/ fashion
Kill thyself.

>Why isn't it ever talked about?
I don't understand it either. Where was your precious queen and royal family then England? Where was the commonwealth? You're all disgusting leftists.

>Why isn't it ever talked about?

Absolutely no way to integrate the reality of Rhodesia into the lefty progressive framework.

Here's another great link OP: en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Grande_Hotel_Beira

>see images of the Rhodesian Bush War
>naturally curious, never heard of Rhodesia before
>wealth of information just from talking to guys on /k/
>go to wikipedia page
>"white devil"

My most heartbreaking redpill.

It's such a great country with all this history, and hardly nobody will ever know about it.

>hurr durr you don't know your 4chinz

Shouldn't you be jerking off on a figurine instead of poorly b8ing my thread? Eat a bucket of AIDS, faggot.

When exactly did England become embarrassed by it's colonial past?

Did the Portuguese just pack up shop and ditch Africa completely or what?

It seemed like a pretty nice country for a while.

it isn't talked about because it shows how foolish the current Jew World Order plan to replace Aryans with subhumans really is.

bump for rhodesia

OOGA BOOGA FUCK WHITEY

From Wikipedia's article on Ian Smith, former PM of Rhodesia:

>After some weeks of illness, Ian Smith died in Cape Town on 20 November 2007 at the age of 88, having suffered a stroke. Jean was with him. His ashes were returned to Zimbabwe and scattered by his family at Gwenoro. The farm continued to operate under the ownership of Smith's stepchildren until December 2012, when it was expropriated by the Mugabe administration as part of the land reform programme and given to a technical college.

>Investigations into alleged electoral fraud during the 2008 presidential and parliamentary elections in Zimbabwe, when ZANU–PF was accused of using dead "ghost voters" to counter Morgan Tsvangirai and the Movement for Democratic Change (MDC), revealed that Smith and hundreds of thousands of other dead people were still on the electoral roll. According to the Zimbabwe Election Support Network's audit report, published in 2011, deceased "voters" made up 27% of the registered electorate. Mugabe had insisted during his ultimately victorious campaign in 2008 that he would not allow the MDC to take power even if it won, asserting that "only God" could remove him from office. Smith was finally struck off the voters' roll in April 2013, along with 345,000 other dead people.

Mugabe stole his family farm where his ashes were scattered, and then had him vote for Mugabe after his death. That's fucked.

Blacks stole:

>His country

>His farm

>His vote

>The country was given to Mugabe and he destroyed it and murdered thousands of white farmers and stole their homes. Then he murdered even more Ndebele blacks (the enemy tribe of Mugabe's tribe, the Shona), destroyed the national economy and installed himself as a permanent dictator. The Rhodesian dollar was roughly 1:1 with the American dollar for years. The Zimbabwean dollar is 362:1.

Zimbabwean dollar is probably 362000000:1 to 'murrican one.

>Did the Portuguese just pack up shop and ditch Africa completely or what?
the Portuguese basically got killed/chased out of Angola and Mozambique.. Many ran to Rhodesia.

Rhodesia's Rebellion: 50th Anniversary of UDI
youtu.be/ppJnzDrgMdY

Rhodesia 1976
youtu.be/0S2NKlMW0vc

Fun Rhodesia
youtu.be/4FLva7YnyK8
---------------------------------------
A TRIBUTE TO IAN DOUGLAS SMITH

spainvia.com/iansmithtribute.htm
---------------------------------------------------------

Ian Smith has the last laugh in his grave

zimbabwesituation.com/news/zimsit_ian-smith-has-the-last-laugh-in-his-grave/

You do realise it was the USA that forced Britain's hand on decolonisation, right?

America is cancer.

First Angola and Mozambique went (the Portuguese were murdered en masse), then Zambia and Rhodesia and then South Africa.
It's the story of a colonial country that was built from dust into the bread basket of Africa, promised dominion (Like New Zealand) by Britain if it federated (which it did) and then denied it - unless it gave the country one man one vote. The only problem was that 70% the country was still in the neolithic-bronze age. They were denied Dominion and so like America ,they declared Independence. The West plunged them into total 100% Sanctions for claiming independence. Worse sanctions than Iraq. Only South Africa supported them. At the same time Russia and China trained and armed rebels in the countries around them and attacked.

They held on against incredible odds and were victorious. They acquiesced to one man one vote with ONE stipulation. NO Communist majority. Small concession right ? During their second election the populace was terrorized to vote for the Communists and Robert Mugabe took over. That was 40 years ago. Mugabe is still the Dictator. Meanwhile he stole all the white farms and plunged the country into starvation after killing 10's of thousands of Blacks and printed so much money that a loaf of bread cost several quadrillion dollars. That obviously killed anyone's life savings..

40,000 white people are still stuck there with no rights, no representation. The old are dieing of very treatable disease and infirmities.
Many of them only eat when food is givien to them. There are no jobs and their money and life savings became worthless many years ago.
In a country where you and you father and grandfather were born.

The story of a country that was being born and died during it's birth.. It's a shame on the entire civilized world for letting it happen.
It's the story of a country that fought against 100:1 odds and never lost. They were betrayed by their closest ally for who they had spilled blood to protect for 100 years.

Likely south africa too. The dutch influence couldn't have that.

>British SA
Prosperous, global trader, peaceful
>Boer SA
Riots, embargoes, oppression, republicans

>Then SA betrayed them and cut off their oil
That is bullshit. The only reason they had any oil at all was because we were helping them import it through our country and territorial waters.

It was the fucking bongs as usual who blockaded them.

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Beira_Patrol

Might as well be user

I remember reading about Johannesburg, and how the office buildings became squats overnight. Gotta watch Empire of Dust again.

Thanks for the links user. It's like watching a secret history that's been suppressed.

Thanks for writing this user. I've read about Mugabe's 5th brigade, trained by the North Koreans and the shit they did. Why does the international community not address his dictatorship more often?

My mistake SAnon, thanks for the correction

>Ian Smith has the last laugh in his grave
>zimbabwesituation.com/news/zimsit_ian-smith-has-the-last-laugh-in-his-grave/

kek.

>Take for instance, last year when the government spent nearly US$50 million in foreign travels, a figure that is double what was spent on education [US$25 million] with the energy sector getting a meagre US$16 million. This sheer extravagancy happens when schools can’t afford to buy basic textbooks let alone universities having running water to drink and flash toilets.

>In 2011, public documents show that Mugabe gobbled a staggering US$29 million in travel expenses and not to mention the recent trip to New York this year in September for the UN General Assembly Conference which is estimated to have cost the taxpayer around US$500 000 in just five days for the presidential entourage made up of 80 people.

maybe white people should have just stayed in europe and not have been so delusional in thinking they could rule over a mass of brown people as a minority for any appreciable amount of time without eventually genociding them

just sayin

Being a Zimbabwean henchmen must be pretty plush like

I remember when I learned that Mandela was not a "peace activist" as he is always described over here.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rudd_Concession#Agreement

Just sayin'

Saint Mandela ?

Mate, Africa is exactly what happens when the left gets its way. It's been a testing ground for leftist policies for the last century and it's been a complete disaster

Inventor of neclacing.

I really hope there is a Hell and that guy is in it.

Yeah, it was called post-apartheid South Africa

The only reason genocide happened was because other white people helped those blacks and stirred them up with communist crap

Hell isn't a bad place if you are the one running it.

>Thanks for writing this user. I've read about Mugabe's 5th brigade, trained by the North Koreans and the shit they did. Why does the international community not address his dictatorship more often?
youtube.com/watch?v=5tCMI0uKbBE

The whites were in Southern Africa first. Whites created a decent society and civilisation, and black began to gravitate towards those societies; first South Africa, then Rhodesia.

The blacks are just as much colonial settlers as the British and Dutch are. They (technically known as the Bantus) migrated down from what is now the Congo about 400 years ago.

Agreed

Truth and Lies about South African History:
Blacks Are Not “Indigenous” and arrived at same time as whites
newobserveronline.com/truth-lies-south-african-history/

This Youtuber grew up in Ian Smith's Rhodesia.

youtube.com/user/streamlifely/videos

>"Dem evil white colonists"
>"Go back to Europe"

Yea, the more I learn about 20th century American foreign policy the more I think revolution was a mistake

The American revolution was sparked over literally laughable reasons. The whole "muh taxes and tea" meme is so laughable and simplistic it beggars belief that people still believe it. Compared to the average modern-day taxes in the US, the colonists had literally nothing to complain about. They were simply rebellious idiots who were in outright rebellion against lawful, established authority. They were anything but conservative.

The thirteen colonies actually had the highest standard of living in the world at the time they rebelled lel

>youtube.com/user/streamlifely/video
These as well

Arthur Kemp - youtu.be/Gf5LRUiGnjA
----------------------------------------------
History Reviewed Channel - youtube.com/channel/UCA6tXYyxM-S-gJ1pJw8nWpA/videos
-----------------------------------------------
Alexandra Fuller
youtube.com/results?search_query=Alexandra Fuller

>I've been reading a lot about Rhodesia

you mean Zimbabwe dont you white imperialist?

A year ago, and I'm not even joking, it was 35,000,000,000,000,000:1
Yes, thirty-five quadrillion.

namibia got a crop boom just because of a few hundred farmers who fled zimbabwe

>laughable reasons

nah, no one wants to pay britshits some sort of taxes

those fucking privileged anglo turds.

The Feels

A Rhodeisan song by John Edmound about the split between the UK and Ian smiths Rhodesia as many people in both countries did not wish it to end the way it has!

youtu.be/ckMQq60Xfmk

DELETE THIS

If you hate it so much, why do so many of your trashy countrymen go to live there?

Subscribe to Ms. Armstrong if you haven't already. She makes very good anti-SJW videos.

The New Zealander has it right.

The initial spark of the revolution was caused by absolute plebeian sentiment. It only gained legitimacy once a bunch of upper class statesman took advantage of it and co-opted the revolution in order to try out some enlightenment political philosophy.

>countrymen

I dont have a country, it was destroyed by bolsheviks commie kikes.

Now it's the UK's turn to get rekt by them

there are so many Rhodesians and South Africans in oz now. There are 5 in my small workplace. Good, hard working people. Literally the only good immigrants since WW2

white rule = no mud huts

Will do!

>tfw they couldn't keep them north of the Zambezi

>Why does the international community not address his dictatorship more often?
Because they have absolutely no problem with it.
Did you know that the leader of MSF threw a literal physical tantrum and threatened to leave a boat party with high French government officials because one of them mentioned Operation Cast Lead?
There is no one less moral than the publicly moral.

ooga booga whhere dey at

They did, the Army was holding the colonies well enough, though at great cost. Then part of the army overthrew the military government over conflicts about promotions and payments. A leftist government followed, which handed out the colonies immediatly. The Alberto Barbosas knew well what would happen, and all packed up and left immediatly.

>there was a brief time when Rhodesia could have this "hip" propaganda with middle class whites and blacks before it all went to shit

Bear in mind only a third of British Americans supported independence. Another third were loyalists, and the rest just sat the conflict out.

wut

Zimbabwean dancing and singing a Chinese Communist song after the indoctrination...

>hip propadanga
I figured that, Rhodesia wasn't around too long

Sorry senpai, we fucked Europe beyond recognition. Literally.

Let's ignore the fact that the Brits started going door to door and taking people's guns, or that they were forcing people to house soldiers without their consent, or that the colonists had no representation. Ignore all of that, and look at the modern state of affairs in Britain. You could argue, and even possibly convince me that the American Revolution was bullshit and fought over bullshit reasons, sure.

But you will never convince me that modern Britain > United States.

youtube.com/watch?v=GABO3I-uxrU

youtube.com/watch?v=WQDqEVpM1_c

youtube.com/watch?v=HHO4I_zlAXk

The US is not perfect by any regard, but today it is much more free than the UK, and for that reason alone I am extremely thankful we sent those twats back to their rainy island.

Sounds like America is getting the same, you'll have to come home soon son.

Say it with me

C U C K E D

U

C

K

E

D

She destroys self-hating whites in this vid:
youtube.com/watch?v=MuySfjyYSNg

>modern Britain > United States.
We exported the industrial and technological revolutions for the world to benefit. You've exported wars, instability, financial crisis, vanity and superficially. Top that off with niggers and guns and I know where I'm better off m8 although I do love a 3Floyds

"it creates narcisicm as a compensation for it's suffering"

sounds about right

thats zambia

Dutch immigrants best immigrants though, I bet you dont even know there went hundreds of thousands of Dutch to your country right after ww2 because of the homeland in ruins, since after a generation or two they will integrate flawlessly.
t. Dutch emigrant

Great video.

Yep, if you're going to be a positive influence on the world around you, it's definitely a prerequisite that you believe that you believe that you are truly a good, intelligent person at your core, and that you deserve nice things in life, including love from both yourself and others.

Of course, that doesn't mean blindly swinging to stupid extremes and believing that you're so unquestionably kind that anyone who criticizes your behavior is the devil, so intelligent that you don't need to listen to opinions that don't conform to your own, and that you're so deserving of nice things and love that anyone who denies you is an asshole and possibly a bigot. Unfortunately, we've forgotten to teach these dumb kids about nuance. You can't just acknowledge these things. You need to strive for them. We all have potential to be horrible, stupid people who deserve a shovel to the back of the head, too.

That song makes me really sad. It seems like they could have been something.

F, i guess

It's sad because when I listen to those Rhodesian singer songwriters they could easily be American or British - but instead they're part of a country that the world has willingly forgotten.