What the fuck happened to Mock the Week? It has to be the worst panel show still running...

What the fuck happened to Mock the Week? It has to be the worst panel show still running. Am I just wearing rose-tinted glasses or was it always shit?
Fuck me, even The Last Leg is better than this collection of Z-list comedians trying and failing to be funny.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=fnZZgkOI_7k
youtube.com/watch?v=iFs0SLf0c8o
youtube.com/watch?v=-RcpCuJwS0g
dailymotion.com/video/xsvaeo
youtube.com/watch?v=YXOu4ePnMM8
youtube.com/watch?v=GdvD4Fhc_K8
dailymotion.com/video/x3h51eo
youtube.com/watch?v=-I3qREbKqLw
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>it's a Dara says "errrrrrr" at the end of every sentence episode

>worst panel show

It's like saying worst bucket of shit

>What the fuck happened to Mock the Week?
Dara O'Brien

It really went to shit when BBC blacklisted Frankie Boyle.

is this some sort of brit thing?

>quota niggers
>quota women
>all the original comedians gone
Honestly you'll find better comedy at your local pub now.

>Z-list comedians
But that's every British comedian.

Has been shit since Boyle left. It lost it's edge and went ultra PC.

No more tranny jokes. No more racism jokes.

OFFICIAL PANEL SHOW POWER LEVELS

GOD TIER
>Have I Got News For You (pre-UKIP/Brexit era)
>8 Out of 10 Cats does Countdown

>8 Out of 10 Cats

MID
>Nevermind The Buzzcocks
>The Big Fat Quiz of the Year

LOW
>Mock the Week
>A League of Their Own
>Would I Lie to You?

SHIT
>QI
>Celebrity Juice

It's always been shit. Andy Parsons is one of the most unfunny people I have ever witnessed. It's just terrible stand-ups on the circuit parcelling out bits of their sets.

Dara's fine, he's the only one keeping the show alive, if you can call it alive.

This. You can track the decline of the show to the point where Boyle left.

The panelists are literally nobodies at this stage though, people they got from a local pub's open mic night. Established comedians avoid the show like the plague and it's become an openly stated running joke that appearing on Mock the Week destroys your credibility as a comedian.

what would be Sup Forumss ideal panel show lineup?

Just fucking off yourself. HIGNFY is the least funny pile of shit on television.

Celebrity Juice was top tier when they made Holly Willoughby do lewd things

Always been shit. At least other panel shows at least try to hide the fact that the panelists are just reading off the jokes from their comedy sets.

>LOW
>>Would I Lie to You?
m8 wot are you even doing

I don't watch TV anymore but that was always great. The best panel shows are on the radio:

>The Unbelievable Truth
>I'm Sorry I Haven't A Clue
>The News Quiz (pre-UKIP/Brexit era)

It used to be good.

>>Would I Lie to You?
>LOW
nah, it's mid at the very least, Lee and David have become pretty one note in the past few years but it's still enjoyable
8Oo10CdC is not god tier either
Andy parsons is fucking terrible. Back when Frankie was on I always thought he must've hated being around "comedians" like Parsons and Russell Howard

>those names
I prefer Bubble and Squeak the Cheeky Talky Show myself guvnah

I stopped watching when they got rid of Frankie because he hurt some feelings. You knew it was all downhill from there.

>The News Quiz (pre-UKIP/Brexit era)

I haven't listened to The News Quiz in years but it used to be hysterical. I guess it's just turned into DRUMPF jokes and Brexit is the worst thing to ever happen to mankind.

>(pre-UKIP/Brexit era)
>I got into politics and it started triggering me
There has been no change in years, it was shit long before then.

>burgers cant into comedy

figures

Host: Jimmy Carr/Stephen Fry/Simon Amstell/Mark Lamarr/The Tall Cunt That Does Pointless

David Mitchell
Sean Lock
Richard Ayoade

Bill Bailey
Rob Brydon
Lee Mack

>I guess it's just turned into DRUMPF jokes and Brexit is the worst thing to ever happen to mankind.

That's pretty much all political comedy is nowadays.

>Stephen Fry

Paedophile detected.

I'd probably replace Bailey with Bob Mortimer, but you have a good lineup there.

Wilty is kino bud. Just for mack and David bants

>it's the dude with the fucked up hands episode

comedians you have literally never laughed at?

This has got to be some elaborate bait because some things are correct and half of it is obviously objectively wrong.
HIGNFY has been shit for years and those two old farts they have as regulars lost their touch a long, long time ago.
QI and WILTY are amazing.

Real list:

GOD TIER
>WILTY
>QI
>Cats does Countdown

TOP TIER
>8 out of 10 cats before Rob Beckett and Aisling Bea took over as team captains
>NMTB

LOW TIER
>Mock the Week
>HIGNFY currently

REALLY DEPENDS ON THE LINE-UP TIER
>Big Fat Quiz (Mel B absolutely ruined that episode she was in)

NEEDS TO BE BROUGHT BACK TIER
>Shooting Stars

>british panel shows

truly for the euphoric and enlightened 16-year-old atheists who admire comedic giants like jimmy carr, frankie boyle and andy parsons

This the BBC changed it's laws to have forced diversity.

Nevermind The Buzzcocks

The likes of the Mark Lamarr era will never be seen again on Tv.

He always makes me cringe when he's on QI. So many of his jokes just get greeted by complete silence from the audience and the panelists in such a way that they can't even edit it in a flattering way. He also loves to resort to shouting very loudly in an attempt to get laughs

Buzzcocks was absolutely godly with Lamarr. I liked Amstell too but things got shit when Fielding came along instead of Bailey.

feel like hugh dennis is only there because it's comfy. he's actually a witty, charismatic, intelligent comedian. wasted on this heap of shit.

show went to shit when frankie left pretty much, although that's not to say comrade frankie's career has hit europhic heights since either.

russell howard made a career off the back of this, but his star has seriously faded recently.

>Aisling Bea
all of my cum. god tier wife material.

not even american, these shows are getting stale and those panelists with their smug faces after a scripted joke aren't helping

Any female comedian, especially Sue Perkins who must be amazing at blowjobs to keep getting employed.

total nazis

Once you notice this you can't stop. So many other comedians do it too

>HOH HOH HOH HOH HOH

>Any female comedian
This.

youtube.com/watch?v=fnZZgkOI_7k

a lot of the newer ones coming through seem pretty shit. but maybe I'm just old and cynical now. nish kumar for example, i really didn't find funny. it's not a brownie thing though, i really like romesh.

never found michael mcintrye funny either.

jack dee is my personal favourite, all time. frankie boyle (selectively), lee mack, sean lock all gooduns. jason manford and kevin bridges are good too, but less consistently.

jimmy carr is alright, but he's very repetitive and i see too much of him

people who go into stand up are mad man. to actually put yourself in front of a crowd, usually no training or anything, and take the punt that you can make these people laugh is excruciatingly difficult.

hopefully it'll help that the audience are a bit loose, and in the mood to laugh. but at the starting stage it must be fucking torture when a joke falls flat.

takes an insane amount of graft to go anywhere too (unless you're jack whitehall and daddy bankrolls everything)

Would I Lie to You is the only British panel show I've actually enjoyed.

The funniest thing Andy Parsons has ever done was try and run in the Test Match Special 60th anniversary match.
I hate that gammy fuck so God damned much. Him, Josh Widdicombe, and that weirdo with the huge teeth all make me seethe with rage just at the thought of them.

>feel like hugh dennis is only there because it's comfy. he's actually a witty, charismatic, intelligent comedian. wasted on this heap of shit.
Hugh is a decent comedian in everything else I've seen him in. I'm pretty sure the reason he's still on Mock the Week is because of the easy money. It's an easy job, 12 shoots a year, and I'm sure his salary increases with each new series.

>Aisling Bea
>all of my cum. god tier wife material.
She is stunning, and Irish accents do things to my cock. I just don't find her that funny which is a shame.

Watch Shooting Stars, it's basically a panel show format as a way for Vic & Bob to mock their guests.

>it's a Simon Amstell banters off the guests so hard, that guests eventually refuse to come onto the show, leading to its death series
Is there a better way to end a panel show?

The most important question is how has the panel show become so stale?

They found their comfort zone.

Same handful of comedians.
One says one line, the other replies.
Cue audience laugh.
Repeat

it's a Simon Amstell reads from a guest's missus' book episode

And Bill Bailey grabs an audience member to fill in.

The BBC is taxpayer funded and panel shows are the cheapest form of TV entertainment, they saturated the market then ruined all of them by chosing to push their lefty agenda rather than make something funny.

>Most people voted for Brexit
>Most people voted Conservative
>Get a bunch of liberal faggots to make "These people are all stupid!" jokes for half an hour
>Wonder why viewers are dropping off like flies
The only other possible explanation I can think of is they want to get privatised, but that would be the end of their gravy train, so that seems unlikely to me.

Shit: all of them apart from maybe WILTY

That was the best guest appearance since The Right Honorable Tub of Lard, MP

Shooting Stars will never come back, it's from a more innocent time. Shame as I fucking loved it.

Pretty much. Just imagine the shitstorm it would create if they broadcast this in 2017:

youtube.com/watch?v=iFs0SLf0c8o

Where did HIGNFY go so wrong?

Man, old 8 Out Of 10 Cats was really great, back when Sean Lock enjoyed his job. I've been watching some older episodes on YouTube and stumbled upon this golden episode:
youtube.com/watch?v=-RcpCuJwS0g

It's the one with Uri Geller as a guest and literally everyone is constantly taking the piss out of him for thirty minutes.

He's funny when he takes the piss out of Fry for being posh.

sacking Angus

Scripted jokes meant to look improvisational. It's as fake as wrestling. Frankie Boyle was the only reason to watch, and I only found him funny when I was 13.

When they got rid of Deayton it was basically over but they kept it limping on with guest hosts. Most of who where not funny.

it was always wank

the only remotely funny person in the original lineup was hugh dennis

>Most of who where not funny
There are some exceptions though, the one hosted by Shatner is still my favourite episode they ever did

dailymotion.com/video/xsvaeo

is that how jack whitehall got famous? literally never heard of him until he was on panel shows.

I see no reason why it shouldn't come back, it's been on-and-off plenty of times. Sure, they couldn't do the sketches where they black up or put on an Asian accent, but the rest is fine even by today's standards.
Even Vic's routine of flirting with the attractive woman guest at the start and the whole "now that we're going out together" is pretty innocent.

Shooting Stars coming back is up to the BBC and Vic and Bob, and I really don't think it's a PC issue.

They gave it a go with Lucky sexy winners, but only got one episode.

It's crazy what Boyle has turned into now. Gone from dark 'n' edgy to SJW Scottish nationalist.

The one with Brian Blessed after Thatcher died was GOAT.

Anyone listen to athletico mince? Bob mortimers impression of dara o brien cracks me up.

youtube.com/watch?v=YXOu4ePnMM8

American here, which panel show will i most likely get the most? im not caught up on topical british stuff.

WILTY

They say of the Acropolis where the Parthenon is...
youtube.com/watch?v=GdvD4Fhc_K8

It's not that hard, you just learn not to give a shit if it goes badly. Everyone has bad sets until you have an audience that specifically come to see you perform

Would I Lie To You?
>The panelists have to read from a card which either states a true fact about them or a lie, and convince everyone it's the truth. If the other team works out the truth, they get a point, otherwise the person reading the card gets a point.

dailymotion.com/video/x3h51eo

youtube.com/watch?v=-I3qREbKqLw

I don't think it's a PC issue either. I just don't think younger people would "get" their silly antics. Kids are cynical for that stuff now.

Based Frankie left.

his dad is a multi-millionaire casting agent, absolutely loaded and incredibly well connected.

don't know much about whitehall, but i know he got to skip the slog of fringe/touring up and down the country/auditions/the shitty comedy circuit. think he miraculously somehow went pretty much straight to TV and a pretty high level entry stand up gigs.

That, and people endlessly parroting Monty Python lines ruined absurdist comedy for everyone. Vic & Bob and The Goons are both better at it but it's hard to convince anyone to even try them these days.

Frankie Boyle was removed for causing too much butthurt

Celebrity juice is pretty funny with all the sexual and perverted jokes

Whitehall is painfully unfunny, I watched an episode of Bad Education and it felt like a CBBC show with sex jokes and swear words.

People like Russell Brand have never been affected by nerves like that

oh shit the peep show guy is in it? maybe ill pick this up then

>even The Last Leg is better than this

I haven't watched either show in months but I can tell you categorically without a shadow of a doubt that you are wrong

Yeah David Mitchell is a team captain and I think he's in every episode.

UK comedy is a closed shop. There's one agency that signs up everybody that fits a "type" and sticks them on panel shows.

There's a few standups like Daniel Kitson that shun that world and remain pretty popular though,

Brexit is looking like it's going to be the end times.

i know the internet isn't his biggest fan, but i really think he's an incredibly charismatic bloke and a very good actor.

can't do stand up for shit. it's a shame he decided to be a youtube revolutionary, he's a really talented guy. could have affected more people through his art in a positive way.

He's a great TV presenter. Not giving him his own talk show like Jonathan Ross was a missed opportunity.

I love Mortimer but Reeves is just a shite.

Staying in the public eye like that is probably the only reason he still has a career, Jonathan Ross never recovered after that stupid prank call they made together got them fired.

His chat show is still running so it's not as if Ross' career is completely over.

They did give him his own talk show on American TV but it failed miserably.