youtube.com/watch?v=gl8w-cMqNfI
youtube.com/watch?v=42rUAnufiG4
youtube.com/watch?v=ctgVFsTFFV8&list=RDctgVFsTFFV8
youtube.com/watch?v=T2l--Px9vf0
youtube.com/watch?time_continue=92&v=p30QHbD8018
overthinkingit.com/2011/08/10/conan-the-liberal/
youtube.com/watch?v=5ZY2mRG5mzg
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Left–right_political_spectrum
slashfilm.com/arnold-schwarzeneggers-the-legend-of-conan-may-not-happen-after-all/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Darth Earl as a snake
and Conan not talking to much

John Milius
Basil Poledouris
James Earl Jones
Mako

multiple scenes of arnold fighting hooved animals

>what is best in life Conan?
>To crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentation of their women
they wouldn't make this movie today

literally everything, but mostly based Subotai

>John Milius
>Basil Poledouris
These are the biggest reasons. Milius really fucked cared and he put his all into making a great movie.

^ Everything above. It's a shame the remake went the way of overblown CGIfest turn-your-brain-off bullshit. There's a great tone to the Conan universe that's gone forever. Conan walking up to a large, isolated, desolate template. Fucked up things are creeping in the shadows. Something lurking deep within. All that stuff.

Now it's just underdeveloped, by the numbers scripts with 2/3 of the budget thrown at CGI action set pieces to keep everyone paying attention in between boring exposition dumps.

*temple not template

>no arnold

four wind faggot detected

>Mako
fucking hell and I wondered why the witch doctor's voice was similar to Aku's
RIP

Arnold is good but I think a lot of it is because Milius used him perfectly.

>Milius

I like the guy and i love this film so i started watching his other directorials after Conan and I noticed that his other films were total shit. Why is this?

>Milius is a self-proclaimed Zen anarchist, but he also publicly aligns himself with conservative factions in Hollywood and he was interviewed in the documentary Rated R: Republicans in Hollywood. He has also been consultant to a military think tank, the Institute for Creative Technologies.[70] Milius said:

>I’m not a reactionary – I’m just a right-wing extremist so far beyond the Christian Identity people like that and stuff, that they can’t even imagine. I’m so far beyond that I’m a Maoist. I’m an anarchist. I’ve always been an anarchist. Any true, real right-winger if he goes far enough hates all form of government, because government should be done to cattle and not human beings.[78]
What did he mean by this?

Where to start
>arnold was a great conan even if he portrayed the barbarian less seriously than in the books
>subutai was a based side kick and a general bro
>the romance was not pushed too much into the forefront but it was still pretty relevant
>Thulsa doom and his captains were good and intimidating villains
>in general the setting and its harshness seemed exotic

Especially the last point makes me like it more than LoTR for example.

Because the key to Conan is actually Oliver Stone. He forced Milius to constantly improve his work and the result was greatness.

To be fair it had already gone to shit due to Conan the destroyer

Didnt Oliver Stone just write the first draft? The draft that was a post apocalypting tale with mutants and shit?

Arnold is great in everything

conan the barbarian is the true 10/10 movie
it's just a shame the second one was rather shit.

>no based subotai, instead some unfunny faggot as the side kick.
>the sword fighting looked a lot more fake
>bad special effect and bad monster costumes.
>tried too focus more on humor and failed at it.

but it did have the best behind the scenes stories with arnold, andre the giant and wilt chamberlain

>80s movie
>diverse cast with different ethnic backgrounds
>strong powerful female character
>good
why is it so hard for hollywood to replicate this without sjws and blacks throwing a shitfit?

The soundtrack and the breathtaking visuals of vast empty spaces with only little signs of a civilization long in decline

Seriously, for me it's the best soundtrack of all time and I listen to it constantly.

It did have my favourite soundtrack piece

youtube.com/watch?v=gl8w-cMqNfI

fuck that was a great movie
Conan era was glorious
Comics, books and the Arnold movies were true
was this the best there was?
Is this timeline fucked?

>implying it's the sjws and blacks throwing a shitfit

same here
just listening to the songs and i can perfectly imagine the scene going with it.
my favourite will Always be
youtube.com/watch?v=42rUAnufiG4

>>implying it's the sjws and blacks throwing a shitfit
but it is them who hollywood listens to

He's basically espousing the morality of Robert E. Howards Conan tales. It's a pre-civilizational--"right wing" in the sense that all systems of civilization place some kind of collective restraints on man, leveling down eccentricity and greatness to manageable levels. Everything other than barbarous anarchy has an element of social control.

Watching it on the background as I do my homework.
Fuck that intro is perfect every time I watch it I want to go out and sword fight a horde of foes

Did they ever answer the Riddle of Steel?

>homework
you got to be 18 to be here kid

this movie did so many things rights
great characters
great motvations
strong female character (something modern movies still fail at)
arnold looking at his (near) best
epic music
epic settings & scenes

nothing will ever top conan the barbarian

Yes. The answer is "will".

t. NEET or actual underage

This. Considering everyone he's reaction to the Hobbit (and how a lot of Tolkien fans online even responded to LOTR), it this movie came out today, this board would be bitching about SJWs, forced diversity, and feminism.

it's in the movie itself

conan figures out that steel alone is worthless without the person wielding it
he also figures out that thulsa dooms view of Flesh over everything to be wrong
sure flesh can be strong, but without the propper weapon it will be worthless.

strenght of character to control both flesh and steel is the key

there has never been an official answer. you're just repeating what everybody else says in these threads

If you want some similar music, I recommend the NFL Films soundtracks. It's my workout music.

youtube.com/watch?v=ctgVFsTFFV8&list=RDctgVFsTFFV8

near best? He came out of retirement on a break from shooting and won Mr Olympia again.

>Aryan uber man with blonde Amazon lover form a band of thieves and wizards to behead an evil black man who also turns in to a reptile?

Are you fucking kidding me? It's like the plot was written by Alex Jones. Sup Forums would love it.

>this board
why are you insisting that Sup Forums has the power to somehow influence hollywood
white actors step down from roles because other white cucks and minorities bitch about it and you focus on what fucking Sup Forums moans about
why are liberals so fucking delusional

I'm in college

books are awesome

need a solomon kane movie (other one doesnt exist)

the last scene with conan confronting thulsa doom shows it
WILLPOWER

My favourite is this
youtube.com/watch?v=T2l--Px9vf0

But nearly every single track is on the same epic level of epicness.

Nigga conan's father tells him steel is the strongest then his mother's will gets overpowered by Thulsa Doom's magic which gets her decapitated, further Thulsa Doom is wanking of over flesh when Conan's strong will overpowers his magic and with the steel in his hand he decapitates Thulsa Doom.

The answer was watching the fucking movie you mong. What won in the end? What saved Conan's soul? Determination of his will or the will of his friends.
It's not much of a riddle after watching the movie.

youtube.com/watch?time_continue=92&v=p30QHbD8018

>it this movie came out today, this board would be bitching about SJWs, forced diversity, and feminism.

No. Because the film has no hamfisted political agenda.

If they made it today Conan's masculinity would be "toxic", he'd have no romance with Valeria because she would either be a lesbian or only fuck minorities (because cis-white males are evil), there would be nothing done by whites portrayed as heroic or brave, etc, etc.

Having a diverse cast is not the problem. The problem is the politics being forced into productions for the sole sake of pushing politics. The idea of a film being about a strong white man doing heroic deeds on a quest to avenge his father would never even be contemplated by Hollywood today.

You could argue Conan used steel to kill Doom. Makes as much sense.

YOU KILLED MY PEOPLE

The director was as bonkers as Arnie.

>Brown and black people in fantasy setting
>Strong woman character
>Atheistic messages

overthinkingit.com/2011/08/10/conan-the-liberal/

That article was mostly written as a joke, but all of that stuff is in the movies.The movie has plenty of liberal themes, and there's diversity. People here complain about anything that even hints at that stuff and calls it pandering.

i say near best.
because arnold actualy had to lose a lot of muscle from his chest and arms because he coudn't do the sword swings because his muscles where too big.

that is also a great thing about this movie
the cast actually learned sword fighting and horse riding.
hell arnold himself showed james earl jones how to horse ride.

Tb h he is right this board always find something to cry about.
There would definitely be people here who complain about valeria being a strong woman and shit.

incredible OST for once

>t's a pre-civilizational--"right wing"
blow it out your ass, retard. it's the meaning of right wing. nothing has changed between then and now. government is the ultimate evil and the only good government is one that is small as possible

This plus Arnold looks fits the part perfectly.

youtube.com/watch?v=5ZY2mRG5mzg
Best action movies were from late 80s and early 90s... That's why Fury Road was so good, it returned to that formula and style

>and Sven Ole Thornson as Thorngrim

The sequel isnt bad but they dropped the ball hard by not bringing back Millus and making it more PG13. Studios ware like that all the time
>movie is a hit
>why pay the director and/or writer so much money when we can literally hire anyone lol
>movie isnt as good as the first one

some are saying that the riddle is engraved on conan's father sword

Actually, right and left are terms derived from the French Revolution based on the seating arrangement of the National Assembly. The Right Wing was FOR government, but it was for what is saw as the natural hierarchy. The left tradition was in opposition to monarchy, aristocracy, and natural hierarchies ramified in governance.

The reason libertarians, small government types, and non-commie anarchists are typically seen as right wing is that they are comfortable with the idea of human inequality and natural hierarchy, and accept the likely outcome of a minimal state as being a return to a natural order of such. The limited government equalitarians of the Anglo-American tradition who believed in an actual metaphysical equality of Man are essentially extinct. The only thing left are big government egalitarians.

i ain't saying it's terrible
it has a nice feel to it.
but it just doesn't compare to the first movie
and replacing subotai with some random annoying faggot was a disaster.

--
gerry lopez who played subotai was a surfer before staring in conan the barbarian
Sandahl Bergman who played valeria was originaly a dancer

and they both worked great in the movie

no it's not. kill yourself you yuropoor faggot

His father's answer would have been wrong, though. They seem to have been fixated on the strength of steel. When Thulsa Doom talks to Conan about the Riddle, he talks about the flesh of strength like it was a new idea, and something Conan wouldn't have been familiar with.

The movie's answer is that neither were right, and flesh and steel are both useless without will.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Left–right_political_spectrum

You're wrong, and you should feel bad.

Where does 'left' and 'right' come from then? Why do YOU think we use those terms? Why not 'big' and 'small' instead? Why not 'striped' and 'polka-dotted'?

What did they mean by this?

> Money and muscle, that’s what I want; to be able to do any damned thing I want and get away with it. Money won’t do that altogether, because if a man is a weakling, all the money in the world won’t enable him to soak an enemy himself; on the other hand, unless he has money he may not be able to get away with it.

> When a nation forgets her skill in war, when her religion becomes a mockery, when the whole nation becomes a nation of money-grabbers, then the wild tribes, the barbarians drive in... Who will our invaders be? From whence will they come?

> My body seems a mere encumbrance to me; an imbecillic wagon, hitched to the horse of desire, which is the soul.

> You express amazement at my statement that 'civilized' men try to justify their looting, butchering and plundering by claiming that these things are done in the interests of art, progress and culture. That this simple statement of fact should cause surprize, amazes me in return. People claiming to possess superior civilization have always veneered their rapaciousness by such claims. Civilized nations never, never have selfish motives for butchering, raping and looting; only horrid barbarians have those.

From the letters of Robert E. Howard

>Couldn't swing his swords because his muscles we're too big
Finally someone I can relate to!

Howard was a right wing Tribalist anaarchist.

His ideal world would be a Tribal world where the most important things are strength and willpower to do what you want.

he's /ourguy/

what book is this from?

Has a third one been announced?
I thought we were gonna see old Conan.

gay af

Wheel of Pain

Missing ingredient to any movie

yes Milius changed everything

they made it in 1997, it was called something like Kull the destroyer

he also waited about five minutes after his mother died to blow his own head off

Would this work?

>mfw i just realized there wont be a promised third conan movie after all

They actually said it was stopped.

His mother died a day or two after him.

Her nurse confirmed that she wouldnt be coming back. He might have been under the impression that he had formed a death pact with his father.

Anybody watched 'The Whole Wide World?'

That isnt really much different is it

>Anybody watched 'The Whole Wide World?'
Is it actually good? I've been thinking about checking it out, but it kind of seems like a cheesy 90s romantic drama.

>Atheistic messages
You mean Nietzschian messages

It is quite well done. I have a higher tolerance for melodrama though.

Its about his love interest more than Howard himself.

>Basil Poledouris
This but unironically.

As is always the case, "hamfisted politics" vs "not hamfisted politics" is arbitrary nonsense.

Sup Forums WOULD bitch about this movie if it was released today because-I'm sorry to break your worldview here- Sup Forums much like Sup Forums is 90% ironic shitposting with the intent to be as edgy as possible.

They meant that white people can be niggers too and that skin color doesn't mean anything if you're a good person or a piece of shit. Good thing that rather than de-fang the word and let it take on a new definition along the lines of "piece of shit" we made it sacrosanct and forever immortalized its association with black people and all of the negativity that spawned the word in the first place. Liberal agenda backfire.

Missing The Expendables movies.

Rip Basil.

Just read Howard's Conan

Total Recall: My Unbelievable True Life Story, Arnolds autobiography and yes its good, you should pick it up.

>Extremely vivid descriptions of Conan mowing down niggers
Damn

And like most people who buy into Libertarian survival-of-the-fittest bullshit, the moment he found himself in a situation of adversity he folded like a lawn chair and blew his brains out like a pussy.

So actually... Yeah. He pretty much is /ourguy/ when you think about it from that perspective.

>They meant that white people can be niggers too and that skin color doesn't mean anything if you're a good person or a piece of shit
That's absolutely not what they're talking about. They're talking about hierarchies within the black community. It's just like Anglos saying that the Irish are subhumans; everyone wants to be better than someone else.

Wilt was saying that being rich and fucking white women meant he wasn't REALLY black, which is basically the same thing OJ Simpson took a lot of flack for saying. Grace Jones was saying she wasn't an American nigger because she's Jamaican and educated. Both were trying to say they were better than the other person because of their background.

Did they say why?

>Ultimately, the budget was big, the studio was not really sure of the title, and the relevance in the marketplace. They ended up letting it go.

slashfilm.com/arnold-schwarzeneggers-the-legend-of-conan-may-not-happen-after-all/

that's because he was born in modern society

if he had been born in barbarian times he'd be a tribal chieftain warrior covered in bearskins tbqh