Why are esports much more popular amongst millennials than traditional sports?

Why are esports much more popular amongst millennials than traditional sports?

millennials are smarter, so they need to stimulate the mind moreso than the body

>millennials are smarter
I think you meant weaker and less competitive

Because they're not black male watchers like boomers and the X gens.

They've spent their whole life watching flashing rectangles with lots of bangs and booms.

Real life is boring to millenials.

>tfw too intelligent for physical sports

Getting a degree in history doesn't make you smart

Because, OP, most millennials have the physicality of a crated veal calf.

I have a 19 year old nephew going off to school for engineering (my sis fell hard for the STEM meme), he's 6'3", 310 lbs., can't ride a bike, can't throw a ball, can't run 1 city block, and apparently, he passed out while walking on the treadmill the one time he went to the gym.

That's why millennials only do "sports" that involve holding a game controller.

being smarter makes you smart also learning from a an experienced prior generation helps too

their parents gave them so many participation medals in children's sports that they got bored and needed something better
besides there's no skill ceiling in esports, you can always play better.

Everyone played videogames when they were young, and everyone played sports when they were young. The difference is that playing video games is easier than playing sports. Videogames = plug in & play inside. Sports = having to find X number of people + area to play sports in

Also if you can't find friends irl to play vidya with, you just que up in online matchmaking and still get to play the game

Tldr vidya is minimum effort with great reward

I'm a skinny weak faggot myself, but jesus.

It's because they didn't play sports growing up, but video games.

who is that hot reporter?

What are esports and how the fuck are they sports? Its like that episode of The Simpsons where Bart enthusiastically wanted to wash virtual dishes.

They simply are not. They are nothing compared to the behemoth that is professional and collegiate sports.

they aren't and it's not even close. inb4 korea and china bullshit. i've been regularly watching for years, but i'm also a traditional sports fan. esports get completely btfo by millions upon millions, regardless of demographic.

i never figured out how to know which team to root for in traditional sports. do you pick the team that is from the area closest to you or the one with the least amount of niggers or what?

no one plays esports with a game controller grandpa

closest by distance (within your state/country borders) if n/a then next closest team in your country

I used to play counterstrike and competed in CAL back in the mid 2000s before it was bought up by some rich camel fucker (not even joking). I'll see webm highlights of really good 'plays' every now and again, but fuck reliving most of the monotony a standard match can have.

Men remember playing X sport in school and like watching the pros. Nerds play(ed) shoot 'em up games and do the same.

Because more people can play video games.

not everyone can play on the golf team.

>E-Sport
>Smart
Pick one.

Dont want to watch black people get paid millions with my tax dollars.

Not hard to see why.

>Why are esports much more popular amongst millennials than traditional sports?

feminized cucked males of today are encouraged to reject all masculinity, which inherently includes all forms of physical competition

loser nerds would rather "compete" virtually, sitting in front of their pixels with cheeto covered fingers while sipping on mountain dew

and then they turn around and have the nerve to call women degenerate for only sleeping with the top 20% of all men.

disgusting cucks

Zero muscle mass

Because millennials are the worst fucking generation in the history of the world

>boomers*
ftfy

I played CS:S in ESEA main.. You're Webm is why I quit

People play with friends? I've been doing it wrong all this time

your top 3 sports
Hockey, football, baseball
all require more intelligence than a fucking moba

its something they feel they themselves can get good at, because blacks dominate regular sports

>Because millennials are the worst fucking generation in the history of the world

Wait for gen Z to grow up.

They're faster so they hold their attention more

watching people kick a ball around a field with lots of commercials and commentators in between isn't my idea of a good time. esports are just as bad too.

I think this is mainly an American thing, like most of these "milenial" trends.

I can't imagine this ever being encouraged, and traditional sports still reign supreme with the young where I'm at.

soe nudes when?

>hockey
agreed, masterrace sport
>football
am. fb depending on your position (qb) you could argue
euro fb yes, the intelligence to make the right play
>baseball
lmfao no

Because of faggots and 'muh skins'?

I briefly played the new one but 'kids these days' fucking gush over the aesthetic changes they can buy/gamble more than they do the actual game- it was infuriating.

Heard most of the gambling websites went belly up though. Maybe they'll think twice before preying upon minors, lel.

Now THIS is Australia posting

If you play vidya you're trash

I'm a millennial. I lift, do cardio, and eat healthy and take care of myself. I can guarantee I'm at a lower bf % than you.

What you ( and every other 2edgy4me gen xer) don't understand is esport pros stream on twitch, they talk to you, they interact with you, they aren't millionaires in mansions who commit domestic violence

You can pay money and get personal tutoring from these guys in some cases

They're not roided up jocks with god complexes, they're everyday dudes

Watch n0things interview on Joe rogans podcast

Really is that true? I guess I'd be a millennial all anyone my age I know talks about football when it comes to sports. Couple of mates are into ice hockey getting into it myself. Never talk about esports.

The entire field is rampant with cheating, but it only gets revealed once in a while when hacks get caught. When Valve VAC banned everyone using LMAObox premium, a lot of 'pros' were cought using it.

At least in real sports you have to still do the physical activity even with steriods. Hacks just do all the remaining work left in a video game.

this. all 'millenialls' that aren't literal neckbeards are almost always into football.

Are they tho?

You'd think that being the result of mostly gysgenics would lower their iq

>references nerd by handle instead of real name
>references psuedo-genius's podcast
>pretends to be sub

T. millenial

Seriously, its the "hip" thing for millenials to hate their generation. Its fucking stupid. You cucks bitch about how weak everyone else is when your the kv's sitting on Sup Forums.

I'm a virgin weeb who loves vidya and could care less.

>e
>sports
pick one and only one

Because real sports are reserved for Basketball Americans.

I...never thought I'd see South Korea say that!

>A Fucking Korean of all people

>hurr baseball is boring to me so therefore it doesn't require any intelligence.

Baseball requires a shit ton more intelligence than playing a fucking videogame. few things piss me off more than videogames being labeled a sport, and people choosing to watch other people play videogames online...

i want to feel up her legs, if you know what i mean.

Go play Starcraft

it's competitive gaming
esports is just an easier term

In the US, im pretty sure tradional sports are more common here. I don't know one person (including myself) that watches esports more than traditional sports.

>when you're korean but bad at starcraft

p.s Go hawks.

how the fuck does baseball require intelligence other than perhaps the pitcher/catcher??
>stand around
>stand around some more
>oh shit a hit!
>oh it's not near me
>stand around

There is no way this is true.

Look how physically uncomfortable the Pajeet is that her leg is touching him

I forgot n0things real name since esport players rarely use it, and the interview I watched on YouTube used his in game name

I don't watch joes podcast except for the interviews/guest shows, why are you so obtuse? You can be a nut but still have cool friends/people on your show

I never said I was sub 10% bf you dork, I only guaranteed I'm.lower than you

Baseball requires lots of split second decision. It requires a much higher IQ than Football, that's for sure. Getting hits against a high quality pitcher takes much higher of an IQ than most have.

Because you can earn tons of shekels while sitting in your chair. Then once millionaire at 30 you can laugh at poorfags.

Because his boner is rising and won't be able to hide it under those shorts.

Baseball is the most awful shit people dare to call a "sport".

>something better
>e "sports"

"Traditional sports" is now a spectacle of sweaty niggers - if you're a fucking cuck faggot then I'm sure sports is really good for you

>jocks were mean to me because i was a sperg in HS: the post

they're not. you just live in your basement and hangout with weebs.
BTW i was triple platinum in SC2

I went to a "gaming event" here in my local city and all the women there were complete sluts, a lot of people probably go to have a quicky

Not an argument

physical sports are largely physical

Hockey is just watching big sweaty men slam into each other over and over again, but I'm not going to judge, but it sounds pretty faggoty to me

people dont go there to watch the sport, they go there to eat food and drink beer

Last Superbowl was fucking fun to watch. It was a defensive slugfest.

We are tired of the traditional sport jew and will watch esports as long as they're not jew'd too, which will be hard because not many blacks are good in esports, you actually need a brain you know.

that and $cam got exposed as a bitch nigga

steroid abuse is common.

also pissing it all away through a murder charge is pretty common too.

>takes a high iq
>literally called luckswing

real sports are for tryhards

video games with mass appeal are easy enough that when you put in a few hundred hours you think you're good enough to get paid if you quit your life to be a pro gamur but you don't so you follow the good players

Because millennials are limp dicks.

>E-Sports Thread
>Not posting qtest E-Sports girl

>triple platinum
1. What the fuck do you even mean
2. Platinum is shit tier

at the pro level it's much more mental

>no dads to take millennial anons to see sports
>moms too tired or busy for that

Some video games actually employ the same strategy that actual sports do.

But "esports" like LOL tournaments are a joke.
Most of the people in the crowd dont even know what the fuck is going on, and the game is shit too.

Not a korean

I think a lot of starcraft players are smart as fuck , that games takes some REAL SKILL brain , not like CSGO where if you have godlike aim you are already a pro

>girl

You take that back you bigot! She's a pure qt 3.14!

Sorry, I meant joystick, kiddo.

Cause Sport is boring as fuck.

Will he kick the ball here? Will he kick it there? For a set amount of time.

Esports take more understanding, but once you do there's a lot more going on. Tactically and visually, a lot more is going on.

The reason its a new development? Because mass appeal Esports are a new development.

Physicality doesn't even come into it. You can have the frame of an 8 year old girl and still realise the aim of most sports is get the ball to the other side or hit the ball with the bat as hard as you can. Watching doesn't require playing.

I mean fuck, I love playing some cricket and footy but watching it is torture, especially the former.

They are not wrong though are they.
Ushering in a totalitarian Islamist west because they are too dumb, drugged up and perverted isn't exactly going to rank them up there. Even if Boomers are in part to blame.