Tywin did nothing wrong

Tywin did nothing wrong.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ay_t-WLlXik
youtube.com/watch?v=jl1u1U37BLo
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

except for all the murder

other than wiping out an entire house, no.

I wish Sup Forums had any brain capacity to elevate from dualistic brain dead stamps like "Did nothing wrong"
D&D with their bullshit don't help either

He wanted to have his son executed whilst knowing he was innocent. He was just trying to sweet talk Tyrion. Had Tyrion lowered his crossbow and allowed him to get up. Tywin would've probably stabbed him in the back.

Except for that whole having his son's wife gangraped shit. He coulda just had her assassinated like a civilized human being.

>Drones on and on about muh familial duty
>Married for love and never remarried even though the rewards would have surely been ripe
Hypocrite and terrible father

Catalyn started it

And everything Tyrion has done since proves he was right to do so.

If Tywin had shanked the little shit in the toilet, Westeros wouldn't be overrun with raping and pillaging horseniggers.

Him fucking Shae was just petty and twisting the knife into the wound. There's dozens of better looking whores in the city he could've gotten. If he hadn't done that Tyrion probably wouldn't have raged enough to put a bolt into his chest

it was an accident tho

He'd already produced two healthy children to continue the line and the last one turned out to be a mutant that killed his wife, cut him some slack.

Producing more sons with a different woman would have left Jaime with a bunch of half brothers to challenge his rights and those of his heirs, which he should have been producing instead of banging his sister.

>healthy children
>incestuous

Pick one and only one.

apart from treating your son horrendously for being born a certain way, as if he had a choice

he was successful in his ambitions and maintaining law and order, but lacked empathy and common decency

>kingsguard
>heirs
nah man, tywin should have just remarried and let jamie be
nice reading comprehension there buddy

His son was Kingsguard for over a decade. His heir by law was Tyrion, he should have been producing some more kids and fast.

tywin cared about family and house lannister
imagine if your son's birth not only killed your wife but also resulted in you having a midget in your family

i'd never be okay with it

the Reynes deserved it

>be the son of the most powerfull man in westeros
>im an abomination that killed his wife
>he still raises me as his son
>I waste time drinking and whoring around
>I marry a whore, even though thats a big no no
>he teaches me a lesson but then lets me off
>keep drinking and whoring around
>war breaks loose, get captured
>Father starts a war to rescue you
>when you're free he gives you the position as hand of the king
>the only thing you cant do is keep whoring around
>do it anyways
>kill your father, even though he said he'd let you live
>support a foreign dragon whore who brough thousands of savages to westeros
But hey its okay, because I can make funny jokes about eunics

Tyrion was a shit son, Tywin had nothing to do with it

Tywin was dying either way from the poison
All Tyrion did was give him an easy way out

I was watching earlier scenes and this one really stuck

Did Tywin know about Jamie and Cersie or was he in denial? Did he secretly like what Jamie and Cersie was doing on the whole "keep the bloodline pure and legacy and all that"? Did he legitimately believe it was just rumors? Or was he that disconnected with his chidlren? He comes off as genuinely ignorant on it in this scene

youtube.com/watch?v=ay_t-WLlXik

>marry a whore
not true, he married a decent girl who loved him for who he was, then his father had her gangraped and convinced his son she was payed for it

which you know, is why he kills his old man

>convinced his son she was payed for it
he actually did pay for it, by the end of the night she couldnt hold all the coins
that makes her a whore

marrying a commoner isnt much better for a man of his position

WHO THE FUCK CARES

HE'S A FICTIONAL CHARACTER

HE IS A FUCKING ACTOR IN A TV SERIES

YOU FUCKING RETARDS

He knew, he hated them for doing it but he also didn't want to end up in a situation where his house was disgraced and his only remaining heir was a friggin dwarf
Every single one of his kids was a disappointment and he knew it.

What poison?

Tywin's whole intention was to get Jaime to offer to leave the kingsguard for his brother's life which would have worked if Tyrion didn't opt for Trial.

>Did Tywin know about Jamie and Cersie or was he in denial?
The scene EXPLICITLY explains it.

>WHY DO PEOPLE DISCUSS A TV SHOW ON A BOARD FOR TV RELATED DISCUSSIONS

>rape a girl
>toss her some money
>it's no longer rape

you could try that but I'm pretty sure that won't work

from what I remember she wasnt raped actually

youtube.com/watch?v=jl1u1U37BLo
the whole thing was a set up to get Jamie to leave the kingsguard

no she was, that was the entire point of the reveal
she was rape then tossed money in a scenario carefully constructed by Tywin to convince his son his wife was a whore just to get them to divorce

I guess
but its Tyrion who fucked up by marrying her in the first place

Had no heir because Jamie was a kingsguard. His bastard grandson king was a sociopath. Wouldn't give Castlry Rock to Tyrion and Sansa.

His plan for the future hinged on Jamie breaking his path and taking a wife. Then someone else being able to rule westeroes behind the scenes while keeping a mad king from causing damage. Because once Tywin was dead, all that was left was Tyrion and the Tyrells.

Bolton, Frey, and Littlefinger would have betrayed Joffrey.

The Tyrells would have betrayed Joffrey.

Tywin was my nyukka

The woman was actually a prostitute. A quick look up would have told you that. Her name was Tysha, and Jaime secretly paid her off as a gift to Tyrion so he would think that someone would actually sleep with him without needing to be paid.

Jaime hadn't expected Tyrion would be stupid enough to marry the girl.

If he had given Castlry Rock and the head of House Lannister to Tyrion. Then things would have gone better.

Tywin would have ruled a more united westeroes. Facing only the threat of Dany and the Night King.

yeah that would be fucking perfect
>the mighty Tywin Lannister passed down Casterly Rock to his second son, an imp who killed his mother to be born

I can already see how the family name would be shinning bright after that

Subtle, well done.

>im an abomination that killed his wife
It's tywins fault for impregnating her
>I waste time drinking and whoring around
He does this because Twin neglected him
>kill your father, even though he said he'd let you live
He was fucking lying

Tywins wife was also his cousin though

Cousin fucking wasnt considered incest back then

Yeah because I'm sure there were tons of people running around telling Tyrion he committed matricide. No, only Tywin and Cersei ever were stupid enough to hold that against him, everyone else only saw him as an imp and even then, as soon as they met him they realized how capable he was despite his social standing.

>taking Harrenhal as his stronghold
THE ABSOLUTE MADMAN

Simpleton. I have a doctorate in televisions. He did nothing wrong

its a bad image when an imp is the heir when the perfect son like Jamie is stuck in the KG

Its why he didnt give CR to tyrion, he didnt give up on getting Jamie back

and about the matricide, Tywins wife was the only person to make him smile, the dude was super fucking pissed when she died and he got an imp in return

Two houses. Reynes and Tarbecks.

My main problem with Tywin is why the hell did he steal Ice from the Starks? When Ned killed Ser Arthur Dayne he at least had the decency to ride to his home and return their ancestral sword, it belonged to them.

So why does Tywin just take Ice and melt it to make 2 swords for his family? What the hell is that?

He was a complete hypocrite. All his pissing a moaning about Tyrion having whores in his bed and he shags not just any whore, but the same whore Tyrion was shacked up with. He's a great character to watch, but he's also an absolute tit.

What's with the sash he wears into battle too? Makes him look like a human curtain.

>entrust the finances of his kingdom to someone who just borrowed shit
>later gave it to his dwarf son he hated
>knew that joffrey was a total autist retard but did nothing about it, literally could've just poisoned him
>lied to himself that his son and daughter weren't banging, did nothing to assuage the rumours
>put tyrion on a trial just because he didn't like him
>kept Varys around for no apparent reason
>tolerated his bitch daughter and let her fuck shit up when she should've been nowhere near power and he should've shipped her to highgarden as quickly as possible
>did nothing about the growing Danerys problem when he could have

Actually she wasn't. Jaime told Tyrion that lie because Tywin made him do so. He confessed this alter to Tyrion after organizing his release from the cells. Tyrion, in a fit of rage, knocked him out and then killed Tywin.

Tywin allowed Tyrion to be hand of the king in his absence, he seemed to oscillate between being ashamed of him and not giving a fuck what people thought

because at that moment the stark family was extinct
Ned was dead, Robb was dead, Cat was dead, Sansa was a Lannister, Jon took the black and was a bastard anyways, Tommen and Bran were ''dead'' after the Greyjoys took winterfell, Arya was presumed dead

Ned was in love with ashara dayne, he mostly went to starfall to see her one last time. Plus ned is honorable and the daynes were not rebelling against the crown.

Tywin
1: doesn't give a heck what people think
2: thinks the starks are traitors to the crown
3: knows they lost the war
he only melts it after the red wedding.

After the red wedding there are 2 starks the lannisters know are alive, sansa (their prisoner) and jon (night's watch).
Nobody to inherit ICE.

it was his only option, and hand of the king isnt nearly as important as the future lord of your house

>Muh image
Doesn't make it ok. Tyrion was the best heir for CR

he had a super hardon for valyrian steel swords because he thought that it was unfair that house lannister, the most powerful house in westeros, didn't have one (one of their ancestors lost it trying to go to valyria), while bumfuck nobody houses like mormonts had one

he tried to buy one bun no one wanted to sell because 'muh valyrian steel'

so when he had a chance to finally get a VS sword, he took it

the better question is why was ned so fucking retarded to bring ice with him to kingslanding in the first place

Tywin deserved to rule King's Landing. So did all the other Lannisters. They deserved to be the rulers of Westeros. Not the Targs.

Now it really saddens me that GRRM is apparently going to release a book on the history of Targaryens next and we will have to wait longer for Winds of Winter.

Why not make a book on the Lannisters? Enough with the Mary Sue family

> quoting Dumb & Dumber as a source

It didn’t have anything to do with Jaime, Tywin intended on sending Tyrion to the Wall from the start.

He wasn’t about to sentence one of his own children to death, even if Tyrion was a little twisted monkey demon and had actually killed Joffrey.

Which Tywin didn’t believe in the first place, as he knew full well Joffrey’s death had been a plot by the Tyrells so that Margaery could marry Tommen, who they’d have a far easier time of controlling.

>be genius
>single handedly ruled the entire kingdom for your mad friend the king
>son is put in the kingsguard as a reward
>daughter never marries the prince as you were promised
>wife dies to birth A FUCKING DWARF
>son and daughter are incest
>dwarf is alcoholic and fucks too many whores
>only good brother, Kevan doesn't return your ravens
>every other house hates you

>entrust the finances of his kingdom to someone who just borrowed shit
I dont recall LF being on the council after Tywin took the position of HotK
>later gave it to his dwarf son he hated
>knew that joffrey was a total autist retard but did nothing about it, literally could've just poisoned him
I can see you dont have kids, you dont just poison your own family
>lied to himself that his son and daughter weren't banging, did nothing to assuage the rumours
something something opinions of the sheep
>put tyrion on a trial just because he didn't like him
someone had to be guilty, Tyrion and Sansa were the prime suspects, but Sansa escaped. But yeah it was handy too
>kept Varys around for no apparent reason
A network of spies all across the world isnt something you just throw away
>tolerated his bitch daughter and let her fuck shit up when she should've been nowhere near power and he should've shipped her to highgarden as quickly as possible
On point with this one
>did nothing about the growing Danerys problem when he could have
What do you think the whole Jorah fiasco was

The show is a more well know medium, as sad as it is. So I just use that. Half the time if you use the books as source people just dismiss it as they didnt read them

WRONG.
He was fucking a white male, in a show where all men must die.

>He was a complete hypocrite. All his pissing a moaning about Tyrion having whores in his bed and he shags not just any whore, but the same whore Tyrion was shacked up with.

Not only that, but during his time as Hand of the King, (after his wife's death) it's implied that Tywin was regularly fucking whores at Chataya's bordello, having had the secret passage installed so he could sneak in and out.

And odds are good that the whore Alayaya (Chataya's bastard daughter) is Tywin's child.

Why do you Sup Forumsyps insist on bringing up identity politics when it has no relevance to the discussion?

Can you just fucking hang yourself, please?

Shat on one son just because he didn't like him
Completely ignored other son's and daughter's wishes, thinking that they will surely "suck it up" with no repercussions.

He was a powerful bully who shat on humanity in favor of "muh house" so it's fitting that he died on a shitter.

I assumed Shae snuck inside Tywins room without him knowing since she expected him to come in trough the front door when Tywin was on the shitter

>Every single one of his kids was a disappointment and he knew it.

Yeah, for the roles that he autistically chose for him. If he gave Tyrion the rock, Cersei the kingdom (or whatever she wanted) and Jaimie the sword it would all have been well, albeit not typical.

When cersei actually gets the kingdom she becomes a paranoid insane bisexual slutty cunt.

>I assumed Shae snuck inside Tywins room without him knowing

No, in the first place Tywin’s guards wouldn’t have let her in (particularly after Joffrey’s death) and in fact if Tywin hadn’t been regularly fucking Shae since Tyrion’s arrest, she’d have been booted out of the Red Keep altogether.

>Tywin’s guards wouldn’t have let her in (
but Tyrion can walk right in with a crossbow

>The Lion doesn't concern itself with the opinions of sheep
>Except when the sheep's my dwarf son, then it's a problem

he was a little lion

The tower of the hand has a secret tunnel to the brothel shae was staying in

(in the books)

doesn't make sense in the show

>>Tywin’s guards wouldn’t have let her in
>but Tyrion can walk right in with a crossbow

Tyrion bypassed the guards via the secret door in the Hand's bed chamber.

>raping and pillaging horseniggers
got some proof?
they've been on dragon stone the whole season so far
meanwhile Lannister forces were killing children women, stealing food from farmers etc.

>The tower of the hand has a secret tunnel to the brothel shae was staying in
>(in the books)

The secret tunnel goes from a stable in the city to the Chataya's, allowing Tywin to dress up as a nondescript guy and sneak in and out of the bordello without anyone knowing.

>doesn't make sense in the show

The tv show is irrelevant.

so did all of the whores know about it? they deal with a lot of clients so that sounds like a huge liability

Like others have said, he tried to get Jaime to leave the Kingsgate and he wasn't trying to kill Tyrion. He wanted him to go to Castle Black. He tried to fix 2 problems at once.

Everybody but probably Jaime thought Tyrion killed Joffery. Margery was already changing the common folks opinion on Joffery. Then henter was poisoned and almost everyone believed Tyrion did it. Tyrion probably would of been in more harm if he won the trail by combat.

No, only the owner of the brothel (a qt black woman) knew about it.

>so did all of the whores know about it?

Tywin was only fucking Chataya, nobody knew he was even in the building.

This was truly evil and didn't he orchestrated Elia martell's rape and death? That was also fucking evil

Tywin was quite a smart dude but he had no morals and that got him killed in the end. Why'd you fuck Shae man? He never understood Tyrion was the son who got his smarts.

but was it ever stated that Tywin uses the tunnel
he's not exactly the first hand
plus for a man of his position and with Varys spying around it doesnt really seem like something Tywin would be prepared to risk

agree agree agree

Man I miss old GOT :(, never gunna get a nice kino scene like this again

Then how did Tyrion manage to kill him?

>but was it ever stated that Tywin uses the tunnel

True, but it's mentioned that the tunnel was made for a Hand who was too proud to be seen fucking whores.

>he's not exactly the first hand

Sure, but Tywin had been Hand for the last 20+years prior.

>plus for a man of his position and with Varys spying around it doesnt really seem like something Tywin would be prepared to risk

Varys may have (probably) knew and might have been holding on to the info for use later?

>Talks big game about his family and legacy
>Treats his family like shit
Besides that he was pretty good. If only Aerys hadn't been a jealous prick.

he didn't treat kevan like shit :3

>Sure, but Tywin had been Hand for the last 20+years prior.
His wife was still alive then and there were 300 years worth of previous hands

just because the tunnel is there doesnt mean he uses it

>I only care about family, the things that matters to me the most
>Lets make my family miserable in the process tho

k

he did to show his unquestionable loyalty to the usurper since the lannisters had previously always been strong targ loyalists before

I thought it was Jaime that hired the girl, or did he just know about it and was told to lead Tyrion to meet her?

He joined the war after it was certain Robert would win
Tywin threw the good relations to the targs out the window when Aeris put Jamie on the kingsguard

he knew tyrion was the best choice to have some control over joffrey & cersei because tywin understood what a pyscho combination those two were

In the books it's implied that he either doesn't know or is in denial. He's also much colder and heartless in the books. There is no "muh family" talks, and he outright disowns Jamie when he loses his hand and chooses to stay a Kingsguard.

>>Sure, but Tywin had been Hand for the last 20+years prior.
>His wife was still alive then and there were 300 years worth of previous hands

Joanna Lannister died in 273 AC giving birth to Tyrion and and Robert didn’t assume the Iron Throne until 283 AC, thus Tywin was Hand for most of the 10 years in-between.

>just because the tunnel is there doesnt mean he uses it

True, but there's Tywin's personality, him suddenly fucking Shae and GRRM's habit of having seemingly unrelated characters and events actually be related in some way (though unknown to the characters in the story).

of course, but he had to somehow demonstrate to robert that he was no threat since a man who shits gold can finance any war, especially when there are still houses loyal to a dynasty that's dead

mad king also lusted his wife and did bunch of other shit, like you said, puting jamie to the kingsguard (tho that was cersei's idea in the first place)

He let Tyrion be Hand because he knew King's Landing would be starving and possibly sacked and he knew that Tyrion would be blamed by the common people for all their troubles. Then Tywin came in and restored safety and plenty to the people, and was revered by comparison with Tyrion's tenure as Hand. 4-D chess.

Tywin wanted in on the baratheon/stark conspiracy against the targs.