Do they seriously teach creationism in US schools, or is it just memes?

Do they seriously teach creationism in US schools, or is it just memes?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=f4QBRgyitFs
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

No but they should

some states do

not every state has the same educational programme

No they fucking don't.
Kill yourself.

back to r/atheism faggot

youtube.com/watch?v=f4QBRgyitFs

No, the Kitzmiller v Dover case put precedent in that pretty much anything reeking of creationism being taught in a publicly funded school is unconstitutional.

Not being a retarded creationist=being a fedoralord, apparently.

Read the sticky. "We expect a high level of discourse on this board" or something to that effect. Miraculous events without evidence to back them up do not pass the sniff test and belong in the Just keep your religious beliefs to yourself, this isn't your local church.

America is a Christian country
We should teach the bible in school

It's just memes. Some private religious schools teach creationism alongside evolution, but in public schools creationism isn't even mentioned.

Why? Schools aren't meant to be religious institutions, if you want your kids to get a religious education teach them yourself or go to church.

They wouldn't let us learn creation but we more or less skipped over evolution

painfully underage post

New Mexico. 7th grade. Science teacher was big into creationism, insisted we learn creation theory alongside evolution.

We had to get a permission slip signed from our parents. Mine were atheist, but I insisted because I was an edgy little shit and thought it would be funny.

Spent about an hour learning the differences. Never brought up again and everyone stayed on their side of belief/science anyway.

>Miraculous events without evidence to back them
Naturalism requires faith dipshit

I am from Georgia. It is a meme. We are taught evolution in its entirety BUT there is a footnote that says "This is a theory, not fact"

But we still learned it all.

>Why? Schools aren't meant to be religious institutions,
They should be
The entire reason for creating public schools was so people could read the bible

Both systems are believed so both should be mentioned if you are so secure with the concept of spontaneous creation with no creator then idk what the problem is

Listen, Christian values built this country, but we need to keep up with basic science.
We can't teach nonsense.

wtf is up with your map? the cities/regions are completely random. the colors are shit. if you're trying to outline the south you didn't even do that right... please consider suicide.

>We can't teach nonsense.
Its philosophy

If it wasn't for the south we wouldn't have as many niggers, and the ones from the north would be deported to Liberia. The south started the obesity trend. The south is literally south-tier.

Bit of a redundant footnote since science doesn't deal in facts. That's a mathematical concept.

Then it should be in the philosophy or history class, not the science one.

>2 plus signs in ID

what a faggot

NYfag here, most of my teachers said basically that while evolution is the scientific explanation for life, you should still believe what you want.

pretty based imo desu senpai

they dont, its a fucking meme. Ive only heard of one school doing it and it was in WV, and they taught it as one of the many theories on how the universe and man was created.

>if you are so secure with the concept of spontaneous creation with no creator then idk what the problem is

The theory of evolution has nothing to do with the spontaneous creation without a creator. It's about the behavior of genetic information under various pressures (natural selection, sexual selection, drift, bottle necking) over time.

There are many hypotheses about the first self-replicating molecule on earth (we don't need to get into the fact that self-replicating amino acids arising by chance is unlikely on any one planet but that there are trillions of trillions of planets for it to happen on). However, this has exactly ZERO things to do with the process of evolution since that point.

Where did I say it should be taught in science class?

Not him but most christians don't belive in creationism. Not because we're bad christians and don't follow the bible but because it's obvious creationism isn't real. Many are just afraid because to them if evolution is real then god isn't real. But that's not true, god is real, jesus is real, all of that. Don't be scared, evolution doesn't mean the bible is false. Have some faith brother.

The earth indeed was created in 7 days by God the Creator. Evolution, Heliocentrism, the promotion of Atheism in all the media and all the such are all freemason lies to make the sheeple of the final generation be as far away from God as possible.

Memes. Only heard the creationist shit once in high school, and that was outside the classroom too. Live in TN by the way.

>Not him but most christians don't belive in creationism.
If they reject the bible they are not really Christians
>because it's obvious creationism isn't real.
How is it obvious?
Its it above Gods power?

OP asked if it was.

I have friends who went to a catholic school that didn't teach evolution

> Autist can't tell difference between parable and literal

>he thinks anyone takes the bible literally in current year on this board
Underage queers can't possibly understand why a shared moral code & history is desirable

>Do they seriously teach creationism in US schools, or is it just memes?
Where does it say science class?

The issue is that putting a scientific theory alongside creationism conflates the two and adds more credence to the latter, as if it were a reasonable alternative when thats not the case

You're right. I made an assumption.

No they don't, I grew up in Texas and went to both catholic and public schools and both tought evolution. Biology class is for science and theology class or at home discussion is for anything else.

They should teach it like they do with heliocentrism, humorism, phrenology, etc. Tbh

It's important to know how and why old theories were superseded

They should have to if they insist on teaching evolution. Only fascists and liberals only allow one side of a debate to have the floor.

A debate is a farce when only one side is allowed to speak.

Inb4 muh fairy tales
Inb4 muh Sky daddy
Inb4 other faggoty atheist buzzwords

Some states indeed do. They are retarded. They call it "intelligent design," and they try to skirt the issue by saying that "statistically, evolution must have been guided by some sort of intelligence" without DIRECTLY saying "and that intelligence is the christian god.

Those are not the states that we are proud of. Sort of think of the EU state you're most uncomfortable admitting is also in the EU, and you'll get the idea.

>won't debate because it makes creationists seem worth talking to

God damn, is everything politics with atheists or what?

That isn't the issue, it shouldn't be taught in science class because it is by definition unscientific, it is a religious interpretation. It could and should be allowed to be taught in an elective religious studies class, right next to the Islamic version, the pagan version, the native american version, etc. (my school did this, good class)