I don't want to buy expensive houses. I work at a minimum wage job...

I don't want to buy expensive houses. I work at a minimum wage job. I have no idea how anybody affords rent and houses these days.

I'm thinking about buying an acre of land and moving a trailer on it and just living there. Trailers are only a few thousand dollars. And since I own the land I don't need to pay rent like at a trailer park.

Is this feasible way to avoid high housing and rent prices? There's gotta be a solution to avoid the absurd prices of houses/rent.

A lot of states have retarded ordinances where permanent homes require a foundation. I hear all the tiny house retards complain about it.

Rent in my area are about 600 or more. I make only 1200 a month and then spend another 300-400 on food, 50 on phone, 75 on car insurance. I'm sure I have other expenses too.

One acre of land around here is 5,000 and a trailer would be another 5,000.

Does anyone else have plans to avoid high rent/house prices?

Trailer parks around here have a cement block square under their trailer, could I just hire some contractor to install the cement and satisfy the trailer park codes for my acre of land?

I just live in Mexico, mate.
Other than the threat of violence and Spanish (which I speak well), it's not that bad

I'm not willing to relocate far away from my parents/relatives.

I think that would count

I just gave you the fucking answer.
Not my fault you are a faggot that can't do what it takes.

>yes yes goy move out of your parents' house you should totally slave away for scraps, barely affording rent without going bankrupt
I see you fell for the housing jew

I hear Mexico is actually a pretty chill place. I haven't been there yet but I would go just for the food alone

You just have to know where to live man.
The food is pretty great, and there is a shitload of variety in it from state to state; it's amazing.

Well my parents are charging me 500 dollars rent anyways. So I'm already in a place where I can barely afford it.

So I'm thinking about getting a tiny house and some small plot of land. I'm hoping it will be cheaper.

Find a slightly better job
Take out FHA loan (assuming you haven't fucked your credit)
Buy a shitty house with many bedrooms you can rent to cover your note
Profit

I'm sorry your parents are jews, user.

I work a comfy $10.50 /hr office job, but after taxes and benefits, it's only around $1,300 a month.

Rent for 1 bedroom apartments in my city is around $750 + amenities, for some of the cheapest options.

WTF is this "you should never spend more than 1/3 of your monthly pay on rent" meme?

Don't worry, Mexico is coming to you.

>family charges rent
jesus fucking christ are you that cucked? this is why the jews are winning, burgerbro

Make more money faggot.

Sage

>Find a slightly better job
Even with a slightly better job I'd barely take home more pay like this guy.
So I need to keep down my fucking expenses, not look for a better job. Renting a room out to someone else would still put me in massive debt and a shaky financial situation. I'd rather buy a tiny house instead.

Your family doesn't charge rent? You live with your parents for free? My friends are expected to pay rent too, even living with their parents.

Fucking hell

How do I get a job like that. I am a uni student majoring in criminal justice and IT (memes I know) I just need a job to have some money while living at home.

Where does one get one of these office jobs

If you make minimum wage, juat get a cheap pla e and get free stuff from the government. You can get free electricity and free food and a free cell phone at the very least. And depending on your state, you can alao get free cash and healthcare.

>I'm thinking about buying an acre of land and moving a trailer on it and just living there. Trailers are only a few thousand dollars. And since I own the land I don't need to pay rent like at a trailer park.

You'll still need to pay electric, water, sewage, property tax, etc. And since the "patch of land" you buy may not have any of those things, you'll have to pay to get them put in.

>I work a comfy $10.50 /hr office job, but after taxes and benefits, it's only around $1,300 a month.
>
>Rent for 1 bedroom apartments in my city is around $750 + amenities, for some of the cheapest options.

You could always drive Uber a few nights a week for extra money.

I live on 5 acres in a triple slide 5th wheel RV. Love it.

Keep in mind that in order to live the lifestyle you're accustomed to, you will need gas and electrical hookups, as well as a septic tank/sewage, so there's the additional cost of putting those in. Just buy a trailer and live in a trailer park if you want the cheapest option. It will probably suck though.

Lol. The housing Jews thought of this already. Land comes with usage restrictions. To make sure people don't go and do exactly that.

You'd basically need to get a full sized mobile home and bolt it onto a concrete pad in order to make that legal in most places.

You'll pay the Jew like the rest of us

You've got the right idea man. Live cheap and stay out if debt. When your find a better paying job don't be tempted to buy a big house, build up enough in savings to buy a decent house outright and you'll be better off than most goys.

If he does it outside of city limits, the restrictions should be significantly less restrictive.

>wanting to become trailer trash

texas:
I got land where a crappy mobile home used to be. Basically only worth tearing down. It's in the county so no restrictions.

Put in a septic tanks about 10k

13k for the RV

100/mo electric

Depending on how wasteful you are, install a 1000gallon above ground water tank and just truck in fresh water. Not a big deal.

Enjoy your $700/yr property taxes and everything else paid for.

Already had a power pole.

>Depending on how wasteful you are, install a 1000gallon above ground water tank and just truck in fresh water. Not a big deal.

Perhaps there's a way I could collect rainwater instead?

Everything else seems close to my dream house.

First off, minimum wage jobs are for teenagers in high school. You can easily find a job in the teens. Go on Craigslist Jobs and you can submit resumes day and night there. 4 years ago I was making $10/hr at a non profit similar to Goodwill, then found a warehouse job at $12.50/hr, to a sandblasting job at $14/hr, went to get my CDL and now am a local trucker at $19/hr. All but the warehouse job I found via Craigslist. I got myself a 2 bed and bath condo because prices keep going up and up and had to get something, roommate moved in and is paying me $500/month.

Housing is kinda tricky, we are going in a bubble right now, I'd focus on finding a semi decent but most importantly secure job because the economy will tank soon, this will cause the house prices to fall and if you play your cards right, that is the best time to buy. There is a federal home buying program (I forget what it's called) and it makes buying a house really easy. But you'll pay fees and interest out the ass. I know 2 people that have went through this program and though they are Happy they bought a home, they are livng day to day because they went and bought a $2-300k house on a 30 year loan with no down payment. Condo is the cheapest option to fully "own" something but there is an hoa fee. There is a growing trend of buying a sliver of land and buying a cargo container, trailer, or log cabin to live on, again something i don't know much about but people do it.

>texas
>collecting rainwater

My parents are fine as long as I work and don't sit around the house all day. Charging your own kids to stay in your house is just full jew.

under8ed post

In Vancouver rent is 1000 plus, I was paying 600 a month for insurance on my Beamer, 100 a month for cellphone, 80 a month for Internet, and that's just the beginning.

Decided being a car-less ski bum working minimum wage was actually a better option and got the fuck out of there.

You don't have it that bad.

>I'm thinking about buying an acre of land and moving a trailer on it and just living there.
the redpilled solution

DO NOT get fucking jewed and rent and apartment or some shit. Buy land.

You could always just eat less expensive things. Spending 3-400 on food sounds like a dream come true to me. I spend ~$150 at most on food a month, which leaves me with enough leftover to save or spend on other stuff.

Everyone I know says they spend about 10-15 dollars a day on food. You must be eating ramen noodles.

It seems affordable but then again. It seems you seek solitude so as long as its affordable for you which it is because of lower cost for utilities.

Reporting about my poor situation in Germany (I'm in vacation now). Average house price is like 200k while I make just 2.5k after taxes. 350-400 I spend for rent. About 300 for food. 20 for internets. 100-200 for misc. So I can save just 1000 monthly or so. At the end of the day, I decided to stay carless -- ride my bicycle throughout the year (luckily, my work is in 10 min. ride). I have a minimum of furniture, virtually don't do any leisure -- just browse internets. That's how it goes. I come home at 20PM after trainings or buying food for the next week, cook food and lie in bed until I go to sleep.

I feel no security and see no bright future for myself in this country. In fact, I'd rather go back to Russia and buy a solid brick house there for just like 50-100k. I only hate its climate.

Btw, I am 30. All of my mates in Russia have families, property, change cars every 2-3 years, have kids while I have none. Even worse, I even stopped wanting all of this because Germany seems so ... weird to me. It's like the whole country is going to hell and no one notices.

>Btw, I am 30. All of my mates in Russia have families, property, change cars every 2-3 years, have kids while I have none. Even worse, I even stopped wanting all of this because Germany seems so ... weird to me. It's like the whole country is going to hell and no one notices.

Wait Russia isn't going to hell faster than Germany?

You could live in the middle of nowhere and have cheap rent and no job, or you could live in a city and have expensive rent and as many jobs as you need to not afford it. It's a fucked up game, I'll give you that but here in 'Murica, we've essentially set up a neo-feudalist state.

You could always get a shit job in healthcare and make closer to what your time is worth.

You are delusional if you think the average Russian has it better. Also, as someone able to save €1.000 a month, you at some of the very privileged.

You're spending too much on food. You can easily cut that down under $200 and still eat well. Go heavy on the beans, rice, and potatoes and you can push it under $100.

Still gotta pay property taxes buddy

Buy bags of rice and dry beans in bulk. Buy potatoes and oats wherever you can find them cheapest. Make sure to keep consuming ~6 ounces of the cheapest lean meat you can acquire in your area, which is likely chicken breasts ($1.60/lb where I live).

For micronutrients, get whatever green vegetables are cheapest. Frozen peas, broccoli, green beans, and lima beans are good candidates. Anything leafy is a bad candidate as they tend to have too little nutrients for the price.

I've already got a decent paying job in telco, it's something I enjoy and I've been doing it for a while. It pays the bills and leaves enough to go out and have fun, but not really enough, even long term, to build anything out of. Really, I know I could save the money I spend on my monthly concert and weekly restaurant visits to get together a down payment on a house, but the barrier to entry is set so god damned high. I mean, I could do nothing but squirrel away every penny and live on ramen for the next five years and hate myself every day for it, or I could play the next five years out seeing how the housing market is going to fall, I've got enough in savings already to swoop if the bottom falls out like it did in '08.

>600 a month for insuranc
Wut

not if you're white

6 ounces per day*

One half to one pound per day total of those vegetables I listed will keep you in solid health. Everything else between beans, rice, potatoes, oats, and whatever else is really cheap is just healthy filler.

This.

Nigger you paid for them to live there all that rest of the time, it's not like your fucking expenses went up. Just make them save money so they can move out faster.

canada has even worse auto insurance jew scheming than the US

>$600 month car insurance

What the fuck kind of a driver are you to pay $7200/year for insurance? I live in Vancouver too but pay $1600/year on a Land Rover.

Kill your parents and inherit

Naw, that's bullshit. Insurance rates for me are bretty gud.

Check out tinyhouses and vandwellers. Or build a yurt.

Basically dumb parents trying to "school" their kids by punishing them.
Not buying them the latest iphone is one thing, charging them for rent? Expect to never hear from your kids again after they move out

59 replies and no mention that the chick in OP's photo is married to a black guy.

What happened Sup Forums?