Did he actually do anything wrong?

The savages received warnings to leave their tree, to go find another one.
That tree was sat on a shit load of resources, and their stubbornness got them BTFO

Other urls found in this thread:

bbc.com/news/world-asia-39094578
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Literally no

Maybe monkeys should have technologically advanced themselves so they could defend their resources instead of jerking off to their shitty nature

No, Sup Forums, everyone who acts like an edgy, rapacious twat is a decent and good human bean.

>received warning
>Jake you have 3 months to convince them to leave
>3 months and 1 interspecies sex later
>Jake: oh yeah, you guys have to leave

He did not sing Toxic Love.

So Jake fucked them over and did something wrong. What did Quarrel do wrong?

Ironically those "savages" are closer to God then the Humans ever were.

THEIR god. which wasnt actually a god, more like a big connected network between all living things

Dude was a fucking rapist.

Thats what a God is you heathen.

Humans had no business taking the aliens' resources by violence, any shit happening back on Earth is our fault and should have been solved in-house.

Wheelchair imbecile should not have forgotten his mission the second he smelled poon.

Scientists should have done something to diffuse the situation, or at least unplugged the wheelchair imbecile and beaten him with telephone cables until he came to his senses again.

Crystal treatment catmonkeys and their autistic god-planet had no reason to not accommodate the humans, at least temporarily.

Basically everyone involved was stupid and wrong.

Post it

That's some nice camo tbqh.

>le everyone is Sup Forums maymay

>those resources are ours because we want them
Not sure that's how things work user

>but muh might makes right
Okay, but the natives won in the end so that's not working either

>but the natives won in the end
Apparently not, since there are 3 sequels planned

Morality only applies to our species. It isn't morally wrong to set a dog on fire for your amusement. At most its morally unideal

Seconding this. Where da fuck is it

Why. Why is this happening.

Because of hippies like you who were depressed about Na'vi and their planet not existing so the next best thing was to watch Avatar in 3D 5 times.

What are you on about? Avatar was a truly awful movie and I regret seeing it.

Imagine being a sex-starved cripple and suddenly getting your legs back and be free to explore a wondrous new world together with a 10/10 huntress that genuinely loves you (after a while).
It's pretty understandable that he didn't want to tell the na'vi to fuck off, because in the end he really loved them (and Neytiri).
How would you keep both the na'vi (and Neytiri) and your employers (that really doesn't give a single fuck about you) happy?

>it's better for hundreds of people on both sides to get killed than convincing the natives to move their house elsewhere

Don't doubt Jim, he has his reasons.

t. Chink

seriously now, if some smuck came to your village and told you that you all needed to move NOW because a mining company was going to demolish it and dig a hole there you'll tell him to fuck right off.
There's literally no way the "deal" in the movie was going to work (and perhaps that was the idea, present outrageous terms to have a causus belli)

If that smuck told me that the well-being of his race depends of a mineral we conveniently sit upon and not have a use for it, then by the movie's standards of Na'vi bigheartedness I would let him take it.

*4* sequels of Neytiri BTFOing colonel coffecup (who will be the villain in all sequels) and doing cute things

You're American, aren't you?

>only americans conquered native people
European education at work

Didn't the first one come out like 10 years ago? How can they plan that far ahead with sequels when they haven't even got round to releasing the first one first? Honestly would anyone be excited about a sequel now? Avatar was a meme moment in cinema nobody really cares to remember or gets nostalgic about.

Europeans are decidedly embarrassed about colonialism now though, whereas babby America still thinks it's cool.

the mineral was used to power trains and the mining company was only there to earn money, they didn't give a fuck about if they saved humanity or not.
And if it was so essential to human survival they guys extracting it wouldn't be a private company with some washed out mercs

Europeons ahould just let the migrants have everything. They obviously need it more.

>they guys extracting it wouldn't be a private company with some washed out mercs
Their enemy had no less than two military defectors who had intimate knowledge of their tactics and technology.

Why do you think Earth is confirmed actually sending the big guns there in the sequel with the intent of glassing the fucking Navi?

Europeans are decidedly accepting of their own colonization. Which is happening right now.

-It was stated that Earth faced severe energy problems that perpetuated the general civil unrest it experienced around that time
-That private mining company was the only one willing to take the risk of extracting the ore and bringing it back to Earth
-They employed mercs because Pandora is a dangerous planet, even excluding hostile Navi

>Europeans are decidedly embarrassed about colonialism now though
Hahaha no they don't. They may make a speech about how racism and colonialism is wrong every now and then but in the end they don't give two shits what their ancestors did to the poor natives.

Cameron is a hack.

>implying
for Sup Forums standards I'm a massive liberal and I'm absolutely pro-colonialism, if done right

>literall wears leaves for a top
>no nipple shots in 2 hours of footage
why are americans so afraid of sex?

>Humans had no business taking the aliens' resources by violence

So what is more moral? Poverty & savagery?
Are the black africans more moral when they are starving because at least whitey isn't "taking their resources" ?
What determines ownership of these resources?

>conservatives
>we need to conquer you because you are heathen savages
>liberals
>we need to conquer you to save you from yourselves

Made me think

nothing about the sequels is confirmed. And the RDA had common mercenaries, jury-rigged civilian equipment and some old gunships at it's disposal. They also where so damn sure the na'vi where inferior they decided to attack at a disadvantage into a well defended area and got rekt.

>It was stated that Earth faced severe energy problems that perpetuated the general civil unrest it experienced around that time
the unobtainium wasn't going to help that, Earth in avatar is practically dead and can barely support life
>That private mining company was the only one willing to take the risk of extracting the ore and bringing it back to Earth
because they saw it as a way to earn money, yes. No way people would accept them selling the only thing keeping them alive for a profit
>They employed mercs because Pandora is a dangerous planet, even excluding hostile Navi
yes, as discussed above

you just have to look closer

>So what is more moral? Poverty & savagery?
Keeping your own fucking house clean. We let uncontrolled breeding and rampant consumer economy drive us into actual planet-wide resource shortfall, the solution isn't to sail the stars plundering magic rocks. The solution is to drag out the guillotine and start chopping off heads until there are conditions for setting up a sustainable system.
>Are the black africans more moral when they are starving because at least whitey isn't "taking their resources" ?
Black Africans aren't explicitly guilty for living like dogs. Humans in Avatar are.
>What determines ownership of these resources?
Nothing, it's an arbitrary construct. The issue is in whether we should sink to the level of interstellar robbers and murderers in order to sustain our shitty way of life. If that's the legacy we will leave to the future generations, maybe it's better we go extinct now.

fuck off hippie, the galaxy is mankind's birthright

>Black Africans aren't explicitly guilty for living like dogs.
>maybe it's better we go extinct now
I imagine you have a lot of white guilt?

The continent of Africa would be better off wiped clean and made into a living space for white people and/or asians. A continent of bountiful riches and the subhumans living there never sought to do anything more than live in mud huts.

>the unobtainium wasn't going to help that, Earth in avatar is practically dead and can barely support life
It could be used to power (probably first-world) facilities or create some kind of new technology.
You can argue that Earth is a lost cause, but that would also imply the lives of the Navi were more important than all the lives of humans back on Earth.

>because they saw it as a way to earn money, yes. No way people would accept them selling the only thing keeping them alive for a profit
I know that in the movie the company executives were evil capitalists, but since they won't ever succeed in getting the unobtainum we will never know for sure.

>They also where so damn sure the na'vi where inferior they decided to attack at a disadvantage into a well defended area and got rekt.
Movie logic, I can say nothing more on that.

Will they replace Sam Worthington, now that he turned out to be a flash in the pan?

Lol don't be such a faggot. Non-humans (including the ones here) gotta go.

-Anything wrong? Well, let's see; was he as bad as this guy?

Run out of anything clever to say already?

>A continent of bountiful riches
and animals, parasites and diseases that evolved alongside our ancestors, and for the most part extremely unhealthy climate. Also political landscape shaped by ass-backwards European politics rather than anything that actually works on the ground, and earnest efforts of muslim and christian missionaries to prevent the natives from ever leaving the stone age. The whole continent has had civilization and basic human dignity beaten out of it, what little of either managed to rise in the first place.

this, the humans in avatar are degenerates that didn't take care of their home and when it fails tries to take someone else home to continue their self-destructive lifestyle.

>b-b-but they look like me so they can't make anything wrong

no he'll be in the sequels

>inb4 Jake gets conveniently killed off

>Jakesully was special because he was a human but also understood
and lived among the navi
>he fucked up and instead of reaching a compromise he caused war
>we aren't supposed to feel sorry for the hundreds of families that were left without husbands. fathers and sons

Navifags are sociopaths, I swear

>being ashamed of your ancestors success
So modern europeans are pathetic then is what you're telling us?

If it was Africa that had the Europeans in it
And Europe that was filled with niggers
You would be making up bullshit about how the presence of wolves prevents civilization, or how < x > insect is the problem, or how horses are not a domesticable animal

>Did he actually do anything wrong?
Yes, he should have thrown the pilot chick and the head scientist pajeet in jail

Not really. But if you had any arguments you wouldn't be making an ass of yourself.

You are a retard who makes up fantasies of history while glorifying savagery
Shitholes where people starve are "peaceful hatred free utopia's" since they genocided all the whites

I still have no idea how it didn't cross his mind to bone the pilot girl when he controlled the avatar.

I never watched Avatar in 3D let alone 2D. How awesome was the 3D experience?

You could look at this in two ways:

>There are no 'grand rules' and all species have to compete for resources. In other words; the specie that is superior will come out on top and therefor humans did nothing wrong. The humans in fact gave the opportunity to leave but they foolishly didn't take it.

or

>You can't just up and go and take what's not yours. The Na'vi definitely owned the tree and the land around it so the human being all arrogant and assuming that because they are technologically superior means they can do everything they want. Instead, they could have made tried to bargain/trade in some way in which both sides get something they want. Something like protection and advancement of technology or education for the right to peacefully take some resources without damaging the land.

Yeah Jake is a retard that lost track of what he was supposed to do because spending time with hot na'vi girls and experiencing a fulfilling life got the better of him

>>we aren't supposed to feel sorry for the hundreds of families that were left without husbands. fathers and sons
They humans that died in the movie where mercenaries there on their own free will to earn money. They should be fully aware that conflict carries a risk of getting maimed or killed and if they're not ready to take that risk they have no reason to be there.

>You are a retard who makes up fantasies
This is you. I don't think you've made a single post in this thread where you weren't making shit up or attacking a strawman.

why did they have digital camo if the aliens had no tech

Would have been a bit too much on the nose if they all wore red coats and bearskin caps.

what was wrong with Sam? He seems like a rather good actor and all around likeable person

>he had an old disposable camera with him on all sets to have proper pictures with celebrities to show his grandkids in the future "when grandpa was with the bigshots"

>3 meter tall muscular alien having his way with a somewhat short human woman

this can't end well, that makes me think though. Would some of the na'vi fuck the human captives once they had taken the mine or would humans just not be attractive to (most) na'vi?

cheap surplus

I like Sam and all of the roles i've seen him in, from movies like Hacksaw Ridge to video games like Black Ops

literally a (human)race traitor

The captives are gonna get blued so hard.

By telling them the truth, so they had more than 1 day to think it over. Lmao. He literally neglected to deliver a message until it was too late.
>So hey chief, thank you for teaching me your ways, but I was sent to tell you to move
>no way!
>well you have 3 months to think it over or prepare for war
>aight thx Jake, have fun wit Neytiri

Oh shit.

maybe he was afraid they would kick him out and that he would lose his newfound freedom?
There was also a dropped plotline where the leadership in the clan only accepts Jake to press him on information about the humans (whom they of course know very little about). It's a shame it got dropped since it would give more depth to the clan leader and the matriarch, as well as Neytiri.

So... the military nuked em from orbit right?

Educated men plant trees, not destroy them. An ancient Greek proverb says "A society grow great when old men plant trees under whose shade they themselves shall never sit."

The leader of the Taliban in Afghanistan, Hibatullah Akhundzada, has urged Afghans to plant more trees.

>In a statement, he called on civilians and fighters to "plant one or several fruit or non-fruit trees for the beautification of Earth and the benefit of almighty Allah's creations".
>"Tree plantation plays an important role in environmental protection, economic development and beautification of earth," the Taliban leader said
>"Planting trees and agriculture are considered actions which hold both worldly good and benefit as well as immense rewards in the hereafter."

bbc.com/news/world-asia-39094578

>An ancient Greek proverb says
stopped reading here, ancient greeks were literally faggot infested

Obligatory

this
When history is taught concerning colonialism, the gist of it is mostly: shit was bad m'kay and never touched upon
But at the same time everything we did in that time is glorified as ambitions, proper entrepreneurship and bringing the world to hee... I mean spreading civilization and science throughout the world

That would make sense and we can't have that.

no, the na'vi where too cute

Yes. Humans invaded their planet and started committing mass genocide to steal their resources.
You're just an edgy cunt who thinks it's funny to claim the bad guys did nothing wrong.

they used to fuck young boys, because that was considered manly

So humans should suffer so aliens and their inferior culture can have their gay tree? Eat a bullet, xeno lover

>humans should suffer
Who was suffering? Does unobtanium cure cancer and nobody told me?
The aliens are honestly more valuable than the humans. For a start they don't go flying around space genociding other aliens so they can get more space fuel or whatever so they can fly to the next planet to genocide.
And they have far superior physiology. They are, dare I say it, the master race.

>Blue na'vi are the niggers
>Somewhere there are red na'vi who don't live in trees and have jobs

>>It was stated that Earth faced severe energy problems that perpetuated the general civil unrest it experienced around that time
>the unobtainium wasn't going to help that, Earth in avatar is practically dead and can barely support life

I thought the Unobtainium had something to do with space travel? Either way, it's presented as so critical that it can't simply be ignored.

But I find it had to believe the ONLY source was under the Indian's magic tree but even so, with the technology shown, humans should have been able to mine it from underneath with disturbing the magic tree.

Childhood is thinking life is about making big accomplishments.
Adulthood is realizing life is about everyone smiling together.

On a cosmic timescale, the Na'vi are an evolutionary deadend. An intelligent species is doomed if it doesn't develop technology which allows them to leave their planet and populate the universe with native life. So the Colonel was right.

I mean, we have some historical reference of that exact thing working. We even tricked them with some seriously stupid bullshit.

Who says they would never develop technology just because they were a technologically primitive culture when the humans showed up?

>Who says they would never develop technology just because they were a technologically primitive culture when the humans showed up?

Because making an omelette requires breaking some eggs and the tree-hugging Navi are never going to develop mines and foundries and factories, etc. needed to leave their planet.

Now that's no reason to kill 'em all and steal their shit but if the Unobtainum is as valuable to humanity as shown, something has got to give.

If human history has taught me anything, factories and industrialization are more likely to destroy your planet than save it.

You don’t need to go to a cosmic scale, we can see it right here on Earth, where some bemoan the supposed lose of a “unique culture” due to modern civilization intruding in on primitive Amazon natives… who will never be more than assbackward cavemen.

>If human history has taught me anything, factories and industrialization are more likely to destroy your planet than save it.

Yes, I hate that polio has been eradicated...

Pretty sure factories didn't cure polio.
Pretty sure polio was never an extinction level threat.

Where do you think vaccines are made? Where do you think polio was cured? Do you think it was a guy mixing herbs with a mortar and pestle?

He lost