Characters in Limbo thread

I've been following Quinten Quire since his introduction in New X-Men all the way to Wolverine & the X-Men, and watched as he went from edgy rebellious teen to somebody who could play a big role on the X-Men roster. But after he became the White King of the Hellfire Club, I haven't seen him at all. It especially sucks when you see characters like Idie and Evan who were in that series still being used and Quire and Armor are nowhere to be found. What are some MIA characters that you guys miss?

I certainly do not miss this piece of shit that's for fucking sure. But, I honestly miss most of the Academy of X kids, the rest of the Young Avengers, the Initiativem the New Warriors and New Mutants who aren't showing up in New Avengers. The WATXM Kids, New X-Men (Morrison) can all die in obscurity

Quintin Quire's been so mishandled after Morrison I would prefer if he never came back.

We're never getting that Andi and Flash book

Because not a single solitary soul in any corner of comic geekdom likes them.
And they are both so fucking boring and unmarketable and generic when compared to the beyond iconic 90's brock venom that...
I honestly struggle with the thought process that went into pushing flash venom over brock venom in all media.
I don't get it.

Everyone in the picture

Get off the Internet, Eddie

>What are some MIA characters that you guys miss?

I read the X-Men.

I don't need to elaborate.

That book was so isolated from everything else its a wonder anyone remembers those characters at all.

Monet has a major role in Bunn's Uncanny X-men

The value of Quinten Quire was in his interplay with other characters.
"Kid Omega" was a troll, an instigator, that loudmouth punk who thinks he knows everything and is just smart enough to make you wonder,
seeing other characters deal with him, seeing them put him in his place, seeing them push back in their own unique ways - that's the point of having Quire in a book.

A character doesn't need to be likable to be valuable to the story.

Remember when Hope summers was a really really really really big deal?

Shark Girl and Eyeboy are alright

Hi.

And really big deals don't stay really big deals in the mind's eye when they're shown not doing big deal things.
She's SPOILER: the reincarnation of a major Phoenix host. so she's obviously not going to vanish forever.

At least they gave her a scene where she told people she would be taking a vacation from being an X-Man, most characters vanish without even that much reason.

My most vivid memory of Hope is when Spider-Man managed to make her crave his cock in a single page.

I ducking loved Quentin and when they showed the future version of him with the Phoenix and had stopped being such a cunt, he had potential to be one of the best new gen characters...RIP You pink haired shit.

It was hell of a lot better than some of the books out at the time

tommy, plus all of the x-kids that just fucking disappeared

My time to shine.

I compiled this list of missing X-Men characters after Secret Wars and have been slowly updating it since then as characters have appeared or confirmed dead.

The entire runaways rooster, granted Victor showed up and was promptly killed off in vision but apart from that they've barely been in anything

>but user what about Aren-

ANYTHING!

Polaris is going to be in the Deadpool and the Mercs for Money tie in to IvX

I think Warpath was in Death of X

Nico was literally just starring in A-Force

>runaways

Muh nigga I just want them to together again

Where did Dani show up?

Goddamn really? Any other runaways?

Transonic had a cameo on ANAD X Men

>Madrox dead
Still hurts, I can only hope Layla is okay

Now Gert has company

Alex is going to be an antagonist in Power Man and Iron Fist, he's assembling a new Pride

>Alex

I keep forgetting that little shit came back in that stupid hopeless sequel to AA

not surprised he didn't change his stripes though whos on it?

I'd love for Victor to come back ultron style with some shiny new upgrades, too bad he and the rest of the runaways are underutilised

>Fantastic Family and Good amount of Mutants for Movie Rights reasons
Tigra cause Tumblr
>Sif and Valkyrie cause Whor
Lila Rhodes cause she's been completely replaced by Riri in every way
>Thanos' actual character cause gotta pimp him out because of the movies
The real Carol Danvers
>All the initiative/academy/runaway kids...you know, the "new" teen heroes that were actually written well and had character development, and not just gender/race labels sewn into costumes
TOAA, has to be a real ass if he allowed time runs out and secret wars to happen, lets those asshole builders destroy EVERYTHING and then makes doom, reed, and molecule man rebuild it from scratch

I saw Transonic in "The New X-Men" issue where Kid Apocalypse had his birthday party.

She lives.

You should check it out yourself, a lot of X-kids showed up.

Read Hopeless? I'd rather pour bleach in my eyes.

He's actually doing rather well with Spider-woman.

Granted I only stick with it cause I have a thing for preggo's and milfs...

Good to know! List updated.

>Polaris

When I see her, I'll check her off the list too.

>Warpath

I think so too, but the figure was so tiny that it's impossible to say with certainty who it was suppossed to be.

I was told that she was seen in a preview for an All-New X-Men annual which is coming up.

WHERE'S HUSK?!

Oh that poor, poor girl.

Here's Lorna

>Goldballs

Fucking why?

Good enough for me!

where was Pixie?

Almost gassed by Terrigene?

She appeared in a big crowd scene in Civil War II. Pretty inconsequential, but she was there.

oh
;__;

why isn't she on a main team this is stupid

Well, what team would she be on? Illyana renders her redundant on Extraordinary. I don't see her mobbing up with Magneto and company in Uncanny. And she doesn't really have any social connection with the gang in All-New. I think it's just a matter of there not being a good place for her right now. Maybe next year when the new X-Men Gold, X-Men Blue and Generation X series begin.

Why are Mercury and Pixie the only Academy X kids in this whole thing?

Look again at the bottom row.

Me too user, and the Runaways who weren't sacrificed as d-list fooder.

Mercury is there too, on the top row.

Rockslide, Dust, Hellion, Anole and Surge have appeared in the comics.

Wither, Wallflower, Tag, Icarus and Elixir are all dead.

Prodigy and Wind Dancer are depowered and basically written out long enough ago that one wouldn't reasonably expect to see them anyway.

Who else might I have included? Virtual nonentities like Match, Indra and Onyx who were never more than set dressing to begin with?

Pixie should have been all over that teen Cyclops dick

I meant where is she in the world?! and I pray
she doesn't appear in Death of X

Armor

Elixir is coming back

Again

Well, good! It seemed to me that his powers were such that killing him oughtn't be as easy as all that. I was extremely skeptical of the finality of his death there.

Damn, that's a good point. I now remember having meant to include her on this list but then forgetting. Sadly I can't really see where to put her without screwing up the layout, so I'm just going to say "she hasn't been relevant for years now, and her absence shouldn't be surprising in light of that" alongside other students like Onyx, Indra, Match, etc.

I guess you could replace the fallen ones (so far Madrox and I guess Cyke at the end of Death of X) or those with prominence in one series (Cannonball and Warlock in USAvengers and Jubilee on Hellcat)

>and I guess Cyke at the end of Death of X

I'm waiting on that. I'm anticipating a twist ending. The standard rule of "if there's no body then they aren't dead" counts double here, in a case where we don't even know how he supposedly died. I include him as an unknown on that list until the moment that we see a body.

That's why I said at the end of Death of X if it's clear enough and there's no surprises or unexpected twists.

>At least they gave her a scene where she told people she would be taking a vacation from being an X-Man, most characters vanish without even that much reason.

That wasn't Hope's last scene, her last scene was kicking her father out of X-Force and taking it as her own.

Secret Wars sending that thread to oblivion is just another thing it shit up.

She kinda lost what made her special when Teen Jean appeared... so ya we wont be seeing her anytime soon.

I did like the theory that she was 616 version of Rachel as being a Jean reincarnation felt too obvious.

Just like how Claremont had the idea of Rachel being the spawn of the Pheonix Force itself and therefore be a unique being in the multiverse. It makes sense for the Pheonix to spit out another spawn to fix up scarlet witch's multiversal level "no more mutants" spell.

Pic related. I don't like where Clone Conspiracy will go in terms of what they might do to Kaine.

I'm about 90% sure that this new Jackal is Kaine at this point, but I'm not looking forward to that reveal either. I'd grown too fond of him as a protagonist to see him revert to a villain again now.

Make him Ben Reilly instead please, I don't want to lose Kaine!

Don't forget to save her, Champion.

It most definitely isn't kaine, not only were they both on the banner but Kaine has his own ASM issue coming up. Plus Kaine and Jackal hate no one more than each other.
Ben Reilly on the other hand...

1. For such a big fan, you surely fail at spelling his own name
2. Watxm v2 was dogshit for the most part and I'm glad that everything in it was dropped forever except Nature Girl's existence

did he die in that first arc of Uncanny a while back? i cant remember

i have been wondering about what he looks like under that new mask cos he does look younger, i think he may have given himself a peter body to be at peak fitness.

I always like the idea of the moptop , push broom stache Warren under that mask though

I want Nico to be with her family again.

Singularity can hang with Molly and Klara.

The X-Men are way to eager to reinvent themselves every generation, just because some writer inevitably gets the bright idea to introduce a brand new cast, which will garner a small group of fans and be all but forgotten by the time the next guy wants to introduce his cast of OCs. Occasionally one or two make it into the C-listers which gives them a shot of being picked back up later, but the rest is doomed to exist as background fodder or even be forgotten entirely.

>tfw no Hope X-Force

That roster was fucking cash too.

He did.

I miss Sage, granted Claremont pretty much ruined her near the end, but I wish she could come back as her X-Treme X-Men self.

Pixie, Armor, and Mercury need to show up somewhere too. Or at the very least just Pixie, I love me some Pixie.

Now that Gambit has shown up in Deadpool vs Gambit and X-Men Civil War II, will he be showing up in one of the team books?

didn't hellfire club show up in Bunn Xmen?

Not the kiddie version, thank goodness.

Still a lame line up

Monet, Sebastian Shaw, Black Tom Cassidy and Magneto's old side piece

As long as it has Shaw, it really doesn't matter.

Is Pierce still dead?

I hope so. He hasn't had a decent story in decades

Cell and Hollowpoint are never going to get revisited by more competent writers, and that's kind of a shame, especially with Ewing working on a reformed AIM.

>marvel being all "progressive LOL"
>still kills their best queer character ever just because he's on an x book

Who's the queer?

The only dead one, genius.

Yeah, so you're wrong. Maddox is straight.

Since when was Maddox gay?

Since he died.

Not Cyclops kicking the shit out of her in the Nuzlocke book.

The fact that he may no longer have the Other in him worries me. First because it was a cool pawer, second i loved the interaction Kaine had with it and the fact that he could snap anytime.
Also, with the Other out, next time Kaine dies, he'll stay dead.

He looks to much like Peter under the mask, he is going to be Ben.
Also cutting-edge technology, Kaine?

Isn't Alex being set up as a big villain in Power Man & Iron Fist?

Who said that Storm's Earth-abandoning Hellscape refugee team of Xavier's teaching holdouts and Inhuman apologists is "the main" team of X-Men?

Magneto's team has as much, if not more, claim to that title as Storm's does.

>Magneto's team has as much, if not more, claim to that title as Storm's does.
This. It's also been a pretty enjoyable title despite >Land

Eli Bradley. :(

Plus, ( going back to the original question about Pixie ) why would Megan ever join any team based in Limbo?
I seem to remember that she had some strong feels about that place.

Static

The academy X-kids were unique in that that used the former new mutants as 80% of Gen X was dead by that time. They really were good and fully fleshed out before House of M. Even then they were still pretty prominent. Honestly, hopes and this new generation were entirely forgettable. I don't know what they were going for.

Gay doesn't count when it's just you. The word for that is "masturbation".

Lol Marvel doesn't own Savage Dragon

Ok i will ask, which academy X/new x-men vol 2 was your favorite kid and why was it Dust ?

I miss Static.

>why would Megan ever join any team based in Limbo
I dunno tbqh.

Bunn's doing alright and he's gonna have Lorna and Rachel in a book together, so this will be kinda neat.

I'm pretty interested in his tie-in having Jean and Fantomex go after Karnak. Maybe because it'd be neat to see someone who actually likes the X-Men take a crack at her--although she was too OP in his CW mini.

Yeah, other than Hope, Kidpocalypse, and Tempus to a lesser extent, I can't think of any new mutants that have left much of an impression on me, however I feel like there's one guy I keep forgetting from Spurrier's X-Force though ;^)

Problem with the "current" generation is that they don't have anything unifying or anchoring them in common cause. They were split between WatXM and Benis's stuff which both had two wildly different directions, and at least in WatXM's case the direction really, shit the bed after AvX I thought it was fun before that.
Bendis's UXM was a mixed bag of meandering, but it had its moments, and mostly good art. We won't talk about ANXM though.