New Channel 4 sitcom 'Back' live thread

Starring David Mitchell and Robert Webb
Created and written by Simon Blackwell (Peep Show, The Thick Of It, Four Lions, Veep)

Starts on Channel 4 at 10PM

>Back is an upcoming British sitcom starring David Mitchell and Robert Webb.[1] The six-part series was created by Simon Blackwell, and will premiere on Channel 4 on 6 September 2017.[2]

> After the death of his father, a pub landlord and local legend, Stephen (Mitchell) is set to take over the family business. But his plans are interrupted when Andrew (Webb), a former foster child briefly raised by Stephen's parents, returns to his life eager to renew his relationship with the only true family he has ever known. While Andrew quickly charms the rest of Stephen's family, including his mother Ellen, sister Cass and uncle Geoff, Stephen quickly begins to resent Andrew and views him as "a glib, dangerous sociopath who's about to steal his family, his business and his life".[3]

Get in here and discuss how peep show was so much better and this is a rehash of the old characters and even though the writing and plot points are terrible, you'll continue watching because it reminds you of peep show and you have nowt else to do

Watching QI instead sorry m8

t. likes underage boys

The cast and writers are great, so the show will be shit.

I thought it was a Peep Show special from the advert that's been airing

its dad from my parents are aliens !

>choosing a lesbian over middle aged peep show

bet u don't like banter

PLUS ACTOR.

name one thing objectively wrong with fucking kids

>starring David Mitchell as Mark
>starring Robert Webb as Jez

looks like kino's back on the menu boys

surprised if he's in for such a small cameo. must have been a favour, or he's involved somehow.

Oh shit, I missed the beginning now, and I don't get Channel 4 over here. I'll watch it tomorrow.
I'm not expecting great things though, but we'll see.

similar character traits to mark and jez but that's no surprise.

don't have big expectations either, but it's actually alright so far. pretty good, looks like a solid 7/10

A few shit jokes here and there though.
The big brother thing was just pure shit although it's funny there's a another Jeff in the show

I expected as much, Mitchell and Webb usually play the same sort of characters in everything they do together. Same with that weird magician film they did years ago.

>hurr I'm totally neurotic and timid durr so funny lmao

Tired old shit cliche and show.

>that ending

Absolute shit confirmed.

Pretty shit overall but some good bits.

>watched it with me mam
>that last bit

Yeah, weren't all that desu.

David Mitchell playing a very similar character, but Robert Webb at least has been given more range.

was probably a 7/10. would not watch this exact same show if anyone but mitchell and webb played the main two characters.

was not shit by any means, but on the lower end of what i'd expect from mitchell, webb and simon blackwell.

>Robert Webb can't get away from playing the fuck-up

Seems good a thread as any to ask. Did anyone watch David Mitchell as Shakespeare in that sitcom Upstart Crow?

Was it any good?

thought it was good, the show will (no matter what it does) be in peep show's shadow, but it worked well on it's own merit.

i'd give it 7.5/10 for a first episode. room to improve , definitely worth checking the first couple of episodes out imo.

anyone have a link?

kys

what happened at the end?

>yfw a new David Mitchell and Robert Webb TV SHOW

>David Mitchell and Robert Webb

KINO IS BACK ON THE MENU

>Mitchell and Webb

Never lost interest so fast.