What's your opinion on this movie?

What's your opinion on this movie?

It's shit.

Overrated, although that one jump scare was quite good.

refreshing concept, good for what it is. sequel sucked tho

The only horror movie to cause me to experience physical discomfort since I was a child.

Decent

It's fun despite some weird mid-2000s era editing choices that distract from parts of the action.

one of my absolute favorite modern horror movies. top five of the 2000s without a doubt

It was alright, but was extremely overrated, and at the time it felt completely random when out of the blue everyone went batshit crazy about just another horror flick.
It's not like it was in any way original, inventive or groundbreaking, but for whatever reason critics decided to praise it

The novelty is good enough for a rental.

Pic related is the superior Descent.

Reddit's first horror movie

We're not talking about babadook/it follows/the vvitch

I only liked the vvitch of the three, and It Follows was mediocre but at least the concept was fresh.
The babadook was just another family-relations horror that's been done over and over with Orphan, Case 39, We Need to Talk About Kevin, and milleninals/redditors confused for innovative material.

Good example of what happens when feminists go on holiday and get into trouble 10/10

Seamless pacing and cruel banter until that one jump scare took a huge shit on itself

I bought it when it came out on dvd and watched it with a couple of friends and we all agreed that it was mediocre at best. Some people have been calling it a hidden gem in horror threads but after re-watching it I honestly can't see what makes it stand out in any significant way.
The poster being a cheap Salvador Dali rip-off isn't a good sign either.

Is that the one with the chicks?

I watched it with my dad---he thought it sucked.

Like literally every horror movie ever, it shits the bed in the 3rd act

did you know they changed the ending in the American version because the test audiences didn't clap at the end? They wanted a happier ending lol. Not even kidding.

Horror movies are overwhelmingly shit I found this one watchable, i would watch it again without cringing

Horror kino

>mfw watching this with 2 girls
> they get so spooked they both cuddle up to you

I like the spelunking aspect of the film

The non-americuck version is good, the false ending and trapped in a nightmare aesthetic was pretty good at the end. But the characters are a bunch of unlikable cunts.

Really enjoyed it. Right up there with It Follows.

Didn't like The Witcher much.

A great movie which neo-Sup Forums could never enjoy.

To be fair, The Descent was arguably meme horror before meme horror was a thing.

I hate being that person who says "the book was better" but it really did ruin my experience, and I love horror movies. I'm terms of underground horror movies I like the first 80% of as above, so below.

The book is so different it might as well be called something else.