Spared no expense

>spared no expense
>actually a shit ton of expense spared

what the fuck hammond?

He spared no expense where it mattered - on the chili and sea bass.

>chili and sea bass
What did he mean by this?

>builds raptor pen
>cant even hold a raptor

He did spare no expense, thats why all the dinosaurs got out and killed Sam Jackson

please tell me you are joking
>Chilean sea bass

Pretty sure there aren't any sea bass in Chile you stupid fuckface

Why would Alejandro only make sea bass for a meal? Obviously there is a side and in this case it is chili, most likely carne asada. Alejandro is FAMOUS for his carne asada chili.

How are you enjoying your first ten minutes on Sup Forums, faggo?

why did they edit in a raptor scream when he laughed?

He was a showman, and he spared no expense on the stuff people would see.

The film literally makes a point of explaining this.

That's the point. He DID cut corners everywhere he could. It isn't as well-demonstrated in the movie as it is in the book, but the message is still there.

"This species is also sold under the trade names Chilean Seabass in the United States and Canada"

Now get out you underage faggot.

>spared no expense

Dennis Nedry: [laughs] I am totally unappreciated in my time. You could run this whole park from this room with mimimal staff for up to three days. You think that kind of automation is easy? [sips a soda] Or cheap? You know anybody who can network eight Connection Machines and debug two million lines of code for what I bid for this job? Because if he can, I'd like to see him try.

In the book Hammond is a old greedy asshole and not the well meaning but flawed lovable grandpa in the movie.

I feel that he wasn't really "well-meaning" until Jurassic Park 2. He's kind of an asshole in the first film who is more or less responsible for most of the staff dying.

Also gets ripped apart by a pack of compys when he tries to abandon everyone, including his grandkids, to save himself
Also Grant nerve gasses the shit out of a raptor nest

Maybe he shouldn't have built the raptor pen next to the control center.

>being this deluded

You dumb fucks.
He was saying "Chill Lee and sea bass"
Chill Lee is the nickname of the Asian scientist they were talking to.
Jesus Christ.

they ate the scientists?

No, you dolt. Sea bass is the nickname of one of the other scientists. He said that "Alejandro prepared a delightful menu for us, chill Lee, and sea bass".
Why would he say that a menu was prepared then tell them what the lunch would be? That's just ridiculous, a menu implies multiple choices.
Must I explain everything?