I love the show but cant stand this cunt. Anyone else agree?

I love the show but cant stand this cunt. Anyone else agree?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=6x-JVXkd8SQ
twitter.com/AnonBabble

He was one of my favorite characters desu. Also, did anyone else hate the ending?

No, Greg is amazing. He has all the funniest lines

I liked greg, he had a lot of really funny lines.I personally would have preferred if was toned down a little though, but overall I like him.

why did you hate the ending

How can people hate Greg when Wirt was the unbearable douche of the group?

I heard in the first draft he dies

no man, greg is pretty sweet

i wanted wirt to stay and be with beatrice

you like LOLSORANDOM!!! the character? Wirt could be pretty annoying too but Greg was on another level. I still love the show but Greg kills my enjoyment when I rewatch it

You heard wrong. He died in the final draft, too.

we all wanted that

This show inspired me to make my own rock buddies a few years back and thats a rock fact

You didn't like Wirt's ethnically ambiguous girlfriend?

Beatrice and him had more chemistry.

Sup Forums is full of miserable assholes who identify with Wirt, instead of Greg's childlike innocence

Agree
Hated his stupid voice.
That song was the unquestionable low point of the series.

>Also, did anyone else hate the ending?

I could take or leave the ending, but I loved the second-to-last episode, with the flashback explaining how the story started. One of my favorite twists in anything ever.

>Anyone else agree?
more or less, yeah.

Absolutely. Annoying cunt

>you'll never date a girl who's an egg

Fml

i want to fertilize that egg

I actually like the ending, everyone gets a happy ending, and you can see how wirt has grown through his experience it is almost flawless one of those flaws being not enough beatrice

>STEVE THE EGG
>STEVE THE EGG

He's annoying but not that bad, really.
Plus he got some fun moments.

YOU HAVE TO EAT AAAAL THE EGGS

don't forget that the beast couldn't break him, and he actually has some pretty good lateral thinking like with the sliver spider web and golden comb of honey

youtube.com/watch?v=6x-JVXkd8SQ

Yeah, Wirt wants to be a hero, Greg actually is one. Wirt struggles to be as good as Greg. Good thing he makes it.

>Wirt wants to be a hero, Greg actually is one
Except Wirt was the one who saw through the Beast's game and killed him for good.

I feel like Beatrice was a bit of a bitch in the show and was insensitive.
Seriously she almost lead both Wirt and Greg to their deaths so she could be human again.

looks like they both ended up having traits that were admirable, and we could stand to learn from both of them, not just one or the other

she thought they only needed to do yard work, and was willing to take their place as mindless slaves when she found out what auntie actually wanted

she cared about them more than herself

Pretty much.

Right, even though in a way she sounds like the kind of character that would tell you to go play in traffic, I can literally hear her voice uttering something like that.

>LOLSORANDOM!!!
He's a child.

I was annoyed with him but grew to appreciate his role in the story in the end

His ambiguously brown girlfriend is the best looking girl in that photo. Beatrice is still best girl

>cant stand this cunt
Off yourself.

he woke up next toSAUSAGES

None of them looked like THAT. Honestly this mini-series had one failing and it was character design. Couldn't stand those geometric stick figure designs.

I thought it added to the comfy-ness (I know it's a stupid meme word) because they reminded me of animal crossing characters which is equally comfy around autumn

So the unknown is the afterlife right?

The twist was shit.

That flashback episode was genius. The whole time I thought this show took place in older era.
Absolutely loved the twist.

Same. Blew my mind the first time I saw it. Especially Gregs elephant reveal

Oh I had the same feeling for a very long time.
He improves towards the end though

>the "children can't help but be annoying cunts" defense
I interact a lot with kids and some of my friends have them. Children aren't annoying fuck-ups by default, it's a character trait.

I do.

Does Raggedy Ann have to slap a bitch?

Bump.

Easily the worst character and his song about potatoes and molasses was terrible.

A friend of mine told me about the show, and told me to stick with it, saying it'd all make sense at the end.

So I was always expecting some kind of twist. Although frankly, with media like this (cutesy on the outside, creepy on the inside), you can almost guarantee they'll be some kind of twist near the end.

The beast was a neat villain. Not too edgy, not too flamboyant, and just the right amount of mystery to him.

He's like 6. I'm pretty sure when you were young, you were pretty damn annoying.

As someone who has to babysits his nephews a few times each month I can say I've never seen a 6 years old as annoying as Greg.

I couldn't watch past the first episode because of him.

Greg is the show. If you hate Greg then you hate the show. Same with the ending. Step it the fuck up Sup Forums.

Not at all. I love the show and like the ending but loathe Greg, who's a little disobedient piece of shit. Where is your god now

As another user who interacts a lot with small children, nuh uh. Kids have different characters. Being annoying isn't a result of being a kid, it's a result of being an annoying person. Or possibly having shit upbringing. Or both.

You don't really understand the show if you characterize Greg as a disobedient piece of shit.

Shit taste alert

Damn I only just realized why they made that decision for their noses

Agreed. The only time he isn't a rampant piece of shit is in Into the Unknown.

Every other episode, he's incredibly irritating.

Lots of people seemed to have problems with him. I've shown this series to several people and in my experience, if you have children or you find young kids cute, Greg is actually enjoyable. If you can just overlook him, you won't mind him though you won't enjoy him. Understandable for those who had annoying younger siblings and this reminds of that.

I loved the ending. What's to not like about it? Both protags grew as characters, plus some other great niceties, and no it wasn't all just a dream.

I can forgive you for that. I understand your feeling.

I kinda wanted him to hook up with Lorna, despite her having seen some shit, or Beatrix. I can't decide though since Sarah is nice also.

It's called being the older brother of a much younger annoying child and also called being young yourself. He was neither unbearable or a douche.

I don't personally mind it but I do agree you have a point. I can't introduce the show to a few of my friends because they absolutely point-blank refuse to look beyond the art style.

>Greg is the show. If you hate Greg then you hate the show.
What now? Pic related.

Can anyone recommend some material like OTGW? Could be comics, cartoons, pen and paper RPGs, movies, music, games, books, anything

I need something

I agree that Korra is best girl, wrong thread nevertheless

I'M THE HIGHWAYMAN.

I have only seen five episodes so far and I want to kill him and that bitchy blue bird.

I'd recommend watching the rest before someone here spoils it

In an earlier version of the story, Wirt was going to stay in the Unknown

If you like classic literature, read the short stories of Nathaniel Hawthorne

Anya's Ghost by Vera Brosgol (graphic novel)
Seconds by Bryan Lee O'Malley (graphic novel)
Coraline (film 2009)
Gravity Falls

I like all these things but, besides for maybe Coraline, they aren't like OtGW at all.

Greg and Wirt are both annoying in the well done way.

Greg was written as an actual kid. annoying without pattern and sometimes a smartass but never an intelegent ass.

Wirt was also a good example of a kid being written well. he had moments of whinyness and selfishness but it wasn't all the time. he didn't learn an obvious, 190 degree turn lesson, but he didn't learn nothing.

I'm impressed by how much they both seemed like actual kids.

Thanks so much anons

things are hard lately

I appreciate the recommendations

greg is like half of the show though

Greg was impossible to discourage. People who don't like him have no soul and a black heart.

He does get some character growth in the last episodes that really put his character in perspective I think

could have done without the potatoes and molasses song. That whole episode was pointless actually.

Greg is the character that most embodies the spirit and ethos of the show.

Yeah, my only nitpick was when Greg didn't react at all to monsters and other horrific things until the finale. I know it was played up for laughs, but even quirky characters like Mabel are capable of showing fear to fit the tone of the situation.

They each deal with the supernatural, and for at least two of those, they deal with faerie-esc elements. Coraline especially. Plus they all have the twist of the being in modern times.

He didn't say quite what he wanted, and these are some good supernatural stories I personally like a lot.

Also I forgot to add: the game series "Changeling the Dreaming" by White Wolf publishing might be of interest to you. The original version, not "the Lost" series. It is a game-system, not a game exactly. So you'd need a GM who was willing to work in that world. But Coraline, OTGW, and others fit very neatly into its setting. They also kinda of promote a darker sort of faerie tale setting, but not required.

there is official OTGW comics

>character development is pointless

I agree he grew as a character but that episode was ass to the Nth degree.

ParaNorman has a similar northeastern America in Autumn vibe plus supernatural elements. I don't like it as much as OTGW, but I think it's pretty good.

And the rural Americana parts of the show reminded me of a few of Bill Peet's kids books. They might not be super similar, but they're great books.

Coraline and Paranorman.

I think of OTGW as kind of an American version of Spirited Away. In a sense. I mean they're based on very different cultural references, but they both have a similar otherworldly vibe and a child protagonist who matures during the journey.

>Main female character+main male character become a couple
>It's terrible
>OTGW they don't get together
>It feels like a missed opportunity

I don't understand

this show was dumb.

Spinoff when?

One of the comics told his story

This. My sis studied child development and has worked with kids for years, and insists that her son just has a lot of energy.

No, he's a cunt. Because he was raised just like every other cunt.

>an American version of Spirited Away
I like that comparison. I wasn't too big on Spirited Away, probably because I didn't understand all the cultural Japanese references Japanese kids learn at that age.

Here's your (you).
What about it did you find dumb?

I liked him, but I can see why people could be annoyed by him. If anything though, I was more annoyed by his older brother.

But Greg was right the entire time.

>Annoyed by gnome Dipper
Why?