Nightwing #8 Storytime

Another (2) week another nightwing Issue. Hope you guys had a great Halloween/Day of the Dead.

Other urls found in this thread:

newsarama.com/31317-batman-nightwing-divided-after-night-of-the-monster-men.html
www31.zippyshare.com/v/5q9o63MC/file.html
www56.zippyshare.com/v/wnnwD6Cx/file.html
www27.zippyshare.com/v/W2xLapjb/file.html
www69.zippyshare.com/v/V5C6cHIE/file.html
www99.zippyshare.com/v/Vyf1o7WM/file.html
www88.zippyshare.com/v/nbE2JhCk/file.html
www109.zippyshare.com/v/84KXBWBs/file.html
www64.zippyshare.com/v/XBLWzzeD/file.html
www19.zippyshare.com/v/zI2HJMdd/file.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

I really like the Variants, the only one I didnt buy was #1

that signature is a bit annoying

So Mary is the gypsy? Wasnt it John pre-flashpoint?

Raptor looks like fucking professor Snape

I know I'm gonna get alot of shit for saying this but I hope they fix Barbara for Dick. Current Barbara is too much of a bitch, or atleast make her work for it.

[spoilers] Im not gonna kill you Im just going to attach a deathtrap that will kill you [/spoilers]

Fuck iam quite sleepy, i fucked up spoiler.

So what did Raptor teach nightwing exactly? To play the long game? Not very educational

I hate how DC always tries to shoehorn Batman in everywhere.
I thought the whole point of Nightwing's solo is that he got tired of Bruce's shit.

Well #10 is where Nightwing Finally goes to Bludhaven so there might be less Bruce and Batfamily

Okay one thing that always bothered me about this nightwing run is that if Dr. Daedalus wiped the persona of Dick Grayson in earth how come the owls and Raptor still know that Dick is Nightwing

I've been out of comics for a few months. How has this been so far? Is it as good as Grayson?

Bruce's face is just not having it with this shit.

Why should Barbara be fixed?

Barbara has always been the worst love interest for Dick. Dick/Babs only exist because Timm wanted to be a creepy fuck later on and because Robin/Batgirl. They've never meshed well and the whole relationship necessitated tons of retcons to happen.

I like it but then I'm a dickfag, its pretty good if you liked grayson seeing as it doesn't completely forget the characters from his Spyral days, I am however disappointed with the whole Parliament of Owls arc, it felt a bit lacking/ ended prematurely.

In your worthless opinion
Plenty of people love the pairing. And they're husband and wife anyway, they just don't remember. Bet you that will be one of the things brought up when Rebirth ends, though I'm personally hoping that they reveal N52 Babs is a fake like N52 Lois and Clark and that the real Babs is a prisoner of Oz.

Just assume that the Owls had some sort of anti-mind-wipe device that let them remember. Don't think too hard on it. That was pre-Rebirth.

I like the childhood friend , partners in crime dynamic. Plus I never liked starfire as dicks Love interest mainly because it seemed a bit shallow.

Parliament of Owls was always a knock-off of the Court of Owls and they really didn't need to make it up to begin with. It was a mediocre idea. Raptor is cool, though.

They're not husband and wife. They never married. Shit was going to happen only to create angst when the plan was to kill off Nightwing in Infinite Crisis.

Remember, Convergence never happened. Brainiac took the characters from various places of DC"s continuity, then after the shit that went down in the main series he placed the characters right back to when he had just taken them, meaning that whatever happened in Convergence never happened.

Dick and Barbara aren't married. Nor is Dick and Kory, which by the way, also happened in a Convergence mini.

Stop being a stupid shipper.

I guess, rebirth has alot of retcons people dont really wanna ask about but if it works it works.

Dixon's Dick/Babs was sweet.

I mean, I'm still pushing for Nightwing/Ravager over in Deathstroke, but who knows how that'll end.

>I like the childhood friend , partners in crime dynamic.

That's it! They weren't that shit. They didn't grow up together and Barbara was 6 years older than Dick when she showed up as Batgirl. He regarded her as a rookie and Barbara him as an annoying kid. They were like Damian and Steph. They weren't partners.

Then Chuck Dixon decided to retcon and retcon to forced this dumb pairing all thanks to the cartoons influence where Timm was planning to have Batman fucking Batgirl to cuck Robin.

It's a shit pairing that has been holding both characters down since the goddamn late 90's.

>shoehorn Batman
>in a Nightwing book
>about Dick's past
You don't know what shoehorn means.

>Dixon's Dick/Babs was sweet.

No, it wasn't.

It was shit in Birds of Prey and worse still in Nightwing.

Could have been done better imo, like a shadow government kind of thing.
Isnt Post flashpoint earth just the same minus years and events and the convergence nightwing oracle New earth(?) So you can argue it did happen but it got erased, idk timelines are weird.
I like Ravager but not for end game, I really liked when Dick was Renegade and teaching Rose.

>mainly because it seemed a bit shallow.

two characters being paired just because they're bat characters is way more shallow.

Bruce x Kathy
Dick x Bette
Dick x Babs
Tim x Cass
Damian x Steph

Daww

No, because pre-nu52 Dick and Babs never married. Dick went on to be Batman and never looked back.

Hope you guys liked it, I wonder how Mother Panic will interact with Batman.

Blame Seeley because I'm pretty sure that DC aren't forcing him to include Batman and Batgirl in this.

Fucking love this. Seeley really does understand Dick he's better than Batman

Didn't Bruce tell Dick he was gonna take the batman mantle again so its not stupid to think that he becomes nightwing again

Well I personally like DickandBabs but I don't have control on what the outcome of it will be, but DC is trying to establish more end game couples since I think theyre tired of doing the whole "will he, will she" shit theyve been doing for decades in cape comics, something that Marvel should do imo. ( I heard Luke fox and Jessica was gonna break up, any truth to that?)

>I thought the whole point of Nightwing's solo is that he got tired of Bruce's shit.
You thought wrong.
Do you enjoy being wrong?

He's now a descendant of the "Gray Son of Gotham" after Court of Owls though.

Dedalus didn't erase any physical evidence just minds and computers. Raptor knew Mary Lloyd and knew she had a husband and a kid and still has all his pictures, all his news clippings.
The Parliament still knew Bruce Wayne was Batman. They still had the bomb in Damian. They could put two and two together easy.

Where's my no-prize?

I fucking loved this.

Getting killed by a silver spoon tied into your company's stocks? That is some proper comic book gimmickry right there.

Barbara Gordon should end with Jason Bard, if they're going to go OTP.

That's who her love interest is. The created Jason Bard for her.

Dick x Babs was a dumb retcon done only for synergy purpose. First they had to retcon a friendship there that never existed and later they kept retconning Barbara's age down to make it not creepy.

Because of all the terrible retcons Dick and Babs always come off as shitty people since you've to give reasons why they had never been together in the past or can't in the future. So they're constantly being dicks to each other and other people.

I'll never understand Dick x Babs shippers. This shit has never been good. Not in the cartoons were it started due to all the cucking, not in the mediocre Chuck Dixon's stories were they behave like moody teenagers, not in other's stories where shit was even worse and specially not in the reboot.

Oh i could have sworn it also deleted Print and Put mental blocks on people so they cant put two and two together ( like what Dr Strange did to Spider-man)

Wasnt he the cop Jason Todd pushed off the GCPD building in Batman Eternal?

Huh,. He also refused to sleep with Barbara when she asked him... Does Jason ship dickBabs?

This the infamous Raptor? Well, that was disappointing. The guy is just a poor Snape rip off.

Seeley is really taking the piss out of the Nightwing cliches. Having Dick defeating Raptor by making him mad for being compared to Bruce is much better than Dick getting angsty because someone said he is acting like Batman.
There is hope for this run

You're probably right. Whatever, it's comics.

Also having Bruce be the damsel in distress while Dick is off fighting the big bad.

Yeah, definitely have to give Raptor a 9/10 for his Deathtrap Irony rating.

It was more like Jason knew he was a knock off dick substitute and it bummed him out cause he has an inferiority complex about not being as good as dick ( when he was robin and as a solo hero)

Well he's being quite theatrical about all this.

He's not wrong.

I guess I won't worry too much about the "distrust" thing that was announced after the monster arc a while ago.

WTF was Steve Orlando talking about? lol.

10/10 page

is that a year one reference?

You guys like how spyral isnt very secretive these days and more like checkmate or the fbi and shit

It was suppoesed to be because of Raptor's ideals and Strange messing with Bruce, but in the end I don't think the idea stuck, even during the Monster Men arc.

newsarama.com/31317-batman-nightwing-divided-after-night-of-the-monster-men.html

Theyre still doing it I think, Justice League #6 (?) Bruce was trying to call Dick and he wasn't picking up plus the distrust will lead Dick to Bludhaven

Nightwing 008 (2017) (2 covers) (digital) (Minutemen-Slayer)
www31.zippyshare.com/v/5q9o63MC/file.html

~

Nightwing - Rebirth (2016) (2 covers) (digital) (Minutemen-Slayer)
www56.zippyshare.com/v/wnnwD6Cx/file.html

Nightwing 001 (2016) (2 covers) (digital) (Minutemen-Slayer)
www27.zippyshare.com/v/W2xLapjb/file.html

Nightwing 002 (2016) (2 covers) (digital) (Minutemen-Slayer)
www69.zippyshare.com/v/V5C6cHIE/file.html

Nightwing 003 (2016) (2 covers) (digital) (Minutemen-Slayer)
www99.zippyshare.com/v/Vyf1o7WM/file.html

Nightwing 004 (2016) (2 covers) (digital) (Minutemen-Slayer)
www88.zippyshare.com/v/nbE2JhCk/file.html

Nightwing 005 (2016) (2 covers) (digital) (Minutemen-Slayer)
www109.zippyshare.com/v/84KXBWBs/file.html

Nightwing 006 (2016) (2 covers) (digital) (Minutemen-Slayer)
www64.zippyshare.com/v/XBLWzzeD/file.html

Nightwing 007 (2016) (2 covers) (digital) (Minutemen-Slayer)
www19.zippyshare.com/v/zI2HJMdd/file.html

It's alright, I guess.

>My neck hurts
>It's cold
>I heard that speech before
>This dentist chair sucks
>I wish I was on a rooftop doing my Batman stuff
>But I guess Dick has to finish his story arc
>I wonder what's Alfred cooking tonight

It's okay. Plus they've been pretty exposed to the Batfamily already. Thanks Batman & Robin Eternal...

I mean arent they supposed to be so secretive batman didnt know for a long time then they transitioned to working with cops, but i guess since Tiger is the leader now and isnt affiliated with Checkmate anymore( are they or arent they? i never got what happened to Tiger, he was a double agent? then he shot his ex gf but she was also a checkmate agent?) and wants transparency

>Batarang in the sock
kek

What an awesome issue! Seeley really knows how to write Grayson!

OP here gonna do Aquaman in a short bit

I got the impression that he despised Spyral's former direction, but I hope they address his relationship with Checkmate.
They can easily brush those questions away by saying somthing like "well, we used hypnos on everybody and no one knows we've been here lol." But I don't think you can just run away from Chackmate that easily.

I also hope that Dick just didn't just erased his problems with all those spies either, it would waste all of that build up.

Well Seeley did said he'll add elements from grayson, lets see.

Aquaman

>Bludahaven
Wasn't there a tweet where Seeley says how he's not a fan of Bludahaven, but since he can do whatever he wants he'll write it on his own way?

I'm not sure about the tweet but I do know Seeley doesnt like the nightwing Cliches so we're gonna see something hopefully new and fresh

Found it. God bless this man

Give it a rest, tumblr

>let me ruin another classic part of NW's mythos because I don't like it

His own book reiterates it every issue

>mainly because it seemed a bit shallow
You gotta read NTT man, they went through a lot of character development with each other
Unfortunately there's quite a few soap opera-y things since it was the 80s and Wolfman, but they were a thing that was built up for over a decade
And they were cute

Yeah.

I hope he keeps doing it.

It was there... for like 2 issues

Of course, you fake fans only care about the fanservice anyway

Yeah, he needs a new song and dance as much as Nightwing does.

kek

>ruin another classic part of NW mythos

I wasn't aware such things existed or that Seeley had ruined them. Please enlighten me

You make it sound like Bludhaven was good under Dixon and Grayson.

I mean they were young and starfire was hot but the whole relationship was kinda hollow in my perspective (plus wasnt star a complete slut?). i do get why people like dick and star fire and i can respect that but i personally like Barbara and Dick

No, that was just Bruce being affected by the Fear shit that's going on.

The fact that Bruce called Dick because he was afraid and feeling guilty for, well, everything, shows that the one person he wanted to talk to the most was Dick.

Dick was probably busy doing Titans shit, Titans Hunt and Darkseid War took place at around the same time as well, so it's not weird to think Titans and Justice League's first arcs are taking place at the same time.

Bruce wasn't afraid at that moment.

And beside, Bruce was going muh parents and muh Jason in the issue after because they are the events that he feels most sad, angery and guilty about.

Grayson was better because it was faster-paced, but this has been good, too.

Is the artist for the Grayson comics working in any Rebirth comics right now?
His art is delicious

You talking about Janin? He's on Batman, user.

Not even close.

Hes doing Batman atm

Oh my good lord.
I need to finish New52 Superman/Superman and Batman asap.

>liking poser art

Not really. Batman/Superman wasn't even good outside of the delicious Jae Lee art which was rare.

This is James Bond-tier