"Lisa, there is no room for crazy bebop in 'My Country 'Tis of Thee'."

>"Lisa, there is no room for crazy bebop in 'My Country 'Tis of Thee'."
>"But Mr. Largo, that's what my country is all about."
>"What."
>"I'm wailing out for the homeless family living out of its car, the Iowa farmer whose land has been taken away by unfeeling bureaucrats, the West Virginia coal miner coughing up..."
>"That's very nice and all, but none of those unfortunate people are going to be at the recital next week."

This should remind you all that Lisa was never good and she didn't just become a preachy liberal douche in Season 12 or something.

>asking Sup Forums to take off their nostalgia glasses

Where's that fucking janitor.

it's literally all Paul McCartney's fault

At least Lisa felt bad for people who deserved it. If this were Season 20+ she'd be talking about the poor transgender kid who was bullied into suicide or the girl who got fat shamed.

What?

>Children who commit suicide aren't worthy of sympathy
Are you some kind of sociopath?

I'll never understand why people are so fixated on hating a character and not the writers behind the show.

Is Lisa irritating now? Yes.
Is every character irritating and the show a poor shadow of what it used to be? Yes.

Man, I liked the dark, brooding Season 1-3 Lisa. I wish they'd kept that characterization of her instead of the liberal activist faggotry of later seasons.

Ask any child psychologist and they tell you that 7-9 year olds tend to be moody and insecure about themselves. If you consider that cartoons are meant to exaggerate reality, Lisa makes sense.

I agree. I didn't especially like myself when I was Lisa's age.

Lisa: Sorry Mr. Bebop, I did my best.

>sees someone on Sup Forums
>entertains the idea he may have basic human emotions

Hey, it was the early 90s. ;)

kek you must be new

Whereas 10 year olds tend to be optimistic and fun-loving.

>I'll never understand why people are so fixated on hating a character and not the writers behind the show.
Because characters like Lisa and Brian are thinly disguised stand-ins for the writers, so hating the characters is equal to hating the writers. This is evident because these characters rarely see their oh so perfect ideologies properly challenged, and when they do get challenged it's from blatant strawmen who exist solely to make sure you know the character is right. That's why those rare occasions where the character is called out or truly proven wrong are so satisfying.

Compare all that to, say, Peggy Hill, who was written to be horribly insufferable BUT was also written well enough and not given special treatment enough that you recognize that her faults and holier-than-thou attitude is just from how she's designed and NOT because she's a stand-in for the writers. Thus if you hate Peggy Hill, you don't necessarily hate the writers.

>This is what reddit thinks Sup Forums is like

It's also why Lisa is the most inconsistently written character on the show, since she reflects the beliefs of the individual writing the episode.

or you just came from Sup Forums

/thread

Still one of my favorite gags from the series. Anyone remember which season this was from?

Season 9, Bart Star.

Jesus fucking Christ, Lisa. Give it a rest. If you want to make a song about that shit then come up with a fucking song yourself. Don't try to insert your bullshit into the recital to trap an audience into listening to you because you aren't talented enough to get them to pay attention on your own.

Fucking parasite.

jej

those aren't the statements of a liberal's beliefs, those are the statements of a lolbertarian alt-right frogposter's beliefs

congratulations OP, you finally pinned down what it is you don't like about Lisa

/thread

Wasnt Lisa teacher a tranny?

They aren't in most cases.

>that out of nowhere stab at bureaucrats
Fuck you too m8's

The vegatarian part was his fault. He wouldn't show unless she went full vegatarian.

If Lisa Simpson was Punisher's daughter would he be relieved that she's dead?

Of course Lisa makes sense, people dont complain about characters because they don't make sense but because they don't like their personalities.

No. But we still would be.

Yeah let's forget all the times where the show makes a point that Lisa is wrong and that nobody likes her because she's a mouthy bitch.

>>/r9k/

Also Hank was a writer stand-in, you just happen to agree with him.
Peggy is pretty much a strawman, written entirely to be wrong all the time.