Shade, The Changing Girl 02

Let's see how DC's young animal goes.

wait what

why is shade a girl now

Retard

This is extremely engaging so far, definitely following up on the first issue's strengths. Thanks OP!

I'm going to have to grab trades for this, hope they put more out for the Milligan series as well.

an honest question

last time i saw him was in hellblazer issue two hundred something

what changed

Annnd done!
That's all folks! Hope you enjoyed it!

Soooooooo

Shade > Doom Patrol > Cave Carson

I agree.

Can't wait for Mother Panic though. I really like Tommy Lee Edwards art.

Mother Panic should be a 7/10 alone thanks to the art
It'll probably be more like the Rebirth books where the writing could be better but the art is great

Thanks OP, it was great.

Yeah Shade is the best one so far but Cave Carson has only had one issue so who knows how that will play out.

That fucker looks like Sans from Undertale

It's more surreal than Doom Patrol but for some reason I find it more easier to follow, easily my favorite of the three followed by Cave Carson

leave and never come back

We don't know what Rac Shade is up to, but some Metan named Loma has the madness now, and she has possessed the body of a girl who died a brain death from overdose

Same. Hope the writing is good.

I think I prefer Doom Patrol to Shade, but they're all great.

No backup this time?

Mother Panic will hopefully be a better Batwoman book than Batwoman.
It'd be wild if that theory's correct and she is actually an AU version of Kate.

Why is the art so fucking shitty?
It is dA fanart tier

wat

Go read Batman for your daily dose of poser art then.

>New smells.
>New holes.
>New kinds of evacuations.
She pooped. It was a new experience for her.

read the first issue

>HELLO MEGAN

This is the only truly great book DC is putting out now. At least there's one.

>dissing Sheriff of Babylon and Deathstroke
Don't be a bitch. The Big Two are publishing 3 truly great comics right now

So let me make sure I've got all this down.

Some alien from another dimension idolizes a surrealist poet and steals his coat, which is a sort of technology that affects the mind. Her mind ends up on Earth possessing the body of a braindead girl who was an alpha bitch bully that everyone at her school hated. The coat is slowly but surely driving the alien girl mad to the point where it's affecting the fabric of the world around her in subtle ways while simultaneously trying to deal with the life her host body left behind?

Pretty much

The power of chaos looks pretty fucking fun. Thanks for the storytime OP, I'm loving this series so far (bought #1 after finding it in another city, will probably have to do the same for this one).

Huh. You're good at this. Remind me to ask you the next time I can't figure out what the fuck is going on in a series.

I'm not falling for the King hype machine, and Deathstroke may be the best straight cape book DC's putting out, but it's far from transcendent and is closer to what the average should be.

you don't have to fall for the hype train if you don't want to, but Sheriff of Babylon is still one of the best comics on the stands right now

You forgot the brilliant layers of metaphor about being an American high-schooler and what madness truly is/feels like.

THE best.

Did you like Omega Men?

it would be hard not to

Well after two issues Shade is blowing it out of the water.

>metaphor about being an American high-schooler
I love the whole "Call me Shade" thing and her tossing out her electronics for a reason that sounds really odd to normal people, really nails the whole 'teenager going through a phase' vibe. And everyone's just thinking 'brain damage'.

ok? multiple things can be good without detracting from the quality of each other

Shade is an actually great comic whereas Omega Men is not. I should have been more clear.

well you can just go fuck yourself then

Won't get to read this ish of Shade til I pick it up from LCS but read the first a few days ago and loved it. Some nice throwbacks to Rac's journey. Very dense for a debut too, love the murder mystery and that the chick's parents are practically fearful of her

Ironically Cave Carson has the worst art out of YA so far (Oeming is lazy and underdeveloped as a storyteller) but its premise is the most appealing. I am a sucker for sad dad stories though. Plus Wild Dog

that black girl looks into the spookyness

the theory, in theory, shouldnt be right considering young animals take place in the main universe, but it would make sense considering what we know of hte character

>entire shoebox for Teacup

Man, Megan really hates her.

I like that the hint Lepuck actually gave a shit was followed up on.

And I like the "ministry of ministries".

Yes, "hates"

I like the way you think user

OP didn't storytime the whole thing.

Backmatter incoming...

Damn, japamoot really killed storytiming.

3/6

4/6

5/6

>but its premise is the most appealing.
not at all.

End

I'm surprised the shit posters aren't hating on this book

Kill yourself

Quality rebuttal famalam

>In DOOM PATROL, we focus on Casey Brinke, with Danny the Ambulance being her "dad" or "creator".
Interesting.

I liked this issue a lot. Some of the dialogue felt just a little off and the artist isn't the best with faces, but those feel like minor complaints with a very well put together comic.

Very impressed with Young Animal so far, much more than I am with Rebirth.

Shade hasn't surpassed Omega Men yet, not by a long shot. You can dismiss Batman and Grayson (except the Futures End one-shot) as "hype train", but Omega Men, Sheriff of Babylon, Vision, and the Green Lantern Darkseid War one-shot are the best comics from the big two this decade other than maybe Multiversity, if you like that kind of thing.

I feel like people are overrating Omega Men. It was great sure but the ending fell flat on its ass.

you mean literally the last two pages where the only problem is Earth inexplicably leading some sort of Galactic Confederation?

It just has the most boring premise, sorry.

The only thing people re overrating is Vision, which hits you over the head and makes sure there's no subtlety. Omega Men was fantastic.

>Closer to what the average should be
Priest has a more unique narrative than Doom Patrol or Shade. If anything, Doom Patrol is what the average should be.

That and the entire last half of the issue. All the character endings being completely wonky with Primus becoming exactly what he was fighting against, Kalista killing the Viceroy and basically becoming him, then Kyle doing nothing about it and instead going to some random general in his civilian guise telling him about what's happening as if Earth is big enough to be a part of it.
I enjoyed the ride and thought the book was great, just didn't like the ending.

>Primus becoming exactly what he was fighting against, Kalista killing the Viceroy and basically becoming him
>then Kyle doing nothing about it
The point
your head

How did you not see those things coming? Exc pt for Earth, the others were already obvious.

I get the point, that doesn't mean I like it. That's the whole point of my post you donut.

>No, but I HAVE repopulated a species.
Oh god.

Look at that tiny robot!! LOOK AT THAT TINY ROBOT OMG

Cave Carson > Doom Patrol > Shade
for me.

But Tom Scioli's Carson backup was best of all so far

The character endings aren't wonky, they're exactly the way the arcs should work out. Especially Primus, id you black out every time he talked about sacrificing his soul for the Omega Men?

"Best comics from the big two this decade" means absolutely fuck all and there are definitely a few that are better than King's blunt pretensions of grandeur. He writes the same tragic shit over and over and people lose their minds because he shoehorns in a few allusions.

Rac Shade/Shade, the Changing Man was an old Ditko character from the 70s/80s, revived by Milligan and Bachalo in the 90s.

This book seems to be following in the footsteps of the revival, which characterized Shade as an eccentric poet from Meta, a planet in another dimension, whose coat could warp reality. He was in a sense a kind of Doctor Who-like character who "died" several times and was revived in a different body with different personalities. This Shade was one of the first Vertigo books. He has kind of a cult following.

Just got it, they had already sold the cover I wanted but I'm just happy it's selling.